Leeds Building Society Employee Reviews

Good Company
Asset and Liability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 July 2017
Good company to work for. Good staff, enjoyed working with colleagues. disliked the way in which good members of staff were over looked for promotion in favour of less able but over qualified new recruits. Left to retrain in another industry.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Leeds2 June 2017
I work as a senior credit controller and enjoyed the time at Leeds Building Society. I am part of a team and culture in our team does help each other. We motivate each other and team members are very helpful.
Good Company
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 May 2017
Very friendly workplace environment/ relaxed atmosphere. They have a development program to help you progress within the society. Senior management always visible. Flexible working hours. Downside is pay is poor.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Pay
Fantastic company
Possession sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 April 2017
This company felt like a family. They specialise in making you feel welcome and extremely appreciated. There always great opportunities to progress within the organisation
Good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  North East11 April 2017
Great colleagues and nice customers really busy and great branch to work in.
Great cash management skills as well as ordering and dealing with large sums.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Repetative working pattern
Very great company
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire21 March 2017
Smaller Financial company but they have been around for a very long time.

Trusted business, with great customer focus.
Their products and rates are competitive with similar larger businesses.
Pros
comission, incentives
Cons
Quite a difficult place to work due to take over. Formerly known as Mercantile Building Society.
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  Durham City Centre, Durham13 January 2017
Following take over my Mortgage Advisors role was relocated to head office based at Silver link Business Park in Newcastle as this was too far for me to travel I was asked to work from another branch as a General Advisor.

The training is good and easy to put into practice.

Management used Peer pressure to motivate employees.

Co-workers needed to concentrate on themselves.

Hardest part of the job was to gain any job satisfaction..
Reasonable company to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton6 December 2016
Reasonable company to work for - typical banking sector performance and benefits. team of customer focused staff aiming to provide the best products to suit customer needs.
Great Starting Platform
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne27 September 2016
When starting my career, this is the only place I could find willing to take the chance on me with no experience. Offer good progression call centre to mortgage consultant to trainee mortgage advisor then mortgage advisor.
Cons
Fun and friendly place to work
Senior Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG3 February 2016
Very Busy, not enough staff and not enough trainers to train new starters or existing employers who want to progress, However there are Excellent benefits, and a friendly place to work, there are loads of monthly social events and work parties, Chilled place to work
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Friendly Place to work
Cons
Poor Management, Not enough opportunities to progress further in your career
Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle Silverlink23 February 2015
Can be busy but not too bad. Targets are very much a focus there is a bonus for achieving results. Good training and friendly staff.
Pros
Helpful colleagues. Good working environment.
Cons
Delays in traffic due to location. Working weekends.
Great colleagues poor job
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds16 January 2015
Salary seemed fair at first but once you become competent in your job expectations and job load become higher but there is no increment in your pay. Managers get paid a huge amount but what that actually do is not that much have very much "do as I say and not as I do attitude" good scope for progression but only if you are full time and willing to travel. Lack of consistency between branches regarding processes which can be confusing. "No targets" is the main topic within LBS but this is clearly not the case, targets are now known as outcomes but are still pressured to get these along with additional pressure regarding mystery shops. Never congratulate for a job well done but quick to bite for any mistakes. No consistency, the lovely colleagues are the only motivation in this job.
Pros
Lovely colleagues and customers
Cons
no flexibility, poor salary, Targets
Enjoyable work, but the rest isn't brilliant
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds4 December 2014
Too many graduates brought in on short-term contracts with false promises about future roles.

Outdated systems and processes making service standards unattainable.

Good vision from the top to the bottom, but very little activity getting these visions into practice.

Very scrooge-like in the pay packages. No bonus packages available. Very de-motivating for entry level workers.

A deep-rooted blame culture exists.

Friendly customer-base and some of the projects in place make the work itself interesting.
Pros
Friendly customers. Approachable Colleagues.
Cons
Poor Salary. Blame Culture
Friendly
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds21 October 2014
Co-workers are what this this a wonderful place to work the are so friendly and helpful and this was one of the main reasons i stayed for so long. The working day was very hands on and with the expection of doing a team players work load as well as compiling one to one's monthly and monthly MI. Whilst this was a hardest part of the job at times it made me manage mine and other teams players time better. Management is very varid thoughout the company but one thing that seems consistance in my experience is that when promorting from within its who you know not what you know.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Pay
Productive and busy workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG29 April 2014
When I worked at Leeds Building Society a typical day was never the same as the previous one. There was some things that were the same but the queries that I had to work with were always different each day. I learned how to use new software's and how it really is in the work place with other people. The management at Leeds Building Society was very helpful and patient. They were also very generous as it was summer they got everyone ice creams and drinks. They also organised nights out for the work colleagues. The co-workers were also very generous and helpful in training me up. They helped to show how things are done. The hardest part of the job was deciding which unnamed post went to who. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making new friends and working closely with them.
Pros
Great work experience of a real working life
Cons
Long journey travelling
Family Based Friendly working environment
National Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds6 April 2014
A good company to work for at the sharp end of Mutual Building Societies
Enjoyable Work Load
Intern (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG3 October 2013
I really enjoyed working at Leeds Building Society as working there has given me the experience of the workplace and from working there I now have the confidence to show off my skills and talk infront of large crowds.
Pros
Long lunch break, great collegues.
Great place to work.
ISA Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Head Office - Leeds11 September 2013
I worked there for a few months on a temp contract. Enjoyed every single day. Great place to work.
Pros
Good benefit system.
Cons
...
A fair compnay to work for, but very sales motivated
Cashiering, Customer Services and Admin (Current Employee) –  Whitley Bay11 July 2013
I work as a Customer services advisor on the counter/enquiry desk of the local branch, typically dealing with day to day transactions for customers.
The enquiry desk work can be very varied, from dealing with customer queries to registering the death of a customer.
I have a good working relationship with my fellow employees and we gel together well as a team.
The role of customer services has recently changed to be more sales focused, requiring out-bound telephone calls to customers to be made, an aspect of the job that I do not enjoy.
I really enjoy the face to face contact with customers and all aspect of banking administration
Pros
Face to face contact with customers
Cons
Sales targets
Few opportunities to advance
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds8 July 2013
Working for Leeds Building Society presented few opportunities for career progression or advancement.

Management did not provide sufficient opportunities, and there was often a stressful working environment due to a lack of staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leeds Building Society. Our community is ready to answer.