Ledcor Employee Reviews

Very safety oriented work site
1st Year Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB21 March 2017
Great work atmosphere, knowledgeable Journeyman that have taught new many new skills. Ledcor provided training for several safety tickets. Good crew that made the day at work very enjoyable.
Great company to work for
Ironworker Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 March 2017
I have worked for ledcor on a few projects they have a strong safety culture .They take all steps to provide quality training programs.They treat people pretty good.
Pros
Good safety culture
Cons
You don't know how long the job is going to last
Very stressful workplace, long work hours, reduce pay, no union
Technician (Former Employee) –  British Columbia14 March 2017
Job is extremely demanding and stressful. Management keep meetings but nobody act upon technician concerns. The company is only concern about their bottom line profit. Work culture is low although supervisors sometime try to improve the relationship between management and workers.

Every worker acts like an independent contractor as there are no union. Worker feel afraid and intimidated of losing their work so they are afraid to speak out.

You have the opportunity to earn a good pay if to can stand up to the ash working conditions and work hard to achieve the high work measures that they set out for technician to achieve.
Pros
Can earn a good pay but have to work extremely hard for it
Cons
Poor work culture. Workers are afraid of loosing their job. Short lived career
Productive Learning experience
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 March 2017
LSS has been one of the best companies to work for. My manager was my friend, who showed me what is respect, honesty, and integrity, trusted me and empower me to deliver the best of me. The people, multicultural too, diverse in education and culture, just increased my life experience and knowledge in how to deal not only with adversity but with grateful people. Definitely, I would love to work with them again, without hesitation.
Pros
Hard work, integrity, empowerment, gratitud
Cons
Rivalry, shortage of work
Great Comany lots of Overtime
Construction/ Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB13 March 2017
I worked all nights at Ledcor which I loved along side some great journeyman which thought me a lot. The management was good and they treaded all employees well.
Pros
Lot of Overtime
Cons
Long drive to work
Progressive and innovative place to work
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 March 2017
Ledcor is an innovative company to work for with an impressive safety culture and a company that welcomes input from its work force to improve its work practices.
Journeyman Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Canada11 March 2017
the workplace itself is good enough and the most enjoyable part is being able to learn while working. the hardest part of working is the unpredictable weather.
What I've learned from Ledcor
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 March 2017
In my experience working for this company i was able to acquire several valued skills associated with working in the fast paced world of oil and gas. Overall a great place to gather and refine workmanship.
far travel's , but overall good workplace
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, AB11 March 2017
grading pipe corridors and trenches , running bobcat and roller.
laboring running pumps and diverting water while grading and working close with surveyors.
Pros
all accommodations payed
Cons
long 80 hours a week
Overall, Ledcor is a fun family atmosphere to work in
CONTRACT WELDER, NISKU MOD YARD (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB10 March 2017
A typical work day starts with safety meetings/toolbox talk and very importantly, stretching! After that workers are assigned to a crew where he/she is given a specific task! We are encouraged by management to work as one culture in the workplace to achieve success on the whole as a group and not as an individual! which creates a positive atmosphere! The hardest part of the job is not enough tools and other workers not showing up for work! the most enjoyable is working with people with positive attributes/attitude and showing pride in their work!
Pros
Consistent training, safety bonus'/reward
Cons
Bad road conditions driving to site
Great company to work for
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2017
Corporate office in Vancouver BC, with an office in Edmonton Alberta. Operations in northern BC and northern Alberta. Some operations, mostly construction, in Manitoba
great place to work
Scaffold Erector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2017
I loved working for ledcor, they have a really good safety culture.Its true they take safety to the next level, on the job, off the job, and everywhere in-between.
Pros
they offered tons of ot/ staff appreciation yes
ledcor
KBR-Ironworker Foreman, Fort Hills (Former Employee) –  Farmington, BC7 March 2017
great company to work for. great benefit plans and i really liked the fact that working in bc they took care of our bc medical! was a great job to be on with great crew and management
Pros
loa
Cons
finished up the project
Contract position
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON6 March 2017
Larger company whereby I worked in the field on site. Field crew were exceptional, accommodating and willing to teach. Definitely a team environment and good communication with each other. I established a very good repore with all of the team.
Good company
Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2017
I work as a support for all divisions.

Ledcor is a good company to work for. The people really make the organization. People are willing to help each other. Quality and innovation are important, even if it may be stifled by old school habits.

Leadership, just like in every organization, there are good ones and bad ones. Unfortunately, the bad ones are protected by the old boys club. The good news, is they are slowly retiring. There is a shift that is happening which is what the organization needs in order to survive.
Pros
People, skills development
Cons
Opportunities for advancement in some areas are limited
Great Job
Plumber/Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 February 2017
Ledcor has been great to work for in the pass. They believe in safety,working as a team and workman ship on a protect, Always room for advancement and other opportunities.
Phenomenal Stepping Stone
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 February 2017
For anyone who is looking to change their lives and pursue dreams and goals, LTS is a awesome environment to build grit, character, improve communication skills and expand one's network.
Who you know atmosphere.
Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 February 2017
A new employee was hired 2 weeks prior to my being laid off. She had zero experience in this field, but her husband was in Management. I had been working there for 1 year, I got laid off and feel I was replaced by this lady who lacked knowledge and qualifications.
Safety was a top priority at all times with strict practices. Lots of fresh air with this job as well
Working with ledcor
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 February 2017
Working with ledcor has been a great experience for me I have grown from a labour to a foreman with this company and think of them as my family... I don't wanna leave but we got pushed out of camp pay cuts and having to pay rent in town now it's making things hard to get ahead ... over all great company!!
Pros
Great company to work for!
Cons
No camp pay cuts
Excellent place to work .
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
I learned a great deal from Ledcor management over the past 15+ Years . Due to the down turn in the economy I have had to seek work elsewhere and bring that experience with me . I look forward to any challenges from high rises to bridges and of course oil and gas.
Pros
Good friendly people and great opportunities
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval