LensCrafters

LensCrafters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee), Florence scMay 29, 2014
It was a nice beginning job to meet the needs of the public. I met with the public daily and assisted them in their needs for clothing and answered any questions presented!
A decent job but not much for a career
Lead Tech (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILMay 28, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: long hours, company is short staffed
A typical day at work consisted of running one hour jobs for customers who need their glasses right away. Checking all special order glasses as they come in and making sure that all machines were operating correctly and that all sales were final and customers were satisfied all around.
Rewarding job
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Brookline, MAMay 24, 2014
This is one of the few jobs where I felt I was selling a product that positively impacted people's lives. Nothing is more satisfying than helping someone see clearly for the first time (especially children).

The downside is that the job is very complex, while the pay is not very good.
Day at Work
Sales associate/ 0ptician tech (Former Employee), Milwaukee,Flordia,ChicagoMay 16, 2014
Pros: incentives
I would come in enter in my work Id number in the computer then I would make sure I have all the charts for the daily appointments. Then I would proceed to the testing rooms and make sure the testing equipment is turned on and the room is patient ready. Then look at the sales floor we as a team would make sure all the inventory is fill and current banners – more... are out. After that we would go over daily goals as a whole and as a individual. Also I would make sure everyone knew what the sales where and what as a team we want to accomplish. The Hardest part of the job was sometimes it was so busy you couldn't get to know patients as well. However because it was so busy most of the time the day would fly by and I felt like I learned a new skill everyday and the job. – less
over all not bad
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMay 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, vacations
Cons: expected way too much out of their employees with low pay
I really enjoyed working for this company at first. They had excellent benefits as well as time off. The problem I had was when I met the district manager who told me I made too much money. I felt that after that I was targeted by being moved over an hour away from my house making the commute unbearable. I soon quit to work at another optical place – more... closer with better hours for my needs. – less
It's ok
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMay 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: hard to be full-time
I liked working there. the company worked with me, and taught me on the job and was really supportive and caring. I miss my old co- workers.
Review Summary
Optician (Former Employee), Richmond, CAApril 24, 2014
Pros: pros
Cons: cons
Learned how to be an Optician at Lenscrafters. As well as customer service skills.
Good work environment, all training given in the store, very friendly people to work with
Assistant Lab Manager (Former Employee), Glen BurnieApril 16, 2014
Learned all aspects of the optical field. From what the Rx's represented to manufacturing the eyeware
Sale Supervisor
Sales Supervisor/Office Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAApril 16, 2014
Manager of all sales and top sale person, providing excellent customer service skills!
Will teach you everything you need in the field
Licensed Optician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: convinent work schedule
Cons: horriable hours
A great place to learn many levels of the optical industry from doctor office, lab to retail management. High turnover do to it being in a mall and attracting students or part time workers.
Productive, great work enviorment
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee), Sumter, SCApril 6, 2014
Working at LensCrafters was a joy when i was dealing with the customers. With the staff i had encountered a few issues, such as not working well as a team.
Great work place
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Champaign, ILMarch 25, 2014
This was a very organized and goal oriented work area. I was able to move up in this company while still grasping new tasks and procedures.
Professional work environmen
Eye Advisor (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 15, 2014
Pros: lunch was not taken out
Cons: consistantly had new management
A typical day at work consist of applying excellent customer service. I have learned how to verbally communicate with others in a professional manner. The management was constantly going through new management. Co-workers were not always pleasant. The hardest part of the job was adapting to the new management. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... learning how to apply excellent customer service. – less
A wonerful and rewarding medical field
RETAIL SUPERVISOR/LAB TECHNICIAN/OD RECEPTION (Current Employee), Avon, CTMarch 12, 2014
• Reviews prescriptions and identifies special and complex needs, assist other retail associates with difficult customer needs.
• Dispensing: fit eyeglasses and contact lenses, following prescriptions written by ophthalmologists or optometrists
• Exceptional patient care
• Determine the cause for store specific problems and help find solutions
• Evaluating, – more... hiring, and coaching
• Administering company policies to individual stores
• New Location Start-Up Management
• Budgeting/Record Keeping
• Merchandising and display – less
I was a forkliftdriver
Lead Lab Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2014
My job was in shipping and receiving. I also pulled orders that were to be shipped.
high volume of sales
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: not enough hours
Cons: close home
i was working 5 days 30 hours the most. and for ask for vacation time was hard for take a time off.
HARD WORK
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 5, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK WITH GOOD PAY AND BONUS
PEOPLE ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND EASY TO GET ALONG WITH.
VERY WELL MANAGE AND WILL WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE
Location Dependant
optician (Former Employee), NYMarch 4, 2014
LensCrafters was very flexible with the hours I had available as long as I was flexible with locations.

One location the associates did everything from the heart. Always thinking what is best for the patient. (They would not refer to people as customers at this one location) It was a competitive environment, but professional.

Another location the – more... almost all the associates were lazy and did not care. If they were not getting spiffs they could care less.

No matter the location the regional managers made things way way to stressful. The regional managers did not let a store that had seasoned associates who preformed well, do what the associates did best. They micro managed and created a lot of extra work taking away from the patient experience.

The micro management came from the top. Went threw many regional managers and they were all the same.

One regional manager would call at 11:30pm on a Sunday night at a manager's home who had the day off. The regional demanded to know what the action plan was for the following day.

Unless they overhaul the upper/middle managers, I would not aspire to move up into management. – less
Productive and fun
Lab Technician (Current Employee), CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: compensation, discounts, coworkers
Cons: management
Working as a Lab Tech allows you to gain some very important skills, such as organizational skills, the ability to multitask efficiently, and communication skills. Compensation is great compared to many other retail positions. You have the ability to move up quickly, if you put in hard work. Management may not be the best, but they definitely try to – more... be. Overall, great place to work for a part-student. – less
Cool place to work!
Lab Optician/Retail Eye Wear Specialist (Former Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free glasses every year
Cons: driving to work was far!
When I am schedule to work, I am happy to put on my lab coat and clock in and be ready for whatever challenges comes my way. On a typical day I would work in the lab, generating and inspecting lenses for flaws before shipping it out to retail, so they can dispense the glasses to their customers. There are times that I may have to work in retail (because – more... I had an opportunity given by management to be cross trained) when it gets busy or retail were short on associates.In retail, I would approach potential customers that are looking to get glasses, and show them all of selections of frames we have in the retail floor. Then I would give them advice on frame selection base on their lifestyle, once a frame has been selected, I would bring the customer to a station where they will be shown different types of lenses, once that has been done, then I would input their personal information and prescription into a profile. Ask for insurance if they had any, if not, I would proceed with the in-store promotion. Finally I take measurements and input numbers for the lab to generate their lenses and take payments.
I have learned so many sales strategies in retail and learned many lab protocols when making lenses. The management was excellent, friendly, professional, gave me opportunity when I ask for them. They acknowledge my presence when I clock in. The hardest part of the job were different challenges everyday, but I do not mind that. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I get to meet new people when I work in retail everyday and working along side with my wonderful co-workers. – less

About LensCrafters

LensCrafters brings eyewear and malls together. Part of the growing retail arm ( Luxottica Retail) of Italy's Luxottica Group, – Read more