Ledcor Employee Reviews

Good company
Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2017
I work as a support for all divisions.

Ledcor is a good company to work for. The people really make the organization. People are willing to help each other. Quality and innovation are important, even if it may be stifled by old school habits.

Leadership, just like in every organization, there are good ones and bad ones. Unfortunately, the bad ones are protected by the old boys club. The good news, is they are slowly retiring. There is a shift that is happening which is what the organization needs in order to survive.
Pros
People, skills development
Cons
Opportunities for advancement in some areas are limited
Great Job
Plumber/Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 February 2017
Ledcor has been great to work for in the pass. They believe in safety,working as a team and workman ship on a protect, Always room for advancement and other opportunities.
Phenomenal Stepping Stone
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 February 2017
For anyone who is looking to change their lives and pursue dreams and goals, LTS is a awesome environment to build grit, character, improve communication skills and expand one's network.
Who you know atmosphere.
Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 February 2017
A new employee was hired 2 weeks prior to my being laid off. She had zero experience in this field, but her husband was in Management. I had been working there for 1 year, I got laid off and feel I was replaced by this lady who lacked knowledge and qualifications.
Safety was a top priority at all times with strict practices. Lots of fresh air with this job as well
Working with ledcor
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 February 2017
Working with ledcor has been a great experience for me I have grown from a labour to a foreman with this company and think of them as my family... I don't wanna leave but we got pushed out of camp pay cuts and having to pay rent in town now it's making things hard to get ahead ... over all great company!!
Pros
Great company to work for!
Cons
No camp pay cuts
Excellent place to work .
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
I learned a great deal from Ledcor management over the past 15+ Years . Due to the down turn in the economy I have had to seek work elsewhere and bring that experience with me . I look forward to any challenges from high rises to bridges and of course oil and gas.
Pros
Good friendly people and great opportunities
Cons
One of the worst employers around
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 February 2017
Worked in the finance area and had the wrong experience ever. Ego ridden management with no education what so ever or support. Managers there are all duds.

Erp system is not used to the max. Only used for reporting. Expect no system to help you besides excel
Pros
Cons
Poor management, long hours, no communication, ERP equals job ERP.
Very professional, safety orientated, productive company, mostly with fly in fly out camp jobs.
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB15 February 2017
10 hr work days, bus to and from camp, 14 days on, 7 off. Meals cooked, clean private rooms. Great health facilities ie gym.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long travel days
Productive learned lots
FIRST/SECOND YEAR ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB14 February 2017
Spent a full year there , learned a lot as a first year! A lot of guys there were willing to teach so it made it easy! Hours were okay , would recommend for good pay and good if you lived in the city.
a crew with safety as priority #1
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC14 February 2017
all in it had a great group of people and fun to work with. There was a very nice camp that we stayed at, the food was good and lots to take as lunches.
Great company
GHT work coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta12 February 2017
Very safe and friendly to everyone. Great company to pipefit for. Management were friendly and opportunities are presented to those who work hard.
Excellent company, great management, great culture
Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB10 February 2017
As an apprentice welder, it is hard to gain experience because there are not many jobs that do not require B pressure. You will mostly be fitting pipe or doing other laborer type tasks.
Pros
Great management and people. Great safety culture
Cons
Hard for apprentice welders to learn
expect to work long hours
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 February 2017
good Canadian company, expect to work long hours and it very male dominated. Lots of room for movement and growth as the company is so large. Generally good people, family feel, good benefits.
Pros
good benefits, room for advancement
Cons
long hours, old boys club feel.
Fun place to work
Pipefitter apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 February 2017
Good company,great people mots of times they try to keep you busy thru out the project and with option to move transfer to other projects and by far they pay better than most companies out there
Great company to work for , great Team
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB31 January 2017
Very good company to work for , dedicated to its employees. Great leaders in the community
Opportunity to grow and work within a great Team Environment.
Company cares about your career and likes to promote within.
A buisy and rewarding work
Experienced Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lac des zill mine30 January 2017
I had a great time working for Ledcor. The hours were long, but the work was rewarding. I look forward to working another contract in the near future.
Great place
Piping Foreman (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB29 January 2017
Worked on and off for over 20 years got my journeyman tickets through Ledcor industrial I have worked a lot of locations over the years even as a GF at Fire bag Suncor would like to join the group again where there is employment. Very good management and good benifits
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
non
Install and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2017
Ledcor was a great place to work. Continual education and career advancement is a major component of the business. The job culture is one of work life balance.
Good, safety conscious company to work for
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 January 2017
I had a very positive experience working for Ledcor. Project management were approachable and focused on all employees working safely and enjoying life.
Pros
Good camp
Cons
Away from home
Good company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 January 2017
Typically a 10 hour day with some chances to work a 12. Management was easy to talk to. The co workers where great to work with and easy to get along.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.