The Systems Analyst(s) will provide gathering and documenting user requirements along with the creation of the resulting design documentation, development, testing and technical support / maintenance of C# applications on existing in house desktops. The prospective candidate requires strong problem solving and analytical skills to provide daily production support to business clients of the application. The prospective candidate requires strong requirement gathering abilities along with C#.NET programming experience in development and maintenance of large critical applications, a strong knowledge of database performance, object oriented technologies, a proven ability to function within a team, and provide technical support to other developers. Reporting to
the Associate Director of Business Solutions, the Resource(s) will work under the direction and supervision of a Team Leader.
Responsibilities may include:
- Facilitating/ overseeing the requirements sessions with business.
- Gathering requirements from business resources and documenting requirements in formal design documentation.
- Providing daily production support by providing resolutions to problems as they arise.
- Performing detailed analysis and design of proposed application changes.
- Programming planned enhancements (C#).
- Performance tuning of application environment and code
- Performing program modifications and enhancements with minimal direction.
- Providing impact analysis of proposed business changes on the application, in terms of development effort and processing.
- Adhering to quality assurance guidelines and maintain quality assurance on all deliverables.
- Providing on-call support on an as-needed basis.
- Status reporting to team leader as required.
- Performing system testing as required.
- Performing troubleshooting activities
- Collaborating with other IT and business units
- Developing well documented and robust code
- Performing code reviews as required
- Providing estimates for development activities
- Managing timelines
- Be responsive to problems from other developers and team members
Provide application services within the Alberta Department of Energy. The Resource(s) will be responsible for collecting business requirements, maintenance, development, testing and support of applications and interfaces accessing desktop applications currently in use within the Alberta Department of Energy. Reporting to the Associate Director of Business Solutions, the Resource(s) will work under the direction and supervision of a Team
The application environment consists of microcomputer applications running on the Intel platform utilizing Microsoft Windows Server and Windows 7 Clients, Visual C#.NET and MS SQL Server.
The work location is the 4th floor at 801 – 6th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta.
The anticipated duration of Services is from June 16, 2014 to March 31, 2015. The Province may extend the Contract, under the same terms and conditions, for 2 additional terms of up to 12 months each to perform the Services.