Lenovo

Met nice people
Channel Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 4, 2015
• Achieved over 108% on a sales quota of $10 Million for fiscal year 2010
• Achieved over 116% on a sales quota of $12.7 Million for fiscal year 2011
• Planned and Spent the Marketing Budget effectively and efficiently to maximize ROI per Account with clear accountability
• Managed and maintained Partner and Reseller relationships.
• Planned and Implemented the Partner and Account activity, based on product/area strategy, product planning and market analysis, to meet growth objectives
• Conducted sales programs with Lenovo marketing team, business partners, and individual customers to achieve revenue, create strategies and market share growth targets
• Maintained, tracked and reported all market related information about Lenovo and Competitors in terms of new products, prices, activities and strategies

Acquisition Enterprise Account Executive
• Achieved over 120% on a sales quota of $8Million for fiscal year 2008
• Achieved over 135% on a sales quota of $10Million for fiscal year 2009
• Exhibited excellent pipeline, forecast, and sales planning to demonstrate control of the business while exceeding sales quota
• Delivered relevant value propositions into the Account to acquire new business for Lenovo including upfront Attach of services, on-going support services, and consulting services
• Conducted sales programs with Lenovo marketing team, business partners, and individual customers to achieve revenue, and market share growth targets
• Maintained expertise on Lenovo products and strategy to earn credibility with the client and Lenovo Account Teams
• Provide
  more... proactive follow-up, product information and engage with people at all management levels of the business (internally and externally) in order to act as a strategic partner.
• Identified and recruit new partners for new business development
• Understand and execute according to client procurement cycles and decision making from start to finish by customizing business solutions to large client
• Exceed new business revenue target for assigned sales territory
Lovely team
Human Resource (HR) Management trainee (Former Employee) –  PondicherryAugust 8, 2014
I am a highly self motivated individual, who has both academic and professional work experience in various Human Resource operations. Be it in MBA in HR or in my MHRM( Master of HR Management) I have always aspired to be a HR professional, that lead me to work as a HR trainee at the computer manufacturer Lenovo Ltd, India, where I was primarily responsible for Provident Fund settlement and Payroll for all Lenovo employees. Since I had my first graduation in computer science and IT, it was much easier for me to understand and in some cases improve the software and technical knowhow regarding payroll and PF deliveries.

As someone who is aspiring to be a HR professional, after moving to Birmingham with my husband(EU citizen), considering the current economic climate, I have taken up a part time job and have started volunteering at Botanical Gardens, Edgbaston, UK. Meanwhile I am looking for courses through which I can horn my skills and knowledge on Government statutory, tax and employment legislations.

