Ledcor Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work and learn. Just wish it was long term.
Rigid Frame Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort MacMurray, AlbertaOctober 22, 2014
In the construction field, the business is feast or famine. I would have liked to work till retirement. I really enjoyed the job.
Pros
camp life was good for me.
Cons
expensive plane fares.
same as last one
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCOctober 17, 2014
same as the review I put for Ledcor management always changing their minds on how they wanted us to do things
Good summer work, safe and fast-paced
Engineering hand for a Pipeline Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AlbertaOctober 12, 2014
I would start a typical day by examining what tasks needed to be completed. Once on site I would write a safety form for the task. I would help the field engineer by measuring, calculating and holding the measure level for the engineer to shoot angles with a transit. Since I was the only crew member for a team that usually consists of three or more I held a lot of responsibility with the field engineer and managed most tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was working close with the environment and learning about field engineering,
Tipical Corprate work place
I&R tech (Current Employee) –  BC, CanadaOctober 8, 2014
Work day not typical it changes daily you take the good and the bad Days.
Learned What Not to do the next time.

Management is terrible lots of personnel changes in the upper ranks in this outfit. Not very stable and the bean counters order the work vehicle's.
Co-workers are decent for the most part however there are the odd lazy ones that don't take pride in their work and you are just another number in the Corporate world here.

Working alone and the end of the day.
Pros
no one else wants to work in my location
Cons
never no who your manager is and to many pay cuts here, pay structure sucks.
Great company to learn the ins and outs of the commercial side for electrical
Apprentice Electrician at Nisku Modyard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2014
Company was stable with a good group of management in place. Had a workplace environment that was conducive to growth and learning.
Pros
stable job, great place to learn about electrical
Cons
large company made you feel insignificant to the team, lower wages
Laid off due to "lack of work" in the middle of a project
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  JoffreOctober 1, 2014
I was a carpenter there for 6 months. General foremen and foremen all participate in different forms of "Harassment" even though they say they strongly enforce it. I had to switch crews after about 3 months because the foreman on my crew was so rude and abusive to the journeymen on the crew. We'd always see him and the civil GF laughing about stuff. Hmm I wonder what?! 6 months into the job the General foreman gets me singled out for saying something I did not say. 2 days later, laid off. Meanwhile people who just got hired are still there. So many people in the field that liked me were shocked at how they treated me. It has since happened to another solid guy I know. Except they made sure he was banned from the client. They're mean and I won't work for them unless certain people aren't there on site. This is the kind of treatment that keeps Alberta's "labor shortage" going.
Pros
money
Cons
top heavy, heavy handed management who doesn't see a good worker right in front of them.
The People on my crew were fantastic
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 20, 2014
I really like what I do there. The people that I worked with were top notch electricians. Was always left to complete tasks and projects on my own.
Pros
great crew
Cons
management were not strong leaders
Horrible place
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nisku abSeptember 11, 2014
Hired as an electrician, treated badly by foreman and general foreman. Was fired and never told why, probably because I stood up for myself to general foreman, big misunderstanding. Everyone on crew quit, bad place to work.
Great place to work, but has since closed down
Pile Driver (Former Employee) –  AlbertaAugust 28, 2014
Was great to work here and learn many new things that helped me later in life.
Pros
life experiences
Cons
always on call
Productive, New Learning Experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BCAugust 21, 2014
My overall experience while working for Ledcor has been okay. I have learned many new skills that I used to have minimal experience. Working with Excel daily has been so beneficial I believe to finding another career. My biggest struggle with this job is that it is contract work, so it has left me in a position to find a new job after an early shut down.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
minimal room to grow within company
A learning experience in oil field construction.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABAugust 11, 2014
Terminating panels, control wiring, and hooking up motorized valves, pressure switches and level controllers. Management and co-workers were good to work with.
A decent paying job with adequate benefits.
Carpenter Lead hand (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 20, 2014
Safety is a primary goal and tool box meetings were held every morning. The toughest thing about the job is being away from home for 20 days.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
a long way from home and minimal respect from team leaders.
The work place in Oil Industry
Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  albertaJuly 2, 2014
The oil industry can be most challenging and complex with broad job descriptions and vast industrial requirements.

It can be a demanding job, but most rewarding at times. If the environment is suitable for the ideal candidate, the experience of working within the trade can allow for an advisors role to become most successful in the future.
Pros
salaried vacation
Cons
One of the best companies to be employed by.
MyRedSealispendingthefinalpracticumtest.Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray AlbertaJune 23, 2014
An excellent company to work for with a great benefit package and their Human Resources are always there for you.
would work there again
Laborer/Heavy Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  fort nelsonJune 4, 2014
great place to work has union and ability to move up the ladder

co-workers seem to be well selected group of mature hardworking individuals with goals and strong work ethics-pros

hardest part of job is being away from family for so long and home
but you cant have your cake and eat it too

most enjoyable part of job is the strong leadership and ability to advance promotes harder working and more professional work environment
Pros
strong leadership
Cons
not understanding of needing time with family
LTS is terrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  OkanaganJune 1, 2014
Never been treated so badly by a company, constant wage cuts with increased workload. Work life balance is non-existent, constant screw ups with pay, can't ever get answers from management as it's a very "pass the buck" mentality. Put in three years with the company only to lose the job in a mass layoff so new techs could be hired at lower wages. Good riddance!
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2014
Ledcor has a great corporate culture and is skilled at making processes more efficient. However, at times management does not uphold this culture and it creates tension.
Pros
good corporate culture
Cons
accounting pool was micromanaged
it was good overall
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 9, 2014
A typical day at work was pre-trips and pickup,
I learned good work ethics
the management was good
had great co-workers , worked as a good team.
the hardest part of the job was winter driving.
the most enjoyable part was going to work everyday at a job i enjoyed.

Enjoyed Ledcor, great place to work.
Pros
paid travel
Cons
extreme temps
Great work environment
Health and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2014
great experience, terrific mentoring, great compensation.
nice to have a decent pay cheque
Skilled labourer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 16, 2014
it has given me a chance to work one job instead of the two jobs i worked the last ten years and given me hope of having a retirement.my co-workers are easy to get along with and fun to be with.first time in the oilfields moving pipe so the welders can wed the pipe up.it is a high safety environment and management are high on getting you home safe.hardest part of the job is being away from my wife and daughters for 5 weeks at a time.the best part is seeing my pay cheque every week
Pros
seeing a nice pay stub
Cons
too far from family