LEGOLAND Employee Reviews

Cool idea, not a good idea
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire18 February 2018
long story short, if you like being stabbed in the back all the time and being segregated by the management team themselves, then this job is perfect!
Pros
Magic pass, 20 free entries into merlin attractions
Cons
rubbish pay, favouritism of staff by managers
great place for a beginner
Grounds Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA 9200816 February 2018
this was my first time working in food and beverage, and I had an awesome experience, mostly because it never got boring. I worked at cashier mostly, but also did some work involving food.
absolutley lovely
Environmental Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor8 February 2018
absolutely perfect for anyone wishing to work in a loving environment, full of laughter and smiles and positive unusual scenarios. highly recommend this vacancy.
Was fun job
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA25 January 2018
I liked working here . working with a lot of people is nice and I got to meet new people and the hardest part of working at LEGOLAND was trying to get there
good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL23 January 2018
i wont work back here I can find higher pay at other places and more hours. it was a nice job as long as your ok with the fight to do better and not get there.
Cool working environment complete with proper management
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL16 January 2018
pros: good money, nice coworkers, good management, good discounts, nice work environment, ability to move up in the company.
cons: water park not open year round.
Fun and Flexible
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA11 January 2018
Depending on the position you apply for, a day in Legoland is rarely routine. Working as Retail Associate in a certain part means that every shift, I could be working in one store in the park or the next. Sometimes, although not too often, I do get transferred mid-shift from one location to another spot in the park, which I don't mind. It prevents you from getting too laid-back on the job. Management was very friendly and clear in directions and expectations. The managers would walk around and check in from time to time, and they are always friendly and offer constructive criticism and advice, never harsh.
Pros
Cheap lunches, large discounts on merchandise, up to 20 free pass vouchers for the first year of employment
Cons
None really
Great first job
RETAIL ASSOCIATE/LEAD (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA11 January 2018
My first job! I did retail and moved up to a lead position fast. Later i moved to other areas of the park and changed my job to a lifeguard. its good if you are in school or have a second job, they work around your availability.
Pros
great first job, many positions availabe
Cons
not great pay
Productive and fun
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA8 January 2018
At my specific location (Big Shop) it was always pretty busy, but the environment exposed me to many different experiences. As a popular amusement park, people came from all over the world. I met people who did not speak English at all, I met Lego-Fanatics and also just families that wanted a day of fun. I learned how to help people out in so many ways; whether it was finding a certain item in the store or helping someone find there way through the park.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Long and stressful days
Guest Experience Host (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL7 January 2018
A typical day at work are sometimes chill if you work on a certain day of the week . but it is also stressful trying to get guests to understand your job & making sure they understand that its for their safety. I learned alot working at legoland: patience, calm voices, learning how to work the rides and also what to do & not to do while working. Management was cool, nut they act funny as well if things don't go their way. The hardest part of the job was definently the guests because they was so hard to please. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and even though those days was long and stressful I still had friends to end my night with & laugh with them.
Productive workplace that spends money in wrong places
Any position (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA4 January 2018
It's a fun place to work but there is a lot of young people that have their first job there.. So there is a weird dynamic between experienced people that get the job done and those who socialy loaf or don't have an adult set of social skills. This divides what should be teams into interlinked departments that aren't really together but have to work together.
Pros
Free Tickets
Cons
Little Advancement opportunity
Productive and fun workplace
Food and beverage assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor1 January 2018
I have learned many responsibilities at Legoland such as customer service and dealing with customers. It has been a good season getting to know other workers and staff.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Stressful tasks
Very flexible company
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA12 December 2017
They work with you if you are attending school or college. You do have to, however, speak up if they start to cut your hours.I recommend you state how many hours you would like to work per week once you get hired.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Learning-experince
Ride Operation Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA9 December 2017
Even thought it was a temporary job, it was a good learning experience for anyone who works there and for those who works there as a full-time job it is a good opportunity for them to grow and advance in the job.
Pros
Discounts
Quick paced with great co-workers
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA3 December 2017
Working at Legoland was a great experience. I started out at the turnstiles scanning in tickets and within 2 months I was bumped up to Guest Services for my performance and interaction with guests. I was working during the slow to busy season in the summer and there were days where it was very slow, but we had something to do, whether it was cleaning or doing other time consuming tasks out of guest view. As a Guest Service Associate, I was responsible for recording down guest concerns and making sure that any issues that arise are taken care of in a quick and satisfactory manner. I was also assigned to process annual pass memberships and take care of any account concerns. Management was fantastic, there was always someone available if you had questions about procedures, etc. The hardest part of the job was probably making sure you were always doing something. On slow days is was hard to find things to do, overstaffing was an issue at times, but we mostly were sprinkled within the department to help out in other areas, such as ticket taker, and tolls and ticket booth. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all of the kids when they would come through the turnstiles, to see their faces light up when they are arriving for the first time, it is an amazing experience.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise, work sponsored events in the park, early access to some events before the public gets to try them.
Cons
Short breaks, Overstaffing, Not a lot of tasks to be done.
Fun and lively place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA28 November 2017
Show up to work, then a little inspirational and upbeat speech would happen at the beginning of each shift of how great we were doing, and things to improve on. Coworkers were easy to get along with, you make strong bonds with them. Leads were always very helpful.
Pros
Coworkers were easy to get along with, youthful environment
Cons
Short breaks
very horrible employer
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL22 November 2017
I worked there for 6 years they are money hungry, do not care for employees they treat them all like criminals. The management was even more worse they never owned up to their mistakes and pinned it all on other people they were power hungry.
productive and fun place to work
ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire10 November 2017
I loved working at Legoland although it was always fast pace and sometimes challenging it was also a great place to work, i enjoyed the job with what it involved and I loved working with the people around me.

A typical day at work would be fast paced and busy, we would always be serving, i enjoyed it because we would then get relocated to a different area and be able to work different jobs. while working at Legoland I learned how to work within a fast paced environment and have fun while doing it, while being professional the whole working day.

The hardest part of the Job was the long hours, and the most enjoyable part of the job was working along great people that i loved being around.
Pros
I loved working there because of the people around me
Cons
long hours, which i didnt mind
Fun workplace
Entertainment assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire7 November 2017
Built up my confidence and taught me how to work under pressure and also how to deal with difficult customers. I also learnt how to manage time as there parts of the job that required me to keep a watch of the time e.g minding characters.
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a
Productive and enjoyable workplace
FINANCE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Malaysia7 November 2017
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility. Throughout the day I completed various financial duties including payments,reconciliation,balance sheets.