Ledcor Employee Reviews

its great
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 April 2017
you will learn and grow more in this company then you will anywhere else, strongly suggest working for this company even if its only for 6 months, best stepping stone
its fun working with the company, co-workers are warm & friendly.
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 April 2017
its very interesting working with the company, superiors and subordinates are easy to work and approachable in nature. the safety department really cares for the safety of the workers and the company as a whole is environmental friendly.
Pros
camp provided is average.
Cons
Great work place and coworkers
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 April 2017
Great coworkers great management great all over experience with the company. I loved that job and the people that I worked with I would work for them again
Pros
Just awesome place to work
Cons
Lack of work
Productive, fun and satisfying
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB31 March 2017
Very satisfying to work qualified people who share their knowledge
I managed to learn what my job is about and the best way to complete every task assigned to me. The management always showed appreciation to the workers which made us feel worthy and accomplished for that period of time. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was working as a team to complete what was assigned to us as well as solving complex problems
Pipefitter Leadhand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 March 2017
Lots of OT, good craft, good management.
parking lot was not big enough for all craft when manned up.
work was consistent, had decent amount of equipment
Pros
good craft and management
Cons
not enough parking when manned up
Good safety culture
pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 March 2017
Best company ever...Safety standards are high...Mentorship program is great...Management is good and very experienced in their positions..When you work for Ledcor you know you have a long term job,,,it's not a confused company, that hires people this week and lays them off 2 weeks later.
No loyalty to new employees
Industrial Instrumentation Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 March 2017
Excellent Safety program, with decent management, but no much loyalty given to new employees on a term or temporary position such as large projects. Hired one day released the next with little or no warning.
Pros
Good Pay and benefits
Cons
No loyalty
Good job.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2017
This was a good company to work for. The job hours were exactly what were expected. Hourly rate was decent. There was a strong safety culter as well. I would work for this company again in the future.
Great workplace
Skilled Labourer/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
Enjoyed working for Ledcor. Always felt like a safe environment and the coworkers were fantastic. A shortage of work once again left me searching for something more steady at the time.
Very safety oriented work site
1st Year Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB21 March 2017
Great work atmosphere, knowledgeable Journeyman that have taught new many new skills. Ledcor provided training for several safety tickets. Good crew that made the day at work very enjoyable.
Great company to work for
Ironworker Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 March 2017
I have worked for ledcor on a few projects they have a strong safety culture .They take all steps to provide quality training programs.They treat people pretty good.
Pros
Good safety culture
Cons
You don't know how long the job is going to last
Very stressful workplace, long work hours, reduce pay, no union
Technician (Former Employee) –  British Columbia14 March 2017
Job is extremely demanding and stressful. Management keep meetings but nobody act upon technician concerns. The company is only concern about their bottom line profit. Work culture is low although supervisors sometime try to improve the relationship between management and workers.

Every worker acts like an independent contractor as there are no union. Worker feel afraid and intimidated of losing their work so they are afraid to speak out.

You have the opportunity to earn a good pay if to can stand up to the ash working conditions and work hard to achieve the high work measures that they set out for technician to achieve.
Pros
Can earn a good pay but have to work extremely hard for it
Cons
Poor work culture. Workers are afraid of loosing their job. Short lived career
Productive Learning experience
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 March 2017
LSS has been one of the best companies to work for. My manager was my friend, who showed me what is respect, honesty, and integrity, trusted me and empower me to deliver the best of me. The people, multicultural too, diverse in education and culture, just increased my life experience and knowledge in how to deal not only with adversity but with grateful people. Definitely, I would love to work with them again, without hesitation.
Pros
Hard work, integrity, empowerment, gratitud
Cons
Rivalry, shortage of work
Great Comany lots of Overtime
Construction/ Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB13 March 2017
I worked all nights at Ledcor which I loved along side some great journeyman which thought me a lot. The management was good and they treaded all employees well.
Pros
Lot of Overtime
Cons
Long drive to work
Progressive and innovative place to work
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 March 2017
Ledcor is an innovative company to work for with an impressive safety culture and a company that welcomes input from its work force to improve its work practices.
Journeyman Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Canada11 March 2017
the workplace itself is good enough and the most enjoyable part is being able to learn while working. the hardest part of working is the unpredictable weather.
What I've learned from Ledcor
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 March 2017
In my experience working for this company i was able to acquire several valued skills associated with working in the fast paced world of oil and gas. Overall a great place to gather and refine workmanship.
far travel's , but overall good workplace
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, AB11 March 2017
grading pipe corridors and trenches , running bobcat and roller.
laboring running pumps and diverting water while grading and working close with surveyors.
Pros
all accommodations payed
Cons
long 80 hours a week
Overall, Ledcor is a fun family atmosphere to work in
CONTRACT WELDER, NISKU MOD YARD (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB10 March 2017
A typical work day starts with safety meetings/toolbox talk and very importantly, stretching! After that workers are assigned to a crew where he/she is given a specific task! We are encouraged by management to work as one culture in the workplace to achieve success on the whole as a group and not as an individual! which creates a positive atmosphere! The hardest part of the job is not enough tools and other workers not showing up for work! the most enjoyable is working with people with positive attributes/attitude and showing pride in their work!
Pros
Consistent training, safety bonus'/reward
Cons
Bad road conditions driving to site
Great company to work for
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2017
Corporate office in Vancouver BC, with an office in Edmonton Alberta. Operations in northern BC and northern Alberta. Some operations, mostly construction, in Manitoba

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.