LensCrafters

LensCrafters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lenscrafters
Sales Consultant & Receptionist (Current Employee), OakridgeApril 5, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: low on hours
A typical day at work includes trying to make sales to reach our individual target goals. We do so by approaching customers, making them feel comfortable, selecting appropriate eyeglasses and sunglasses for them, and trying to close the sale. The management team is very close to all my co-workers, it feels as if we all work together rather than for – more... them. The hardest part of the job is trying to make our goals on slow days when not very many customers are coming into the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am helping customers see better! – less
People are friendly and eager to help you.
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: you get your breaks as you are supposed to.
Cons: not as many hours as i would like.
I like the people ,I'm being trained very efficiently and i enjoy the atmosphere.
Optician (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 17, 2013
I learned to work in a professional environment where to follow the procedures and do my job which is to help people to meet their needs.
Top managements are very friendly and helpful but store managers depends on your luck who work with because there are some managers make the environment like a hell for employee to look good for company.
This is the – more... worst part of the experience you may get. – less
It was fun learning to read prescription from paper and applying to lens being made for customers
Certified Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa OntarioApril 16, 2013
Pros: 50% off glasses for family/friends and free glasses once a year
Cons: the time frame was not always doable for a number of reasons
grinding lens to the prescription and fitting the lens into the frame the customer has chosen
Informative place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2012
I learnt many things here, not just about glasses but about the working world as well.
Very good environment to work at!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 20, 2012
Lenscrafters- home of accufit technology is a very good company to buy glasses for casual wear, work and sun wear too. I love working there!
Fun
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, AbApril 16, 2012
• Responsible for running payroll every week, accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Prepared weekly sales reports to present to the manager
• Improved productivity by monitoring sales of associates
• Provide accurate, quality and caring service in an efficient manner to existing and new customers
• Utilize effective listening and communication – more... skills to identify problems, needs, or opportunities
• Actively sell LensCrafters products and services to current and potential customers – less
Will teach you everything you need in the field
Licensed Optician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: convinent work schedule
Cons: horriable hours
A great place to learn many levels of the optical industry from doctor office, lab to retail management. High turnover do to it being in a mall and attracting students or part time workers.
Productive, great work enviorment
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee), Sumter, SCApril 6, 2014
Working at LensCrafters was a joy when i was dealing with the customers. With the staff i had encountered a few issues, such as not working well as a team.
Great work place
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Champaign, ILMarch 25, 2014
This was a very organized and goal oriented work area. I was able to move up in this company while still grasping new tasks and procedures.
Professional work environmen
Eye Advisor (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 15, 2014
Pros: lunch was not taken out
Cons: consistantly had new management
A typical day at work consist of applying excellent customer service. I have learned how to verbally communicate with others in a professional manner. The management was constantly going through new management. Co-workers were not always pleasant. The hardest part of the job was adapting to the new management. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... learning how to apply excellent customer service. – less
A wonerful and rewarding medical field
RETAIL SUPERVISOR/LAB TECHNICIAN/OD RECEPTION (Current Employee), Avon, CTMarch 12, 2014
• Reviews prescriptions and identifies special and complex needs, assist other retail associates with difficult customer needs.
• Dispensing: fit eyeglasses and contact lenses, following prescriptions written by ophthalmologists or optometrists
• Exceptional patient care
• Determine the cause for store specific problems and help find solutions
• Evaluating, – more... hiring, and coaching
• Administering company policies to individual stores
• New Location Start-Up Management
• Budgeting/Record Keeping
• Merchandising and display – less
I was a forkliftdriver
Lead Lab Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2014
My job was in shipping and receiving. I also pulled orders that were to be shipped.
high volume of sales
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: not enough hours
Cons: close home
i was working 5 days 30 hours the most. and for ask for vacation time was hard for take a time off.
HARD WORK
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 5, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK WITH GOOD PAY AND BONUS
PEOPLE ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND EASY TO GET ALONG WITH.
VERY WELL MANAGE AND WILL WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE
Location Dependant
optician (Former Employee), NYMarch 4, 2014
LensCrafters was very flexible with the hours I had available as long as I was flexible with locations.

