Ledcor Employee Reviews

Install and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2017
Ledcor was a great place to work. Continual education and career advancement is a major component of the business. The job culture is one of work life balance.
Good, safety conscious company to work for
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 January 2017
I had a very positive experience working for Ledcor. Project management were approachable and focused on all employees working safely and enjoying life.
Pros
Good camp
Cons
Away from home
Good company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 January 2017
Typically a 10 hour day with some chances to work a 12. Management was easy to talk to. The co workers where great to work with and easy to get along.
Was a good learning experience
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB24 January 2017
Overall I thought it was good. I had the chance to meet some good people with good ideas.
The work was steady with the chance to work Saturdays if you wanted.
I think that the office needs to get a little more in touch with what is happening outside though. I felt, and i experienced it first hand that decisions wound by made and then changed
Pros
good hours and wage
Cons
the communication between the workers and the office staff definatly needs to be bridged
High production
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB24 January 2017
Great company but as always the industry has problem with keeping employees employed. Very political. If you're with "in crowd" they re-hire, if not, layoffs occur too often. Hence I never called back. I was ther to work not make friends with the boss. Those that were had plenty of opportunities.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Too much favouritism
good job.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Thunderbay, Ontario23 January 2017
I really enjoyed working with Ledcor. the company was very organized and professional. The management took good care of its workers and gave us respect.
although the superintendant would drive around the site and try to instill fear in to his workers. it was very uncomfortable when he was around. the rest of the time was a pleasant work environment.
Pros
paid for flights.
Cons
the one superintendant was not a company man.
average
Operator (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB23 January 2017
canadian company i would work for them again without the same managment. moved up fast but also lied to and agreements were not held up
Productive work place, enjoy the crews, work with a lot of great people,
Journeyman/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2017
Ledcor is good group of guys to work with. The supervisors are knowledgeable about the task and easy to talk and ask questions.
They keep a relatively steady stream of work and would work with employees for scheduling needed time off.
Productive work place, enjoyed the crew, work a lot of great people, great company to work for then there's is work.
Welcoming work environment and friendly employee.
Pros
High wages, work life balance, free lunches, great atmosphere, flights and camp's, company derectors, opportunity for advancement, accommodation provided
Cons
Commission based salary, The best part about working for Ledcor was everyone gathering after work for activities, developing good working relationship throughout the crews.
great team
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 January 2017
great company, well organized, good to there employees , pays well, good leaders,fair , very safe working environment, Great safety team, all around good company.
Pros
very safe and organized
Cons
Great company, better safety culture.
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 January 2017
Not a single day I went to work for Ledcor I felt safety wasn't the top priority and focus of the company. Every task was approached with a level of professionalism and safe culture that made me and my peers feel much more comfortable when at work. This job was nearing its end when I got to site so the hardest part was figuring out where everything was located on such a congested site. Management did a very good job in organizing the work so the job could be completed on time. I enjoyed the positive work attitude that was brought into the safety meetings every morning.
Pros
safe work culture
Cons
no chance for advancement
job specification at work sight
Journey man Iron worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Reading and interpretation of drawing and blue prints to lay out

work. unload and position steel units so that each piece can be

hoisted as required . signal crane operator to position steel units

accordibg to blue prints. align and weld or bolt steel units in place.
Amazing Work Culture
Project Accountant/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Such a fun and innovative place to work! I made friends that will last a lifetime and have nothing but good things to say about Ledcor!
Best place ive ever worked
Materials Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
i would not work for another company if i had a choice love that they donate and keep me safe so i can go home at the end of the day
Pros
great place
Cons
ur working outside
Slow paced safe place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 January 2017
Ledcor provides a safe environment to work in but is not always organized to the best of its ability and doesn't always communicate very effectively with its employees. It provides a good salary and benefits.
Pros
salary
Cons
outside work
bad
Telus Install and Repair technician (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  victoria bc15 January 2017
they kept doing bi yearly layoffs and did not treat its staff as humans i would not recemend anyone work for them in any manner
Not managed very well
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB14 January 2017
Good pay poor management. couldn't organize 10 people let alone 300. Always ran out of materials, and constantly fell behind on
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2017
Ledcor was a great place to work. Great people and good leadership. The wage and benefits were great as well. Above average wage at the time. Haven't worked there in awhile so i dont know about the wage anymore.
Excellent company.
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 January 2017
It's good to be part of one of the leading company in oil and gas industry. I learned a lot about my skills and I enjoy meeting new pipefitter friends.
Excellent work culture. Management very approachable.
Instrumentation/G.H.T./Hydro Testing Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2017
I have worked for Ledcor for numerous years. They allow an individual to advance. A very professional organization. Ledcor walks the talk when it comes to safety and having the best interests of their employees in mind. Ledcor's management teams are very approachable, always willing to listen, no matter what your role is within the company they will have time for you. They treat everyone with respect.
Hated my time there
HR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton10 January 2017
Egos, nothing but egos. I hated every minute I spent at this organization. Especially as a woman, you had to play the game to get anywhere. Disgusting,
Pros
Good events, charitable
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, sexism, too much ego

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval