One of our Government Clients is seeking for Systems Analyst. Details are as under:
Job Title: Systems Analyst – Server and storage Support Analyst – Intermediate Level
Contract Duration: July 14, 2014 to March 31, 2016
Work Location: Edmonton, Alberta.
Working Hours: The standard workweek is comprised of five (5) days at 7.25 hours per day.
In general, key aspects of the role are:
- Providing day-to-day computer operational support;
- First responder and primary support to the Server team problem ticketing queue;
- Providing configuration of system hardware;
- Providing installation, patching and configuration of system software;
- Providing system performance monitoring and performance tuning;
- Managing user accounts and file systems;
- Providing support to the Management and Administration on the networking functions of the Windows servers;
- Providing expertise to users in the effective utilization of client/server based applications software;
- Providing technical support to client community and Functional Unit team members;
- Assisting in evaluating and testing client/server products and utility software that interfaces with the applications in the Windows Server environment; analyzing the impact on those applications, and recommending a plan of action including determining the costs and benefits of the recommendations;
- Documenting processes and procedures related to operations, software installation and usage;
- Participating in disaster recovery planning and execution, as necessary;
- Providing quality assurance and quality control to ensure changes to the application and operational procedures meet the department standards;
- Supporting ad-hoc reporting requirements;
- Working with automated tools used to support the applications and operational procedures;
- Maintaining currency of software releases, including the testing and implementation of the Microsoft Suite of server products and other third party software – e.g .Quest management tools;
- Maintaining documentation of the applications and servers including business/technical design, operating procedures, standards and guidelines, etc.;
- Maintaining change control procedures, standards, and policies already in place.
- Managing the Server backup routines, creating and managing the backup tapes, tape recovery procedures as required.
- Experience as a Windows Server Systems Administrator in a client/server environment in the last five years.
- Experience with server hardware installation and maintenance.
- Familiarity with Active Directory concepts such as group policies, groups, users, authentication, replication, security permissions, etc.
- Familiarity with Windows Performance Basics and trouble- shooting, e.g. memory, processor utilization, network, disk I/O.
- Experience with data backup and recovery applications.
- Experience with HP server and storage hardware.
- Experience with incident management software such as ITSM Frontrange.
- Experience with SAN Storage solutions.
- Experience with Enterprise E-mail and File archive solutions.
- Experience with Server Virtualization.
- Experience with Windows System Centre Operations Manager.
- Experience with mobile device setup and support in an Enterprise environment.
Indeed - 9 months ago