LEGOLAND Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst Job, not for me.
Admissions (Former Employee), WindsorFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free tickets
Cons: short/no breaks, poor management, long hours, not enough training, under payed
A typical day at legoland would consist of getting to work an hour before your shift because you weren't aloud to turn up to work in your uniform and as i worked at the very top of the park in admissions, you had to walk to the top from the bottom. If you were starting your shift while the park is open expect to stopped by guests a lot on the way up so give yourself a lot of time. There was a lot of different jobs from selling tickets, handing maps out, being on the customer service desk, making annual passes and letting people into the park. I felt that there was not enough training for things such as making the annual passes and on busy days there would be no one around to help you as your co workers were also busy and didn't really seem to care. Uniform was horrible especially on hot days wearing long dark trousers (Shorts were on first come first serve basis). Was not aloud a rain jacket as I 'didn't work outside enough' so would have to walk to and from shift soaked if it was raining. Learned how to operate a compute till and how to deal with at times very angry screaming parents. Management were not at times helpful and would normally be sat in their office chatting or sitting around when it would be very busy. They also had favourites which would make you feel awkward and in the way. With some of the staff being people that have been rehired from previous years and some new, if you were new you would not feel welcome. Got underpaid numerous times and taxed heavily. Hours were very long and on busy days sometimes they would forget about your break and you would just go – more... the day without one. You also would not know when you finish your shift as they would be 'Early', 'Open' and 'close' shifts. Early shifts would mean you have to be changed and up the hill by 6am, earlys by 9am and lates at 1/2 pm. The hardest part of the job was dealing with tough customers when already under a lot of stress. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving free tickets even though you had to use them before your season ended or hand them back, if you did not reutn you would be fined. I would not reccmoned this job to anyone and I would not return even if I was jobless. – less
Learn different skills everyday
Retail (Current Employee), Grapevine,TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: very flexible hours, discount is nice
Cons: the hourly pay, lack of communication with management and co workers, very short breaks
I worked for retail where my typical work day would be making sure the retail floor is stocked and organized from pervious shift. I would ring up customers when they purchase a merchandise. Prevent customers from going through the aquarium without a admission and going through the emergency exit doors. I learned that some customers try to test employees to see if they will get aggravated easily by pushing the emergency exit doors and going through the gift shop to purchase admission ticket. I also learned it's better to work independent because people don't believe in working in teams especially if they are younger then you. If you plan on working here, make sure you set up your avaiablely and that you have a part time that pays because working at this job only pays 8.50. I don't think it's not right especially if you are the floor person(who I think floor person should get $9.00).
Fun workplace environment. I recommend anyone who needs part-time work to apply.
admission/retail cashier (Former Employee), Schaumburg, IL.February 27, 2012
Pros: good lunches, fun working with adults and children, good food, love the indoor amusement park
Cons: wished pay was a little greater, retail area was a little larger, more lego styles for adults to buy
Overall, Legoland was a fun place to work for. I liked working with the kids and enjoying putting smiles on their faces. Stocking different Lego styles for all to see. Management was being fair about hours, and how to provide excellent Customer Service to the customers. Training was also excellent and I had no problem learning my way around the store. It took a while how to learn to count down drawers at the end of the day, However, Once I got the hang of it ; it became easier. I will recommend anyone whose looking for part-time work to apply. The only thing I didn't like was going to the mall to work in the booth area. I think that is a bit of an inconvenience if you don't have transportation.
Photo host/sales associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLDecember 11, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, characters that would come out, seeing families happy.
Cons: Sometimes showed favoritism
A typical day at work we were always busy,on our toes,never really had a duel moment.This was my first job so I learned everything I needed to I learned how to be outspoken, learned not to be scared to talk to people around me,learned how to work a register,sale products. The management was always willing to help,but they did show a lot of favoritism to certain ones. The co-workers were amazing they always made it a fun day when we were not busy,and were always there for one another. The hardest part of this job was going in one slow days when it was rainy,cold,or bad weather. Because then the park wasn't busy,and the day would drag on. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing families happy,and watching the children get excited when they saw the Lego characters come out.
Great place to work if you like working with kids
Attractions Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FloridaAugust 29, 2012
Pros: free entrance to the park, free parking, free pass to bring friends and family, discounts in the park
Cons: lack of communication
Working with the kids are great. Their parents on the other hand are a nightmare 99.9%. And that's because they don't know how to READ! They just automatically assume that if their kid can go on one ride, they can go on all. Good luck with that.

Working with some of the other MC's have been great.

The downfall: Lack of communication! The communication needs a major overhaul! I've found stuff out through fellow MC's rather than from my Leads. That is one of the hardest things to deal with is when you find things out from fellow co workers and not from your leads.

if you work in attractions, being out in the elements is tough. It's either hot with horrible humidity or you get soaked from having to stand out in the rain.
Terribly monotonous job.
Cashier and Game Attendant (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJuly 24, 2014
I worked at Legoland, doing the most exciting thing in the park, Selling games.

...While selling games is interesting because you get to meet people and have interesting conversations, you get yelled at for having those conversations. There is no rewarding feeling at this job, it sucks out your happiness with repetitive 45 second looping musical numbers, hot days, general frustration at the poor quality of the games, feeling bad because you know why so many people lose, and why so few get what they want, the big stuffed animal. with this knowledge, it is also a excellent job to pick up in the summer, because it's very busy, and that business distracts you from the reality of what you are promoting. fun coworkers, but I didn't like my manager much at times, and I felt bad about strange rumors that circled around about other people I worked with...
Great place to advance....if you're in the right group
Supervisor (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLSeptember 21, 2013
LEGOLAND Florida is nothing but a high school in a workplace clothing. If you don't befriend the right group from the start you will never move up. The management is backstabbing, manipulative, contradictory, and immature. Be careful when filling out the annual "confidential" employee survey. If your department is like mine was, you will get called in to a room and interrogated as to why you answered like you did. My department management arranged "round table" discussions in Human Resources with the leads to pry for information about their supervisors and then took that information for gospel without letting supervisors explain or refute anything. Anything great you do will be swept under the rug and anything you slip on will be in the spotlight for months. No recognition for a job well done.
did not enjoy my experience
retail assistant (Former Employee), WindsorSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: fair pay
Cons: poor hours
My typical working day would consist of ordering stock on the shop floor and serving customers, I learned how to use tills and serve customers. I found management in terms of team leaders very slack, doing little more than sitting in the office talking and they would often pick favourites making you feel very uncomfortable and segregated from the team. My co-workers left a lot of the responsibilities with me instead of equally sharing the workload, and I found some of Lego Land's choices for employees very poor as one of my fellow employees confessed to doing meth amphetamine recreationally ( not the sort of people I would want working around children). Hardest part of the job was getting people to communicate with me, most enjoyable part was talking to the customers.
Great experience
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLNovember 29, 2014
Working with children and being able to experience many different cultured people was a very great experience and a great start if you plan on working with people for the rest of your life. A typical day for me was working the register at the Big Shop. I learned about the concept of patience and how retail workers have a very tough and busy job. The managers were pretty much family! They were strict about what they wanted but we did it in a fun way. My co-workers were very friendly and we often worked as a team to get everything completed. The hardest part for me at the time was keeping up with the time because I was underage, I had to be clocked-in and out at a certain time or the company would get in trouble for it. The most enjoyable part was entertaining the children.
Legoland was an extremely fun place to work with good staff members
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee), WindsorOctober 25, 2012
Pros: you recieved a merlin pass after working there for 6 weeks, this gives you 20 free vouchers to get into any merlin attraction for free.
Cons: pay wasnt sufficient for the horrible job my team had to do, often long days in the summer (not that i minded but most did)
Everyone had different roles to help the park maintain its good reputation. My role was back of house areas and cleanliness of the park before and after opening hours. I pressure washed patios and pathways, emptied sulo bins, litter picked, directed traffic in the car park (odd occasions), helped out landscape with hedge cutting and mulching and any odd jobs like removals that needed to be done for higher management.
I will never go back!
Water Park Retail Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free park pass
Cons: poor managment, no benefits, no job security
I worked for LEGOLAND in the Water Park and I have never hated my job before. I was hired as a seasonal employee. They would sometimes work me 14 hours at a time, moving from one park to another and would not give me a break because the breaks are already taken from your pay since you don't clock out, which means there is at least 1 hour of pay missing from your paycheck, and no overtime. Then when it was time for the season to end, I was given no warning! I walked into work and was told that day was the last day for all seasonal employees. I did, however, enjoy seeing how happy all the kids were, and I got to learn a lot about the Lego company.
Fun workplace
Food and Beverage Hotel Assistant (Current Employee), Windsor, ENGMarch 8, 2015
Pros: 20 free merlin passes
Cons: not enough staff, no free lunches
At busy times, jumping between the floor and the bar to help colleagues waiting for a busy period to do things. I have learnt how to make cocktails and hot beverages, serving food and drinks to customers. Management can be good at times but mostly hard to find or get hold of. My co-workers are great, we all get along really well together, have a laugh and get the job done. The hardest part of the job is pulling through a long hard day when you have had a lot of complaints and management is nowhere to be seen. The most enjoyable part of the day is meeting new people and getting to know everyone and talking to the guests.
Fun at Work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), WindsorNovember 22, 2012
Pros: discounted entry tickets for friends and family
A typical day I would say would be the day when I had to work an extra as one of my Coolidge was absent and thus his part of responsibility I had to see. Work at my last job [ Legoland, Windsor ] I learned how to deal with situation and with different nature of customer. Moreover I would say that my manager and my co-workers were just like an team where each figures makes an hand. My hardest part of job was during high season when park use to be full and thus we had to start early in the morning and finish very late. But still each day was having some different feeling, passion, which made the days easy, funny and memorable.
A fun and great place to work
warehouse assistant (Former Employee), warehouseAugust 24, 2012
Pros: free merlin pass, were you could go to all the top attractions
A normal day working in the warehouse, would be picking orders or retail and f&b resturants and delivering there orders, unloading deliveries and putting the goods away, and locating them, printing and confirming the orders, got on really well with my co-workers and management, working from start to finish was enjoyable as got on well with everyone, most hardest part of the day is when we would have a large delivery of lego which would be around 200 pallets, but working well as a team we would get it all away in a couple of days
Always fun and exciting.
Food and Beverage (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLMay 15, 2014
Everyday walking into work, you never what you are going to be doing. It keeps it a little exciting and is never boring. Before working here, I never knew about safe temperatures and all safety procedures that needed to be followed. When I came into this job, I couldn't even cook. Management and the coworkers are the best people you could ever work with. Everyone is so friendly and cares. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the pace whenever the park is extremely busy. Most enjoyable part is working with great people and meeting some really great guests.
Was a fun place to work eveyday was different and challenging
Retail cluster/Team Leader (Former Employee), Windsor, ENGMay 8, 2015
Pros: merlin passes and discounts in the lego shops
Cons: long hours
I opened the store in the morning then sort out the delivery directing the staff to their stations and help serve the customers