Being an efficient team player, I did develop extensive customer service skills during my tenure at Lenovo. Attention to detail, multi-tasking and the stamina for long hours are my advantages. Moreover, I have had experience in engaging university students on industrial visits and was also part of the recruitment team. Considering the above skills, in particular the payroll administration I strongly believe that I am the ideal candidate for the job specified, hence I kindly request you to consider my application and grant me a personal interview with yourself where I can further
  more... express myself.  less
A great job ruined by a bad supervisor.
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitsett, NCJuly 26, 2013
A typical day would start with hooking up several carts of computers. Then going through speaker tests and then having my boss yell at me on the first shift for not asking one person for help( new procedure). I ran my area like a champ for over six months. My co workers were the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job is being expected to work 60 hours a week with only one day off. Driving half an hour one way to the job everyday and spending too much money on gas. I enjoyed my job for a while until the shifts split up and my supervisor thought he knew how to fix all the problems. Most repair problems are caused by software being burned onto the system. I was moved out of test for a guy with no experience and he claimed to be a software expert. I was moved out of test and into hi pot as punishment. I had the biggest week there in terms of numbers but i'm let go a week after my boss got into it with me on a Saturday. Save your time and go work for a company that actually hires it's employees rather than use a temp service for an open end hire. Don't expect things like vacation time. You have to work a full year just to get one days paid vacation.
Pros
45 minute lunch and my co workers.
Cons
working with an unpleasant boss who yells at his workers.
Bringing up of a skillful engineer
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  北京市, C22May 31, 2015
My one of important working in my company was the bringing up of a skillful engineer in wireless technology. And I worked with several country`s engineers who were came from China, Japan, Korea, Philippine, Indonesia, etc. I have a very impressive experience around 3 years ago with a great engineer. He was a software engineer from Philippine, but he wanted to be a hardware engineer in wireless technology. I had worked with him around 3 years in Japan. And it was very hard working for him and me with many of testing and experimentation. But he did it with very passionate power, and we provided very impressive wireless solution for one of innovative Lenovo product at 2013. He got one of precious award from company, it was the 1st time for him to get this kind of honorable award. He said me it was very wonderful experience and got more self-confidence on his own skill. He is working in his current company with a key engineer. It was very precious experience for me as well, I could communication with several engineers from other countries, and know what they wanted to be and know.
Fast paced, high energy, social media savvy
Senior Product Engineer & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 21, 2015
The company motto is "People who do" and there are "do" related slogans printed on the walls all around the workplace. The company started when the interest in PC's was growing in China and they provided a solution for English to Chinese translation. They've remained focused on the individual consumer and to that end, Lenovo has really embraced social media, both as an advertising tool outside the company and a collaboration tool inside the company. They are an AGILE culture - decide and do quickly, learn and improve continuously. Management is relaxed but focused on goals set by senior management. Employees are expected to set clear goals, are encouraged to collaborate on new projects and are given the autonomy to create their own work flows. Lenovo uses Sharepoint for file sharing and work flow management.
Pros
Open office environment conducive to team building and collaboration.
Cons
Rapidly changing work assignments between the US and China. Downsizing activity.
Fast growing company requiring flexibility of employees keeping ideas coming
Product Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beijing, ChinaJune 28, 2012
Check the schedule of the assigned project
Prioritize the received emails
Focus on handling the most important and urgent cases
Organize teleconference or face to face meeting with the project members to catch up with the lastest status and push forward with the progress
Engage an indepth talk with other colleagues who have expertise with my responsibility scope or who can help provide me with different views
I have enhanced my knowledge related to my job responsiblity and ability to gather around sources which help solve issues
The hardest part of the job is to maintain the optimized process, convince every concerned parties to approve and implement it correctly and effectively with regions and function teams
What I enjoy the most is the talk with all kinds of colleagues and the moment problem is solved or every skateholder thumbs up for my team's proposal
Work place was very unprofessional, ACS/Xerox
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 30, 2014
a typical day at work-Answering the phones, as well as live chats and emails during a work shift, some time with over time

what you learned-I have learned how to manage a team as well as how to complete multiple tasks on time or sooner

management- Their management team was not professional, nor was it a team that i would have liked to be apart of any longer

your co-workers-My coworkers were great,i loved coming to work interact with them, and treated some like family, i have also made everlasting bonds with some of them

the hardest part of the job-The hardest part was not knowing what nor who would be on the other end of the phone as they calls came in

the most enjoyable part of the job- Was that when choosen i was able to show my skill set, and all that i am capable of, and that i was also able to help customer with whatevr they needed
Pros
customer service experience, and meeting new people
Cons
short breaks, short lunch, management, training etc.
Used to be a fun place to work
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 28, 2012
When I started nobody knew who Lenovo was and we were the 4th largest PC Manufacturer in the world. Compensation was great and targets were realistic. Now that we have become the number 1 company in the word everything has changed. Compensation quickly changed to be not at market value and targets went from realistic to ridiculous. Only thing going for them is they make solid products. The sales team there went from professionals to contractors fresh out of college and having no clue how to handle LE accounts. Turnover with these kids is very high because they really have no clue who the company is and they are setup to fail very quickly. They do not know how to foster the talent they have in other places to fill key positions. Only thing keeping many folks here is the economy and fearful of the unknown, but once that passes they better get ready for a mass exodus.
Pros
solid products
Cons
poor compensation, no work life balance
Productive to time to establish many processes, people development
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee) –  BratislavaJuly 23, 2013
Obtaining skills:
How to set up LSS deployment, how to choose projects, how to report savings, how to mentor people
How to convince managers about the right projects
Obtaining an attention of people during building company in a new Greenfield
Working in multinational company USA/ China / Europe
How to do an audit in It’s firms
How to ensure a production in term of quality within new PC in HU, CR,
How to issue an OFFSPEC for temporaries parts,
How to solve daily problems in HU’s plant

