LensCrafters Employee Reviews in Canada

Great friendly environment but not employee oriented
Part-time Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Throughout working here I have been very happy working with my team. Through several changes in management it has brought a lot of stress to the employees. LensCrafters was very good to their people at the time I started. The longer I stayed the more they cut down on their people and hours. Other than management I was very happy there. Many things were very clear, well prepared, organized, and has a high selection of products.
Pros
They cover your License fee
Cons
Evolving to more work same pay attitude
Engaging and productive workplace environment
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 24, 2016
A workplace environment that is motivating and adheres to achieving team and personal goal in relation to sales and customer service. A wonderful manager, and room to cultivate persuasion and interpersonal skills in a sales setting.
Great mechanics.. but terrible Management! Sorry!
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
Lenscrafters has the potential to be such a great company but the management issues cripple it to the core. They dont treat their employees well. They give 5 hours per week and higher over 20 people for one store to keep those hours low so they don't pay out benefits. If you ask for a full-time or part-time job they will deny you and say that they don't have hours.. a complete lie. They squeeze the dollar at the hurt of their employees. Thats why all the Toronto stores are now unionized.
Pros
Has potential to be great
Cons
Everything is wrong with this company
Marketing Assistant
Sales Representative / Training Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto OnSeptember 14, 2015
-assist with marketing campaigns for brokers
-exposure to portfolio management
-investment banking
-great team work environment
Pros
Great Co-op opportunity
Cons
length of time
Co-workers
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 18, 2015
Really fun environment to work in, very understanding & helping. Flexible at understanding student hours & giving hours accordingly.
Fun and Enjoyable
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2015
Enjoyable job where I can spend time and get to know costumers. friendly people and respectful job. also works with other retail associates in developing their knowledge and skill regarding product and store processes.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
short hours
Review
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AbJune 27, 2015
Very Friendly
Understands the learning process may take time
Management very organized
Enjoyed keeping busy. Always something to do but not necessarily overwhelming amount of work
Pros
Few coworkers, so not very cramped
Cons
no hours
Busy retail environment with chances to advance
Sales Supervisor/Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Pickering Town CenterMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work would would entail interacting with customers coming to the store and helping them find the proper eyewear according to their prescription.

Learned many management skills like scheduling, reviews of associates and training.

I worked several locations, some busier than others but generally co-workers and colleagues were all very gracious and friendly.

A busy retail environment would require long hours.
Pros
chances to advance in the company
Cons
management positions may require travel to different locations.
staff were great to work with
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMay 22, 2015
very little work life balance

very sales orientation company

love making people be able to see and take care their eyes

my staff were an amazing team
Reliable, Team Based, and Forward
Lab Technician/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONOctober 6, 2014
Typical Day at Work: Productive, Safe, and very Forward

What You Learned: Food Safety, Team Building, Staff Management, Supervising

Management: Management is fair, formal, and very forward

Coworkers: Coworkers are very good at working as a team, yet sometimes not always go great about being subordinate to management

Hardest Part of Job: Scheduling was very irregular and not reliable

Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Learning to work as a part of the management team
sales rep. optician
Optical Technician/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 13, 2015
repair glasses. Making new lense for new frames for customers. Helping sales floor when store became too busy. General stoer maintenance
amazing atmosphere
LAB TECHNICIAN/SALE ASSOCIATE P/T (Former Employee) –  mississaugaFebruary 28, 2015
steady workflow
good people
great management
perfect learning experience to gain both hands on learning and education on product and manufacturing
Lenscrafters
Sales Consultant & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  OakridgeApril 5, 2014
A typical day at work includes trying to make sales to reach our individual target goals. We do so by approaching customers, making them feel comfortable, selecting appropriate eyeglasses and sunglasses for them, and trying to close the sale. The management team is very close to all my co-workers, it feels as if we all work together rather than for them. The hardest part of the job is trying to make our goals on slow days when not very many customers are coming into the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am helping customers see better!
Pros
helping people
Cons
low on hours
Good part-time work
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2015
work hours are not enough. great benefits. great people to work with. the best part is the option to be creative when selling.
benefits
Cons
no guarantee of hours
Fun
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AbApril 16, 2012
• Responsible for running payroll every week, accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Prepared weekly sales reports to present to the manager
• Improved productivity by monitoring sales of associates
• Provide accurate, quality and caring service in an efficient manner to existing and new customers
• Utilize effective listening and communication skills to identify problems, needs, or opportunities
• Actively sell LensCrafters products and services to current and potential customers
Serious but fun workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2014
-There was lots of on your feet work in the lab and the work was tedious but rewarding because of the lens grinding. There was lots of communication between the opticians and the lab personnel to make the lenses correctly for customers.

-I learned that work is not always serious, but fun. Working in a lab is strict because of the procedures and checklists and maintenance but it can be highly rewarding, following directions and making lenses.

-Management was of a high-caliber and quite flexible because of customer inquiries and requests for eye-wear.

-Co-workers were helpful and always willing to make you feel part of a team.

-The hardest part of the job was not forgetting the repetitive lab tasks necessary to keep the lab running at a high level of efficiency.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers see again when they got their new eye-glasses and eye-wear.
Faced paced workplace
Sales Associate & Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Giving high quality of products made work there very enjoyable. As well as helping people see was a huge plus. Work was also indoors.
Certified Technician
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2014
Working as laboratory technician. Key responsibilities are inventory management, manufacturing of lens, manufacturing quality inspects, quality inspection of final product, periodical maintenance of lab and machines. Customer management and after-sale service of product
It was fun learning to read prescription from paper and applying to lens being made for customers
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa OntarioApril 16, 2013
grinding lens to the prescription and fitting the lens into the frame the customer has chosen
Pros
50% off glasses for family/friends and free glasses once a year
Cons
the time frame was not always doable for a number of reasons
Retail sales meets optical
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work for me includes major multi-tasking; I answer phones and book eye exams for our Dr. that is attached, I dispense eyewear, I find the perfect frame for a customer, fit the frame and do any necessary adjustments, I discuss their options for lenses, deal with any direct billing to insurance providers (when applicable), and take their payment. Inventory control is part of my day to day activities (i.e.: doing the paperwork required for transferring product from store to store, receiving product when it comes in, removing damaged product from stock etc.). Counting cash and making up deposits at the end of a night. I help the general manager with scheduling associates and inputting said schedule into E-Schedule. On saturday's at close I run payroll. When the store has promotional changes I flip the store, changing out old signage for new. A big part of my job lies in coaching and developing my team...if they aren't at sales plan, what can I do to help them get there? As manager on duty, I authorize any discounts, returns, and exchanges. This job has really taught me how to prioritize with tasks and get a multitude of things done all at once.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and staff, great discounts on eyewear, good benefits
Cons
Working evenings and weekends, being on my feet for 8 hours a day running around