Ledcor

Ledcor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people to work with and good work
1st Year Electrical apprentice (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABAugust 10, 2013
Ledcor was an enjoyable experience for me. The people were great and good to work with. Being my first construction job I learned a fare amount about the trade and over all was happy with my experience there.
Good bunch of people
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee), albertaAugust 9, 2013
Pros: free gifts
Good bunch of people that under stand and try to help out in bad times.
Very stable/experienced employer
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 7, 2013
At first its very intimidating working for such a large company. But soon you fit into the groove. Sometimes you need to step forward to get noticed. The camp lifestyle is one of the hardest things to get used to. The wages you earn make it a bit more tolerable.
Good Company
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ON. Toronto, ON, Niagara Falls, ONAugust 4, 2013
Worked in different environments - Residential But each day was different but fun
Each project had its set of unique challenges - Safety was at the forefront in those projects
Management - Good
Co-workers - Good
Hardest part was completion of the project
Enjoyable part was I had the opportunity to work with some highly qualified and expereinced workers
efficent,organised and safety consious
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2013
Pros: paychecks, learning every back road in western canada
Cons: long hours and always on the road
11 hour days,6 days a week month after month living on the road.politics run through every aspect of company.managers had a hard time coping with changing deadlines and locations.a good gruop of young and old workers.on the road constantly.people your work with.meeting new people everywhere you go.
ledcor
Parts Driver/Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), edmontonJuly 16, 2013
excellent place to work
with lots of room for growth
learn a lot
management is there for you when you need them
coworkers are fun and sensitive to ones personal opinion or culture
I worked for them for 6.5 years
SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Vancouver BCJuly 5, 2013
Cons: good pay
I bent over backwards for them and got tossed out like the trash. I prefer not to comment about the company.
Productive knowledgeable workplace
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort Mcmurray ABMay 27, 2013
I like working at Ledcor as it put saftey first and i have the chance to learn new jobs and work on new equipment. Everyone i work with is fair and i like the saftey meetings in the morning that gives you a chance to review.
camp setting was great ! all the necisity were there for me
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 14, 2013
Pros: excellent wages
Cons: not enuf o.t for me lol
with this company there number 1 thing was safety wich with me is a big thing. And also with them i got the oppurtunity to learn alot about hydro testing and codes on pipefitting really good experience for me . My big boss was the super intendant of this job i was on and i culdnt ask for any better on the management part.
And my co workers were willing – more... to show me and also learn from me ! so i got along with them pretty good.
The hardest part of the job for me was the conditions at times where very dirty considering we were working right beside a coker , and if you know how a live coker is well i need to say no more.
What i liked about this job was that on a daily basis i was learning lots about things that i was always interested in and it was always and a everyday learning the ins and outs , and gave me a chance to get great experience and the learning was everyday i was learning something new. learning was a wide open opurtunity .
P.S I hope this gives you a good ideal of what i think of theses company thanks – less
Ledcor has always been a great company to me and my wife,until this last job.id never worked with this group .and. Never will again.
Equipment operator.dozer grader truck (Current Employee), AlbertaApril 11, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: no safety, worst favouritism i've ever seen, people scared to be fired daily, no growth unless in the click
Every time previous I had worked with ledcor it's been about safety respect and fairness,I think this group hasn't yet been thought the ledcor values. To me safety means just that . If you break rules you get reprimanded ,not here however it first depends who you. If you are family(and there's a lot,)or friends .you do what you want whenever you want,including – more... showing up.it makes very little sense to have bbo's yellow cards or near miss cards if your Forman is gonna throw them away if they reflect a family member or friend .to sweet incidents under the rug cause your sleeping with that person seems irresponsible if not downright dangerous . Over 50 people on our crew alone were to afraid to say anything for fear of losing there job .i had been away from ledcor for 2,5 years while working in a coal mine ,and was shocked appalled and dare I say disgusted by the change in the ledcor values. I've always considered ledcor to be an amazing place to work and until mrm it has been. Don't get me wrong there is some formans there that still care , unfortunately they are below the ones that don't ,and have no chance at changing it. Or will be fired themselves (yes it did happen)will I or my wife work for mrm again? Not as long as the clicks that run it don't care about the values ledcor was made upon. Good luck to any of the new people there ,just so you know ledcor isn't really ran that poorly just mrm and a few bad/rotten apples that have spoiled the bunch.if your thinking this is all about sour grapes we actually have a signed letter over 50 people ( from 1 of 3 crews) that agree with everything and felt pushed to quit or fear there jobs daily – less
Able to manage your works
Field Technician (Former Employee), Vancouver BCApril 3, 2013
have a great times
friendly
manage your work day
great management communicate
GOOD JOB
Field Technician (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 29, 2013
Pros: drive truck
Cons: tools handling
snow time
sales skills
good manager
nice
removal snow
sales
very high paying job with camp accomadations
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 18, 2013
Pros: camp accomaditions, payed flights
Cons: laying in mud
a typical day at work was very interesting, alot of same work over and over but thinking about going home on your days off just made everything worth while.
i learned to master my ability to do overhead welding because we were welding on mostly pile caps.
the management were great to deal with and could bring any situation up with them all
coworkers – more... were really easy to get along with and to work with in the field
the hardest part of the job would have been lying in under piles in the mud and getting shocks from being damp but that all a part of the trade.

the most enjoyable part of the job would honestly be knowing that at the end of the cycle youd be going home to spend time with your family which i havent done in 4 years prior. – less
11 Months I worked for Ledcor, then hired permanent by TELUS
Telecommunications LTS, I & R 2007-2008 (Former Employee), Interior South, British ColumbiaMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great first level mangement
Cons: poor budget to pay mangers what they are worth...they should get as much as an engineer +
The Eleven months I was employed by Ledcor in the I&R telecom side for Telus I found to be most enjoyable.
Ledcor strove for safe work standards and maintaning quality control.
Manager at that time gave technicians under his supervision good guidence and kept intouch with excellent rapore.

I left Ledcor Tel to join Telus.
I would work for Ledcor again.
One of the top places to lurn, grow,and work.
skilled labour (Former Employee), Fort mcmurray, ABFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: money, food, camp, good people
Cons: long hours
It's a long shift working 12 hours 14 day's strate and with a job that changes every day but with good people at your side and learning some thing new every day makes it so werth it!
In a work place with danger lerking in every corner it's a must to be safe, alert, and ready ledcor makes sure we keep safe so we can go home safe.
giving the working grate – more... pay and seven days off after your 14 day's on is a grate way to travle and vent.
The hardes part is being away from family. – less
Coal Industry - Willow Creek Mine - Great company to work for
Maintenance Clerk/Buyer Relief (Former Employee), Chetwynd, BCJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: good salary, and learning opportunities
Cons: this location was located up on a mountain, too far from town.
Learned lots in the Coal Industry, great company to work for - diversified interes with Ledcor, many different opportunities are available through them, including good benefits, training, etc.
Very safety conscious workplace with many great people
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: layoffs
Standard 10 hour day with breaks and lunch
Safety is number one
Strict but friendly management with the workers safety in mind
Great co-workers
Productive and fun at workplace
Steamfitter/ Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 12, 2012
Pros: free foods
Cons: long hours
Generally,a sample indicates a goal to accomplish and a date to accomplish it.

I learned more about skills,life and goal.

Management is very good.

The best way to write a positive performance review about co.worker is by being sincere and honest.

The hardest part is trying to solve a problem with a deadline approaching.

The most enjoyable part – more... of the job are if there no nastiness, fighting, heated argument or bad feelings and always want to find a good solution. – less
Great company to work for!
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 6, 2012
Pros: can leave wallet at home as thier is no place to spend money up there.
Cons: had a terrible camp. stayed in one better than that in the late 80's.
Typical day at work started with safety meeting, then stretches, more safety documentation, then off to work.I learned many aspects of the oilfied industry as this was my first time to work up North. Management was great as they stood up for the workers and tried thier best to keep us happy.Co-workers were friendly and knowledgeable. The hardest part – more... of the job was the amount of time it takes to get a simple task done, due to so many safety factors. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills in the electrical trade. – less
work was great, long hours was challenging
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee), fort nelsonNovember 2, 2012
would work in industrial environment any time, long shifts were easy to get used to

About Ledcor

The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies, serving the building, oil – Read more