LEGOLAND Employee Reviews

Quick paced with great co-workers
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA3 December 2017
Working at Legoland was a great experience. I started out at the turnstiles scanning in tickets and within 2 months I was bumped up to Guest Services for my performance and interaction with guests. I was working during the slow to busy season in the summer and there were days where it was very slow, but we had something to do, whether it was cleaning or doing other time consuming tasks out of guest view. As a Guest Service Associate, I was responsible for recording down guest concerns and making sure that any issues that arise are taken care of in a quick and satisfactory manner. I was also assigned to process annual pass memberships and take care of any account concerns. Management was fantastic, there was always someone available if you had questions about procedures, etc. The hardest part of the job was probably making sure you were always doing something. On slow days is was hard to find things to do, overstaffing was an issue at times, but we mostly were sprinkled within the department to help out in other areas, such as ticket taker, and tolls and ticket booth. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all of the kids when they would come through the turnstiles, to see their faces light up when they are arriving for the first time, it is an amazing experience.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise, work sponsored events in the park, early access to some events before the public gets to try them.
Cons
Short breaks, Overstaffing, Not a lot of tasks to be done.
Fun and lively place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA28 November 2017
Show up to work, then a little inspirational and upbeat speech would happen at the beginning of each shift of how great we were doing, and things to improve on. Coworkers were easy to get along with, you make strong bonds with them. Leads were always very helpful.
Pros
Coworkers were easy to get along with, youthful environment
Cons
Short breaks
very horrible employer
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL22 November 2017
I worked there for 6 years they are money hungry, do not care for employees they treat them all like criminals. The management was even more worse they never owned up to their mistakes and pinned it all on other people they were power hungry.
productive and fun place to work
ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire10 November 2017
I loved working at Legoland although it was always fast pace and sometimes challenging it was also a great place to work, i enjoyed the job with what it involved and I loved working with the people around me.

A typical day at work would be fast paced and busy, we would always be serving, i enjoyed it because we would then get relocated to a different area and be able to work different jobs. while working at Legoland I learned how to work within a fast paced environment and have fun while doing it, while being professional the whole working day.

The hardest part of the Job was the long hours, and the most enjoyable part of the job was working along great people that i loved being around.
Pros
I loved working there because of the people around me
Cons
long hours, which i didnt mind
Fun workplace
Entertainment assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire7 November 2017
Built up my confidence and taught me how to work under pressure and also how to deal with difficult customers. I also learnt how to manage time as there parts of the job that required me to keep a watch of the time e.g minding characters.
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a
Productive and enjoyable workplace
FINANCE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Malaysia7 November 2017
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility. Throughout the day I completed various financial duties including payments,reconciliation,balance sheets.
Productive and fun work place.
Games Operator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL4 November 2017
I loved it working at Lego Land it was one of my favorite jobs it was a fun work environment. There are a lot of great things that I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free tickets, employee id was free entry
Quick pace and orderly.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA25 September 2017
A typical day at work was a meeting with all of the employees and managers to discuss how many guests were going to be there today so we could be prepared. Then we would go to our rides and do a safety checklist before opening up the park. What i learned was how to accommodate to everyone's needs. The hardest part of this job was making sure to pace myself to get to my ride on time. The most enjoyable part of this job was to experience the joy of the children after they get off the ride.
Great place to work at
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL20 September 2017
Lego land is a great place
I place you can gain great skill for leadership.
I enjoy working for this company their do not only think about the business but about their employees .
It is really nice to work for this company
Working in a park you can have fun
Retail Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dubai13 September 2017
There are two parks: team-park and Water Park with international team. I like that we work day time and can take rest at night. Company provides necessary trainings.
Pros
All included: accomodation, transportation, 2-times meal, benefits.
Fun place to work
Trainer, Guest Experience Host (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PA8 September 2017
It's ok a working here but the blues are long and the first are rude good job for first timers starting there first job staff are nice to work with and the discounts are good
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Guest are rude
Productive envirnmont
Food and Beverage Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA7 September 2017
.Really quick pace and energetic to work at. Everyone was nice including the leads. Food and beverage was fun for the most part including guest services.
Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL 3388427 August 2017
Working at Legoland's Burger Kitchen was awful, The managers were very lazy, not counting one. It was one of the busiest restaurants and the coworkers were not helpful.
Pros
You get tickets to other parks.
Cons
There is no communication at all
Fun and exciting work place and a rewarding job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL20 August 2017
As a whole it was a very fulfilling job. As a lifeguard your job is to keep everyone safe,but at the same time you get to see everyone enjoying themselves.
Pros
Fun work place, free entry to the park, discounts
Cons
Worked outside in the elements
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nusajaya16 August 2017
this company provide a very funwork place and every training the workers has been tain to make our work place is fun place to work. this company also give very many benefit and high salary.
Guest Experience Lead - Retail
Retail Lead (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL31 July 2017
I oversee 5 stores in the Legoland Theme park. I love my staff, but as with any customer service type job there are definite additional challenges that are faced in day to day operations. Management and communication are vital, but not always where they need to be to be the most efficient.
A typical day includes checking stock levels, handling labor needs. Trying to maintain cleanliness and store presentation. Being able to direct guests to the solutions and answers they need. Correcting staff when there are poor judgement or violations to policy.
It requires quick thinking, a positive attitude, and the ability to remain calm.
long days long nites
host /food prep (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL15 July 2017
alot a venue to work at not in same place everyday lot a people to see alot of people to work with breaks to short not long enough canteen food ok long walk from parking lot always not enough people to do the job
Pros
tickets
Cons
attendance policy
Pretty fun, but some improvements should be added
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA10 July 2017
It's a fun place to work at, especially if you love children, but they don't train you well enough. There were plenty of situations i found myself in where i was clueless and only after was i told what to do if said situation happens again.
No job security could get fired at any moment.
Park Presentation (Former Employee) –  Windsor5 July 2017
Managers and supervisors could fire you at any minute and pay was lousy and no clicking on system with constant. Is takes in wages. Expensive food just like in central London.
Pros
Occasionally spot a celebrity.
Cons
Mistakes in wages, lousy record keeping of hours worked.
Picsolve (Former Employee) –  Windsor3 July 2017
Was okay decent hours, never failed to have short staff even with weeks of notices, some things never change, but was okay bare slough guys cant escape em