Position: Resident Relations Coordinator
Reporting to: Director of Administration
Date Posted: December 10, 2012
Competition No.: OLTC RRC RHILL 1212
Ontario Long-Term Care Providers currently has an opening for a Permanent Full-Time Resident Relations Coordinator to work at Leisureworld Caregiving Centre – Richmond Hill which is home to 160 residents. The initial assignment is for 75 hours bi-weekly, subject to change based on the operational needs or under the discretion of the manager.
As a valued member of the team, the Residents Relations Coordinator demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with organization’s vision and mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES (But not limited to):
- Coordinate and facilitate facility tours to perspective clients.
- Manage and oversee the admission process under the direction of the Administrative
Manager. This includes but is not limited to meeting with the resident and the
family/Power of Attorney on the date of admission to complete the resident contract and
related documents such as the rate reduction form, exceptional circumstance form, and
consents for services, as well as introducing the resident/family/POA to the Home and
- Assist and support residents and families with adjustment to living in a Long-Term Care
- Plan/approve, develop, implement, and evaluate individual social work services and/or
support groups to meet the identified needs of residents and families. Provide
reassurance, guidance, and assistance during times of difficulty and/or crisis.
- Act as a support and an advocate for residents’ rights in areas such as independence
and control over decision-making, managing and/or maintaining social and family
connections and conflict resolution.
- Act as a resource and support by educating staff on best practices.
- Assist with the provision of a resident advocacy program through the promotion and
adherence of the Bill of Rights and coordinate and support the operation of the
- Assist with resolution of financial issues and coordinate appropriate financial support
options for individual circumstances in coordination with the Administrative Manager.
- Assist residents and families in administering and accessing power of attorney, public
guardian trustee, and other financial resources available in coordination with the
- Act as a resource and ensure effective communication to residents and families about
the operation of the Home, as well as long-term care standards and expectations of the
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- Ensure a multidisciplinary approach to the provision of social work services that is
designed to assist each resident and where appropriate, provide the necessary
counseling and personal supports in response to individual circumstances.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team and liaise with community supports to
coordinate and/or arrange for applicable outreach resources in the care planning
needs of residents with exceptional and/or complex needs.
- Participate in the homes Continuous Quality Improvement Program including but not
limited to the completion of audits and ongoing evaluation.
- Provide effective professional psychosocial and social work services to meet resident
needs as identified by using psychosocial assessments.
- Participate in the multidisciplinary care conference for each resident on admission,
annually and more often as required.
- Maintain written documentation in accordance with Leisureworld Caregiving Centre
Policies and Procedures and as required by the Nursing Homes Act and professional
licensing standards and guidelines.
- Maintain a documentation system that is conducive to optimal case management and
maintains confidentiality of information.
- Participate in Home specific committees, staff education within the Home, and
corporate conferences as required.
- Seek opportunities for information sharing with residents, family members and staff
through planned educational interventions and individual counseling.
- Assist with discharge planning.
- Comply with the Nursing Home Act, homes for the Aged, Accreditation Standards,
Social Work professional Standards and Leisureworld Caregiving Centre Policies and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Membership in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service
Workers or eligible for membership with the Ontario Association of Social Workers
(OASW), the Ontario College of Social Work, and/or the Ontario Association of
Professional Family and Community Coordinators.
- Experience in a long-term care setting with specialized knowledge of Gerontology and
- Experience in techniques of social work assessment and a variety of treatment
modalities related to residents
- Current knowledge of relevant legislation in relation to health care consent and
- Good organizational skills with an ability to set priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) required to facilitate effective
communication with residents, families, peers, and other healthcare team members and
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of a second language an asset
- Degree / diploma in Social Work or Social Services Work from a recognized
WE INVEST IN YOU:
- Progressive growth opportunities for new grads
- Tuition Assistance Reimbursement
- Opportunities to learn innovative clinical skills
- Continuous growth and education development
- Self-fulfillment through meaningful relationships with clients
- Employee Recognition and Discount Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- A dynamic and supportive working environment
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to:
Director of Administration
170 Red Maple Road
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 4T8
Fax: (905) 731-2274
Competition No: OLTC RRC RHILL 1212
Please quote the competition number OLTC RRC RHILL 1212 in the subject line of your fax or email.
Please note that if hired, your employment with OLTC will be contingent on receipt of a police and vulnerable sector screening free of criminal activities and satisfactory to OLTC Police Records Check and Vulnerable Screening policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted. Resumes are shared amongst all Homes serviced by OLTC.
Deadline to Apply: January 10, 2013
Respect ° Commitment ° Teamwork ° Communication ° Learning