Lenovo Employee Reviews

Nice place to work overall
Sr Manager - Professional Services PMO (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 3, 2016
Overall nice environment to work.
Very dynamic work
Management is struggling a bit.
By and large co-workers were very good - no major concerns overall.
Pros
lenovo culture is good
Cons
management has its issues
a wonderful work environment
Marketing Manager - Smart Phones (Iraq) (Current Employee) –  ErbilJune 3, 2016
It's a great place to work in with a lot of freedom & support. A great team with a great products to market. A great strategy that is focused into the target.
International exposure, great benefits and pay
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 1, 2016
Long hours but I enjoyed my time there; great people and supportive managers. Difficult to work two schedules if you have a family
Nice Company
Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  BeijingMay 30, 2016
Nice Company, work/Life balance and benefits are complete but the strategies are not that good, especially in Mobile Group.
Working environment
Italy Customer Fulfilment Team Leader - (Current Employee) –  GlasgowMay 26, 2016
Unfortunately after Lenovo purchased system x86 server business from Ibm, their intention was to move the whole business to Eastern Europe with no interests in the local workforce; I was transferred from Ibm to Lenovo at same t&cs. Hence explain the positive rating of the salary benefits.

I cannot really judge Lenovo as an employer as it's only purpose was to transfer the business abroad.

As soon as we moved to Lenovo the company started to make most employees redundant and I was one of the last left at Customer Fulfilment .
Lack of job security
Shipping (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 24, 2016
Good at train at moving people around to learn different things. But sometimes they do have lack of communication. I did enjoy the hours and the money. Learned bout doing shipping out and small pack. Some co-workers where not very friendly .
Cons
No dental issurance
A productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables and basketball courts
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  上海市May 20, 2016
I spent brief moments in my office table making schedules and summarizations before/after work and rest of the time in the working room. The work environment is productive and fun, people could play ping pong or basketball during breaks. I learned to communicate effectively with colleagues and work within a team. My colleagues were friendly and resourceful. My boss was a thoughtful person and he communicated with us frequently to make sure everything was on the right track. The hardest part of the job was acquiring new knowledge and skills. The most enjoyable part was learning from my colleagues and occasionally play ping pong with them during lunch break.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, productive and fun work environment, prepaid lunch card
Cons
Have to wear uniform all day
Started good but went down hill
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 4, 2016
Company is only focused on themselves and will always look out for themselves before their employees. The people at the company (my peers) are also a hit or a miss. Some are really great people but most of them reflect the company mind set of them against the world and will run over you in the process.
Not the best place to advance career
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 22, 2016
I never felt like there was real job security nor that I had an opportunity to go anywhere. After a bunch of coworkers were laid off, I was also laid off.
focused, innovative and hardworking
Director Supply Chain Operations Asia Pacific (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 17, 2016
Fast changing business environment, challenging workplace particularly realising aggressive sales growth targets. Loads of measurement with focus on delivering serviceability targets and cost reductions. Often required innovative and collaborative actions with internal and external business partners.
Productive and Fun workplace
Advisory IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  北京市April 13, 2016
Good work life balance
Skilled workforce
Good salary and incentives
Great work environment
fast growing since founded in 1981
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
not defined work process
Productive Place to Learn
Plant Order Execution Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L.April 5, 2016
Lenovo´s culture is good, everyday there is something new to learn in order execution department, we have a platform where we can look for courses so we can increase our personal and professional knowledge
Pros
Good company to learn
Good Employer
National Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Beijing, Shanghai, NanjingMarch 31, 2016
Many smart people
Keep promise
Make progress every day
Productive workplace, nice employees
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCMarch 29, 2016
I learned a lot about supply chain and inventory management while at Lenovo. Nice office environment with a lot of diversity in the workplace.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Little room for advancement for contractors
ping pong table for fun
PACKER (Current Employee) –  Whitsett, NCMarch 28, 2016
The work is easy. the only problem is you will always be a contract worker. This would be a great place to retire if they hired.
Excellent work Life Balance
Sr. Customer Ops Specialist (Current Employee) –  MexicoMarch 16, 2016
Capable to work from home, good benefits, sush as health plan, vision and dental insurance plan, good environment.

Work life balance
Great place work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  NCMarch 4, 2016
Employee is empowered. Real international exposure. If you are looking for a dynamic company, Lenovo is your place to be.
A work place full of energy
Internship for Innovation Management Mobile BU (Former Employee) –  北京市February 9, 2016
Learned a lot in innovation management, got chance to get involve with the whole process of publishing a new product. Most of the co-works were entry level engineers with energy and creativity.
Great Technology Leading Company
Account Executive - West (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Company is passionate about technology, customer service and market share growth in US. Management is multi-cultural with many IBM (Thinkpad) executives influencing the US consumer business. Most challenging aspect of being an Account Executive, is driving towards the companies asperational growth goals while in a declining category (PC's in general).
Pros
Work from home with given territory - Leading Brand in PCs
Cons
China based company with little US knowledge / understanding
Was a typical temporary job. It was not too stressful.
Computer Assembler (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCJanuary 30, 2016
A typical work day was an 8 hour shift that fluctuated from 4-7am to 1-4:30. The work load was not overbearing but often times heavy.