Are you a leader? Apply Today!
Legumex Walker Inc. (LWI) is one of Canada's largest processors and merchandisers of specialty crops, pulses and canola products. Headquartered in Winnipeg with 16 processing facilities in Canada, the American Midwest, Washington State and China. Our integrated global sales and logistics team use real-time information, world-class tracking and access to multi modal transportation capabilities to ship nutritious food around the world. We offer a driven, collaborative and energetic work environment that is committed to quality and focused on integrity and leadership (www.legumexwalker.com).
Position: WAREHOUSE FOREMAN/SUPERVISOR
Start date: Immediate for the Right Candidate
Work hours: 40 hours per week with the possibility of some overtime
Compensation: Salary; Variable with Experience;
The successful candidate(s) will be able to work alongside a dedicated team of employees, and gain a good understanding of quality control systems. The successful candidate will also demonstrate a positive attitude with a high level of professionalism, as advancement opportunities within the company are available.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordination of all production activities to minimize loss of production time.
- Development of, and continuous improvement of; receiving, processing, shipping and procedure postings.
- Inventory control consumable shipping items and in warehouse commodities.
- Communicate with other departments to minimize errors and delays.
- Keep the warehouse clean organized and maintain a safe work environment.
- Participate in the team environment and recreate the values of LWI.
- Pay attention to the details and work in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
Education and Qualifications Include:
- Knowledge of shipping procedures in conjunction with client specific requirements.
- Successful track record in leadership and supervising the work of subordinates.
- Self-motivated, organized, achievement driven, with an ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills.
- Strong skills at enhancing others' commitment to their work.
- Interest, skill, and success in getting groups to work together cooperatively.
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written.
- A proven track record in the processing and handling of special crops and/or other farm commodities would be an asset.
- Forklift or skid steer certification and experience an asset.
- No public transportation available - need own transportation to employer site.
WE ARE OFFERING:
- NON-Deductible Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Group Insurance;
- Retirement savings;
- 3 month probation period;
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Days;
The usual hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7 A.M. – 5:30 P.M, located 5 Minutes East of Regina on Hwy 33 (Arcola Avenue). Submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail, or fax to 306-664-3321 by February 17, 2013.
Legumex Walker Inc. thanks all candidates for their interest. However, we will only contact those candidates who are selected for an interview.
A 123-year old company with more than $6 billion in sales, The Scoular Company operates 90 independent business units that provide diverse...