LensCrafters

LensCrafters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The employees are like family
Licensed Optician (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility, opportunity to move into management, positive environment
Cons: short breaks, training, # of hours limited
TV in the break room, management gives wonderful negative feedback and positive feedback, but not enough sales training. The training you get in sales comes from being on the sales floor.
Great People
Optician (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 22, 2014
I loved to learn everything that I was doing. People we good at teaching you everything. But things would change so fast and no one would tell you till it was to late and you made a mistake.
Eye care
Eyecare Advisor (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Eyecare place. great opportunity to work and different environment.
Lead lab technician
Lead Lab Tech. (Current Employee), lubbock, txJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: not enough hours allocated
Insured all eyeglasses have correct prescription, F.I.C. Certified. I earned a Hard Worker Award in the Lab for speed and accurate with minimum to no errors on quality eyewear and machine maintenance.
We pushed to make weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals. My usual weekly sales were $3K and up being in Lab and on Retail floor and $25k+ as a team – more... each week.
In charge of ordering central purchasing for lab/retail and making sure not to exceed monthly limit. Open/close store and make deposit at the end of each night with change slip for the following day – less
great incentives
General Manager (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAJanuary 10, 2014
Uncovered customers needs and helped them look and see their best. On the job, hands on training helped support individual and team development. Great place to start a career. Developed daily and weekly action plans to drive business. Learned how glasses are made and how they are supposed to work for individual needs and how to read prescriptions. Developed – more... a team and ran 3 different businesses at once, Optical, Retail, and Manufacturing. – less
Is not a bad job.
Eye Care Advisor (Former Employee), Vernon Hills ILJanuary 6, 2014
Cons: bad management no benefits.
My mainly job was to set up reservations. I learned how to set up tables depending of how many people were in the party. Management is bad is a self own place. Is hard to deal with a self owner who doesn't respect their employees. It was fun to see all different races come to one place.
Technical services for vision impaired
Frame Stylist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 20, 2013
Pros: 50% off glasses!
Cons: retail hours left little time for family.
My bosses and co-workers were a major bonus in this job. The training programs were always ongoing and advancement was easily achievable.
Customers ran the gamut of the human spectrum!
Micro managed
General Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 16, 2013
LC has a hard time trying to figure out if it wants to be retail or an optical practice
Aid customers with frame and lenses selections, size, place oders, repair frams, recieve payment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sumpter, SCDecember 7, 2013
Pros: rewards for meeting quotas
Cons: the enterance to the lab would get congested.
A fast-paste, customer oriented position. Helped customers select frames and lenses, measured, placed orders, received payments, repaired frames,and when eye wear were ready adjusted to the customers.. Also helped in the lab, stocked, cleaned, reorganized when needed.
Overall okay; not great but not bad either
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 6, 2013
Pros: easy work pace, decent products, great hr
Cons: pay, hours
I was a lab technician with almost ten years experience. I was told that they had a corporate grid on pay. Overall this is a super corporation that lives by underpaying its quality employees while tenured employees had less expected of them.
Good company to work for
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Springfield, NJDecember 3, 2013
Pros: 1 pair of free eyeglasses per year
You will find that a lot of the workers for LensCrafters have been there for years. They don't really give their associates a reason to want to leave. The pay is decent once commission gets factored in, that is, if your store does well that week. Has room for advancement for those who seek it.
productive fun place to work
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 29, 2013
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: health care
My typical work day consist of coming in the Lab, make sure the that all the materials are ready to b use. The machines are up and running, no jobs are delay.
Customer service and medical problem solving.
Lab Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2013
It's fun to work here and never the same daily dredge. I enjoy helping people see while still getting to enjoy the latest technology, the newest in fashion, and a six sigma back end operation to support the product.
High demand retail environment
Licensed Optician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2013
I found the Regional Manager to be completely oblivious to anything optical based which in-turn made her "sells plans" be more based on how much money was going to be collected from each customer and how to increase that number oppose to what was going to be best for the patient which is what Licensed Dispensing Opticians are suppose to do. The co-workers – more... were enjoyable and easy to get along with. I learned much more patient and how to work a digital lab. The hardest part of the job was be able to multi-task with 4 or more patients/customers when understaffed due to cutbacks. Most enjoyable part of the job was the production of the lenses. – less
Overall great company to be a part of
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Quincy, MANovember 18, 2013
The interaction with so many different types of people is a great experience
Lab Technician & Consultant (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 15, 2013
Can be a fun environment to work in. I worked at 2 locations. I loved my first store. The management and team members were very supportive. Lots of team selling and coordinating with lab technicians to provided customers with a superior product and experience. I've also worked for locations that lack a good support structure and team atmosphere. It – more... really depends on the individual location. – less
Productive and Fun workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Rockville, CTNovember 14, 2013
Fast paced place to work for. Everyday is different. Challenging in Several ways.
Productive and a fun working place.
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee), Round Rock, Tx.October 2, 2013
Pros: fun and exciting environment. hourly pay + commission!!! vision plan is great as well!
Cons: fall season is very slow & health care benefits vary...
A typical day at work would be to meet, greet & welcome the customers. Build relationship's with customers. Make recommendations, Process the item's purchased through our net computer system. Congratulate & Thank the customer for their purchase. I've Learned my skill could be used for further goals.
My Co-workers are Amazing!
There really is no hard – more... part of the job, you just have to be self pasting and multi task very quickly, I enjoy it very much.
My most enjoyable part of my job would be building relationships with the customers, to where they come back looking for me. And also, being able to tell, that i did my deed, and
knowing they were 110% satisfied with the help that i offered them, & to also make the experience fun and exciting. – less
Excellent employer
Apprentice Optician (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 2, 2013
Pros: positive work environment, great staff, excellent manager
I worked for this company for four years and absolutely loved it. My coworkers became close friends and like family. The manager worked with school and schedule conflicts. It is a very positive work environment even on busy days. I learned a lot about prescriptions, lens options, and frame fit.
It's Retail
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: very profesional
Cons: cut hours any time
it can go either way
learned to be open and aggressive
management was very flexible and good
hardest part was the rush on the weekends
best part meeting people

About LensCrafters

LensCrafters brings eyewear and malls together. Part of the growing retail arm ( Luxottica Retail) of Italy's Luxottica Group, – Read more