Lennox International

Lennox International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unstable with no opportunity of advancement
Service Technician (Former Employee), Nepean, OntarioOctober 1, 2012
Pros: finish work early, work with great people
Cons: no advancement, salary freeze, unorganized
a lot of negativity, training very poor. Management does not have much say. Company is up and down there's a lot of uncertainty of it's future.
ok for early career
manager (Former Employee), RichardsonApril 10, 2014
Pros: known brand, lots of business needs
Cons: poor culture, political, dishonest
Not too bad a place for early career development. Avoid if you're at or above the manager level. Intensely political with constant executive blame gaming and sacrificing staff to cover their own mistakes. Limited ethics and values in place at the senior levels - it all about their bonuses.
Great IF you fit the "Lennox Mold"
Graduate Sales Program Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, advancement opportunities, good entry level benefits
Cons: old boy's club mentality, need to learn lots of industry knowledge, your talent does not matter you just who recruited you and how much time have you put in
The program is a sales training program. You will spend most of your time in one of their Parts Plus stores working as a counter sales (which means you will be lifting boxes, entering orders, and talking care of customers at the counter) associate while you learn about the industry and the company. They have a great sales training department and most – more... of the people that work in the field are great hardworking people. You will also work as customer service representative (they call it inside sales but it is basically customer service).
This is a great opportunity if you like the HVAC industry and are willing to deal with everything it comes with. It is still an old boys club (taking clients to bone daddies, twin peaks... most customers do not believe women should be in the industry) and they want you to put in your time. – less
If you want to be worked to death and made to feel awful.. this is the job for you
Service Tech (Current Employee), NCFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: long hours, no support from manager, dysfunctional enviornment, if you want to feel dumb this is the job for you
A typical work day is finding out at 11:30 the night before where you will be going from your manager by a email. God forbid that something goes wrong with a unit on a 25 unit roof after the pm is done. Constant calls from the manager asking why the pm hasn't been completed after you have spent 2 hours driving to the location, 45 minutes hand lifting – more... boxes of filter and equipment up onto a roof.
A typical pm for a large client with multiple roof top units (anywhere from 15-25 units) typically takes 5-6 hours, if no repairs are needed.. That is not counting travel time, which averages 2 hour and one half hours (one way!)
The constant being put down by the manager is not worth the job. The promises of advancement and training are there all the time with no follow up about any of the opportunities. Management constantly gives confusing communication with the customers and upsets them. The techs have to take the brunt of the anger of the customer and try to smooth things over.
Regional techs (Super Techs as they call themselves) are constantly trying to find the smallest thing wrong and criticize the field techs, just to make themselves look good to the higher ups in the company.
If you are new to the HVAC world, stay clear of this company. You will be promised the world and then made to be a scapegoat when they want to get rid of someone because of their budget concerns.
This company has no idea how to treat decent people that just want to work and provide for their families.
If your sick or there is a non Lennox issue you have to deal with at home, be prepared to be criticized and questioned about it at length. Be prepared to work in the worst weather conditions (dangerous ones at that), and be prepared to be told your a "whimp" if the conditions are such that you feel you could be in a unsafe situation.
LENNOX IS NOT WORTH THE TIME AND OR ENERGY! KEEP LOOKING – less
learning new
Internship (Current Employee), Chennai, TNDecember 30, 2013
Pros: free accomtation
Cons: short time
Good environment,i learn lot of things in IT filed. and then good relationship with workers...etc.....
comfortable workplace
assembler (Former Employee), Stuttgart, ARNovember 25, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks
Had plenty room to work. We always worked as a team to get the job done. The long work hours were sometime tireing.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Stuttgart, AROctober 24, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was me working for the full 8 hours nonstop.I learned how to run a variety of machines.Management was awful as well as the coworkers.The hardest part of my job was standing on concrete all day long
Broken Promise after broken promise...
Dispatcher (Former Employee), St Charles, ILSeptember 24, 2013
Cons: lost my unemployment, because they didn't even keep me long enough to be eligible for benefits again.
Went to work for this company, with promises of cross training, and full time hours. After less than 10 days of "training", was "thrown to the wolves", and told the next day what all I did wrong.
After "being trained", hours were being cut (low man on the totem pole). 2 hrs a day commute to work for 3 hrs? Seriously. I explained to management I was – more... aware of the "slow seasons" of the HVAC industry; and all I asked for was some sort of a set schedule, in order to find a second job. I was let go 4 days later, with no notice. Just a "Don't take it personally..."! And, right here, they've still got an add up?! Don't waste your time! – less
Demand Planner (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Great place to work but a lot of potential for improvement in terms of infrastructure and systems.
Laid back with a healthy cafeteria and compact fitness center.
International Taxation Intern (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 5, 2013
Gathering documentation for different tax return forms. I learnt about the diverse nature of taxation policies in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Management has an open door policy. Co-workers are helpful.
unstabl work environment
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR RANDSTAD (Former Employee), plano, texasAugust 21, 2013
This job was so up in the air-- we were all basically waiting for it to crumble. Poor management
I rather stand at a off ramp then go back to work for that company.
Tech (Former Employee), ILMay 30, 2013
Pros: many vacation and holidays paid
Cons: management
Your just a number there. It's middle management with no or little HVAC experience running a numbers company. If there is a issue between you and your branch manager, he will win. My opinion is not alone, do your research, "HVAC talk" or any other blog has many pro and cons (mostly cons) but my recommendation is too keep looking.
nice place to work
IT Network Administrator II Operations/Maintenance (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 9, 2013
Pros: location & people i work with
Cons: healthcare
a typical days work starts at 7am. open the ticket logging software and assign calls.
I learn new things every day each problem is different and each user is different so I learn to adjust as we go.
management is mostly removed from what I do. unless I make a mistake don't really hear from them.
co-workers are great they provide much needed help when – more... needed and distractions when job is getting stressful
the technology changing so fast the hardest part of the job is staying on top of current technology.
the most enjoyable is also the hardest technology we get to work with the latest and greatest equipment everyday. – less
Still has growing to do
SE-Area Dispatcher (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSMarch 25, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: unorganized and unprofessional
Service Experts/ Lennox International is not a very good company to work for at all. The managers are very unorganized and unprofessional. This company has a lot, and I mean A LOT of growing to do especially with the leaders.
current employee
service tech (Current Employee), ncFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: lots of hours when work is plentyful
Cons: no family time, alot of overhead screw ups that the technicians pay for
i dont have to much good to say, if u dont mind being worked to death and driving 400 miles per day to do a total of 2 service calls (pm's) when the expectations of a tech is 1000$ a day then this is the job for you, managers profit off of the techs work and could care less about how the tech look to the main office as long as he is in good standards – more... with them, and 3 techs handling the job of 9 means some long days for the techs. under paid and over worked is about as much as it needs to be dummed down, as far as family time forget it unless u just take time off without pay... the good thing is that you get to start the day at 8 or 830 and work alot of hours. steer clear because when work is low u go home and when work gets behind because of the managers mistakes u will be working till everything gets done that he screws up while he is at home or in the office... – less
Tengran Liu
SAP BI Developer (Former Employee), RichardsonFebruary 1, 2013
• Implemented Profit & Loss Dashboard using Xcelsius sourcing information from FIGL Cubes. P&L Dashboard includes YTD, Quarter and Monthly Revenue, Costs, Profit figures (Actual, Budget and Variance) by Profit Centers
• Defined InfoCube Aggregates for the Purchasing data and Sales Order InfoCube
• Defined and generated Standard Info Sources from the – more... Business Content
• Created Master Data InfoSources for uploading attributes, texts, and hierarchies
• Contacted shipper when shipment was not picked up by the carrier to reschedule an appropriate time for pick up based on BI reports
• Contacted various carriers to obtain tracking numbers and followed up consistently to ensure safety of shipment – less
Dead-end Job
service tech (Former Employee), USANovember 11, 2012
Pros: working by yourself
Cons: out of town work about once a month.
This company promises the world and delivers ? This company offers training to employees, but you have to pay for it. Poor Pay with no training means no advancement. Management is only out to make a buck and they do not care about your safety. If you want to succeed, do not work for this outfit.

someone28 – February 27, 2013

man i have to agree with you 100% stay away and dont et sucked into the broken promises

clean working enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 30, 2012
Pros: free lunch when company meet goals.
Cons: company changed when it went public.
The crew all liked each other, we had our own jobs to do an would help each other when got busy. even our boss would come out and help. some times we would get together after work , go out an have a beer.
Fun place to wor
Sr. staff Engineer (Former Employee), Dallas TXMarch 17, 2012
Pros: variety of work in different metals and corrosion, brazing, elding, etc friendy bunch
Cons: low pay
They get 3.5 star overall rating. The management is average.

February – September 28, 2012

I did apply for this job a couple of months ago and was told I would be called back regardless of the outcome. That never happend. Poor management.