The Success in Lenovo:
Spreading passion about Continuously improvement among people within EMEA services
Change a mindset of some managers,
Show them standpoint on their problems in their departments, impact of that: they called me on meetings
Pros
sickdays, home office, profesional approach from management to people
Cons
a long working hours per day
Challenging with a broad variety of technical challenges and responsibilities
ThinkPad & IdeaPad Product Expert / Technologist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 14, 2013
Typical Work Day - Setup Conference rooms for inbound customer briefings, update digital signage, Perform Preventative maintenance on AV / IT / Lenovo products / equipment, Tracking over 400 assets being shipped worldwide and for use locally, Dealing with Fedex / UPS / Hotels / Convention centers. Once or twice a month I would work at a convention / conference representing Lenovo Products and Services, Setup and teardown booths / Power / internet etc... Developed an Access Database for tracking all tracked assets under my name, including repairing / sending out any defective products and reporting to the development team any issues with preproduction products.
Pros
good pay, great coworkers, great hours & benefits
Cons
constantly living in fear of losing job, survived 6 layoffs

Want to know more about Lenovo?

Ask a question
released after aquisition
Client Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2015
I think Lenovo has great potential to become the global IT leader. I moved over from IBM after Lenovo purchased the x86 server business. For reasons that were never articulated to me, I was let go at the beginning of the FY 2015. As I accepted the position as a contractor 17 months prior, it was not as unexpected as it could have been.
They seem to be more nimble and responsive to customer desires than IBM was with the same product line. Through attrition and "resource actions", however, they've lost much of the established knowledge base. When they manage to bridge this gap, they can be very competitive in the US.
My first and second level management was excellent, but I felt uninspired by upper levels. The unstated goal seems to be to create a hip, cool company. I will watch Lenovo's progress with interest, the market is their's to win.
Customer Service Specialist for Lenovo
Customer Service Specialist/Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 14, 2014
When a customer would call into the center to check on the status of their orders. Sometimes research was required in order to provide the customer with accurate details. I learned how to use several systems such as Salesforce and SAP. The management was really good about keeping the center informed on updates. My co-workers kept the day interesting and made the day go by faster. One of the hardest part of my job was when a customer's order would somehow get lost in the system we were required to put in a dispute for the order so the customer can be provided with a resolution. The dispute would have to be submitted into a system that would take almost an hour to process. Being able to work flexible hours on the weekends.
Pros
updates on changes/ co-workers
Cons
lack consistency in some areas
Marketing manager
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Beijing, ChinaJune 28, 2013
Responsibilities:
Branding/Corporate communication: Branding strategy and campaign design for customer service products.
SEO marketing: Introduce and promote products by using "Search Engine Optimization".
Customer Relationship Management: Maintain a long and friendly relationship with high-valued customers, create and find out the potential re-selling opportunities.

Achievements:
Branding campaign:
Educate the market to be aware of the "service products" of Lenovo.
Improve the "Customer's Satisfaction & Customer's Cognitive" with 35% from 2010 to 2011.
SEO marketing: Improve the ranking of Lenovo's official website on the 3rd party search webs, and also improve the page views numbers of Lenovo's website.
CRM: Send e-newsletter to valuable customers monthly to keep an active relationship in a low-cost way.
A productive work place with a challenging work pace.
Refurb Producer (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCSeptember 15, 2014
In a typical day I work on a pod with forty eight computers. While on this line I am constantly taking laptops and desktops down, while putting more up. Next I clean the computers that I have taken down and prepare them for packing. While working at Lenovo I learned how to better manage my work time. Management at Lenovo is rather lax in refurb. They areconstantly pushing us to reach our numbers, and work as a group. My co-workers are all hard working individuals who constantly strive to reach the numbers set by Lenovo. The hardest part about my job is the numbers that have to be reached every day.The best part about my job is the challenge of getting those numbers, and working with great co-workers.
Pros
phone plan discouts
Cons
no benefits, employed through ctg, 10 hour shifts, work on holidays
Highly motivated atmosphere with lots of incentives to win win win
Senior Inside Sales Representative, NA eCommerce (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work included the morning huddle discussing any new news or product release or training. Jumping in the queue pumped ready to make some money!
Previously I was never a techie person and really had basic knowledge of computers until I began working at Lenovo. We are provided with continuous product training but a true self starter and computer salesperson keeps themselves up informed about the new technology on the market.
The hardest part of the job would be the things you cannot control such as supply issues, delayed orders and over selling on a product.
Great atmosphere, motivated managers and coaches and onsite gym.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
inconstant or sometimes irregular work schedule
Strong cooperate history and aggressively growing company.
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 15, 2013
Lenovo is a strong player in the industry. The majority of management is from the old IBM days and is what hold them back just enough from being an awesome company to work for. There are quite a few people in the organization who have vision and are truly great to work for/with. Work/life balance is improving, but in project management you expect an unbalance. I have worked for and currently work there as a contractor. I am highly interested in a perm. position but they have had a hiring freeze for close to 12 months now. Overall I would recommend Lenovo for anyone interested in employment.
Pros
cafeteria on site, flextime, coworkers
Cons
chinese driven culture, politics, perm offers not consistant
A great place to work, but frustrating development environment.
Global Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 3, 2014
Flexible hours, I often worked one day each week from home via VPN. Worst version control / CMS I have ever worked with (Autonomy Teamsite). Any change to a web page, however small, took five minutes or so to appear in the development environment. You actually received an email when the page was updated in the dev environment. Everyone made the best of it by adjusting code in Firebug or Chrome until it rendered properly, and then pasted it into the Teamsite page and uploading.
A very nice company environment with many events and team-building activities.
Pros
great people and activities. high coding standards.
Cons
slow development environment (teamsite)
High performance, demanding, and collaborative work environment
Project Manager - High Value Servers (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 16, 2015
Excellent company! EBG is refining its craft and I expect them to become the next world leader in the x86 market space. The work environment is very comfortable but demanding. Teamwork is a must. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning a new way to be very productive and expand my project management skill set. My colleagues are outstanding folks. The toughest part of my job is managing all the details for each project. Making sure we stay on track to make each milestone as well as take advantage of any opportunities should they present themselves.
Pros
Leaning, collaborative enviroment
Challenging but self fulfilling
SALES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUMay 12, 2014
My work is challenging but self fulfilling, it helps me a lot to be mature and to be more understanding towards my customer needs. Teamwork is more fruitful in business than being selfish that's why I maintain a good relationship with my co-workers. The management is good because they provide us good benefits when it comes to health insurance and annual leave. The hardest part of the job was working during gitex promotion 12 hours without off and DSF promotion for one month without off and overtime pay. The most enjoyable part is when we receive our incentive for the target achieved...
Cons
long hours duty with no off and overtime pay
Productive & Always New
1st Line Support Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Swindon, ENGDecember 18, 2015
As a 1st line support agent, my typical day will consist of logging calls and working through existing support tickets. This can be anything from general technical questions to writing out step-by-step guides to configure the BIOS.

A mix of skills are needed to be successful in this role, a certain amount of technical knowledge is vital, and experience of common issues is definitely important.

Personally I would like to broaden my knowledge of commonly used systems, in order to widen my technical support skills, beyond that of my internal and desktop support background.
Pros
Not always on the phones
Cons
6 day weeks - but it pays off!