Leisureworld Caregiving Centre Employee Reviews in Canada

Not a good workplace
RPN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2016
Poor and unprofessional management.No communication between coworkers and no equal shared responsibilities.Very stressful environment and poor performance.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
management
My work is challenging, rewarding but stressful at times.
Associate Director of Care (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 18, 2015
My typical day at work consist of ensuring that nursing department is running smoothly and efficiently. I am learning new things almost everyday from our residents, colleagues, and family members. It's a pleasure to work with our management team and staffs alike. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending time and getting hugs from our residents and family members- not all the time though.
Pros
experience
we are like family
Registered Practical Nurse- Dementia Unit (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2014
a typical day being in a dementia unit is filled with behavioral issues but usually if the resident is used to you and you know hoe to approach them it turns out fine.
i learned a lot with dealing with a demented person, the progress and management of their disease.
my co workers and i work as a team in our unit.
hardest part is emotionally when there are residents who are unable to deliver their wishes and the staff could not provide it.
i enjoy the company of the residents and their family. as I have said at the end of the day we are like family just being there side by side for their love ones.
Pros
not heavy
Cons
unpredictable day to day
Supportive and helpful workplace staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 16, 2014
All the staff and management were very patient and helpful, having the confidence that I would work well and gain the experience needed to fulfill my responsibilities of RN. When I had questions, there was always someone I could call for help and turn to, to get the answers I needed and to learn a certain process. There were many in-services, and I enjoyed attending every one of them because I knew it would improve my professional development and my ability to provide excellent quality care. Although I would be busy every single shift, and could not predict what was to come, I enjoyed spending it with residents and staff and just working together. The sense of teamwork and being able to provide patient-centered care is what continues to drive me till this day.
i love to work , currently i have only part time , hence looking another part time or casual job
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  VAUGHANMay 11, 2015
IN A DAY 2 CPR were given , one after the other , BUT AT THE END FEEL PROUND TO SAVE THE LIFE OF THEM.

CO WORKERS ARE SO HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT.
Pros
GOOD ENVIRONMENT
Cons
NO SECURITY FOR THE JOB.
Distributing food and communicating with the residents.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 1, 2015
-Table Set Up
-Nourishment Cart; arranging supplies in the cart
-Handling Machinery
-Being sanitary
-Using 3 sink dishwasher
-Co-operating with co-workers
-Talking with the residents
-Group Work
Pros
Valuable Skills
Nice
Physiotherapy Assistant (coverage) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Good work time, five day a week work pattern. Got experience on working as a team. Management was excellent and very welcoming. Amazing co worker. Very fun to work with seniors and making them do exercises.
Time spent well
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Volunteering there felt rewarding and beneficial in building community and teamwork skills with fellow volunteers
Pros
free food
Cons
management changed frequntly
productive environment but lack of interaction with other employees
Social Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONFebruary 27, 2013
analyzed different documents ( CCAC documents).
documented progress notes.
large organization so hard to get to know co workers, and my work required me to be in the office a lot.
Pros
felt productive after a days work
Cons
big organization so hard to get to know co workers
nice and clean home
Practical nurse student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 27, 2014
I liked to be here but my course requirement was done so I had to leave this place.
Pros
clean and nice
Cons
nothing i think
rewarding, challenging job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 12, 2013
always busy, & everyday i had encounter new challenges in dealing with our resident and I enjoy/love working with them. We work as a team, we respects each other ideas/opinions.
Co-op Position
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2012
I had honestly enjoyed my time at leisureworld. The staff was amazing and really supporting. I have learned a lot of skills that will benefit me in the future.
Exciting place of employment with a warm atmosphere
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2013
Fast paced yet fulfilling. Excellent team work atmosphere with great co-workers.
Pros
staff and clients