LEGOLAND Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with good medical/dental.
Model Designer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA16 October 2016
Work was fun and easy going. It didn't challenge me, so I was often bored with no room for career advancement, but I did find cross-training opportunities, though not in the most useful skills. The best days and the worst days were still tolerable and fun.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
less salary than comparable theme parks
A fun place to work.
Attractions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor20 October 2016
The biggest perk of this job are the people you work with. It is the best job I've ever had in terms of how your social life is concerned.

Average ages were between 18-24 year olds. A lot of university students coming in for Easter, summer holidays and haloween.

The job advancements were definitely available. You could progress from an operator to a team leader, then to a manager if you really wanted. Then I'm sure there would of been opportunity for more.

Management was good. It depends who was your manager. I had some good managers, I had some managers that should never have been given any power. Same with most jobs.

The wages were minimum. Plus countless times I'd chase up for hours earnt. You'd sometimes stay a lot longer than you'd get paid for. Very cheeky I thought considering it was bare bones anyway.

In short, if you're looking for a fun job, with fun people to work with. Then this is the job for you. If you want a job with a good wage. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Bad wage
Fun job for teens after school, not for sustaining life after school
Water Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA8 February 2016
its a great first job for high school kids or someone in need of a job asap. i've worked there for 4 years, a little too long in my opinion. I moved up to be an On the Job Trainer, but conflict with school created an issue and I was demoted for not meeting hours.
the main reason why I stayed for so long is because you make a lot of great friends, you know you will have a job unless you mess up big time, it takes a lot to get fired. on the other hand you really don't make enough money to support yourself, as with most first jobs, and I don't feel like we are truly recognized for the hard work we put in. its a high stress environment but we try to make it as fun as we can
Pros
Free entry and 40 tickets for family/friends
Cons
No benefits. hard to advance. business need always put first.
Underpaid and no breaks
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hotel21 October 2016
I worked in the hotel. Terrible place, under paid twice! Was told we weren't allowed breaks when on the board behind them it stated that young workers MUST have a break every 4.5 hours (we worked six) people were nice but management were dreadful. Do not recommend working here at all!
Cons
Underpaid and no breaks
good fun work with a good company.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA3 December 2016
Legoland lifeguarding was a fun job. the only real complaint i have is that they play the same songs in the waterpark on repeat and it'll drive you nuts after a while.
Pros
good management
Cons
nonstop music on repeat
Lifeguarding
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL9 October 2016
Being a Lifeguard was fun I had a blast, I love working with people epically kids. I loved being in the sun and laughing and being around such positive people. kids are the most fun when they tell you all different story's and laughing and having fun running around playing and just enjoying there day knowing they were safe from harm with all the lifeguards around to protect them.
Pros
having fun and laughing
Cons
nothing
Good People
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA 920088 June 2016
I had the unique experience of working at Legoland's Fast Pass system where our job was to stand around until the few customers came by. So I can't say my experience was typical, but I liked my Leads and manager and the hours were superb. Although I heard that people trying to get other employees fired and horrible leads were common, so beware.
Pros
Good co-workers, alot of hours, good leads, low work
Cons
N/A
Don't work here
Model Citizen (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA4 November 2016
Hours are horrible, right now job hours are dropping drastically due to Halloween holidays have passed. Very few hours are worked and you have to compete for your hours.
friendly and fun atmosphere
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA30 October 2016
Enjoy the people i work with they are very flexible with scheduling
easy and simple when it come to getting shifts covered or picking up more hours. Its a busy environment but fun to work in.
Pros
cheap lunch, free tickets, discount, fun working environment
Loving what i do
guest experience expert (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL7 November 2016
I love my current job, i love interacting with children, hearing them out about their day and how they are enjoying it, how they love a current character from legos.
Pros
smiles on guest faces but mostly the children
Cons
season is over
Fun work enviremnt
Attraction Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA13 June 2016
A typical day on the job would be either opening up or closing. Opening up you had to do a overall safety check on the ride you were given. Co-workers were very naggy.
Pros
Cheap Lunches
Cons
Short breaks and management
Fun and exciting
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor19 September 2016
I only worked for a while but the time I had been there I had grasped the work quite quick. Everyone around you is generally supportive and looking to get the task done.
social
Food & Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor7 September 2016
its a great place to make friends and it is a enjoyable place to work, no day is the same it always produces something new which keeps you entertained.
First job
Server/Cashier-Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL 3388012 July 2016
Legoland was my first job. It was easy to get into but the hardest part was working the cash registers for the first time. The most enjoyable was walking through the park and seeing all the kids and their families having a great time together.
I will never go back!
Water Park Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL10 July 2014
I worked for LEGOLAND in the Water Park and I have never hated my job before. I was hired as a seasonal employee. They would sometimes work me 14 hours at a time, moving from one park to another and would not give me a break because the breaks are already taken from your pay since you don't clock out, which means there is at least 1 hour of pay missing from your paycheck, and no overtime. Then when it was time for the season to end, I was given no warning! I walked into work and was told that day was the last day for all seasonal employees. I did, however, enjoy seeing how happy all the kids were, and I got to learn a lot about the Lego company.
Pros
Free Park Pass
Cons
Poor Managment, No Benefits, No Job Security
Fun and productive
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA26 July 2016
A typical day at work was folding clothing that people unfold to look at in the store. Ring up the items a customer would wants and interact with them about how their day was at the park.
Photo Host
Photo Host (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL6 July 2015
I enjoyed working for Picsolve as a photo host. The management team worked well with us. As a photo host we took pictures of the guest on the rides and walking in the park. Photo host also did sales.
Pros
Liked my co-workers
Cons
Standing on your feet for a long period of tie, I worked their for three years only got one pay raise.
stay cool at the pool
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FL23 June 2016
Many people come to the pool to swim because summers are very hot! The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to help children learn how to swim early in the mornings and help them get over their biggest fears.
Pros
great breaks, lots of laughs
Cons
storms
Legoland
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  CA24 August 2015
Leads arent great at creating a functionable shift and always downgrade employees.Need to raise payment. Grounds sucks since we have to clean up puke and bathrooms it basically a janitorial service.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Leads
It was fun Working with customers and showing them places to try out
USHER (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL13 July 2016
It was fun Working with customers and showing them places to try out and showing them the movies for that day that we had available..
Cons
short breaks