LensCrafters

LensCrafters Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hardworking, dedicated, fun group of people who are committed to providing excellent customer care and service.
Lead Lab Technician (Current Employee), Novi, MIAugust 7, 2014
Lenscrafters is a fun, dynamic place to work. Employees are dedicated to providing exceptional care and service to all customers.
Learned new things all the time as new products came into being.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 31, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: everything had to be done in an hour no matter how many jobs came in.
Job request comes in - need to pull the correct blanks - mount and generate the correct prescription to the lenses. Fine and polish the lensed then grind to size to fit the selected frame. Check lens prescription to insure it is correct, no scratches before sending it out the window to be checked by the customer associate.
Great Associate and Patient Interaction
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great training, wonderful patients and associates
Cons: predominant negative feedback emotional outbursts from management, lack of concern regarding labor policies.
Set goals for all sales associates via huddles. This included morning, midday, and closing. This allowed us to explore opportunities and wins alike. Booked appointments, verified insurance coverage, training associates and giving both positive and negative feedback to all associates. Pretesting patients a preparing them to see the Doctor of Optometry. Interaction with lab associates regarding eyewear standards and creation.

Learned vast optical knowledge. Good Optical training.

Management was a mixed-bag. There was more negative feedback and discipine on the sales floor than other companies for which I previously worked. HR, California Labor standards were in question and not strictly enforced. A great deal of micromanagement was prevalent. On several occasions there was actually associates that were berrated by store management on the sales floor. Dissappointing.

Sales associates and assistant managers were great. Great attitudes. We hired associates that were capable of being empathetic with our patients.

Most difficult part of the job was learning the software which was not user friendly. Once you learn it though, it was effective.

I enjoyed this career opportunity for several reasons. I learned many new skills regarding optics, working with insurance, and patients. Interacting with the patients to discover their needs and to be able to help them see properly was huge. There was also a charity program to help under priviledged individuals obtain eyeglasses. I was involved in the One-Sight program and it was thoroughly rewarding.
Laid back fun place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 22, 2014
A typical day was making custom eye wear, and assisting LAb manager with inventory.
Great Optical and Sales Experience
"Sales Supervisor" (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 22, 2014
Fast paced work environment. Great coaching and growth opportunities.
Great people, loved helping people.
Certified Lab Technician (Former Employee), IndianapolisJuly 7, 2014
Manufactured eye-wear at millimeter tolerance, with deadlines under an hour. Maintained and repaired vital lab equipment. Maintained healthy customer relations. Assisted with retail sales. Excellent problem solving. Earned equivalent state certification in optics in under average time.
productive warm and inviting company
Eye Care Consultant (Current Employee), Greece, NYJuly 2, 2014
I have worked for the company for three months now and have not encountered a situation that I was not comfortable speaking to a manager about. My co-workers support me in my decisions both at work and at school. They also openly give me praise in places of my job that I succeed as well as encouragement or suggestions to where I can improve my performance. My management are very supportive and appreciate all that I can give for the job. In this environment I learned that its acceptable to ask for help and when u go above and beyond you will be appreciated. i can on honestly say this company is the best I have worked for.
No Growth Potential
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), MarylandJuly 2, 2014
They will sell you a bill of goods about their being room to advance. Simply untrue. Over 7 years later, no growth room and when you ask for a change, you get lipservice and they never do move you. Managers are unable to speak their minds and stand up for their staff for fear of retaliation. Lunch breaks are 30 mins, the end. Good luck actually eating! They do not compensate well, they give you percentage increases which usually add up to cents over the years. They do not value their employees.
Fun and productive workplace
Eye Care Advisor (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJune 26, 2014
I was employed part time but was unable to sustain my part time hours due to my full time student status
Productive workplace with a versatile, online-trained team
Production Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2014
Construct quality optical prescription lenses with a wide array of precision equipment, including generators, lens edgers, and the Coburn CS-7 layout marker.

Schedule eye exam appointments.

Most enjoyable part of the job: handling one-hour jobs.

Hardest part of the job: paperwork.
A focus on Sales
General Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2014
Pros: free eyewear
A very detailed work environment. Very high paced with a huge focus on sales. The training received here is awesome and prepares you for day to day life scenarios. You meet lots of people and save life's through giving people there sight back. A very rewarding career!
Highly competitive and Energetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vineland, NJJune 13, 2014
Pros: discounts, employee contests, lenscrafters seminars
Cons: last minute scheduling, cut hours
Every day was a new experience since every customer/ patient was different. I'd meet lots of new people who made working there even better. Management was a little unorganized but the manager herself was a great mentor. My co workers helped make things seem easier even when times were occasionally hectic. The hardest part of the job was actually leaving. I met so many great people and still keep in contact. The best part about the job was always staying busy. I like not having too much down time.
This is a decent company to work for.
Eyewear Consultant/Optometrist Technician (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 11, 2014
Pros: yearly certificate for eyewear
Cons: lack the hours needed to survive.
They were the only company that would give me a chance although I was not bilingual.
I loved my location
Retail Manager (Former Employee), breaJune 5, 2014
I worked for LC for almost 10 years. It ended up becoming the company that did not care about their employees. There was not a good balance between homne life and work life
Great Job While in College
Optometric Technician (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLMay 30, 2014
I loved working here for three-and-a-half out of the four years I worked here. Problems began with a change in store management. For the most part, the hours were flexible. I had four weeks a year vacation and a week of sick days. I had health insurance and retirement benefits (401K). I also had pension in my name that I did not have to pay into. Overall, I liked this job and this company.
Fast paced
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee), Florence scMay 29, 2014
It was a nice beginning job to meet the needs of the public. I met with the public daily and assisted them in their needs for clothing and answered any questions presented!
A decent job but not much for a career
Lead Tech (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILMay 28, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: long hours, company is short staffed
A typical day at work consisted of running one hour jobs for customers who need their glasses right away. Checking all special order glasses as they come in and making sure that all machines were operating correctly and that all sales were final and customers were satisfied all around.
Rewarding job
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Brookline, MAMay 24, 2014
This is one of the few jobs where I felt I was selling a product that positively impacted people's lives. Nothing is more satisfying than helping someone see clearly for the first time (especially children).

The downside is that the job is very complex, while the pay is not very good.
Day at Work
Sales associate/ 0ptician tech (Former Employee), Milwaukee,Flordia,ChicagoMay 16, 2014
Pros: incentives
I would come in enter in my work Id number in the computer then I would make sure I have all the charts for the daily appointments. Then I would proceed to the testing rooms and make sure the testing equipment is turned on and the room is patient ready. Then look at the sales floor we as a team would make sure all the inventory is fill and current banners are out. After that we would go over daily goals as a whole and as a individual. Also I would make sure everyone knew what the sales where and what as a team we want to accomplish. The Hardest part of the job was sometimes it was so busy you couldn't get to know patients as well. However because it was so busy most of the time the day would fly by and I felt like I learned a new skill everyday and the job.
over all not bad
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMay 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, vacations
Cons: expected way too much out of their employees with low pay
I really enjoyed working for this company at first. They had excellent benefits as well as time off. The problem I had was when I met the district manager who told me I made too much money. I felt that after that I was targeted by being moved over an hour away from my house making the commute unbearable. I soon quit to work at another optical place closer with better hours for my needs.

About LensCrafters

LensCrafters brings eyewear and malls together. Part of the growing retail arm ( Luxottica Retail) of Italy's Luxottica Group, – Read more