One location the associates did everything from the heart. Always thinking what is best for the patient. (They would not refer to people as customers at this one location) It was a competitive environment, but professional.

Another location the – more... almost all the associates were lazy and did not care. If they were not getting spiffs they could care less.

No matter the location the regional managers made things way way to stressful. The regional managers did not let a store that had seasoned associates who preformed well, do what the associates did best. They micro managed and created a lot of extra work taking away from the patient experience.

The micro management came from the top. Went threw many regional managers and they were all the same.

One regional manager would call at 11:30pm on a Sunday night at a manager's home who had the day off. The regional demanded to know what the action plan was for the following day.

Unless they overhaul the upper/middle managers, I would not aspire to move up into management. – less
Productive and fun
Lab Technician (Current Employee), CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: compensation, discounts, coworkers
Cons: management
Working as a Lab Tech allows you to gain some very important skills, such as organizational skills, the ability to multitask efficiently, and communication skills. Compensation is great compared to many other retail positions. You have the ability to move up quickly, if you put in hard work. Management may not be the best, but they definitely try to – more... be. Overall, great place to work for a part-student. – less
Cool place to work!
Lab Optician/Retail Eye Wear Specialist (Former Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free glasses every year
Cons: driving to work was far!
When I am schedule to work, I am happy to put on my lab coat and clock in and be ready for whatever challenges comes my way. On a typical day I would work in the lab, generating and inspecting lenses for flaws before shipping it out to retail, so they can dispense the glasses to their customers. There are times that I may have to work in retail (because – more... I had an opportunity given by management to be cross trained) when it gets busy or retail were short on associates.In retail, I would approach potential customers that are looking to get glasses, and show them all of selections of frames we have in the retail floor. Then I would give them advice on frame selection base on their lifestyle, once a frame has been selected, I would bring the customer to a station where they will be shown different types of lenses, once that has been done, then I would input their personal information and prescription into a profile. Ask for insurance if they had any, if not, I would proceed with the in-store promotion. Finally I take measurements and input numbers for the lab to generate their lenses and take payments.
I have learned so many sales strategies in retail and learned many lab protocols when making lenses. The management was excellent, friendly, professional, gave me opportunity when I ask for them. They acknowledge my presence when I clock in. The hardest part of the job were different challenges everyday, but I do not mind that. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I get to meet new people when I work in retail everyday and working along side with my wonderful co-workers. – less
Fun incentive program
Apprentice Optician (Former Employee), ‘Aiea, HIFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good incentive program
Cons: not to much room for growth if wanting to stay in hawaii.
Answer the phone, greeted customers when they walked into the store, typed customer's information into the computer, fitted and adjusted customers for frames, bifocals, trifocals, progressives, and single vision lenses, cleaned and repaired customers frames and glasses, checked and dispensed glasses, trouble shoot customers with their glasses, operated – more... cash register, filed insurance claim forms for customers and maintained store appearance.
I learned about how the eye works and how to great customer service. Co-workers were great to work with and very helpful. Working there was fun and easy. – less
LARGE OPTICAL COMPANY I ENJOYED
General Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: accepts lots of insurances, good product
Cons: mall hours
The general manager oversees and is in charge of all aspects of this 3 million dollar store. Both the retail side and its staffing, scheduling, P & L’s, customer issues and complaints due to improper made glasses and inventory, and then the optical lab and its breakage, remakes, one hour promise score and special orders.
• Manage a staff of 25
• In – more... charge of recruiting and hiring for two stores in my region
• Lead manager on the weekly regional conference call
• Apprentice in the state of Virginia for my optical license
• Final inspecting jobs before they are dispensed.
• Approving multifocal measurements for new orders
• Manage our labs one hour promise jobs
• Send out and approve all special orders – less

1 2 3 4 5

About LensCrafters

LensCrafters brings eyewear and malls together. Part of the growing retail arm ( Luxottica Retail) of Italy's Luxottica Group, – Read more