Ledcor Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun, Educational, Profitable
Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, B.COctober 17, 2012
Morning Meeting at 7am
Got the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced Pipefitters out there.
Management could use improvement
Co-workers were fun and helpful
The hardest part of the job was being away from my family
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning
Pros
horn river camp was awesome
Cons
the bus ride to and from work was aweful
Good Company
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON. Toronto, ON, Niagara Falls, ONAugust 4, 2013
Worked in different environments - Residential But each day was different but fun
Each project had its set of unique challenges - Safety was at the forefront in those projects
Management - Good
Co-workers - Good
Hardest part was completion of the project
Enjoyable part was I had the opportunity to work with some highly qualified and expereinced workers
Coal Industry - Willow Creek Mine - Great company to work for
Maintenance Clerk/Buyer Relief (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BCJanuary 31, 2013
Learned lots in the Coal Industry, great company to work for - diversified interes with Ledcor, many different opportunities are available through them, including good benefits, training, etc.
Pros
good salary, and learning opportunities
Cons
this location was located up on a mountain, too far from town.
I can apply my skills and knowledge, Work in an environment that value the safety of everyone, and eventually acquire career Growth and to the company
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  EdmontonDecember 8, 2013
Ledcor is a very good company. Good relationship betwen management and worker,my co-workers are friendly.I learned a lots of work to my co-worker.
Pros
free food and lodgging while in camp
Cons
14/7 shift of work
Great job, low job security, layoffs in foreseeable future
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 16, 2012
Ledcor Inc is a great company with terrific benefits. They currently supply flights to and from the work site and house the employees in a great camp close to site.

The reason I am looking for a new job is because layoffs are in the foreseeable future with the current phase coming to an end.
good wage good co workers
Pipe fitter (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABApril 4, 2015
great place to work wish they had more work so i could stay on best crew of guys i worked with before the wage was the highest ive got as an apprentice
it was good overall
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 9, 2014
A typical day at work was pre-trips and pickup,
I learned good work ethics
the management was good
had great co-workers , worked as a good team.
the hardest part of the job was winter driving.
the most enjoyable part was going to work everyday at a job i enjoyed.

Enjoyed Ledcor, great place to work.
Pros
paid travel
Cons
extreme temps
Ledcor as an Employer
CSO (Former Employee) –  KelownaFebruary 18, 2014
I had a very good experience working with and for LEDCOR.
They were willing to negotiate my wages and LOA, and looked after us in a very professional manner. I would hope to work with them again someday.
They supplied me with everything necessary to do the job at hand.
Pros
good pay and conditions
Cons
after contract was completed, i was out of a job.
Learn new construction procedures, adapt to different styles of management due to the frequency of superintendent changes., 6 in 8 months.
Site Safety coordinator - only one on site (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray airport expansion site, ABSeptember 13, 2012
Accomplih the daily tasks and get ahead on others.
Review, analyse old, present and future tasks.
Good communication with peers and coworkers.
satisfaction of accomplishment.
one of the very best companies to learn with
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  nisku fab shop, albionOctober 22, 2012
It is one of the best companies to learn with their mentor program in the nisku fab shop you are 2weeks learning one job then on to the next one,but I left when I was a 2nd year for 2.5 times the money to phoenix industrial at long lake
Pros
good people great for training
Cons
no dsp for apprentices
Well managed, positive work environment, clean, safe.
Trades (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AlbertaOctober 20, 2012
Very good work environment. Management is friendly and approachable. Excellent safety culture. Quality work encouraged. Strong work ethic encouraged. Good team work. Friendly environment. A good place to work and grow.
Pros
above average work environment.
Cons
hard to think of any
productive
Pipefitter / journeyman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2014
I love my job as a pipefitter ,I enjoyed working in any shift, I learned new techniques , some that I never had in my previous employment in other countries. I like working with others that also like me dedicated to my job. My most enjoyable job is when it is completely done before the target date..
Great Place to work
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  edmonton, abMarch 1, 2015
There are great people who work for Ledcor, it is a more stable company in today's economy that helps. I would recommend this company to anyone!
Laid off due to "lack of work" in the middle of a project
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  JoffreOctober 1, 2014
I was a carpenter there for 6 months. General foremen and foremen all participate in different forms of "Harassment" even though they say they strongly enforce it. I had to switch crews after about 3 months because the foreman on my crew was so rude and abusive to the journeymen on the crew. We'd always see him and the civil GF laughing about stuff. Hmm I wonder what?! 6 months into the job the General foreman gets me singled out for saying something I did not say. 2 days later, laid off. Meanwhile people who just got hired are still there. So many people in the field that liked me were shocked at how they treated me. It has since happened to another solid guy I know. Except they made sure he was banned from the client. They're mean and I won't work for them unless certain people aren't there on site. This is the kind of treatment that keeps Alberta's "labor shortage" going.
Pros
money
Cons
top heavy, heavy handed management who doesn't see a good worker right in front of them.
fun place to work great bunch co-workers
Industrial Mechanic/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayMay 4, 2012
work day starts with safety and toolbox meeting .Tasks for day are assigned installing pumps.co-workers are enjole to work with.Hardest part of job working with heavy tools.most enjoyable part of job is co-workers
Pros
charter flights home
Cons
food at camp
Very stable/experienced employer
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 7, 2013
At first its very intimidating working for such a large company. But soon you fit into the groove. Sometimes you need to step forward to get noticed. The camp lifestyle is one of the hardest things to get used to. The wages you earn make it a bit more tolerable.
Would have liked to advance with the complany
Dozer / Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 4, 2013
Days were routine, safety was a strong factor, management fair, co-workers were dedicated and the hardest part was working through the night if your job was not too involved. Where the more enjoyable part of the job was the working atmosphere.
Great place to work and learn. Just wish it was long term.
Rigid Frame Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort MacMurray, AlbertaOctober 22, 2014
In the construction field, the business is feast or famine. I would have liked to work till retirement. I really enjoyed the job.
Pros
camp life was good for me.
Cons
expensive plane fares.
very good company, reasonable management
Technician (Current Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 19, 2015
people in this company care about it's own people and others. good benefit, might need to be re-structured for more competivieness
A decent paying job with adequate benefits.
Carpenter Lead hand (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 20, 2014
Safety is a primary goal and tool box meetings were held every morning. The toughest thing about the job is being away from home for 20 days.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
a long way from home and minimal respect from team leaders.