Are you a leader? Apply Today!
Legumex Walker Inc. (LWI) is one of Canada's largest processors and merchandisers of specialty crops, pulses and canola products. Headquartered in Winnipeg with 16 processing facilities in Canada, the American Midwest, Washington State and China. Our integrated global sales and logistics team use real-time information, world-class tracking and access to multi modal transportation capabilities to ship nutritious food around the world. We offer a driven, collaborative and energetic work environment that is committed to quality and focused on integrity and leadership (www.legumexwalker.com).
Position: SHIPPING SUPERVISOR
Start date: Immediate for the Right Candidate
Work hours: 40 hours per week with the possibility of some overtime
Compensation: Variable with Experience;
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises all phases of shipping and/or warehouse operations including shipping schedules, loading operations and material handling activities.
- Coordination of all production activities to minimize loss of production time.
- Inventory control consumable shipping items and in warehouse commodities.
- Verify the accuracy of shipments against shipping papers and report any and all discrepancies immediately.
- Enforces HACCP procedures and is committed to food safety.
- Keep the warehouse clean organized and maintain a safe work environment for all employees.
Education and Key Success Factors:
- Grade 12 Graduate or GED equivalent and/or equivalent related experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience of shipping procedures in conjunction with client specific requirements.
- Self-motivated, organized, achievement driven, with an ability to prioritize tasks.
- Willingness to delegate responsibility and to work with others and coach them to develop their capabilities.
- Strong skills at enhancing others' commitment to their work.
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written.
- Possess a valid driver's license and forklift certification.
- A proven track record in the processing and handling of special crops and/or other farm commodities would be an asset.
- Any training such as WHMIS, HACCP, Food Safety, and Workplace Safety an asset.
- Forklift or skid steer certification and experience an asset.
WE ARE OFFERING:
- NON-Deductible Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Group Insurance;
- Retirement savings;
- 3 month probation period;
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Days;
Please drop off your resume and references at the plant 10 miles North of Star City in the Village of Brooksby or submit by e-mail, or fax to 306-664-3321 by April 25th, 2014.
Legumex Walker Inc. thanks all candidates for their interest. However, we will only contact those candidates who are selected for an interview.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard -
- 30+ days ago
Crop Production Services
Crop Production Services
- 11 days ago
Bourgault Industries Ltd.
St. Brieux, SK
- 17 days ago
Legumex Walker Inc. (LWI) is one of Canada's largest processors and merchandisers of pulses and specialty crops, with 14 processing...