Reporting To: General Manager
Contract: Full time - Permanent
Salary: $45,000 + benefits
The LEGOLAND Discovery Centre is just like jumping into a giant box of LEGO® bricks with an abundance of all things LEGO-tastic! With three exciting LEGO rides, MINILAND featuring the iconic landmarks of the USA, a 4D cinema complete with three films, themed LEGO play and building zones, there are simply more LEGO bricks under one roof than you could ever imagine. And of course, there is a LEGO shop to pick up your LEGO favorites so you can keep on building when you get back home!
Opening in March 2013, Merlin Entertainments brings you their youngest attraction brand to the heart of Ontario, with the opening of LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Toronto. With over seven LEGOLAND Discovery Centres already, Toronto will be the first addition to the Canadian cornerstone for Merlin Entertainments roll out of new sites across the USA, Canada, Europe and Australasia.
We are now looking for an experienced HR professional to join the attraction’s Management Team. This is a standalone role and you will be responsible for managing all day to day aspects of the HR function to deliver a memorable visitor experience to our guests. You will support the attraction in achieving the HR targets as well as driving the HR function and attraction forwards. This is a great opportunity to establish yourself quickly in this fast paced new and exciting role.
- Acting as a first point of contact to provide an efficient and effective advisory HR function on all day to day operational issues, whilst ensuring compliance to current legislation, policies and procedures.
- Provides a ‘field’ based focal point for all queries on Human Resources matters.
- Provides advice on employment legislation to your Attraction. – providing consistency in approach and best practice disciplines.
- Ensuring the HR database has up to date information and employee records.
- To ensure the new starter process is followed and the correct training and documentation completed.
- Accurate data entry of payroll information on a biweekly basis.
- Maintenance of benefits system to ensure up-to-date personnel information is reflected.
- Provide support to recruitment process through coordination of interviews.
- Providing monthly HR reports to the UK head office.
Reporting to the General Manager, this is a great opportunity to combine working with an iconic, global brand and an exciting attraction concept.
You will be highly self motivated with previous HR experience with in depth knowledge of local employment legislation. This combined with your excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills will be vital in supporting the attraction and its employees to get the most out of our team members to deliver the guest experience. As well as a love for all things LEGO®, you will be able to demonstrate a passion for kids’ brands and visitor attractions.
In return, you can expect a great benefits package including pension scheme, recognition awards and continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization. As a team player, you will be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.