Ledcor Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
HUMAN RESOURCES/TRAVEL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 April 2016
My time at Ledcor was truly one of the best work based experiences I've ever had. The management team were very helpful and very considerate to your needs. Even though they are such a huge company, they made you feel like an individual and not a number like most huge organizations. I would work for them again if the opportunity came up.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
I no longer work there
My responsibilities
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 September 2016
Everyday it was my job to get all the materials ready for each crew to do there job that day.

I would then get the paper work up to date and start going through the list of things that needed to be ordered for the day.

Next was to ship and receive materials and put inventory away.
Great place to work.
Business Development Rep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2016
Great opportunity for growth and relationship building. Open, honest environment with amazing work life balance.

Management is easy to access and approach.
R3 Expansion at nova joffre
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Joffre, AB13 June 2016
Its only been a short time the 6 months I have worked with ledcor at nova joffre but I have never worked in a place where they are so concerned about your well being and safety. It is nice to work in such an environment where they not only talk about safety and care of their workers but actually do it. I want to thank ledger and nova for taking it to a new level and making it such a safe place so their workers can come home safe.
Truly has been a great experience.
Productive Environment, very safe place to work
Journeyman Electrician and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Keal Lake, AB27 April 2015
-Typical day at work would include running cable tray or teck cable, and terminations of cables, junction box installation, rigid piping etc. while on construction, and performing QC related duties on a day to day basis while in Quality Control (eg. review prints, test cables, verify proper installation, sell systems to clients etc.)

- Learned an abundance of information related to system checks and sale of systems to clients on site.

- Good management, easily accessible, open for discussion.

- Good co-workers, easy to get along with, pleasant environment.

- Hardest part of job was being away from family.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and satisfaction upon completing tasks.
Pros
Good work environment, good benefits, RRSP's etc.
Cons
Travel, being away from home.
hard work and good money but not much of a social life
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 April 2016
I learned lots and had fun doing it. Met lots of interesting people that I learned lots of knowledge from. Ledcor was big on safety which was a huge bout because the work was dangerous.
Pros
money was great
Software Licenses Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 July 2015
Ledcor provides a great working atmosphere long with excellent perks such as benefits, discounts etc. The only problem is that more than 90% of management (close to 500) is made up of white males.
Pros
High wages, work/life balance
Cons
Very skewed racial demographics in management
probably wouldn't work for them again
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB29 June 2016
Ok company to work for. Pay check on time. A lot of training and certification for fall arrest and other safety training provided. Go to school for apprenticeship, no job to return to, they will just lay you off. They do not seem to support apprentices, just use them for cheap labourers.
Great company to work for
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 August 2016
great company to work for would continue to work for them if there was more work available. Lots of great people work here.
All employees are treated with respect and appreciated
Rock Truck / Heavy Hauler Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 April 2016
Daily Tool box / safety meeting prior to commencing work.

Fill out Field Level Hazard Assessment and update through out the day.

Carry out pretrip equipment inspection, fill out equipment logs and report any leaks or damage.

Operate equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manor performing the required task of staging for loading, hauling and dumping of material at designated area.

Helping others with their task providing assistance and or polite respectful intervention if necessary to mitigate an unsafe condition or act
Pros
Flights & Camp accommodations provided
Horrible Safety Culture
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albian Sands27 August 2013
Ledcor does not care about their worker's safety. They punish anyone who brings up safety concerns, cover up incidents and don't report them to their clients. They hire inexperienced kids for Safety Coordinators because they're cheap. Management doesn't support them and bully them if they try to make changes.

If workers bring up safety concerns they are ignored and they are punished, usually by finding an excuse to fire them or lay them off at the first opportunity. Get hurt and go to first aid? Fired. Report an near miss? Fired.

They promote based on nepotism, not competence. Are disorganized and lie to get you to work for them. Avoid Ledcor at all costs.
Pros
Get paid on time.
Cons
Safety is an afterthought.

