As part of the Central West LHIN BSO Team, the Behaviour Support Champion (BSC) will be primarily responsible for residents with responsive behaviours. Working closely with the Psychogeriatric Resource Consultant and the regional geriatric outreach teams, the BSC will be the in house expert in responsive behaviour management.
This is a job assignment for 37.5 hours bi-weekly.
This assignment will be responsible the following including but not limited to:
Providing care to residents with responsive behaviours
- Provide coaching, care planning and hands on care as needed.
- Liaise with the Home’s PRC and the regional geriatric outreach programs
Supporting Resident Transitions
- Enhance effective resident transitions to maintain health gains especially during hand
- Ensuring availability of resident historical records from other sectors.
- Provide resident follow through pre, during and post transitions.
Participating in trainings and meetings
- Participate in LHIN wide and in-house continuous education programs.
- Participate in the Central West Behaviour Support Network meetings as needed.
Participating in quality Improvement initiatives
- Participate in improvement initiatives.
- Assist in data collection of specified metrics of the BSO population in the Home.
To be eligible for this assignment, you must have a current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Additional preferred education and training includes a certificate in Dementia Care, training in GPA, UFIRST and PIECES. You must have the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of professionals, are a self-directed worker who is flexible and adaptable to meet competing demands, have strong presentation and teaching skills with an understanding of Adult Education Principles, and must have well developed communication and organizational skills. Competency in Outlook and MS Office considered an asset. You are a skilled communicator, reliable and physically able to perform the duties.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to:
Director of Care
2250 Hurontario Street
Mississauga, ON L5B 1M8
Fax: (905) 270-1749
Competition Number: BSO RPN 1212
Deadline to Apply: January 4, 2013