Legumex Walker Inc. (LWI) is one of Canada's largest processors and merchandisers of pulses and specialty crops, with 14 processing facilities in Canada and the American Midwest. Our integrated global sales and logistics team use real-time information, world-class tracking and access to multi modal transportation capabilities to ship nutritious food around the world. We offer a driven, collaborative and energetic work environment that is committed to quality and focused on integrity and leadership (www.legumexwalker.com).
Position: PLANT OPERATOR
Start date: Immediate
Work hours: 40 hours per week with the possibility of some overtime
Compensation: Hourly; Variable with Experience;
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure waste and materials do not accumulate around equipment endangering workers or otherwise restricting safe access to or egress from the equipment.
- Assist supervisors in accident/ incident/ hazard reduction and investigation.
- Setting up the cleaning system for a variety of commodities and making adjustments required to achieve the product grade
- Regular sampling of cleaned product and screenings, completing analysis and then making adjustments to correct a grade problem or high loss of product.
- Completion of product logs that in clued the daily production report.
- Responsible for taking precautions to avoid commodity contamination.
Education and Qualifications Include:
- Grade 12 or equivalent education.
- Physical capacity to work in an industrial environment.
- Ability to take written and verbal direction in English and speak English clearly.
- Knowledge of or experience in working in a safe manner.
- A proven track record in the processing and handling of special crops and/or other farm commodities would be an asset.
- Forklift or skid steer certification and experience an asset.
WE ARE OFFERING:
- NON-Deductible Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Group Insurance;
- Retirement savings;
- 3 month probation period;
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Days;
To apply for this position please drop off your resume and references at the plant – 129 Manitoba Rd, Winkler, MB or submit by e-mail or fax to 306-664-3321 by April 14th, 2014.
Legumex Walker Inc. thanks all candidates for their interest. However, we will only contact those candidates who are selected for an interview.
A 123-year old company with more than $6 billion in sales, The Scoular Company operates 90 independent business units that provide diverse...