LensCrafters

LensCrafters Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace to work hassle free customer service and retail work
Student Optician (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free pizza hut lunches, and greek donuts from ns
Cons: no contact lens dispensary available in the retail store. controlled by the optometrists.
I've been working at this workplace for four years and I love the people I work with. My typical day at work starts with a huddle with the manager or assistant manager. We review our work day, our goals, and our sales targets for each associate. My co-workers are all very friendly, but of course there is some friction where we fight for the commission. The hardest part of the job is handling sales objections from the customers and closing the sales where our prices cannot be beat anywhere else in North America. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers walk into the store and talking to them about their eyewear and eye concerns. I am an aspiring optician of 2014. I wanna win the opticianry award of the year. Thank you everyone for supporting me and letting me be who I am now. Thanks PK, ND, AB, SA, GF, NS, SS, GC, AMP, and SH for everything.
Serious but fun workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2014
-There was lots of on your feet work in the lab and the work was tedious but rewarding because of the lens grinding. There was lots of communication between the opticians and the lab personnel to make the lenses correctly for customers.

-I learned that work is not always serious, but fun. Working in a lab is strict because of the procedures and checklists and maintenance but it can be highly rewarding, following directions and making lenses.

-Management was of a high-caliber and quite flexible because of customer inquiries and requests for eye-wear.

-Co-workers were helpful and always willing to make you feel part of a team.

