LensCrafters

LensCrafters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work place
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Champaign, ILMarch 25, 2014
This was a very organized and goal oriented work area. I was able to move up in this company while still grasping new tasks and procedures.
Professional work environmen
Eye Advisor (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 15, 2014
Pros: lunch was not taken out
Cons: consistantly had new management
A typical day at work consist of applying excellent customer service. I have learned how to verbally communicate with others in a professional manner. The management was constantly going through new management. Co-workers were not always pleasant. The hardest part of the job was adapting to the new management. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... learning how to apply excellent customer service. – less
A wonerful and rewarding medical field
RETAIL SUPERVISOR/LAB TECHNICIAN/OD RECEPTION (Current Employee), Avon, CTMarch 12, 2014
• Reviews prescriptions and identifies special and complex needs, assist other retail associates with difficult customer needs.
• Dispensing: fit eyeglasses and contact lenses, following prescriptions written by ophthalmologists or optometrists
• Exceptional patient care
• Determine the cause for store specific problems and help find solutions
• Evaluating, – more... hiring, and coaching
• Administering company policies to individual stores
• New Location Start-Up Management
• Budgeting/Record Keeping
• Merchandising and display – less
I was a forkliftdriver
Lead Lab Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2014
My job was in shipping and receiving. I also pulled orders that were to be shipped.
high volume of sales
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: not enough hours
Cons: close home
i was working 5 days 30 hours the most. and for ask for vacation time was hard for take a time off.
HARD WORK
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 5, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK WITH GOOD PAY AND BONUS
PEOPLE ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND EASY TO GET ALONG WITH.
VERY WELL MANAGE AND WILL WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE
Location Dependant
optician (Former Employee), NYMarch 4, 2014
LensCrafters was very flexible with the hours I had available as long as I was flexible with locations.

One location the associates did everything from the heart. Always thinking what is best for the patient. (They would not refer to people as customers at this one location) It was a competitive environment, but professional.

Another location the – more... almost all the associates were lazy and did not care. If they were not getting spiffs they could care less.

No matter the location the regional managers made things way way to stressful. The regional managers did not let a store that had seasoned associates who preformed well, do what the associates did best. They micro managed and created a lot of extra work taking away from the patient experience.

The micro management came from the top. Went threw many regional managers and they were all the same.

One regional manager would call at 11:30pm on a Sunday night at a manager's home who had the day off. The regional demanded to know what the action plan was for the following day.

