Leeds Building Society

Leeds Building Society Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and busy workplace
Administrator (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGApril 29, 2014
Pros: great work experience of a real working life
Cons: long journey travelling
When I worked at Leeds Building Society a typical day was never the same as the previous one. There was some things that were the same but the queries that I had to work with were always different each day. I learned how to use new software's and how it really is in the work place with other people. The management at Leeds Building Society was very – more... helpful and patient. They were also very generous as it was summer they got everyone ice creams and drinks. They also organised nights out for the work colleagues. The co-workers were also very generous and helpful in training me up. They helped to show how things are done. The hardest part of the job was deciding which unnamed post went to who. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making new friends and working closely with them. – less
Family Based Friendly working environment
National Operations Manager (Current Employee), LeedsApril 6, 2014
A good company to work for at the sharp end of Mutual Building Societies
Enjoyable Work Load
Intern (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGOctober 3, 2013
Pros: long lunch break, great collegues.
Cons: long hours
I really enjoyed working at Leeds Building Society as working there has given me the experience of the workplace and from working there I now have the confidence to show off my skills and talk infront of large crowds.
Great place to work.
ISA Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Head Office - LeedsSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: good benefit system.
Cons: ...
I worked there for a few months on a temp contract. Enjoyed every single day. Great place to work.
A fair compnay to work for, but very sales motivated
Cashiering, Customer Services and Admin (Current Employee), Whitley BayJuly 11, 2013
Pros: face to face contact with customers
Cons: sales targets
I work as a Customer services advisor on the counter/enquiry desk of the local branch, typically dealing with day to day transactions for customers.
The enquiry desk work can be very varied, from dealing with customer queries to registering the death of a customer.
I have a good working relationship with my fellow employees and we gel together well – more... as a team.
The role of customer services has recently changed to be more sales focused, requiring out-bound telephone calls to customers to be made, an aspect of the job that I do not enjoy.
I really enjoy the face to face contact with customers and all aspect of banking administration – less
Few opportunities to advance
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), LeedsJuly 8, 2013
Working for Leeds Building Society presented few opportunities for career progression or advancement.

Management did not provide sufficient opportunities, and there was often a stressful working environment due to a lack of staff.
proactive and fun workplaces
Team Player (Current Employee), York, ENGJune 17, 2013
Really for-filling workplace, lovely people and well run.
Old fashioned working practices - blame culture
customer services (Former Employee), leedsMay 18, 2013
They expect a lot from staff for little reward or recognition... not such a 'great place to work'.
Great Colleagues
Administrator (Current Employee), Head OfficeMarch 4, 2013
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: low paid salaries
Every day past quickly as I was always sufficiently busy
I have learned to adapt to change.
Management is varied within the company. I have a great manger.
Hardest part of the job is getting use to dated systems and processes.
Most enjoyable is the people you work with.
Lack of flexibility and work life balance
Middle management (Former Employee), LeedsOctober 30, 2012
Pros: city centre location
Cons: lack of self empowerment, blame culture
My co-workers were great and the team got you through the difficult times. Management do not live by the Society values.
Family friendly
Customer Advisor. (Current Employee), Silverlink North Shields.August 30, 2012
Pros: discounted mortgage rate.
Cons: no breaks at busy periods.
.Call handling general query's regarding mortgages and investments.Complaint handling and cross selling of insurance products.
I learned customer service skills,credit data managing and mortgage and insurance products,i also learned investment products such as isa's and fixed rate bonds.
I learned how to participate in team work and share knowledge.
Sorting – more... outstanding problems for customers was the most satisfying part of the position. – less
ok not that good place
customer adviser (Former Employee), leedsAugust 23, 2012
Cons: lots
management team is not open and honest -.......................

About Leeds Building Society

Leeds Building Society is the UK's 5th largest building societies and has an excellent reputation for customer service. It has – Read more

Leeds Building Society Photos