Comment – December 13, 2013

They still have one of the worst safety records at Albian. And they still cover up incidents. Shell is to blame as well. They know what's going on and they let them get away with it because they're cheap.

great working environment- Challenging work.
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB17 February 2016
working with ledcor was a great opportunity for myself, Because I started out as a labourer then got into the Ironworker trade (Structural) Which I really enjoyed making my days go by fast. Learning more and more great skills from this trade.
Pros
Long hours and Good wage
Cons
going home when there is thunder.
safety culture with some hard situations due to the nature of the proyect
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2012
this is a job that needs an extra effort due to the location,extreme weather and rotation of the personal, many situations to handle in very little time,
management doing a fine job with the rotations and accomodation ,transporttcion of personnel,
the job require 100% concentration of the perssonnel, every step of the way, at home, at the airport, at the lodge, and at the jobsite.
The proyect itself is a very interesting one, I personaly enjoy working on it.
Pros
free lodge, transportation and food. good pay rate
Cons
long hours and extra commute to job site
Great learning experience
Ironworker (Current Employee) –  Red deer Alberta11 July 2016
Great crews, employees taken care of. Crews want to work and build safely and effectively. Crews help one another in doing all jobs not just the one they want.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Out of home province
Productive with Professional and supportive co-workers, family oriented
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills Site , Fort Mckay9 September 2013
Ledcor Industrial Group hasliterally been one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

I started work with them in the Suncor Voyageur Project and everyday since has been a such a learning and unforgettable experience.

Everyday, I find myself surrounded by such wealth of experience and knowledge and these co-workers are so supportive and sharing that at some point they became like family. We work hard together and we make time to unwind together.

Ledcor has taught me many things, how to embrace a safety first culture and a high standard of work ethic. Ledcor has also given me several opportunities to grow via their learning programs and short courses.

Management has always been supportive , fair and open. I have worked for two different management teams, with different styles. but they both share common Ledcor Values and commitments to their employees.

The best part of the job is just knowing your part of something, and in your own simple way your contributing to the project.

The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty. As they say in construction you are working yourself out of a job.
Pros
employee focused Management and efficient Organizational Processes
Cons
Uncertainty with regards to next project ( especially for a Fort Mcmurray Local)
Great culture and co-workers.
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2015
Ledcor is a great place to work. Corporate culture values on employee safety and well-being.

Managed a territory for VoIP service sales. Great co-workers that assisted in a team environment. Territory was my neighborhood, which made a work/life balance awesome ( no long commutes )

Data and decisions made by partner VoIP company made the position challenging.
Pros
Excellent culture
No Parts No tools No support
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2016
One of the least organized or supportive companies I ever worked for. Enormous stress placed on their mechanics by lack of parts tooling and reference materials. Expected equipment running whether there were parts to repair or not. Management removing mechanics do not operate tags when equipment not fixed, etc.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Constant stress
Great Company
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 May 2016
I very much enjoy working at Ledcor however, when the site supervisor was changed he definitely ensures that he "takes care" of his friends first. Otherwise, a great experience and enjoy the company.
Northern Alberta Circus
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  FtHills, Alberta4 November 2015
Worked for very short term, 1 1/2/shifts, at Hills site doing concrete formwork.

Extremely congested worksite.
Numerous safety incidents, which probably didn't help the company in sustaining its work. Did not feel especially safe not well supported in taking issue with it to management. The day I arrived on site my foreman was suspended for having two crew members reporting incidents, both of which were very minor cuts or scrapes. Not conducive to reporting any further incidents.....

Tool crib was somewhat lacking, especially given they hired 30 new carpenters at once.
Throwing a bunch more guys at the work semed to work, even given the lack of additional management, since a bunch of new hires got laid of after only three or four weeks.
Management was poor, with little direction given to foremen until it was time to hurry up and get something done.
Full-time long term employees described it as the bigger Ledcor circus they had ever been on, but sadly it was the only game in town.
The only thing I miss is the pay.
Pros
Excellent pay. Camp was pretty decent. Suncor transportation system is actually pretty decent.
Cons
Management is a joke. Unsafe worksite.
greta group of people to work with and always saftey orriented. if you did not understand something just ask.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC29 January 2016
typical day would be show up to work and have our safety meeting in the morning to find out what would be going on the site and discussing how to better productivity. always keeping safety in mind finding out how they can better the site. they want you going home safely to your family at the end of each day. Doing our proper pre trip inspections on all the machines and reporting any issues that need to be dealt with. 12 hr shifts are breaks were broken up evenly and you got two 15min breaks and a 30 min for lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.