LEGOLAND Employee Reviews

Productive and fun people around
Cashier(Burger Restaurant) (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA21 June 2017
Everyone there had one goal is to make Legoland a good experience for the guest and make a pay check . Every one has a positive vibe and willing to work with your needs.
Pros
flexible with schedules
Cons
taxes
Fun workplace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA19 June 2017
If you are an individual who loves being around kids or legos, Legoland is definitely the place to work. Easy job.

Management is easy to approach and coworkers are friendly.
good job for student
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ15 June 2017
good job for students only with no benefits. All kids work there.NO middle age people and lot young people and most are geeks. You can not survive on this job unless you have a second job.
Pros
passes to merlin
Cons
not enought pay or good managers they are all kids.
fun job, naff management
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire10 June 2017
Ride operator, mostly on small rides that only needed one person so it was a bit dull at times during the week when the park was quiet. travel is awkward for those using buses to and from the park.
Pros
lego discount
Cons
Travel options to park/work
Working enviroment is of good standard
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dubai Free Zone10 June 2017
Good atmosphere working place with energized and friendly stuff and management,practice of the Dubai parks and resorts are practiced on regular basis management should lead by example
Pros
Two meals per shift
Cons
9 hours
Admissions
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, UK7 June 2017
Average place to work for average money and not really worth it overall. I wouldn't go back to work there but it may appeal more, to someone who likes interacting with thousands of people per day.
Pros
free lunch in summer
Cons
long
Fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor6 June 2017
LEGOLAND was a very fun place to work. You get to meet so many new people and make so many great friends at the same time. You get plenty of hours so its easy to make money so I would definitely work there again.
Great place for a first job
Food and Beverage Lead (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA5 June 2017
LEGOLAND was a great place to learn customer service and leadership skills. They gave me an opportunity to become lead at a young age which not only looked great on my resume but I also learned a lot of leadership and communication skills. My coworkers were probably the best part of the job, they made even the busiest days fun.
Pros
F&B rewards like free lunches, Christmas party
Cons
Little benefits, little hours during off-season
Got me by
Rides and Attractions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire1 June 2017
With previous experience, attaining another job there wasn't particularly difficult but it wasn't entirely fulfilling. I don't regret it but it was just a placeholder for something better.
Great place for a first job!
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA30 May 2017
This is my first job and it's a great one. I haven't been working here for very long, and I already love it. I've already made a bunch of friends. I haven't yet been trained to operate on an attraction, so I'm working Reserve N' Ride (Lines). It's still awesome because I get to have more interaction with the guests. In order to work here, especially in my position, you have to have patience. Keep in mind that Legoland has many employees so it may take a while for you to get trained.
For lunches, make sure to bring money. They have an awesome MC (Model Citizen) food truck that sells the food they sell in the park but for 2 dollars.
Legoland is a place you will make tons of friends and meet tons of different people from all over the world. There will be some bad days, especially with impatient guests, but the good days will do more than make up for the bad ones.
Pros
Great Benefits, Awesome Co-Workers, Nice Leads
Absolutely terrible.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL16 May 2017
Management is unfair and wouldn't offer benefits even if I worked full time hours. They will drive you like a literal slave. I loved the people whom I worked with but that's about the only good thing about working for that company.
Fair
Model CItizen (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL4 May 2017
working with this company was great up until a year after they opened alot of changes occured, Supervisors were being switched and brought in supervisor who were confused and never really got the hang off the position. Their management was horrible, alot of favortism when it came to the team leads and the team employees. if you werent a smoker you couldnt get a 5 minutes breather but if you did they all went to the back and took a smoke break together for about 15-20 minutes int he clock, Supervisors would try to tak to you in any way shape or form.
Good
Food & Beverage Shift Leader (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, UK23 April 2017
Good place to work, lots of available hours, good to work with young friendly people and to work with children and their families.
Can be required to work exceptionally long hours when busy and has no set finishing time. 0 hour contracts
Pros
friendly environment
Fun place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire12 April 2017
Serving customers, working with team members to ensure an efficient service was provided. Stocking inventory, leasing with other departments to facilitate operations.
fun, but not for everyone
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA30 March 2017
I loved working here, but after the summer, bad hours come and its not worth it. some departments are better then others. i would recommend if in high school
A ton of fun!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL29 March 2017
This job is like your childhood dream coming to life. Imagine a land filled with legos, beverages, and sumptuous food. This place is great not only for guests, but the workers too
Enjoyable
Food and Beverage Team Member (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire27 March 2017
Legoland is a great first job opportunity, it allows you to meet lots of people your age and work in a friendly enjoyable environment. You are expected to work multiples says over half terms and summer which can be difficult during exam time
okay
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor16 March 2017
sometimes you would love to work at a magical place like lego land and other times it would just be out right annoying however most people there are very kind.
An excellent place to gain valuable customer service skilss
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire4 March 2017
LEGOLAND is an amazing, fun and enjoyable place to work. On a typical day, which starts around 8.45 am, we would go up to our departments and get debriefed on things we need to do or accomplish by the end of each day. Then, we get allocated to our particular role we need to do that day i,e car parking. (there are rotations made very frequently).

As LEGOLAND was my first job, i learnt a lot of things that i think still help me to this day. For example, solving problems on my own. When a customer had a issue, it would be my responsibility to help them out in the best way i can. This is still relevant as i have begun to do it subconsciously in my college life and day to day life.

My department consisted of very tight friendships. This really helped as if you needed your shift to be covered someone would always gladly help. Also, if you were unsure about anything you would be very comfortable to ask for help.

Personally. the hardest part of the job was telling customers that their tickets were not valid for a particular days i.e, firework events. Also, the hardest part was remaining calm when a customer was really angry. They then become quite intimidating however, it was my job to keep them and myself calm and sometimes this would not work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the little children enjoy themselves. It automatically puts a smile on your face.
Pros
very cheap lunches, good pay, relaxing
Cons
walking up the big hill, not enough hours
This is a exciting fun place to work
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Cypress Gardens, FL2 February 2017
I had a very enjoyable time working for this company. Great place to meet nice people yeah sometimes you might not like it but in the end its great money and great to see people laugh and have a good time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEGOLAND. Our community is ready to answer.