Ledcor Employee Reviews

Drove to work and scenery was fabulas.
Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC27 July 2015
Operated haul truck, learned to operated a wiggle a triple 7, 1500 .
Had lots of patience, always had to beware of your surroundings, safety was big on the job site.
Pros
Good Shifts and good pay
Cons
Ignorant people
Good summer work, safe and fast-paced
Engineering hand for a Pipeline Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, Alberta12 October 2014
I would start a typical day by examining what tasks needed to be completed. Once on site I would write a safety form for the task. I would help the field engineer by measuring, calculating and holding the measure level for the engineer to shoot angles with a transit. Since I was the only crew member for a team that usually consists of three or more I held a lot of responsibility with the field engineer and managed most tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was working close with the environment and learning about field engineering,
Tipical Corprate work place
I&R tech (Current Employee) –  BC, Canada8 October 2014
Work day not typical it changes daily you take the good and the bad Days.
Learned What Not to do the next time.

Management is terrible lots of personnel changes in the upper ranks in this outfit. Not very stable and the bean counters order the work vehicle's.
Co-workers are decent for the most part however there are the odd lazy ones that don't take pride in their work and you are just another number in the Corporate world here.

Working alone and the end of the day.
Pros
No one else wants to work in my location
Cons
Never no who your manager is and to many pay cuts here, pay structure sucks.
Lies and broken promises
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Joffre10 February 2015
Quit my $45 an hour job to work for them because it was a promises in a stable career. Big mistake, got one day of orientation and then let go the next day after 2 hours of work. No reason given to as I was let go, but thats unions for you

Union buddies in the loop only matter
Pros
The hr lady at the office is a good person
Cons
The on site supervisor should be replaced
Productive, New Learning Experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC21 August 2014
My overall experience while working for Ledcor has been okay. I have learned many new skills that I used to have minimal experience. Working with Excel daily has been so beneficial I believe to finding another career. My biggest struggle with this job is that it is contract work, so it has left me in a position to find a new job after an early shut down.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Minimal Room To Grow Within Company
would work there again
Laborer/Heavy Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  fort nelson4 June 2014
great place to work has union and ability to move up the ladder

co-workers seem to be well selected group of mature hardworking individuals with goals and strong work ethics-pros

hardest part of job is being away from family for so long and home
but you cant have your cake and eat it too

most enjoyable part of job is the strong leadership and ability to advance promotes harder working and more professional work environment
Pros
strong leadership
Cons
not understanding of needing time with family
nice to have a decent pay cheque
Skilled labourer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 April 2014
it has given me a chance to work one job instead of the two jobs i worked the last ten years and given me hope of having a retirement.my co-workers are easy to get along with and fun to be with.first time in the oilfields moving pipe so the welders can wed the pipe up.it is a high safety environment and management are high on getting you home safe.hardest part of the job is being away from my wife and daughters for 5 weeks at a time.the best part is seeing my pay cheque every week
Pros
seeing a nice pay stub
Cons
too far from family
Living arrangements
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kitimat, BC5 November 2013
I think they could have done a much better job in the living arrangements. Shuttle service to and from the airport. Travel time that is not covered , getting home at a late time of night. you are putting in 15 hours and getting paid for 12.5. A camp that has been promised for a year now still not in place. You are up at 4:30am and you get back to town at 8:30 / 9pm. You go to eat at a restaurant that closes at 9 you rush home to shower and hopefully you get to sleep by 11pm. So you are sleep deprived not enough time to rest. There are many times men say that they are burnt out and making stupid mistakes on the job.To me That is an unsafe work place.
Pros
Nice crew to work with.
Cons
You are with them more than your family.To long of a shift.
Horrible Safety Culture
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albian Sands27 August 2013
Ledcor does not care about their worker's safety. They punish anyone who brings up safety concerns, cover up incidents and don't report them to their clients. They hire inexperienced kids for Safety Coordinators because they're cheap. Management doesn't support them and bully them if they try to make changes.

If workers bring up safety concerns they are ignored and they are punished, usually by finding an excuse to fire them or lay them off at the first opportunity. Get hurt and go to first aid? Fired. Report an near miss? Fired.

They promote based on nepotism, not competence. Are disorganized and lie to get you to work for them. Avoid Ledcor at all costs.
Pros
Get paid on time.
Cons
Safety is an afterthought.