Unless they overhaul the upper/middle managers, I would not aspire to move up into management. – less
Productive and fun
Lab Technician (Current Employee), CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: compensation, discounts, coworkers
Cons: management
Working as a Lab Tech allows you to gain some very important skills, such as organizational skills, the ability to multitask efficiently, and communication skills. Compensation is great compared to many other retail positions. You have the ability to move up quickly, if you put in hard work. Management may not be the best, but they definitely try to – more... be. Overall, great place to work for a part-student. – less
Cool place to work!
Lab Optician/Retail Eye Wear Specialist (Former Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free glasses every year
Cons: driving to work was far!
When I am schedule to work, I am happy to put on my lab coat and clock in and be ready for whatever challenges comes my way. On a typical day I would work in the lab, generating and inspecting lenses for flaws before shipping it out to retail, so they can dispense the glasses to their customers. There are times that I may have to work in retail (because – more... I had an opportunity given by management to be cross trained) when it gets busy or retail were short on associates.In retail, I would approach potential customers that are looking to get glasses, and show them all of selections of frames we have in the retail floor. Then I would give them advice on frame selection base on their lifestyle, once a frame has been selected, I would bring the customer to a station where they will be shown different types of lenses, once that has been done, then I would input their personal information and prescription into a profile. Ask for insurance if they had any, if not, I would proceed with the in-store promotion. Finally I take measurements and input numbers for the lab to generate their lenses and take payments.
I have learned so many sales strategies in retail and learned many lab protocols when making lenses. The management was excellent, friendly, professional, gave me opportunity when I ask for them. They acknowledge my presence when I clock in. The hardest part of the job were different challenges everyday, but I do not mind that. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I get to meet new people when I work in retail everyday and working along side with my wonderful co-workers. – less
Fun incentive program
Apprentice Optician (Former Employee), ‘Aiea, HIFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good incentive program
Cons: not to much room for growth if wanting to stay in hawaii.
Answer the phone, greeted customers when they walked into the store, typed customer's information into the computer, fitted and adjusted customers for frames, bifocals, trifocals, progressives, and single vision lenses, cleaned and repaired customers frames and glasses, checked and dispensed glasses, trouble shoot customers with their glasses, operated – more... cash register, filed insurance claim forms for customers and maintained store appearance.
I learned about how the eye works and how to great customer service. Co-workers were great to work with and very helpful. Working there was fun and easy. – less
The employees are like family
Licensed Optician (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility, opportunity to move into management, positive environment
Cons: short breaks, training, # of hours limited
TV in the break room, management gives wonderful negative feedback and positive feedback, but not enough sales training. The training you get in sales comes from being on the sales floor.
Great People
Optician (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 22, 2014
I loved to learn everything that I was doing. People we good at teaching you everything. But things would change so fast and no one would tell you till it was to late and you made a mistake.
Eye care
Eyecare Advisor (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Eyecare place. great opportunity to work and different environment.
Lead lab technician
Lead Lab Tech. (Current Employee), lubbock, txJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: not enough hours allocated
Insured all eyeglasses have correct prescription, F.I.C. Certified. I earned a Hard Worker Award in the Lab for speed and accurate with minimum to no errors on quality eyewear and machine maintenance.
We pushed to make weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals. My usual weekly sales were $3K and up being in Lab and on Retail floor and $25k+ as a team – more... each week.
In charge of ordering central purchasing for lab/retail and making sure not to exceed monthly limit. Open/close store and make deposit at the end of each night with change slip for the following day – less
great incentives
General Manager (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAJanuary 10, 2014
Uncovered customers needs and helped them look and see their best. On the job, hands on training helped support individual and team development. Great place to start a career. Developed daily and weekly action plans to drive business. Learned how glasses are made and how they are supposed to work for individual needs and how to read prescriptions. Developed – more... a team and ran 3 different businesses at once, Optical, Retail, and Manufacturing. – less
Is not a bad job.
Eye Care Advisor (Former Employee), Vernon Hills ILJanuary 6, 2014
Cons: bad management no benefits.
My mainly job was to set up reservations. I learned how to set up tables depending of how many people were in the party. Management is bad is a self own place. Is hard to deal with a self owner who doesn't respect their employees. It was fun to see all different races come to one place.
Technical services for vision impaired
Frame Stylist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 20, 2013
Pros: 50% off glasses!
Cons: retail hours left little time for family.
My bosses and co-workers were a major bonus in this job. The training programs were always ongoing and advancement was easily achievable.
Customers ran the gamut of the human spectrum!
Micro managed
General Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 16, 2013
LC has a hard time trying to figure out if it wants to be retail or an optical practice
Ok Comapny
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDDecember 10, 2013
Its a retail job, so its has weird hours. Manages are not as friendly.
Aid customers with frame and lenses selections, size, place oders, repair frams, recieve payment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sumpter, SCDecember 7, 2013
Pros: rewards for meeting quotas
Cons: the enterance to the lab would get congested.
A fast-paste, customer oriented position. Helped customers select frames and lenses, measured, placed orders, received payments, repaired frames,and when eye wear were ready adjusted to the customers.. Also helped in the lab, stocked, cleaned, reorganized when needed.

About LensCrafters

LensCrafters brings eyewear and malls together. Part of the growing retail arm ( Luxottica Retail) of Italy's Luxottica Group, – Read more