Ledcor

Ledcor Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good
Safety coordinator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 16, 2013
• Conducting daily and weekly site inspections
• Behaviour Based Observation reports
• Creation and updating of JHA’s and SWP
• Working in Both team based and independent environments
• Joint Occupational health and safety committee meeting
• Conducting orientations for new and experienced workers
• Ensuring OH&S and company policies are in place and – more... being followed
• Ensuring safe work procedures, hazard controls are in place and PPE requirements are met
• Incident investigations
• Led/coordinated daily tool box and weekly safety meetings
• Issuing all Personal Protection Equipment to new workers
• Calibrating and bump testing gas monitors – less
Productive and Fun workplace
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: longer work hours and for from home
Ledcor is one of the top 100 Canadian employers and is very good place to work.
Very satisfactory
APPRENTICE PIPEFITTER (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABSeptember 12, 2013
As a second year apprentice you look for work where you can get a lot of training and be able to work with experienced fitters and ledcor provided that. i learned a lot in my period working with them and i hope to work for them again sometime in the future.
great camp conditions, fare wage and good hours
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: free room and board
Cons: no scenery and mountains, and not much for activities in the evenings
The cabin gas plant was fun. Being exposed to such a big company like ledcor, and their safety and environmental starndards was a positive eye opener
Productive with Professional and supportive co-workers, family oriented
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Hills Site , Fort MckaySeptember 9, 2013
Pros: employee focused management and efficient organizational processes
Cons: uncertainty with regards to next project ( especially for a fort mcmurray local)
Ledcor Industrial Group hasliterally been one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

I started work with them in the Suncor Voyageur Project and everyday since has been a such a learning and unforgettable experience.

Everyday, I find myself surrounded by such wealth of experience and knowledge and these co-workers are so supportive and sharing – more... that at some point they became like family. We work hard together and we make time to unwind together.

Ledcor has taught me many things, how to embrace a safety first culture and a high standard of work ethic. Ledcor has also given me several opportunities to grow via their learning programs and short courses.

Management has always been supportive , fair and open. I have worked for two different management teams, with different styles. but they both share common Ledcor Values and commitments to their employees.

The best part of the job is just knowing your part of something, and in your own simple way your contributing to the project.

The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty. As they say in construction you are working yourself out of a job. – less
good atmasphre
heavy hauler driver 777 (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
this was a good bunch of people to work with. the foreman were great explaning wath to do each day
Horrible Safety Culture
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Albian SandsAugust 27, 2013
Pros: get paid on time.
Cons: safety is an afterthought.
Ledcor does not care about their worker's safety. They punish anyone who brings up safety concerns, cover up incidents and don't report them to their clients. They hire inexperienced kids for Safety Coordinators because they're cheap. Management doesn't support them and bully them if they try to make changes.

If workers bring up safety concerns they – more... are ignored and they are punished, usually by finding an excuse to fire them or lay them off at the first opportunity. Get hurt and go to first aid? Fired. Report an near miss? Fired.

They promote based on nepotism, not competence. Are disorganized and lie to get you to work for them. Avoid Ledcor at all costs. – less

SteveB – December 13, 2013

They still have one of the worst safety records at Albian. And they still cover up incidents. Shell is to blame as well. They know what's going on and they let them get away with it because they're cheap.

