Lenovo Employee Reviews

Great people, global experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 21, 2016
Entrepreneurial environment, encourages new ideas and innovation. Benefits are pretty mainstream...easier to advance in some departments than others as most of the corporate culture is driven out of China.
Pros
Truly global company open to new ideas
Cons
Upper management, poor workforce planning, lack of defined career paths
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJuly 19, 2016
It's Great place to work
I suggest better compensation and a better turnover rate.
I recommend this job!
Cons Management Structure and Advancement
Pros
Well time spent knowledge gained was priceless
Cons
Management Structure and Advancement
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 11, 2016
Everyday you get to meet different kinds of customers who also react in different ways but our supervisors in lenovo has taught us well on how to deal with customers.The hardest part of the job was taking the customers attention from other products to my lenovo products. As many people liked samsung and Apple more. I could say that the hardest part was also the most enjoyable part of the job, as to know that i was capable to catch customers attention and if not buy my product atleast know about it.
Fun work loving environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of creating new innovative ideas on how to attract customers to our products by giving them the best offers. I learnt the importance of team work and I learnt the most effective communication strategies employed by the company to attract all kinds of customers in the market.
productive workplace
HR Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  北京市July 6, 2016
Lenovo is a productive workplace, and you will be trained before getting start to work. You can learn a lot from the experience.
Lenovos work environment is professional and first class.
Mobile/Desktop Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2016
Employment with Lenovo was challenging and educational which provided growth in several different areas.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Short Breaks
Fast paced, energetic and fun place to work
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 3, 2016
GITEX experience was a fun environment for sales of electronic items with competition at extreme level. It mainly teaches you the time constraints you have to deal with during the working hours with immense pressure and competitive working conditions.
Pros
Amazing Pay
Cons
good working standard in place
Technical Release Management Director (Former Employee) –  BeijingJuly 1, 2016
the hardest part of work is working at night while lenovo is worldwide company
I've learn a lot of communication and management
Co-worker is nice
Do enjoy the cooperation work force
Love working for them.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 25, 2016
they are are good company to work for. I enjoyed myself and the customers. I wish them the best. Lenovo will always stand strong.
Help Desk
Technical Support Agent TIER II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2016
No respect for their employees. They are always releasing something new with no training for their employees. I really wouldn't recommend this job.
Nice place to work overall
Sr Manager - Professional Services PMO (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 3, 2016
Overall nice environment to work.
Very dynamic work
Management is struggling a bit.
By and large co-workers were very good - no major concerns overall.
Pros
lenovo culture is good
Cons
management has its issues
a wonderful work environment
Marketing Manager - Smart Phones (Iraq) (Current Employee) –  ErbilJune 3, 2016
It's a great place to work in with a lot of freedom & support. A great team with a great products to market. A great strategy that is focused into the target.
International exposure, great benefits and pay
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 1, 2016
Long hours but I enjoyed my time there; great people and supportive managers. Difficult to work two schedules if you have a family
Nice Company
Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  BeijingMay 30, 2016
Nice Company, work/Life balance and benefits are complete but the strategies are not that good, especially in Mobile Group.
Working environment
Italy Customer Fulfilment Team Leader - (Current Employee) –  GlasgowMay 26, 2016
Unfortunately after Lenovo purchased system x86 server business from Ibm, their intention was to move the whole business to Eastern Europe with no interests in the local workforce; I was transferred from Ibm to Lenovo at same t&cs. Hence explain the positive rating of the salary benefits.

I cannot really judge Lenovo as an employer as it's only purpose was to transfer the business abroad.

As soon as we moved to Lenovo the company started to make most employees redundant and I was one of the last left at Customer Fulfilment .
Lack of job security
Shipping (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 24, 2016
Good at train at moving people around to learn different things. But sometimes they do have lack of communication. I did enjoy the hours and the money. Learned bout doing shipping out and small pack. Some co-workers where not very friendly .
Cons
No dental issurance
A productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables and basketball courts
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  上海市May 20, 2016
I spent brief moments in my office table making schedules and summarizations before/after work and rest of the time in the working room. The work environment is productive and fun, people could play ping pong or basketball during breaks. I learned to communicate effectively with colleagues and work within a team. My colleagues were friendly and resourceful. My boss was a thoughtful person and he communicated with us frequently to make sure everything was on the right track. The hardest part of the job was acquiring new knowledge and skills. The most enjoyable part was learning from my colleagues and occasionally play ping pong with them during lunch break.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, productive and fun work environment, prepaid lunch card
Cons
Have to wear uniform all day
Started good but went down hill
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 4, 2016
Company is only focused on themselves and will always look out for themselves before their employees. The people at the company (my peers) are also a hit or a miss. Some are really great people but most of them reflect the company mind set of them against the world and will run over you in the process.
Not the best place to advance career
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 22, 2016
I never felt like there was real job security nor that I had an opportunity to go anywhere. After a bunch of coworkers were laid off, I was also laid off.
focused, innovative and hardworking
Director Supply Chain Operations Asia Pacific (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 17, 2016
Fast changing business environment, challenging workplace particularly realising aggressive sales growth targets. Loads of measurement with focus on delivering serviceability targets and cost reductions. Often required innovative and collaborative actions with internal and external business partners.