Comment – December 13, 2013

They still have one of the worst safety records at Albian. And they still cover up incidents. Shell is to blame as well. They know what's going on and they let them get away with it because they're cheap.

safety culture with some hard situations due to the nature of the proyect
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2012
this is a job that needs an extra effort due to the location,extreme weather and rotation of the personal, many situations to handle in very little time,
management doing a fine job with the rotations and accomodation ,transporttcion of personnel,
the job require 100% concentration of the perssonnel, every step of the way, at home, at the airport, at the lodge, and at the jobsite.
The proyect itself is a very interesting one, I personaly enjoy working on it.
Pros
free lodge, transportation and food. good pay rate
Cons
long hours and extra commute to job site
Safe site,safety was always frist,organized,clean,great boss and great C.S.O i learned a lot.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 October 2012
Early 7am start,where and all there safety concerns are and what to watch for when working in a dangerous parts of our site,management was good C.S.O and the our boss,my C.S.O taught me a lot since I've been studying to take the course at B.C.I.T for construction management,co-workers where hard working the hardest part of my day would have to have been the morning when it would rain,and the most enjoyable part of my day would be coffee time and home time.
Pros
i worked inside, learned a lot about construction management.
Cons
repetative work.
good
Safety coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 September 2013
• Conducting daily and weekly site inspections
• Behaviour Based Observation reports
• Creation and updating of JHA’s and SWP
• Working in Both team based and independent environments
• Joint Occupational health and safety committee meeting
• Conducting orientations for new and experienced workers
• Ensuring OH&S and company policies are in place and being followed
• Ensuring safe work procedures, hazard controls are in place and PPE requirements are met
• Incident investigations
• Led/coordinated daily tool box and weekly safety meetings
• Issuing all Personal Protection Equipment to new workers
• Calibrating and bump testing gas monitors
One of the top places to lurn, grow,and work.
skilled labour (Former Employee) –  Fort mcmurray, AB28 February 2013
It's a long shift working 12 hours 14 day's strate and with a job that changes every day but with good people at your side and learning some thing new every day makes it so werth it!
In a work place with danger lerking in every corner it's a must to be safe, alert, and ready ledcor makes sure we keep safe so we can go home safe.
giving the working grate pay and seven days off after your 14 day's on is a grate way to travle and vent.
The hardes part is being away from family.
Pros
money, food, camp, good people
11 Months I worked for Ledcor, then hired permanent by TELUS
Telecommunications LTS, I & R 2007-2008 (Former Employee) –  Interior South, British Columbia18 March 2013
The Eleven months I was employed by Ledcor in the I&R telecom side for Telus I found to be most enjoyable.
Ledcor strove for safe work standards and maintaning quality control.
Manager at that time gave technicians under his supervision good guidence and kept intouch with excellent rapore.

I left Ledcor Tel to join Telus.
I would work for Ledcor again.
Pros
great first level mangement
Cons
poor budget to pay mangers what they are worth...they should get as much as an engineer +
Full active day
shop foreman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2013
Morning toolbox talk, stretches, flha's schedule repairs and mechanics, hands on repairs. Safety walks, review equipment schedules with management and other disiplines to co-ordinate repair around their schedules. Sometimes it becomes frustrating when parts are delayed, then I redirect work schedules to acommidate the hours in the day. The most enjoyable part of my day is completion of a task and thanking the mechanics for there effort and hard work.
The work place in Oil Industry
Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  alberta2 July 2014
The oil industry can be most challenging and complex with broad job descriptions and vast industrial requirements.

It can be a demanding job, but most rewarding at times. If the environment is suitable for the ideal candidate, the experience of working within the trade can allow for an advisors role to become most successful in the future.
Pros
salaried vacation
Cons
Great company to work for, I just need more time with my family.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 October 2012
I decided it was time for a career change as I was burnt out and stressed out as a broker. I landed a job with Ledcor due to a family member. I have moved up very quickly due to initiative, asking a lot of questions and the willingness to work with others. I moved from laborer to Project Coordinator to now being trained as a foreman in the major earth works, civil area. Ledcor has given me a wealth of knowledge in varying aspects of the job. I am definately richer for the experience. It just turns out that I want to be with my family, if I can find appropriate employment.
Great company to work for!
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 November 2012
Typical day at work started with safety meeting, then stretches, more safety documentation, then off to work.I learned many aspects of the oilfied industry as this was my first time to work up North. Management was great as they stood up for the workers and tried thier best to keep us happy.Co-workers were friendly and knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job was the amount of time it takes to get a simple task done, due to so many safety factors. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills in the electrical trade.
Pros
can leave wallet at home as thier is no place to spend money up there.
Cons
had a terrible camp. stayed in one better than that in the late 80's.
Great Company to work with
Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC24 August 2013
Very approachable management, encouraging and respectful.
Great experience being the parts runner, everyday has different challenge.
Learning new areas of the mine, picking up parts from lots of different locations. Interacting with all types of service personal,found this fun and interesting made lots of new friends.
I love driving and interacting with people, so this was a great job opportunity.
Pros
Christmas parties, family picnics
Cons
Being a part of developement is great, although the job comes to an end.
When there, it was brand new facilities-nice.
Crewmember 5, packer operator (Former Employee) –  Mt Milligan Mine Site20 September 2013
The work hours were 10.5 and 11 hours long. Typical breaks, lunch. Learned the packer machine, and rode in rock trucks while nothing for the packer machine.
The management I thought was good. The co-workers were great because this was my first exposure to camps, and this kind of work.
The hardest part was shift change, never dealt with it before.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers and of course getting off shift.
Pros
everything was supplied-rooms, showers, meals, gym
Cons
getting use to night shift