LEGOLAND Employee Reviews

Fun place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire12 April 2017
Serving customers, working with team members to ensure an efficient service was provided. Stocking inventory, leasing with other departments to facilitate operations.
fun, but not for everyone
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA30 March 2017
I loved working here, but after the summer, bad hours come and its not worth it. some departments are better then others. i would recommend if in high school
A ton of fun!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL29 March 2017
This job is like your childhood dream coming to life. Imagine a land filled with legos, beverages, and sumptuous food. This place is great not only for guests, but the workers too
Enjoyable
Food and Beverage Team Member (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire27 March 2017
Legoland is a great first job opportunity, it allows you to meet lots of people your age and work in a friendly enjoyable environment. You are expected to work multiples says over half terms and summer which can be difficult during exam time
okay
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor16 March 2017
sometimes you would love to work at a magical place like lego land and other times it would just be out right annoying however most people there are very kind.
An excellent place to gain valuable customer service skilss
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire4 March 2017
LEGOLAND is an amazing, fun and enjoyable place to work. On a typical day, which starts around 8.45 am, we would go up to our departments and get debriefed on things we need to do or accomplish by the end of each day. Then, we get allocated to our particular role we need to do that day i,e car parking. (there are rotations made very frequently).

As LEGOLAND was my first job, i learnt a lot of things that i think still help me to this day. For example, solving problems on my own. When a customer had a issue, it would be my responsibility to help them out in the best way i can. This is still relevant as i have begun to do it subconsciously in my college life and day to day life.

My department consisted of very tight friendships. This really helped as if you needed your shift to be covered someone would always gladly help. Also, if you were unsure about anything you would be very comfortable to ask for help.

Personally. the hardest part of the job was telling customers that their tickets were not valid for a particular days i.e, firework events. Also, the hardest part was remaining calm when a customer was really angry. They then become quite intimidating however, it was my job to keep them and myself calm and sometimes this would not work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the little children enjoy themselves. It automatically puts a smile on your face.
Pros
very cheap lunches, good pay, relaxing
Cons
walking up the big hill, not enough hours
This is a exciting fun place to work
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Cypress Gardens, FL2 February 2017
I had a very enjoyable time working for this company. Great place to meet nice people yeah sometimes you might not like it but in the end its great money and great to see people laugh and have a good time.
Fun workplace
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor3 January 2017
Had allot of fun during the seasons working here. The people were great and to see the smiles on the faces of children at the end of the day is beautiful.
Pros
Free lunches
Awesome place
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL31 December 2016
Taking pictures is a hobby of mine so this job was easier than what i imagined. I love kids n families being happy for only 99$ visit Lego Land!
Fun place to work for a collage student.
Attractions Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA11 December 2016
A great summer job, you are treated well by the park management. I would work a summer job here again or recommend a summer job to a friends.

The kids visiting the park usually are not the problem it is the parents, rude, use foul language and yell at ride attendants when their children are too small to ride the rides.
Pros
Free tickets to the park for yourself, family & friends
Cons
Pay could be a little higher than minimum wage
understaffed and poor management
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire4 December 2016
management was never around and when they was around they was making changes that made the restaurants have more problems than they did before the changes where made
good fun work with a good company.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA3 December 2016
Legoland lifeguarding was a fun job. the only real complaint i have is that they play the same songs in the waterpark on repeat and it'll drive you nuts after a while.
Pros
good management
Cons
nonstop music on repeat
Loving what i do
guest experience expert (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL7 November 2016
I love my current job, i love interacting with children, hearing them out about their day and how they are enjoying it, how they love a current character from legos.
Pros
smiles on guest faces but mostly the children
Cons
season is over
Don't work here
Model Citizen (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA4 November 2016
Hours are horrible, right now job hours are dropping drastically due to Halloween holidays have passed. Very few hours are worked and you have to compete for your hours.
friendly and fun atmosphere
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA30 October 2016
Enjoy the people i work with they are very flexible with scheduling
easy and simple when it come to getting shifts covered or picking up more hours. Its a busy environment but fun to work in.
Pros
cheap lunch, free tickets, discount, fun working environment
Underpaid and no breaks
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hotel21 October 2016
I worked in the hotel. Terrible place, under paid twice! Was told we weren't allowed breaks when on the board behind them it stated that young workers MUST have a break every 4.5 hours (we worked six) people were nice but management were dreadful. Do not recommend working here at all!
Cons
Underpaid and no breaks
A fun place to work.
Attractions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor20 October 2016
The biggest perk of this job are the people you work with. It is the best job I've ever had in terms of how your social life is concerned.

Average ages were between 18-24 year olds. A lot of university students coming in for Easter, summer holidays and haloween.

The job advancements were definitely available. You could progress from an operator to a team leader, then to a manager if you really wanted. Then I'm sure there would of been opportunity for more.

Management was good. It depends who was your manager. I had some good managers, I had some managers that should never have been given any power. Same with most jobs.

The wages were minimum. Plus countless times I'd chase up for hours earnt. You'd sometimes stay a lot longer than you'd get paid for. Very cheeky I thought considering it was bare bones anyway.

In short, if you're looking for a fun job, with fun people to work with. Then this is the job for you. If you want a job with a good wage. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Bad wage
Fun workplace with good medical/dental.
Model Designer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA16 October 2016
Work was fun and easy going. It didn't challenge me, so I was often bored with no room for career advancement, but I did find cross-training opportunities, though not in the most useful skills. The best days and the worst days were still tolerable and fun.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
less salary than comparable theme parks
Lifeguarding
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL9 October 2016
Being a Lifeguard was fun I had a blast, I love working with people epically kids. I loved being in the sun and laughing and being around such positive people. kids are the most fun when they tell you all different story's and laughing and having fun running around playing and just enjoying there day knowing they were safe from harm with all the lifeguards around to protect them.
Pros
having fun and laughing
Cons
nothing
Fun and exciting
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor19 September 2016
I only worked for a while but the time I had been there I had grasped the work quite quick. Everyone around you is generally supportive and looking to get the task done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEGOLAND. Our community is ready to answer.