-The hardest part of the job was not forgetting the repetitive lab tasks necessary to keep the lab running at a high level of efficiency.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers see again when they got their new eye-glasses and eye-wear.
Certified Technician
Certified Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2014
Working as laboratory technician. Key responsibilities are inventory management, manufacturing of lens, manufacturing quality inspects, quality inspection of final product, periodical maintenance of lab and machines. Customer management and after-sale service of product
Lenscrafters
Sales Consultant & Receptionist (Current Employee), OakridgeApril 5, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: low on hours
A typical day at work includes trying to make sales to reach our individual target goals. We do so by approaching customers, making them feel comfortable, selecting appropriate eyeglasses and sunglasses for them, and trying to close the sale. The management team is very close to all my co-workers, it feels as if we all work together rather than for them. The hardest part of the job is trying to make our goals on slow days when not very many customers are coming into the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am helping customers see better!
People are friendly and eager to help you.
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: you get your breaks as you are supposed to.
Cons: not as many hours as i would like.
I like the people ,I'm being trained very efficiently and i enjoy the atmosphere.
It was fun learning to read prescription from paper and applying to lens being made for customers
Certified Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa OntarioApril 16, 2013
Pros: 50% off glasses for family/friends and free glasses once a year
Cons: the time frame was not always doable for a number of reasons
grinding lens to the prescription and fitting the lens into the frame the customer has chosen
Informative place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2012
I learnt many things here, not just about glasses but about the working world as well.
Very good environment to work at!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 20, 2012
Lenscrafters- home of accufit technology is a very good company to buy glasses for casual wear, work and sun wear too. I love working there!
Fun
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, AbApril 16, 2012
• Responsible for running payroll every week, accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Prepared weekly sales reports to present to the manager
• Improved productivity by monitoring sales of associates
• Provide accurate, quality and caring service in an efficient manner to existing and new customers
• Utilize effective listening and communication skills to identify problems, needs, or opportunities
• Actively sell LensCrafters products and services to current and potential customers
Easy and fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: commission kickers
Cons: pay is not that great
A typical day at work would involve customer service, computer tasks, sales, insurance benefits searching and filing, shipping management, and customer follow-up. Co-workers are friendly and fun to be around. Management is supportive and encourage associates to succeed. The hardest part of the job would be pleasing every customer. The most enjoyable part of this job is how well everyone works together and collaborates to help everyone succeed.
bad place to work
Laboratory Manager. Immediate Supervisor Bill Hall (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 7, 2015
this place sucks i never want anything to do with luxottica again over worked under paid no development of there management
Creating a mind blowing experience for customers/patients
Optician / Office Manager (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: base pay and bonus
Many roles were held at this location. I worked with the Dr and followed the patient from the Dr exam, obtained a Prescription and assisted with frame selection, lens choice and assist patient in selecting what best fits their everyday lifestyle. The hardest part of this job was meeting sales goal.
Fun workplace working with an enjoyable atmosphere, stress involved
Apprentice Optician (Current Employee), Reynoldburg, OhioDecember 29, 2014
A typical day at work would include making eyeglasses or contacts for about 20 customers a day.
What I learned is how to have fun and be productive while being in a stress filled enviroment.
Hardest part of the job was getting all the eyeglasses/contacts out in no more than one hour.
Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know your regular customers and make a connaction.
A Learning Experience
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, eye exams for free
Cons: delayed bonuses/raise, vacation/sick days denied.
To begin, LensCrafters has always been a welcoming, close-knit family. I have learned from each and every person there. My colleagues introduced me to an electronic medical records system and taught me its ins and outs. They also taught me how to place contact lens orders and how to train patients on insertion and removal of contact lenses. The doctor taught me how to use the proper medical devices to preexamine the patients.The sales team taught me how to make a proper patient transition from the doctors office to the sales floor.
Simply not for me.
Apprentice Optician (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 19, 2014
Lenscrafters just wasn't for me. I would prefer a job that provides employees with a reasonable amount of hours. Management did not usually take ownership for some of the problems that may occurred in the store that I worked. I don't think it's acceptable to have customers waiting over a month to receive glasses they already paid for.
poor managment
Lead Eye Care Advisor (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 12, 2014
good stepping stone , very poor HR department and management good experience but would never go back
Fast paced and fun with no room for advancement and poor management
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJDecember 4, 2014
Pros: fast paced, fun, got to help people by making glasses.
Cons: terrible company to work for, horrible management.
I loved my job but the company itself is horrible. The corporation only cares about making a couple of extra bucks every month at the cost of it's employees. From cutting the labs hours in half to preventing anyone from being promoted, the company even goes as far as to never legitimately fire any of its employees in an effort to prevent them from collecting unemployment.
A productive enviornment
Licensed Optician (Former Employee), Eatontown, N.J. and Olympia, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: we had a great staff of employees
Cons: company cut backs.
I normally either opened or closed the lab. On occasion I did both depending on scheduling. The lab was a factory enviornment, many opening proceedures prior to the start of the day, it normally took an hour to open. Job duties in opening were cleaning laps, preparing the blocker, lens hardener, inspection of slurry and cooling systems. Changing any chemicals. Closing the lab involved cleaning machinery, disposing of recepticles and cleaning lens coaters. I assisted lab employees with less optical experience. I was a co-manager in the lab. The most enjoyable part of the job was a good group of co-workers we had and the ability to manufacture and dispense eye-wear to satisfied customers.
high volume of jobs, very busy. Multi-tasking plays a key role in completing work.
certified lab tech (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: develop skills as a lab tech
Cons: short staffed, low compensation
Great work place to gain skills and experience. At times the lab was under-staffed but that's when i had time to gain more skills and develop leader ship in making sure that lenses where being processed in regards to surface and finished sides of the lab.
Enjoyed the science behind the work, but unable to grant full time status
Lead Lab Technician (Current Employee), Boise, IDNovember 30, 2014
At LensCrafters, I manufactured prescription eyewear under the "glasses in about an hour" mantra. Other duties included maintenance of the machines and training. I have taken away two key attributes from working at LensCrafters: the ability to multitask, and the ability to lead. The ability to multitask came from having to make sure all our prescription glasses that we manufacture are finished within an hour of the sale time, which, when you have multiple jobs, can be tricky unless you know how to manage your time appropriately and communicate with the other associates. The ability to lead came with my role as the Lead Lab Technician. Others look to me, as well as the lab manager, to run the lab, work directly with customers on optical issues, maintain machines, and keep the lab looking good and running smoothly. Although, I have had the ability and opportunity to lead through school, such as leading class discussions, this was my opportunity to prove that I can lead and manage a group of associates, rather than classmates. I am put in the managerial position when the lab manager is gone. Tasks include the lab paperwork and contacting outside labs to make sure jobs are on time.

1 2 3 4 5

About LensCrafters

LensCrafters brings eyewear and malls together. Part of the growing retail arm ( Luxottica Retail) of Italy's Luxottica Group, – Read more