I learnt to deal with customers complaint merchandising, dealing assessment centres, being duty manager at times

Some of my Co workers are now my best friends

Hardest part of the job is the long shifts with only one break

Special Events, ie fireworks, star wars events, and social events with the staff
LegoLand
Hostess (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CASeptember 16, 2015
My typical day at work would be seating people because I was a hostess. I learned to give great customer service and always be on time or a few minutes early. I got along with my co-workers I never had any problems with them. The hardest part of my job was when the restaurant got super busy and the customers had to wait. I would be nice and say there's a little bit of a wait it won't take long. Sometimes they would get upset I would help them to the best of my ability. I enjoyed working with customers and helping them I also enjoyed working as a hostess.
rides
Food Service Associate (Former Employee), flordiaAugust 22, 2013
there's a lot at Legoland I've learn that it takes a hard worker to their jobs the management was a little a though to handle but i mange through it most of my co-workers were OK until you really get to know them but it was great to meet new people the hardest part of the job was the dish washing i was always by my self unless someone offer helps or i have to ask more then once the most enjoyable part of the job was waking up every morning to get ready for work when we get it's just a little talk and play and then get to work when we open up
Fun & exciting place to be!
Various Positions within Park (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLAugust 16, 2013
Pros: cheaper stuff for employees and free admissions into the park
Cons: pay wasnt the best but compensated with other things
A typical day was steady working. I learned many positions and had fun! Management was understanding and co-workers were usually there to lend a hand when needed, The hardest part was EXTREMLY busy days and not enough crew to do everything. The most enjoyable part was seeing kids and parents enjoying their vacation and loving the things there!
typical day at legoland
RIDE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLNovember 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Now this job is a amazing job it was a fun job not boring at all. What I learned from it is how to deal with people. The management was good they was organized. The co-workers were nice they didn't try to get people in trouble. The hardest part of my job was when i had to operate the ride and a kid comes up to me and say I cant find my parents The most fun part of the job was testing out the rides in the morning. They gave good hours 30-40 hours a week but it was only seasonal.