Lens & Shutter is a well known retail electronics operator with stores in Greater Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. This is an opportunity to work with a fresh and dynamic management team at our head office in Vancouver.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- 2+ years of experience as a Controller
- 2+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Undergraduate degree, preferably an advanced degree in Accounting – CGA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong experience with Accpac (now called Sage 300 ERP)
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Detail oriented, adaptable and a quick-learner
If this role interests you and you want to be part of a dynamic environment, please submit your resume in confidence to the email below. Please indicate Lens & Shutter Controller in the subject field.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Wolrige Mahon is one of the largest independent accounting and professional services firms in downtown Vancouver, with over 90...