Ledcor Employee Reviews

Loved the time period I was with them.
Labouer/Operater (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
No matter if it was 40 below we were suppose to show up to site in the morning and if too cold to work they had sent us home with 4hrs and subsistence pay (160 a day) Benefits were amazing and 100% match for rssp. Pention was $4 every hour worked. Management was on you asap if needed proper documention. The job was amazing but certain crews would be cliched
Pros
Paid on time and every week
Cons
-45 degrees and you are working outside
Awesome Experience
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 April 2017
Even though I only worked there for almost 6 months, the amount of experience I acquired was countless. I met a lots of nice people and learned a lot of things. I don't mind the low salary because that's where I should really start, what matters to me is the experience.
great company to work for
Labour Foreman (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK21 April 2017
i enjiyed working with ledcor in regina sk the things i learned and the advancement to labour forman was awsome got laid off after southlandmall job wish i could work with them again great company to work for enjoyed my time there
Pros
overtime was great
Cons
long hrs
LEAD HAND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC19 April 2017
same as stated earlier . good compagny , good healt care plan , good benefit , interesting plans for compagny future , lots of different divisions , advancement opportunity are scarce .
Pros
same as stated earlier
Cons
same as stated earlier
N/a
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2017
I started at the LedCor mod yard as an apprentice and worked my way up to be a foreman. I enjoyed working there, the management was good, the people I worked with was good, all and all a good place to work.
good place to work
Apprentice Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 April 2017
was a fun place to work and was close to my family.Enjoyed the time i was there meet a lot of good people and good fitters.was a real good work experience
Good Company
Contracts Manager AFRRCS Project (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
Good company with many opportunities. Very diverse employees with a very stable long standing management team. Employees tend to last very long due to the share structure program
Pros
Gym/Cafeteria
Great place to work!
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB12 April 2017
The days were long but went by fast. It would have been a more permanent position if there was more then one day off a week, so workers could see their families, e.g. 4 days off 7 on. Management was quick to respond to any concerns.
Great Organization
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 April 2017
A typical day for me with Ledcor was outside in the elements with a great bunch of people giving it their all day in and day out. From Supervisors to Management, all the people were great.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Braving the elements
its great
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 April 2017
you will learn and grow more in this company then you will anywhere else, strongly suggest working for this company even if its only for 6 months, best stepping stone
its fun working with the company, co-workers are warm & friendly.
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 April 2017
its very interesting working with the company, superiors and subordinates are easy to work and approachable in nature. the safety department really cares for the safety of the workers and the company as a whole is environmental friendly.
Pros
camp provided is average.
Cons
Great work place and coworkers
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 April 2017
Great coworkers great management great all over experience with the company. I loved that job and the people that I worked with I would work for them again
Pros
Just awesome place to work
Cons
Lack of work
Productive, fun and satisfying
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB31 March 2017
Very satisfying to work qualified people who share their knowledge
I managed to learn what my job is about and the best way to complete every task assigned to me. The management always showed appreciation to the workers which made us feel worthy and accomplished for that period of time. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was working as a team to complete what was assigned to us as well as solving complex problems
Pipefitter Leadhand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 March 2017
Lots of OT, good craft, good management.
parking lot was not big enough for all craft when manned up.
work was consistent, had decent amount of equipment
Pros
good craft and management
Cons
not enough parking when manned up
Good safety culture
pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 March 2017
Best company ever...Safety standards are high...Mentorship program is great...Management is good and very experienced in their positions..When you work for Ledcor you know you have a long term job,,,it's not a confused company, that hires people this week and lays them off 2 weeks later.
No loyalty to new employees
Industrial Instrumentation Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 March 2017
Excellent Safety program, with decent management, but no much loyalty given to new employees on a term or temporary position such as large projects. Hired one day released the next with little or no warning.
Pros
Good Pay and benefits
Cons
No loyalty
Good job.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2017
This was a good company to work for. The job hours were exactly what were expected. Hourly rate was decent. There was a strong safety culter as well. I would work for this company again in the future.
Great workplace
Skilled Labourer/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
Enjoyed working for Ledcor. Always felt like a safe environment and the coworkers were fantastic. A shortage of work once again left me searching for something more steady at the time.
Very safety oriented work site
1st Year Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB21 March 2017
Great work atmosphere, knowledgeable Journeyman that have taught new many new skills. Ledcor provided training for several safety tickets. Good crew that made the day at work very enjoyable.
Great company to work for
Ironworker Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 March 2017
I have worked for ledcor on a few projects they have a strong safety culture .They take all steps to provide quality training programs.They treat people pretty good.
Pros
Good safety culture
Cons
You don't know how long the job is going to last