Ledcor Employee Reviews

Great company to work for, I just need more time with my family.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 October 2012
I decided it was time for a career change as I was burnt out and stressed out as a broker. I landed a job with Ledcor due to a family member. I have moved up very quickly due to initiative, asking a lot of questions and the willingness to work with others. I moved from laborer to Project Coordinator to now being trained as a foreman in the major earth works, civil area. Ledcor has given me a wealth of knowledge in varying aspects of the job. I am definately richer for the experience. It just turns out that I want to be with my family, if I can find appropriate employment.
Transportation/Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 March 2016
Enjoyable work place, love working for this company. Great people to work with, very family and safety oriented company.
good place to work, consistent and always busy
Skilled Labourer & Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 November 2013
consistent work always busy, no grey areas. although was promised advancement, it never came.
Pros
good work
Cons
management not focused on every ones individual interests
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 February 2014
good management,good co-worker,good team,everybody care about safety & quality
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Safe site,safety was always frist,organized,clean,great boss and great C.S.O i learned a lot.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 October 2012
Early 7am start,where and all there safety concerns are and what to watch for when working in a dangerous parts of our site,management was good C.S.O and the our boss,my C.S.O taught me a lot since I've been studying to take the course at B.C.I.T for construction management,co-workers where hard working the hardest part of my day would have to have been the morning when it would rain,and the most enjoyable part of my day would be coffee time and home time.
Pros
i worked inside, learned a lot about construction management.
Cons
repetative work.
Tipical Corprate work place
I&R tech (Current Employee) –  BC, Canada8 October 2014
Work day not typical it changes daily you take the good and the bad Days.
Learned What Not to do the next time.

Management is terrible lots of personnel changes in the upper ranks in this outfit. Not very stable and the bean counters order the work vehicle's.
Co-workers are decent for the most part however there are the odd lazy ones that don't take pride in their work and you are just another number in the Corporate world here.

