Ledcor Employee Reviews

Gaslighting the Way
IS Emplyoee (Current Employee) –  Corporate3 November 2016
Immediate management in IT is best described as self serving sociopaths. They do not trust anyone but themselves and there is a constant battle between egos across departments.
Pros
interesting industries
Cons
management is insane
Fun work environment. Great safety culture
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB1 November 2016
I have enjoyed my employment with the company. I have gained lots of experience here and it's great to enjoy comming to work everyday.
Pros
Great training
Dishonest Hiring Practices
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 November 2016
Was told by the recruiter I was being hired for a day shift. I gave notice at the company I was working with that I would be finished in a month. Two days before the new job started I was called and told it would be a night shift. Due to a medical issue I am unable to work nights and told the recruiter. They said to talk it out with the general foreman and superintendent. Neither of them cared.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, no transfers
Very Pleased With Company
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB27 October 2016
Company was very professional and cared about there workers needs and safety. Would definetly work for them again if the opportunity presented itself.
Competitive Job Scope
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB25 October 2016
It was fun and challenging at the same time, however you do run in to some managment that can be tough to deal with. Had a great time working here, learned lots and always looked forward to going to work.
Poor management and poor moral
3rd year apprentice (Former Employee) –  Jacos22 September 2016
Two hours a day we were not paid for. Strict with break. Supervision has little faith in there employees. Preach safety but don't practice what they preach.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
No job security
Great place to build yourself as a person.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2016
I learned lots about telecommunications, grew immensely on my personal development. Met some life long friends. Awesome 12-8 shifts. Management struggled towards the end of my resignment, resulting in a few people leaving the company. Promises were made and not kept about advancement in the company. Hardest part of the job is dealing with is the objections with customers. Most enjoyable part of this job was there was always something new, such as going to another city/town, seeing and meeting new people.
Pros
Company Directors are absolutely awesome.
Cons
Comission based salary.
My responsibilities
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 September 2016
Everyday it was my job to get all the materials ready for each crew to do there job that day.

I would then get the paper work up to date and start going through the list of things that needed to be ordered for the day.

Next was to ship and receive materials and put inventory away.
Great
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 August 2016
Ledcor was great because it mixed older experienced workers with young workers like myself at the time who were just entering the "real world" and gave us knowledge we could use outside of work, as well as inside the workplace. They gave everybody an equal opportunity at different jobs and running equipment to prove themselves, before deciding on who to give the job to.
Pros
Knowledgebale people, great salary.
Cons
Very Long Hours
Productive but pressured to produce
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 August 2016
Unhealthy mentality brought into the workplace by the boss in my location. Favorites were chosen among the workers by the boss and if you weren't a favorite you were bullied. Incidents happened because workers were afraid to ask the boss on how to go about a task and if they did ask instead of explaining he would go out and do the whole task by himself, making the workers feel incompetent and foolish. I did learn a great deal while I was there from my co-workers. The environment created by the workers was something I had never experienced before, everyone was incredibly kind and eager to help each other out to get the job done. Unfortunately the work environment was still miserable because of the fear the boss instilled on the employees.
Pros
Great people to work alongside with
Cons
Miserable people to work under
Great company to work for
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 August 2016
great company to work for would continue to work for them if there was more work available. Lots of great people work here.
Good Money, poor management
SITE RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB2 August 2016
Coworkers were people of various trades and job titles. For the most part everyone was easy to get along with. Safety was a big concern though sometimes it was taken too far and prevented work from being completed in a timely fashion. Good, organised hard working individuals were let go for small infractions. Others, victims of workplace violence/harrassment, etc were punished along with the perpetrators of the violence/harrassment.
Inexperienced Supervisors. Unsupportive management.
Family members working closely together created resentment as they were viewed to be favoured.
Pros
Ecellent wages/pay and benefits
Cons
Bureaucratic nightmare; poor communication; poor treatment of employees
no loyality to workers
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2016
Worked there for about five years straight and thought it was the best place I had ever worked. I had to take a few months off because of sickness, they told me to let them know when I was ready to return, so when I got my clearance note from my doctor, I called my superintendent to let him know I was ready to return to full duties.....he said "I don't have anything for you". I was just sick to my stomach. I never had a problem there , did my job in a safe manner, and got along with everyone. They tell workers that they are like "family" to them....don't fall into THAT trap.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
they treat their loyal workers like trash
Great work environment, great pay and job security
Office Assistant/Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2016
Ledcor is an awesome place to work. There is always opportunity to move up in the company and they pay really well. The office has a gym and cafe and some areas have balcony's with bbq, and there is a track out back. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Free lunches, opportunity for advancement
Great learning experience
Ironworker (Current Employee) –  Red deer Alberta11 July 2016
Great crews, employees taken care of. Crews want to work and build safely and effectively. Crews help one another in doing all jobs not just the one they want.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Out of home province
probably wouldn't work for them again
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB29 June 2016
Ok company to work for. Pay check on time. A lot of training and certification for fall arrest and other safety training provided. Go to school for apprenticeship, no job to return to, they will just lay you off. They do not seem to support apprentices, just use them for cheap labourers.
R3 Expansion at nova joffre
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Joffre, AB13 June 2016
Its only been a short time the 6 months I have worked with ledcor at nova joffre but I have never worked in a place where they are so concerned about your well being and safety. It is nice to work in such an environment where they not only talk about safety and care of their workers but actually do it. I want to thank ledger and nova for taking it to a new level and making it such a safe place so their workers can come home safe.
Truly has been a great experience.
Great to work for
JOURNEYPERSON ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB28 May 2016
Great to work for. Team environment and reliable workers. Overtime isn't compensated like other sites I have been on. Will continue to stand behind ledcor
Great Company
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 May 2016
I very much enjoy working at Ledcor however, when the site supervisor was changed he definitely ensures that he "takes care" of his friends first. Otherwise, a great experience and enjoy the company.
hard work and good money but not much of a social life
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 April 2016
I learned lots and had fun doing it. Met lots of interesting people that I learned lots of knowledge from. Ledcor was big on safety which was a huge bout because the work was dangerous.
Pros
money was great
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval