Ledcor Employee Reviews

great company to work for.
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 May 2017
The typical day at work was always having a job to do while learning from others, learnt new terminating skills, the management was fantastic as they came by to se what you were working on and see how the day goes.
The hardest part of the job was working the Ledcor mod yard, our lead hand was very unorganized. The best part was working with a team and learning from each of them.
productive and enjoy working
Insulator/labourer (Former Employee) –  alberta27 May 2017
a very good company and happy working with them...they treat workers very good and we have all good benifits..enjoy working with good guys all over canada..
Pros
free food and lodging
Cons
great fun productive work enviroment
Apprentice Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB25 May 2017
14 and 7 rotation with flights camp accommodations provided by Suncor days were very productive 10 hour days great people to work all around great company . worked on construction and hydrotesting
Company vehicle and strong managment
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 May 2017
Frontline client care for all contracts was our main focus everyday.
I learned strong skills in the telecom field as ledcor contracted to multiple providers.

Strong management and leadership was key. All employees had full training and great mentorship

Ledcor was one on the best companies I worked for. My crew and leaders were very involved with the daily tasks.
Run by Scientologists (Actually though)
Residential Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 May 2017
The company lies about how much you can possibly make and basically uses people. The average person here is working 10 hours a day for between 50-100 dollars. Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
They lie about EVERYTHING, dont pay out on sales you make and it is terribly run.
laborer
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 May 2017
Management are horrible don't take in consideration on the good employees not hard to see. Going overboard you notice that there's an oil leak on your truck and you reported it to your supervisor he wants to give you a yellow card as a warning. I've seen where they want you to put out $1,500 or more for certain certificates out of your own pocket but I've seen smaller companies that help accommodate you. If you work there you're better off to stay as the person in the corner and just do your job. The other reports that you see about how good the company is. Almost like there's is total different company never got those little perks or benefits that you hear about in this company
Good work and safety culture
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC15 May 2017
The worksite was great. Most people there seemed to be happy with the jobsite and the other trades they worker with. It was a good place to work and enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Camp was good
Cons
Not paid and were on the bus 40-50 minutes each way to and from the worksite
Very good Employer, many opportunities for Career Advancement
Purchasing Coordinator 4 (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 May 2017
I look back on my 13 years at Ledcor a one of the most memorable work experiences in my career. They are one of the best companies that i have worked for in my role as a Buyer .
Fun place to work!
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB10 May 2017
Start the day off with a toolbox safety meeting to go over the tasks that we will be completeling! Go to your assigned job and perform the task! Take lunch break around 12:30. Work till 5:30 drive to yard and go home.
Pros
Great pay
Welder/ Steamfitter
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 May 2017
The job itself was physically challenging, but I'm glad I worked them. Their management, teams taught me the value of quality & team work. Overall, excellent company.
Good Management
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 May 2017
Good Management Teams, and excellent place to work. I have nothing bad to say about working for Ledcor Fabrication Inc; it was always a pleasant experience working for them...but ever job comes to an end.
Fun work and safety conscience
Fiber Optic Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
Fun work climbing up poles in B.C and seeing the view. Can be dangerous at times with the rain making your job somewhat hard working as a drop technician
Pros
paid flights and hotel and per diem
Cons
Pay is below average and no overtime
Great Work place
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB2 May 2017
Great company to work for, had a great work atmosphere, had a lot of good incentives to keep workers happy and in good mood, management wasn't the greatest but it was good
Pros
Great People
Cons
Terrible parking
Fast Paced work environment with many good people
Sub-Contract Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Alberta and British Columbia1 May 2017
Great place to work but unfortunately they had no further upcoming major projects in the near future. On site work environments with the latest technology and equipment to utilize was certainly an asset.
Great teams with very knowledgeable staff and engineering, A great place to advance and utilize training.
Pros
Great teams
Cons
On remote construction sites
good environment
Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB1 May 2017
Our legacy of success and innovation began with our first project — preparing the access road and well site for Imperial Oil’s famous discovery in Leduc, Alberta.

Ledcor went on to support the discoveries and innovations that characterized the entrepreneurial spirit of Alberta, which we continue to do across North America. We grew alongside the resource industry, expanding construction operations and driving activity. Meeting new challenges as a civil contractor, we built highways, blasted rock and excavated the earth. We linked discovery to industry by constructing supporting utilities and by the 1970s - pipelines.
good pay, decent hours
I&R Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
The pay is good, dont get me wrong but the work is not stable. thats not the company's fault but being a contractor you are at the mercy of the people who give you work.
Pros
good pay for short hours
Cons
lots of out of town deployments, work is unstable, hours are sporatic
Good work and organized company
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB24 April 2017
Great place to work. I recommend going and working for them . The are definitely one of the industry's leaders. They have a variety of commercial and industrial projects
Great enviroment and employees
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB24 April 2017
Having our morning meeting and scheduling the task for that day. I learn that even in a tight blue print over 3000 employees can have a safe safety record.
Pros
We felt appriciated and respected
Loved the time period I was with them.
Labouer/Operater (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
No matter if it was 40 below we were suppose to show up to site in the morning and if too cold to work they had sent us home with 4hrs and subsistence pay (160 a day) Benefits were amazing and 100% match for rssp. Pention was $4 every hour worked. Management was on you asap if needed proper documention. The job was amazing but certain crews would be cliched
Pros
Paid on time and every week
Cons
-45 degrees and you are working outside
Awesome Experience
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 April 2017
Even though I only worked there for almost 6 months, the amount of experience I acquired was countless. I met a lots of nice people and learned a lot of things. I don't mind the low salary because that's where I should really start, what matters to me is the experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.