LEGOLAND Employee Reviews

Good People
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA 92008June 8, 2016
I had the unique experience of working at Legoland's Fast Pass system where our job was to stand around until the few customers came by. So I can't say my experience was typical, but I liked my Leads and manager and the hours were superb. Although I heard that people trying to get other employees fired and horrible leads were common, so beware.
Pros
Good co-workers, alot of hours, good leads, low work
Cons
N/A
stay cool at the pool
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJune 23, 2016
Many people come to the pool to swim because summers are very hot! The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to help children learn how to swim early in the mornings and help them get over their biggest fears.
Pros
great breaks, lots of laughs
Cons
storms
Fun job for teens after school, not for sustaining life after school
Water Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 8, 2016
its a great first job for high school kids or someone in need of a job asap. i've worked there for 4 years, a little too long in my opinion. I moved up to be an On the Job Trainer, but conflict with school created an issue and I was demoted for not meeting hours.
the main reason why I stayed for so long is because you make a lot of great friends, you know you will have a job unless you mess up big time, it takes a lot to get fired. on the other hand you really don't make enough money to support yourself, as with most first jobs, and I don't feel like we are truly recognized for the hard work we put in. its a high stress environment but we try to make it as fun as we can
Pros
Free entry and 40 tickets for family/friends
Cons
No benefits. hard to advance. business need always put first.
Fun work enviremnt
Attraction Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 13, 2016
A typical day on the job would be either opening up or closing. Opening up you had to do a overall safety check on the ride you were given. Co-workers were very naggy.
Pros
Cheap Lunches
Cons
Short breaks and management
Fun and productive
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work was folding clothing that people unfold to look at in the store. Ring up the items a customer would wants and interact with them about how their day was at the park.
It was fun Working with customers and showing them places to try out
USHER (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 13, 2016
It was fun Working with customers and showing them places to try out and showing them the movies for that day that we had available..
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced environment with quality people
California - Food & Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 30, 2016
Legoland was a place full of big families and little kids so we knew we had to please tend to adults needs but have the personality to tend to kids and be fun.
Good job!
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day doing Monday- Friday only schools come in the mornings but Saturday and Sunday its packed. I loved seeing the kids they was so pretty it just put a smile on your face. Co-Workers was cool but I think it was a lil favoritism with managers. Fun job!!
Pros
Get in Lego Free, good hours
Cons
Low pay
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  WindsorJune 30, 2016
The days were varied, with a lot of time spent doing different things. The staff were of a similar age, and the atmosphere was very welcoming
typical day at legoland
RIDE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 18, 2015
Now this job is a amazing job it was a fun job not boring at all. What I learned from it is how to deal with people. The management was good they was organized. The co-workers were nice they didn't try to get people in trouble. The hardest part of my job was when i had to operate the ride and a kid comes up to me and say I cant find my parents The most fun part of the job was testing out the rides in the morning. They gave good hours 30-40 hours a week but it was only seasonal.
Pros
free lunches
Boring and strick
SALES Rep (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 14, 2016
This atmosphere is UN fun and hard. You are constantly badgered to work when you are actually working. Also they do not give a lot of breaks and by the time you stood there all day you never want to return. The managers and leads are rude and only care about bettering them self.
Very fun productive work place to be at.
Character Performer (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 11, 2016
Dressed up as a giant lego and entertained kids while also being a character handler. Also did ski show and ushered for theatres
Photo host/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 11, 2015
A typical day at work we were always busy,on our toes,never really had a duel moment.This was my first job so I learned everything I needed to I learned how to be outspoken, learned not to be scared to talk to people around me,learned how to work a register,sale products. The management was always willing to help,but they did show a lot of favoritism to certain ones. The co-workers were amazing they always made it a fun day when we were not busy,and were always there for one another. The hardest part of this job was going in one slow days when it was rainy,cold,or bad weather. Because then the park wasn't busy,and the day would drag on. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing families happy,and watching the children get excited when they saw the Lego characters come out.
Pros
Co-workers, characters that would come out, seeing families happy.
Cons
Sometimes showed favoritism
legoland
Attractions Operator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 23, 2016
legoland is a fun place to work it not hard but not easy. i learned that u need to have patience to work at legoland. the management was ok but they where not nice people.
Pros
u got in to lagoland for free
Cons
the leads where mean
LegoLand
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 16, 2015
My typical day at work would be seating people because I was a hostess. I learned to give great customer service and always be on time or a few minutes early. I got along with my co-workers I never had any problems with them. The hardest part of my job was when the restaurant got super busy and the customers had to wait. I would be nice and say there's a little bit of a wait it won't take long. Sometimes they would get upset I would help them to the best of my ability. I enjoyed working with customers and helping them I also enjoyed working as a hostess.
Fun place to work
EVENTS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Easy work and great job to be around people. Opportunity for advancement is there if you are in with the right people. They do take notice if you work hard and get things done.
GREAT TO WORK
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ENGSeptember 20, 2015
I highly recommend this workplace as it is great fun and meet all people walks of life.Everybody is having a great time which makes your working day pleasureable.
As it is seasonal the hours will reduce.

There are many great perks to the company too.
Pros
great incentives
Cons
only seasonal contract
Simple, fun part-time job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 30, 2015
From 2010 to 2012, I enjoyed my summers and occasional holiday breaks working at LEGOLAND California. Management were very flexible and I got along with my co-workers easily. The work was only stressful due to the customers themselves, who tended to be easily irritable after a long day being dragged around by their kids, only to have to spend even more money at the gift shop where I worked. Overall, I learned a lot working at LEGOLAND, it was an excellent first job.
Fun
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ENGAugust 27, 2015
Everyone that you work with is friendly including managers and team leaders. I learnt alot of skills such as being able to use a variety of different machines and improving my customer service skills.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Photo Host
Photo Host (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for Picsolve as a photo host. The management team worked well with us. As a photo host we took pictures of the guest on the rides and walking in the park. Photo host also did sales.
Pros
Liked my co-workers
Cons
Standing on your feet for a long period of tie, I worked their for three years only got one pay raise.