Lee Specialties designs and manufactures pressure control equipment, production logging tools, logging system and related equipment for the cased-hole wireline service industry.
Established in 1999, Lee Specialties now employs more than 125 people at our Red Deer, Alberta facilities, which means we have doubled our employees since 2009. We proudly serve both the national and international markets and are currently expanding our facilities into the USA with the opening of our new sister company, Lee Specialties (USA). We employ the gamut of vocations from skilled tradespeople to professional and are looking for out of the box thinkers to join our growing staff.
The best and most talented people form the Lee Specialties team. Together, we make the innovations come alive.
As a result of continued growth and expansion we are seeking a Machinist to join our team.
The Machinist produces high quality products in an efficient and timely manner.
- Operating machines; conventional turning, milling machines and CNC machines, in accordance with approved, safe work procedures,
- Machining parts, ensuring conformance to specifications,
- Completing work orders and associated documents,
- With knowledge of supervisor, may provide technical assistance to the Engineering Department during the development of new, or modified product design,
- Conducting regular routine maintenance operations on shop equipment in accordance with pre-defined schedules to minimize downtime
- Machining for internal and external customers, may be required for on call services
- Ensuring the integrity of all the measuring devices is maintained,
- Report to supervisor any requirements for tools, parts and supplies.
- Expanding knowledge of company products and services,
- Correctly interpret engineering drawings.
- Carrying out other job related tasks from time to time as assigned by a supervisor or request for assistance as needed
QUALIFICATIONS and Experience
- Journeyman Machinist Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Ability read and interpret shop drawings.
- Attention to detail and high quality
- Previous Oilfield equipment experience an asset
- API/ISO knowledge an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovative Designs. Innovative Solutions.