Ledcor Employee Reviews

Software Licenses Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 July 2015
Ledcor provides a great working atmosphere long with excellent perks such as benefits, discounts etc. The only problem is that more than 90% of management (close to 500) is made up of white males.
Pros
High wages, work/life balance
Cons
Very skewed racial demographics in management
Great Company
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 May 2016
I very much enjoy working at Ledcor however, when the site supervisor was changed he definitely ensures that he "takes care" of his friends first. Otherwise, a great experience and enjoy the company.
No Parts No tools No support
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2016
One of the least organized or supportive companies I ever worked for. Enormous stress placed on their mechanics by lack of parts tooling and reference materials. Expected equipment running whether there were parts to repair or not. Management removing mechanics do not operate tags when equipment not fixed, etc.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Constant stress
Horrible Safety Culture
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albian Sands27 August 2013
Ledcor does not care about their worker's safety. They punish anyone who brings up safety concerns, cover up incidents and don't report them to their clients. They hire inexperienced kids for Safety Coordinators because they're cheap. Management doesn't support them and bully them if they try to make changes.

If workers bring up safety concerns they are ignored and they are punished, usually by finding an excuse to fire them or lay them off at the first opportunity. Get hurt and go to first aid? Fired. Report an near miss? Fired.

They promote based on nepotism, not competence. Are disorganized and lie to get you to work for them. Avoid Ledcor at all costs.
Pros
Get paid on time.
Cons
Safety is an afterthought.

Comment – December 13, 2013

They still have one of the worst safety records at Albian. And they still cover up incidents. Shell is to blame as well. They know what's going on and they let them get away with it because they're cheap.

safety culture with some hard situations due to the nature of the proyect
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2012
this is a job that needs an extra effort due to the location,extreme weather and rotation of the personal, many situations to handle in very little time,
management doing a fine job with the rotations and accomodation ,transporttcion of personnel,
the job require 100% concentration of the perssonnel, every step of the way, at home, at the airport, at the lodge, and at the jobsite.
The proyect itself is a very interesting one, I personaly enjoy working on it.
Pros
free lodge, transportation and food. good pay rate
Cons
long hours and extra commute to job site
Great to work for
JOURNEYPERSON ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB28 May 2016
Great to work for. Team environment and reliable workers. Overtime isn't compensated like other sites I have been on. Will continue to stand behind ledcor
greta group of people to work with and always saftey orriented. if you did not understand something just ask.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC29 January 2016
typical day would be show up to work and have our safety meeting in the morning to find out what would be going on the site and discussing how to better productivity. always keeping safety in mind finding out how they can better the site. they want you going home safely to your family at the end of each day. Doing our proper pre trip inspections on all the machines and reporting any issues that need to be dealt with. 12 hr shifts are breaks were broken up evenly and you got two 15min breaks and a 30 min for lunch.
Northern Alberta Circus
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  FtHills, Alberta4 November 2015
Worked for very short term, 1 1/2/shifts, at Hills site doing concrete formwork.

Extremely congested worksite.
Numerous safety incidents, which probably didn't help the company in sustaining its work. Did not feel especially safe not well supported in taking issue with it to management. The day I arrived on site my foreman was suspended for having two crew members reporting incidents, both of which were very minor cuts or scrapes. Not conducive to reporting any further incidents.....

Tool crib was somewhat lacking, especially given they hired 30 new carpenters at once.
Throwing a bunch more guys at the work semed to work, even given the lack of additional management, since a bunch of new hires got laid of after only three or four weeks.
Management was poor, with little direction given to foremen until it was time to hurry up and get something done.
Full-time long term employees described it as the bigger Ledcor circus they had ever been on, but sadly it was the only game in town.
The only thing I miss is the pay.
Pros
Excellent pay. Camp was pretty decent. Suncor transportation system is actually pretty decent.
Cons
Management is a joke. Unsafe worksite.
Great culture and co-workers.
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2015
Ledcor is a great place to work. Corporate culture values on employee safety and well-being.

