Lenovo Employee Reviews

Fast paced, high energy, social media savvy
Senior Product Engineer & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 21, 2015
The company motto is "People who do" and there are "do" related slogans printed on the walls all around the workplace. The company started when the interest in PC's was growing in China and they provided a solution for English to Chinese translation. They've remained focused on the individual consumer and to that end, Lenovo has really embraced social media, both as an advertising tool outside the company and a collaboration tool inside the company. They are an AGILE culture - decide and do quickly, learn and improve continuously. Management is relaxed but focused on goals set by senior management. Employees are expected to set clear goals, are encouraged to collaborate on new projects and are given the autonomy to create their own work flows. Lenovo uses Sharepoint for file sharing and work flow management.
Pros
Open office environment conducive to team building and collaboration.
Cons
Rapidly changing work assignments between the US and China. Downsizing activity.
Productive workplace, nice employees
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCMarch 29, 2016
I learned a lot about supply chain and inventory management while at Lenovo. Nice office environment with a lot of diversity in the workplace.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Little room for advancement for contractors
Good Culture, Marginal money
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 5, 2015
Good culture, caring middle management but company brings you in full time through 3rd party and makes you apply for the position you have done for most likely over a yr. Pay could be better also, fairly low in comparison.
Pros
Outgoing Staff
Cons
expensive benefits
fun place to work
Senior Order Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 4, 2015
Enjoyed working with lenovo because of the great people and great products. However, Job security has been a bit unstable over the past several years.
Pros
Great culture, innovative, good salary / benefits
Cons
job security
Highly motivated atmosphere with lots of incentives to win win win
Senior Inside Sales Representative, NA eCommerce (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work included the morning huddle discussing any new news or product release or training. Jumping in the queue pumped ready to make some money!
Previously I was never a techie person and really had basic knowledge of computers until I began working at Lenovo. We are provided with continuous product training but a true self starter and computer salesperson keeps themselves up informed about the new technology on the market.
The hardest part of the job would be the things you cannot control such as supply issues, delayed orders and over selling on a product.
Great atmosphere, motivated managers and coaches and onsite gym.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
inconstant or sometimes irregular work schedule
Excellent work Life Balance
Sr. Customer Ops Specialist (Current Employee) –  MexicoMarch 16, 2016
Capable to work from home, good benefits, sush as health plan, vision and dental insurance plan, good environment.

Work life balance
Lack of Stability
Enterprise Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I was part of sale of IBM System X to Lenovo. I worked for Lenovo during which Lenovo changed strategies several times. Upper management seemed more concern about current profitability vs. having a long term vision.

I did not see micromanagement during my stay at Lenovo and Lenovo did sink some money into training us on current products. Job stability, innovation was not a priority as "business" decisions to pick low cost products and cut work force currently prevalent.
Pros
Micromanagement kept to minimum. Job Training provided on current Lenovo Products.
Cons
Lack of long term strategy. No Job Stability.
Great Technology Leading Company
Account Executive - West (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Company is passionate about technology, customer service and market share growth in US. Management is multi-cultural with many IBM (Thinkpad) executives influencing the US consumer business. Most challenging aspect of being an Account Executive, is driving towards the companies asperational growth goals while in a declining category (PC's in general).
Pros
Work from home with given territory - Leading Brand in PCs
Cons
China based company with little US knowledge / understanding
Nice facilities, but prone to change mgmt direction quickly and without warning
Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 30, 2015
Not a bad place to work, but job security is always an issue even with many seasoned vets within the company. Philosophy is to break organizations, then fix them over the next year. This has led to some serious morale problems of late.
Pros
good compensation package if your division performs well
Cons
US workforce is seen as an expensive but necessary evil
Productive and encouraging
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 13, 2016
Good company to work with good work life balance. Good relaxing day at office. Learned new technologies and management is cooperating.
Overall experience
Master Planning Professional (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for a cutting edge, lean, growing, global company with great leadership even though it was for just a year. Lenovo bought majority ownership in the storage company I was working for and that is when I became an employee. After the first year the decision was made to transfer our responsibilities to North Carolina and China but I learned many things from the experience and would not hesitate to work for them again.
Pros
Exciting, quality products, visionary CEO, good compensation and benefits
Cons
Employement stability.
Productive Place to Learn
Plant Order Execution Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L.April 5, 2016
Lenovo´s culture is good, everyday there is something new to learn in order execution department, we have a platform where we can look for courses so we can increase our personal and professional knowledge
Pros
Good company to learn
Great work/life balance. Professional environment, but fun as well. Good benefits and salary.
Incentive & Commissions Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 26, 2015
Lenovo has been a great company to work for. I have been able to advance my career. I enjoy the benefits and salary offered. They encourage a work/life balance. It's a professional environment but fun as well.
fun place we enjoy play soccer sometimes
desktop support (Former Employee) –  burlington ncAugust 28, 2015
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
good time to take your lunch break
Great products
Sr Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 5, 2015
A good company with some poor management. Good products but needs a lot of work to improve customer experience. Tough work life balance with calls required some nights.
A productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables and basketball courts
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  上海市May 20, 2016
I spent brief moments in my office table making schedules and summarizations before/after work and rest of the time in the working room. The work environment is productive and fun, people could play ping pong or basketball during breaks. I learned to communicate effectively with colleagues and work within a team. My colleagues were friendly and resourceful. My boss was a thoughtful person and he communicated with us frequently to make sure everything was on the right track. The hardest part of the job was acquiring new knowledge and skills. The most enjoyable part was learning from my colleagues and occasionally play ping pong with them during lunch break.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, productive and fun work environment, prepaid lunch card
Cons
Have to wear uniform all day
Job and People were alright
Advisory Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCJanuary 3, 2016
Generally a good place to work. But company is constantly looking to outsource existing skills to China.
Company seems to place more value and emphasis on acquiring technology and intellectual property than it's people.
401k plan not so good.
Pros
Reasonable work environment if you don't mind open workspace architecture
Cons
Constant concerns over resource actions and job outsourcing to China
released after aquisition
Client Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2015
I think Lenovo has great potential to become the global IT leader. I moved over from IBM after Lenovo purchased the x86 server business. For reasons that were never articulated to me, I was let go at the beginning of the FY 2015. As I accepted the position as a contractor 17 months prior, it was not as unexpected as it could have been.
They seem to be more nimble and responsive to customer desires than IBM was with the same product line. Through attrition and "resource actions", however, they've lost much of the established knowledge base. When they manage to bridge this gap, they can be very competitive in the US.
My first and second level management was excellent, but I felt uninspired by upper levels. The unstated goal seems to be to create a hip, cool company. I will watch Lenovo's progress with interest, the market is their's to win.
Great place to gain expierience working for a global company.
(BT) IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 20, 2015
Great place to gain expierience working for a global company. A typical work day begins early in the morning and ends late at night. My co-workers are very hard workers and we work together as a team very well. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that I genuinely liked.
Pros
Learning about different cultures
Cons
Long work hours
little bit work tension full work place with suppertive management decent amount of red tapew and politics the most enjoyable
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Puducherry, PYSeptember 30, 2015
Pros
free snacks
Cons
8 hours