Junior Mechanical Engineer
Lee Specialties designs and manufactures pressure control equipment, production logging tools, logging system and related equipment for the cased-hole wireline service industry.
Established in 1999, Lee Specialties now employs more than 160 people at our Red Deer, Alberta facilities and nearly 100 in our U.S. locations. We proudly serve both the national and international markets and are currently expanding with more facilities in Canada, USA and Mexico. We employ the gamut of vocations from skilled tradespeople to professional and are looking for out of the box thinkers to join our growing staff.
The best and most talented people form the Lee Specialties team. Together, we make the innovations come alive.
We are seeking a Junior Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
As a new member to the Engineering Team, your initial responsibilities will be research and documentation relating to our diverse product line. Exposure to our design standards, methodology, and products will form the basis of knowledge in which you will apply to the design of our equipment and the implementation of industry standards.
- Design mechanical assemblies and components for pressure control equipment
- Design mechanical assemblies and components for our entire product line as required
- Complete accurate documentation of design work
- Assist with assembly and testing of prototypes
- Assist with implementing department procedures and policies to support the Engineering department
- Provide support to on-floor technicians during construction and testing stages
- Troubleshoot problems with existing equipment, mentor and provide sound advice
- Keep abreast of new technologies and infuse new ideas into the department
- Provide technical assistance to technical writer for users and assembly manuals
- Managing project progress, milestones and deadlines
- Present project updates to colleagues
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Liaise with customers regarding projects
- Complete projects and other duties as assigned by manager
- Become prolific with inventor with use of tutorials and practice
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Ability to register with APEGA as an E.I.T.
- Experience with Inventor or Solidworks software
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong technical, oral, and written communication skills
Please provide cover letter, resume, and references with attention to Human Resources
Mail: Lee Specialties
7739 Edgar Industrial Way
Red Deer, AB, T4P 3R2 Canada
Fax: (403) 347-3312
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.