Great Company to work with
Parts Runner (Former Employee), Chetwynd, BCAugust 24, 2013
Pros: christmas parties, family picnics
Cons: being a part of developement is great, although the job comes to an end.
Very approachable management, encouraging and respectful.
Great experience being the parts runner, everyday has different challenge.
Learning new areas of the mine, picking up parts from lots of different locations. Interacting with all types of service personal,found this fun and interesting made lots of new friends.
I love driving and interacting – more... with people, so this was a great job opportunity. – less
Great people to work with and good work
1st Year Electrical apprentice (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABAugust 10, 2013
Ledcor was an enjoyable experience for me. The people were great and good to work with. Being my first construction job I learned a fare amount about the trade and over all was happy with my experience there.
Good bunch of people
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee), albertaAugust 9, 2013
Pros: free gifts
Good bunch of people that under stand and try to help out in bad times.
Very stable/experienced employer
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 7, 2013
At first its very intimidating working for such a large company. But soon you fit into the groove. Sometimes you need to step forward to get noticed. The camp lifestyle is one of the hardest things to get used to. The wages you earn make it a bit more tolerable.
Good Company
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ON. Toronto, ON, Niagara Falls, ONAugust 4, 2013
Worked in different environments - Residential But each day was different but fun
Each project had its set of unique challenges - Safety was at the forefront in those projects
Management - Good
Co-workers - Good
Hardest part was completion of the project
Enjoyable part was I had the opportunity to work with some highly qualified and expereinced workers
efficent,organised and safety consious
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2013
Pros: paychecks, learning every back road in western canada
Cons: long hours and always on the road
11 hour days,6 days a week month after month living on the road.politics run through every aspect of company.managers had a hard time coping with changing deadlines and locations.a good gruop of young and old workers.on the road constantly.people your work with.meeting new people everywhere you go.
ledcor
Parts Driver/Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), edmontonJuly 16, 2013
excellent place to work
with lots of room for growth
learn a lot
management is there for you when you need them
coworkers are fun and sensitive to ones personal opinion or culture
I worked for them for 6.5 years
SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Vancouver BCJuly 5, 2013
Cons: good pay
I bent over backwards for them and got tossed out like the trash. I prefer not to comment about the company.
Productive knowledgeable workplace
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort Mcmurray ABMay 27, 2013
I like working at Ledcor as it put saftey first and i have the chance to learn new jobs and work on new equipment. Everyone i work with is fair and i like the saftey meetings in the morning that gives you a chance to review.
camp setting was great ! all the necisity were there for me
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 14, 2013
Pros: excellent wages
Cons: not enuf o.t for me lol
with this company there number 1 thing was safety wich with me is a big thing. And also with them i got the oppurtunity to learn alot about hydro testing and codes on pipefitting really good experience for me . My big boss was the super intendant of this job i was on and i culdnt ask for any better on the management part.
And my co workers were willing – more... to show me and also learn from me ! so i got along with them pretty good.
The hardest part of the job for me was the conditions at times where very dirty considering we were working right beside a coker , and if you know how a live coker is well i need to say no more.
What i liked about this job was that on a daily basis i was learning lots about things that i was always interested in and it was always and a everyday learning the ins and outs , and gave me a chance to get great experience and the learning was everyday i was learning something new. learning was a wide open opurtunity .
P.S I hope this gives you a good ideal of what i think of theses company thanks – less
Ledcor has always been a great company to me and my wife,until this last job.id never worked with this group .and. Never will again.
Equipment operator.dozer grader truck (Current Employee), AlbertaApril 11, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: no safety, worst favouritism i've ever seen, people scared to be fired daily, no growth unless in the click
Every time previous I had worked with ledcor it's been about safety respect and fairness,I think this group hasn't yet been thought the ledcor values. To me safety means just that . If you break rules you get reprimanded ,not here however it first depends who you. If you are family(and there's a lot,)or friends .you do what you want whenever you want,including – more... showing up.it makes very little sense to have bbo's yellow cards or near miss cards if your Forman is gonna throw them away if they reflect a family member or friend .to sweet incidents under the rug cause your sleeping with that person seems irresponsible if not downright dangerous . Over 50 people on our crew alone were to afraid to say anything for fear of losing there job .i had been away from ledcor for 2,5 years while working in a coal mine ,and was shocked appalled and dare I say disgusted by the change in the ledcor values. I've always considered ledcor to be an amazing place to work and until mrm it has been. Don't get me wrong there is some formans there that still care , unfortunately they are below the ones that don't ,and have no chance at changing it. Or will be fired themselves (yes it did happen)will I or my wife work for mrm again? Not as long as the clicks that run it don't care about the values ledcor was made upon. Good luck to any of the new people there ,just so you know ledcor isn't really ran that poorly just mrm and a few bad/rotten apples that have spoiled the bunch.if your thinking this is all about sour grapes we actually have a signed letter over 50 people ( from 1 of 3 crews) that agree with everything and felt pushed to quit or fear there jobs daily – less
Able to manage your works
Field Technician (Former Employee), Vancouver BCApril 3, 2013
have a great times
friendly
manage your work day
great management communicate
GOOD JOB
Field Technician (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 29, 2013
Pros: drive truck
Cons: tools handling
snow time
sales skills
good manager
nice
removal snow
sales

About Ledcor

The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies, serving the building, oil – Read more