Leeds Building Society

Leeds Building Society Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great colleagues poor job
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), LeedsJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: lovely colleagues and customers
Cons: no flexibility, poor salary, targets
Salary seemed fair at first but once you become competent in your job expectations and job load become higher but there is no increment in your pay. Managers get paid a huge amount but what that actually do is not that much have very much "do as I say and not as I do attitude" good scope for progression but only if you are full time and willing to travel. Lack of consistency between branches regarding processes which can be confusing. "No targets" is the main topic within LBS but this is clearly not the case, targets are now known as outcomes but are still pressured to get these along with additional pressure regarding mystery shops. Never congratulate for a job well done but quick to bite for any mistakes. No consistency, the lovely colleagues are the only motivation in this job.
Enjoyable work, but the rest isn't brilliant
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), LeedsDecember 4, 2014
Pros: friendly customers. approachable colleagues.
Cons: poor salary. blame culture
Too many graduates brought in on short-term contracts with false promises about future roles.

Outdated systems and processes making service standards unattainable.

Good vision from the top to the bottom, but very little activity getting these visions into practice.

Very scrooge-like in the pay packages. No bonus packages available. Very de-motivating for entry level workers.

A deep-rooted blame culture exists.

Friendly customer-base and some of the projects in place make the work itself interesting.
Friendly
Administrator (Former Employee), LeedsOctober 21, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: pay
Co-workers are what this this a wonderful place to work the are so friendly and helpful and this was one of the main reasons i stayed for so long. The working day was very hands on and with the expection of doing a team players work load as well as compiling one to one's monthly and monthly MI. Whilst this was a hardest part of the job at times it made me manage mine and other teams players time better. Management is very varid thoughout the company but one thing that seems consistance in my experience is that when promorting from within its who you know not what you know.
Productive and busy workplace
Administrator (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGApril 29, 2014
Pros: great work experience of a real working life
Cons: long journey travelling
When I worked at Leeds Building Society a typical day was never the same as the previous one. There was some things that were the same but the queries that I had to work with were always different each day. I learned how to use new software's and how it really is in the work place with other people. The management at Leeds Building Society was very helpful and patient. They were also very generous as it was summer they got everyone ice creams and drinks. They also organised nights out for the work colleagues. The co-workers were also very generous and helpful in training me up. They helped to show how things are done. The hardest part of the job was deciding which unnamed post went to who. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making new friends and working closely with them.
Family Based Friendly working environment
National Operations Manager (Current Employee), LeedsApril 6, 2014
A good company to work for at the sharp end of Mutual Building Societies
Enjoyable Work Load
Intern (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGOctober 3, 2013
Pros: long lunch break, great collegues.
Cons: long hours
I really enjoyed working at Leeds Building Society as working there has given me the experience of the workplace and from working there I now have the confidence to show off my skills and talk infront of large crowds.
Great place to work.
ISA Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Head Office - LeedsSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: good benefit system.
Cons: ...
I worked there for a few months on a temp contract. Enjoyed every single day. Great place to work.
A fair compnay to work for, but very sales motivated
Cashiering, Customer Services and Admin (Current Employee), Whitley BayJuly 11, 2013
Pros: face to face contact with customers
Cons: sales targets
I work as a Customer services advisor on the counter/enquiry desk of the local branch, typically dealing with day to day transactions for customers.
The enquiry desk work can be very varied, from dealing with customer queries to registering the death of a customer.
I have a good working relationship with my fellow employees and we gel together well as a team.
The role of customer services has recently changed to be more sales focused, requiring out-bound telephone calls to customers to be made, an aspect of the job that I do not enjoy.
I really enjoy the face to face contact with customers and all aspect of banking administration
Few opportunities to advance
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), LeedsJuly 8, 2013
Working for Leeds Building Society presented few opportunities for career progression or advancement.

Management did not provide sufficient opportunities, and there was often a stressful working environment due to a lack of staff.
proactive and fun workplaces
Team Player (Current Employee), York, ENGJune 17, 2013
Really for-filling workplace, lovely people and well run.
Old fashioned working practices - blame culture
customer services (Former Employee), leedsMay 18, 2013
They expect a lot from staff for little reward or recognition... not such a 'great place to work'.
Great Colleagues
Administrator (Current Employee), Head OfficeMarch 4, 2013
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: low paid salaries
Every day past quickly as I was always sufficiently busy
I have learned to adapt to change.
Management is varied within the company. I have a great manger.
Hardest part of the job is getting use to dated systems and processes.
Most enjoyable is the people you work with.
Lack of flexibility and work life balance
Middle management (Former Employee), LeedsOctober 30, 2012
Pros: city centre location
Cons: lack of self empowerment, blame culture
My co-workers were great and the team got you through the difficult times. Management do not live by the Society values.
Family friendly
Customer Advisor. (Current Employee), Silverlink North Shields.August 30, 2012
Pros: discounted mortgage rate.
Cons: no breaks at busy periods.
.Call handling general query's regarding mortgages and investments.Complaint handling and cross selling of insurance products.
I learned customer service skills,credit data managing and mortgage and insurance products,i also learned investment products such as isa's and fixed rate bonds.
I learned how to participate in team work and share knowledge.
Sorting outstanding problems for customers was the most satisfying part of the position.
ok not that good place
customer adviser (Former Employee), leedsAugust 23, 2012
Cons: lots
management team is not open and honest -.......................

About Leeds Building Society

Leeds Building Society is the UK's 5th largest building societies and has an excellent reputation for customer service. It has – Read more

Leeds Building Society Photos