Working alone and the end of the day.
Pros
No one else wants to work in my location
Cons
Never no who your manager is and to many pay cuts here, pay structure sucks.
camp setting was great ! all the necisity were there for me
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 May 2013
with this company there number 1 thing was safety wich with me is a big thing. And also with them i got the oppurtunity to learn alot about hydro testing and codes on pipefitting really good experience for me . My big boss was the super intendant of this job i was on and i culdnt ask for any better on the management part.
And my co workers were willing to show me and also learn from me ! so i got along with them pretty good.
The hardest part of the job for me was the conditions at times where very dirty considering we were working right beside a coker , and if you know how a live coker is well i need to say no more.
What i liked about this job was that on a daily basis i was learning lots about things that i was always interested in and it was always and a everyday learning the ins and outs , and gave me a chance to get great experience and the learning was everyday i was learning something new. learning was a wide open opurtunity .
P.S I hope this gives you a good ideal of what i think of theses company thanks
Pros
excellent wages
Cons
not enuf O.T for me LOL
Great Company to work with
Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC24 August 2013
Very approachable management, encouraging and respectful.
Great experience being the parts runner, everyday has different challenge.
Learning new areas of the mine, picking up parts from lots of different locations. Interacting with all types of service personal,found this fun and interesting made lots of new friends.
I love driving and interacting with people, so this was a great job opportunity.
Pros
Christmas parties, family picnics
Cons
Being a part of developement is great, although the job comes to an end.
When there, it was brand new facilities-nice.
Crewmember 5, packer operator (Former Employee) –  Mt Milligan Mine Site20 September 2013
The work hours were 10.5 and 11 hours long. Typical breaks, lunch. Learned the packer machine, and rode in rock trucks while nothing for the packer machine.
The management I thought was good. The co-workers were great because this was my first exposure to camps, and this kind of work.
The hardest part was shift change, never dealt with it before.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers and of course getting off shift.
Pros
everything was supplied-rooms, showers, meals, gym
Cons
getting use to night shift
nice to have a decent pay cheque
Skilled labourer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 April 2014
it has given me a chance to work one job instead of the two jobs i worked the last ten years and given me hope of having a retirement.my co-workers are easy to get along with and fun to be with.first time in the oilfields moving pipe so the welders can wed the pipe up.it is a high safety environment and management are high on getting you home safe.hardest part of the job is being away from my wife and daughters for 5 weeks at a time.the best part is seeing my pay cheque every week
Pros
seeing a nice pay stub
Cons
too far from family
One of the top places to lurn, grow,and work.
skilled labour (Former Employee) –  Fort mcmurray, AB28 February 2013
It's a long shift working 12 hours 14 day's strate and with a job that changes every day but with good people at your side and learning some thing new every day makes it so werth it!
In a work place with danger lerking in every corner it's a must to be safe, alert, and ready ledcor makes sure we keep safe so we can go home safe.
giving the working grate pay and seven days off after your 14 day's on is a grate way to travle and vent.
The hardes part is being away from family.
Pros
money, food, camp, good people
Coal Industry - Willow Creek Mine - Great company to work for
Maintenance Clerk/Buyer Relief (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC31 January 2013
Learned lots in the Coal Industry, great company to work for - diversified interes with Ledcor, many different opportunities are available through them, including good benefits, training, etc.
Pros
good salary, and learning opportunities
Cons
this location was located up on a mountain, too far from town.
Great company to learn the ins and outs of the commercial side for electrical
Apprentice Electrician at Nisku Modyard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2014
Company was stable with a good group of management in place. Had a workplace environment that was conducive to growth and learning.
Pros
Stable job, great place to learn about electrical
Cons
Large company made you feel insignificant to the team, lower wages
learning curve
Crewmember 5, Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Milligan20 January 2016
I was hired as a labourer.
Did odd jobs...moving portable light posts, checking sump pumps, cleaned up messy storage c cans.
Eventually got into a packer machine.
On down time, would ride in a rock truck.
Pros
camp life
Cons
travelling in and out to work
Great job, low job security, layoffs in foreseeable future
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 October 2012
Ledcor Inc is a great company with terrific benefits. They currently supply flights to and from the work site and house the employees in a great camp close to site.

The reason I am looking for a new job is because layoffs are in the foreseeable future with the current phase coming to an end.
The work place in Oil Industry
Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  alberta2 July 2014
The oil industry can be most challenging and complex with broad job descriptions and vast industrial requirements.

It can be a demanding job, but most rewarding at times. If the environment is suitable for the ideal candidate, the experience of working within the trade can allow for an advisors role to become most successful in the future.
Pros
salaried vacation
Full active day
shop foreman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2013
Morning toolbox talk, stretches, flha's schedule repairs and mechanics, hands on repairs. Safety walks, review equipment schedules with management and other disiplines to co-ordinate repair around their schedules. Sometimes it becomes frustrating when parts are delayed, then I redirect work schedules to acommidate the hours in the day. The most enjoyable part of my day is completion of a task and thanking the mechanics for there effort and hard work.
Productive, New Learning Experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC21 August 2014
My overall experience while working for Ledcor has been okay. I have learned many new skills that I used to have minimal experience. Working with Excel daily has been so beneficial I believe to finding another career. My biggest struggle with this job is that it is contract work, so it has left me in a position to find a new job after an early shut down.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Minimal Room To Grow Within Company
work live balance
Business Strategist (Former Employee) –  Calgary4 August 2015
Ledcor is a construction company and mainly focused on operating. Mainly leadership team are from operating. it is a good enviornment to learn operating skills and culture.
Fun, Educational, Profitable
Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, B.C17 October 2012
Morning Meeting at 7am
Got the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced Pipefitters out there.
Management could use improvement
Co-workers were fun and helpful
The hardest part of the job was being away from my family
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning
Pros
horn river camp was awesome
Cons
the bus ride to and from work was aweful