The Legal Services Society provides legal aid to people with low incomes in BC. Legal aid includes legal representation, advice, information, and education services.
The Legal Services Society (Legal Aid) is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor for our downtown Vancouver Regional Centre. If you want to be part of a values based organization and work with a group of energetic, individuals committed to making a positive difference for our clients, this is the role for you!
As a member of our collaborative team, your duties will be to plan, conduct and supervise audits in accordance with the department’s annual audit plan. To participate in the development of the annual audit plan and department process improvements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- CA, CGA, CMA, CIA, or CISA designation
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience in internal audit
- Minimum one (1) year supervisory experience
- Proficient with general software applications including Windows-based programs and e-mail
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly grasp complex business concepts
- Strong understanding of business processes, internal control and auditing standards
- Ability to design appropriate reports, interpret data, and prepare ad-hoc reports in easy-to-read format
- Must have strong investigative skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
Please visit our website at www.legalaid.bc.ca for further details on this position.
We offer an attractive salary rate and benefits. If you have the above qualifications, are well-organized, and can handle a heavy workload, please forward a resume and covering letter quoting competition B062-12 to:
Human Resources Department
Legal Services Society
400-510 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3A8
We would like to thank all external applicants for their interest but regret that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
The Legal Services Society is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian Society. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from aboriginal people, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities.