Leeds Employee Reviews

responsibilities of a qc inspector
qc inspector (Former Employee) –  new kensington paMarch 23, 2015
As skids of business product came off the truck , a portion of the purchase order was delivered to our area to inspect for defects in the product. After inspected the product , there was paperwork to be filled out on the purchase order and entered into the powerhouse system. If the order passes it gets sent to production to be decorated for the customer.
Working at leeds , I learned the powerhouse system , Microsoft excel , I was in charge of the sample area where samples of each item was kept.
benefits
Cons
small space / tight areas
Productive and a fun environment to meet friends
Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PASeptember 14, 2015
I come in to work, clock in and wait till the team lead gives us our tasks for the day. Most of the time they have me at the end of the conveyor belt packing and putting stuff in boxes. Some days I will be on machine putting recycling bags on plates for the machine to put ink on them. They machine decorates the bags with company logos that get shipped out all over the world. Management was nice most of the time but when it was busy they tend to put people under to much pressure. My coworkers were pretty cool. They would help me out if I ever needed help. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the required amount of bags a day. The most enjoyable part was getting to see more and more company logos printed and getting to chill with my coworkers
Pros
Learning new stuff and chilling with my coworkers
Cons
Under too much pressure during busy time
Very little mangement communication and strcture
production supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PANovember 18, 2015
Very little communication by upper management to production area. Lacked an overall goal oriented structure. Did learn to manage and solve problems very quickly.
poorly structured work enviroment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 2, 2014
Work schedules fluctuated on a daily basis. Management would take on more work for their teams than possible to produce on a daily basis with a poorly trained staff. Management did not follow an open door policy with the workers. While I was a supervisor there, I made sure my teams knew they could approach me with ideas, etc.
Health benefits were average and so was vacation time.
Their inventory was a mess and being a manufacturing company, they didn't have a good quality system in place. Overall, I can see why this company closed their satellite plant.
Cons
no breaks, long work days
great hourly people but work day very unpredictable
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 17, 2013
a typical day was 12hr minimum, management was unstable, coworkers were good people but not trained properly and we were not staffed with a trained QA to sign off all product leaving the dock. The work schedule fluctuated daily and many times, the manager would send the hourly home and make the area supervisors finish the work since we were salary and believe me, that happened quite often. Bad set up, poorly managed workplace.
I learned nothing positive from this work experience.
Pros
met some great people there
Cons
no breaks and very unstable work schedule
Promotional, fast paced.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAJanuary 11, 2016
I would work there again. Overall not a bad place to work if you like long day's and hrs. New owners, not sure about conditions there now.
Was good
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PANovember 9, 2015
At first i loved my job.. i didnt mind the 10 hour days or the 12s 6,7 days a week. but after bullet line sent people up to try and fix it.. all it did was create this masive problem and now we cant get anyone to work there which i wouldnt recomend it to anyone anymore
Pros
good co workers
Cons
strict on time off, lousy pay ask way to much of you
too physical not enough pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Burrell, PASeptember 30, 2015
the company requires too much for little pay. it would be fine if the pay was better. no major requirements, just unload boxes from semi-trailers and restock in the warehouse
Pros
alwyas had 40+ hours
Cons
pay rate
American Sweat Shop
Order Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAAugust 24, 2015
Terrible experience, 12 hour days 6 to 7 days a week mandatory at times. Forced to leaving as they would not work with a breastfeeding mother.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life outside of work, unwilling to work with you including for health reasons
Okay place to work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burrell, PAAugust 10, 2015
In the grand scheme of things its not terrible just has a few internal problems. They have a high turn over rate making it hard to keep good employees there.
Relatively productive place but very poor communication
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAFebruary 3, 2014
I got to move around a lot. My co-workers were easy to get along with. Communication was very poor. The managers and the people upstairs had work phones but usually didn't respond when our coordinator would attempt to call them to get answers for certain problems. Instead they would rather use e-mail to answer questions about problems. They also had a tendency of taking their time in responding, especially during inventory. The biggest lack of communication problem was between warehouse 2 and warehouse 3. They didn't get certain products down in time forcing us to have to send someone up there and taking out time that could be used getting work done in our warehouse just so we could get orders out in time.
packed boxes in 100 degree heat
Package Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAJuly 28, 2013
work enviroment was horrible people were rude and it was very drama filled. very hot, and they make up lies to get you fired.
fast paced and very work oriented
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAJanuary 9, 2013
i would start at 2:00 then i would go with sombody at a machine and start unpacking boxes of product for that person and would pack back up once product was done then ship out any orders that were there and occasionaly if there was a large order would use pallet jack to take pallets to shipping and wrap them for shipping
office assistant
Legal/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 5, 2014
attorneys were fine to work with but inter office politics with paralegals and receptionists were unnecessary and highly unprofessional
great place to work just to far of a comute
machinist (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNJuly 31, 2012
i set-up cnc mills and ran the parts neededi would come in start up the machines get my work load for the day lay out the material set-up the mills run the parts tear it down when done start over agian.
Pros
good learning experiance
Cons
to far to travel
Fun coworkers
Order Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 19, 2014
I responded to emails and orders that were submitted to the company.

Talked to customers that needed any issues resolved.

Handled any issues with production that came about.
Cons
too much overtime
o Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAAugust 29, 2012
It was always a typical day at work. The hardest part of the job was taking the hot products off of the line.

2.8