Managed a territory for VoIP service sales. Great co-workers that assisted in a team environment. Territory was my neighborhood, which made a work/life balance awesome ( no long commutes )

Data and decisions made by partner VoIP company made the position challenging.
Pros
Excellent culture
good loacation to work
Lead hand at Nova R3 expansion (Current Employee) –  Joffre, AB31 January 2016
being 20 min from home was nice having a clac job,with good benefits and wage, hopefully more work close to home is available in the future
Productive with Professional and supportive co-workers, family oriented
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills Site , Fort Mckay9 September 2013
Ledcor Industrial Group hasliterally been one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

I started work with them in the Suncor Voyageur Project and everyday since has been a such a learning and unforgettable experience.

Everyday, I find myself surrounded by such wealth of experience and knowledge and these co-workers are so supportive and sharing that at some point they became like family. We work hard together and we make time to unwind together.

Ledcor has taught me many things, how to embrace a safety first culture and a high standard of work ethic. Ledcor has also given me several opportunities to grow via their learning programs and short courses.

Management has always been supportive , fair and open. I have worked for two different management teams, with different styles. but they both share common Ledcor Values and commitments to their employees.

The best part of the job is just knowing your part of something, and in your own simple way your contributing to the project.

The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty. As they say in construction you are working yourself out of a job.
Pros
employee focused Management and efficient Organizational Processes
Cons
Uncertainty with regards to next project ( especially for a Fort Mcmurray Local)
It was a decent company to work for, I just wish it would have lasted longer.
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB20 November 2015
Ledcor has the possibilities for advancement if you "know" the right people. Unfortunately that's not the way I work or choose to make advancements in a company, so my time there was limited.
Productive job, friendly environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC18 November 2015
Wages were great, safety was a big priority (and at times way overdone- knives were not allowed) Plenty of hours but no travel time between terrace and the job site was paid (equaled about 2.5 hours per day!) Was not given much opportunity for advancement in the time I was there, which was disappointing.
Enjoyable
JM Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2016
I enjoyed working for ledcor, gave me a better outlook on working as a family. I would recommend ledcor to other tradesmen
good company to work for room for growth
Skilled Laborer/ Skidsteer operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2015
in my experience working for ledcor was great. I got hired on as a skilled labourer showed I could work hard and had a good head on my shoulders and they went above and beyond for me.
Great camp enviroment with comfortable accomidations great people to work with
Coating Crew Labourer (Current Employee) –  Wandering River, AB20 May 2015
early starts with long work hours. at the end of the day you really feel as if you accomplished something.
Lots of opportunity to learn new equipment and different types of tools not often seen on typical job sites.
management was incredible very positive and always helpful with any questions
excellent co-workers with can do attitudes everyone got along great
hardest part of the job was the weather conditions hitting -57 some days
most enjoyable part of the day was being in an environment not many people would get to see.
Pros
excellent camp facilities
Cons
never home gone for 3-4 months at a time.
construction div horrible place to work
assistant project manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver6 July 2015
Worked 8 yrs with Ledcor and enjoyed it. Until my mentor moved up and the new operation manager demoted all of the "other team" members to lower rankings and promoted his hockey team players into management roles they were unqualified for. I was demoted to clerk from PM and a forklift operator was made PM, then they asked me to train him! You can give these people your health and soul, but moment you need support they cast you out and ruin your rep. By the way, I can provide complete documents to prove all claims.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no loyalty, HR is political only, not supportive
Great Company No BS
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 September 2012
Ledcor was a great company to work for (Fort McMurray). Lots of benifits, competive wages and great management. If your hard working and easy to get along with this company will keep you for years to come.

I was never impressed with the union CLAC, and felt at times it hindered the company.

Over all great company.
Pros
lots of work, very safety concious, camp
Cons
21 and 7 turn around
efficent,organised and safety consious
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 July 2013
11 hour days,6 days a week month after month living on the road.politics run through every aspect of company.managers had a hard time coping with changing deadlines and locations.a good gruop of young and old workers.on the road constantly.people your work with.meeting new people everywhere you go.
Pros
paychecks, learning every back road in western canada
Cons
long hours and always on the road
Good company to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB18 February 2016
I've always had a good experience with Ledcor. They're a good company to work for. They believe highly in safety and making sure that every one and every thing is done safely. They take care of their workers.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Away from friends and family for long periods of time