LensCrafters

LensCrafters Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good part-time work
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no guarantee of hours
work hours are not enough. great benefits. great people to work with. the best part is the option to be creative when selling.
amazing atmosphere
LAB TECHNICIAN/SALE ASSOCIATE P/T (Former Employee), mississaugaFebruary 28, 2015
steady workflow
good people
great management
perfect learning experience to gain both hands on learning and education on product and manufacturing
Faced paced workplace
Sales Associate & Lab Technician (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Giving high quality of products made work there very enjoyable. As well as helping people see was a huge plus. Work was also indoors.
Productive and fun workplace to work hassle free customer service and retail work
Student Optician (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free pizza hut lunches, and greek donuts from ns
Cons: no contact lens dispensary available in the retail store. controlled by the optometrists.
I've been working at this workplace for four years and I love the people I work with. My typical day at work starts with a huddle with the manager or assistant manager. We review our work day, our goals, and our sales targets for each associate. My co-workers are all very friendly, but of course there is some friction where we fight for the commission. The hardest part of the job is handling sales objections from the customers and closing the sales where our prices cannot be beat anywhere else in North America. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers walk into the store and talking to them about their eyewear and eye concerns. I am an aspiring optician of 2014. I wanna win the opticianry award of the year. Thank you everyone for supporting me and letting me be who I am now. Thanks PK, ND, AB, SA, GF, NS, SS, GC, AMP, and SH for everything.
Serious but fun workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2014
-There was lots of on your feet work in the lab and the work was tedious but rewarding because of the lens grinding. There was lots of communication between the opticians and the lab personnel to make the lenses correctly for customers.

-I learned that work is not always serious, but fun. Working in a lab is strict because of the procedures and checklists and maintenance but it can be highly rewarding, following directions and making lenses.

-Management was of a high-caliber and quite flexible because of customer inquiries and requests for eye-wear.

-Co-workers were helpful and always willing to make you feel part of a team.

-The hardest part of the job was not forgetting the repetitive lab tasks necessary to keep the lab running at a high level of efficiency.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers see again when they got their new eye-glasses and eye-wear.
Certified Technician
Certified Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2014
Working as laboratory technician. Key responsibilities are inventory management, manufacturing of lens, manufacturing quality inspects, quality inspection of final product, periodical maintenance of lab and machines. Customer management and after-sale service of product
Lenscrafters
Sales Consultant & Receptionist (Current Employee), OakridgeApril 5, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: low on hours
A typical day at work includes trying to make sales to reach our individual target goals. We do so by approaching customers, making them feel comfortable, selecting appropriate eyeglasses and sunglasses for them, and trying to close the sale. The management team is very close to all my co-workers, it feels as if we all work together rather than for them. The hardest part of the job is trying to make our goals on slow days when not very many customers are coming into the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am helping customers see better!
People are friendly and eager to help you.
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: you get your breaks as you are supposed to.
Cons: not as many hours as i would like.
I like the people ,I'm being trained very efficiently and i enjoy the atmosphere.
It was fun learning to read prescription from paper and applying to lens being made for customers
Certified Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa OntarioApril 16, 2013
Pros: 50% off glasses for family/friends and free glasses once a year
Cons: the time frame was not always doable for a number of reasons
grinding lens to the prescription and fitting the lens into the frame the customer has chosen
Informative place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2012
I learnt many things here, not just about glasses but about the working world as well.
Very good environment to work at!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 20, 2012
Lenscrafters- home of accufit technology is a very good company to buy glasses for casual wear, work and sun wear too. I love working there!
Fun
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, AbApril 16, 2012
• Responsible for running payroll every week, accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Prepared weekly sales reports to present to the manager
• Improved productivity by monitoring sales of associates
• Provide accurate, quality and caring service in an efficient manner to existing and new customers
• Utilize effective listening and communication skills to identify problems, needs, or opportunities
• Actively sell LensCrafters products and services to current and potential customers

About LensCrafters

LensCrafters brings eyewear and malls together. Part of the growing retail arm ( Luxottica Retail) of Italy's Luxottica Group, – Read more