Ledcor Employee Reviews in Canada

construction div horrible place to work
assistant project manager (Former Employee) –  VancouverJuly 6, 2015
Worked 8 yrs with Ledcor and enjoyed it. Until my mentor moved up and the new operation manager demoted all of the "other team" members to lower rankings and promoted his hockey team players into management roles they were unqualified for. I was demoted to clerk from PM and a forklift operator was made PM, then they asked me to train him! You can give these people your health and soul, but moment you need support they cast you out and ruin your rep. By the way, I can provide complete documents to prove all claims.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no loyalty, HR is political only, not supportive
Family
Lead Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 20, 2015
My co-worker have become family to me. They made work more enjoyable. It is awesome to see a company with great structure.
Fun place towork
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJune 13, 2015
Ledcor Fabrication is a very good place to work and they are good to their employees and i really enjoyed my time of employment with them. I was able to learn a great deal of work and experience. my achievement in the field of learning was due to the opportunity I was given to expand on my scopes of learning. I will work for them any day.
Great culture and co-workers.
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
Ledcor is a great place to work. Corporate culture values on employee safety and well-being.

Managed a territory for VoIP service sales. Great co-workers that assisted in a team environment. Territory was my neighborhood, which made a work/life balance awesome ( no long commutes )

Data and decisions made by partner VoIP company made the position challenging.
Pros
Excellent culture
good place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2015
Ledcor was a excellent place to work withgreat pay and excellent management.Nice new equipment to operate.good crew to work with and lots of experience on job
Pros
accomodations in camp were nice
Great camp enviroment with comfortable accomidations great people to work with
Coating Crew Labourer (Current Employee) –  Wandering River, ABMay 20, 2015
early starts with long work hours. at the end of the day you really feel as if you accomplished something.
Lots of opportunity to learn new equipment and different types of tools not often seen on typical job sites.
management was incredible very positive and always helpful with any questions
excellent co-workers with can do attitudes everyone got along great
hardest part of the job was the weather conditions hitting -57 some days
most enjoyable part of the day was being in an environment not many people would get to see.
Pros
excellent camp facilities
Cons
never home gone for 3-4 months at a time.
Dirt work
Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Worsley, ABMay 6, 2015
Meet with foreman and go over dayplan and what to expect.Learned communication and equipment operation skills.This job was not hard and was in a familiar environment.
Productive Environment, very safe place to work
Journeyman Electrician and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Keal Lake, ABApril 27, 2015
-Typical day at work would include running cable tray or teck cable, and terminations of cables, junction box installation, rigid piping etc. while on construction, and performing QC related duties on a day to day basis while in Quality Control (eg. review prints, test cables, verify proper installation, sell systems to clients etc.)

- Learned an abundance of information related to system checks and sale of systems to clients on site.

- Good management, easily accessible, open for discussion.

- Good co-workers, easy to get along with, pleasant environment.

- Hardest part of job was being away from family.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and satisfaction upon completing tasks.
Pros
Good work environment, good benefits, RRSP's etc.
Cons
Travel, being away from home.
a day at ledcor
Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABApril 20, 2015
I Really enjoy Ledcor, but I am a young Apprentice and i want to see more of the trade, Bigger cranes, more experence before I go to school for my 3rd period.
good wage good co workers
Pipe fitter (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABApril 4, 2015
great place to work wish they had more work so i could stay on best crew of guys i worked with before the wage was the highest ive got as an apprentice
Good place to work if money is not an issue
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Grande Cache, ABApril 1, 2015
Its a great place to work with great hours and safety is a very large part of every job . The money is a little small in the summer time as there is no overtime . It would be great for someone with no bills and getting close to retirement .
Pros
Great hours and people to work with
Cons
paychecks are small during the summer season
Ledcor
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  EdmontonMarch 26, 2015
Great company to work for and a great place to learn from others. Had a lot of field experience and have come along way from when i started.
Pros
Great work atmosphere. Company culture is amazing and you can really feel the team.
Cons
Really long shifts away from home and in camp without rotations.
Fun job,great crew, close to home!
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nisku,ABMarch 9, 2015
Had a very positive experience at Ledcor, it was nice and close to my home. Good yard, very well organized! Lots of opportunity to try all the different aspects of being an electrician in a mod yard.
Great Place to work
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  edmonton, abMarch 1, 2015
There are great people who work for Ledcor, it is a more stable company in today's economy that helps. I would recommend this company to anyone!
very good company, reasonable management
Technician (Current Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 19, 2015
people in this company care about it's own people and others. good benefit, might need to be re-structured for more competivieness
I loved working for ledcor
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BCFebruary 15, 2015
great company.great people. I looked forward to going to work every day.I learned a lot about what it takes to build a road over a mountain.I worked 11 months in Kitimat.laid off Oct.12 2014.Hardest part off the was the terrain very steep you really had to pay attention to your surroundings.The most beautiful scenery.
Pros
pay
Cons
rain
Lies and broken promises
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  JoffreFebruary 10, 2015
Quit my $45 an hour job to work for them because it was a promises in a stable career. Big mistake, got one day of orientation and then let go the next day after 2 hours of work. No reason given to as I was let go, but thats unions for you

Union buddies in the loop only matter
Pros
the hr lady at the office is a good person
Cons
the on site supervisor should be replaced
I do enjoy working at my current job.
Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 29, 2015
I get up at 5am go to Tim's for breakfast and coffee, took a ferry to site not big enough for all to be inside out of the elements. one thing I did learn was, when the heater quits on the bus it could always be worse. ..
Pros
great bunch of guys to work with.
Cons
i did learn lots.
Great Place to Work. Great facilities.
Heavy Equipment Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  ABJanuary 27, 2015
Loved the work. Great food and facilities. Management and co workers good. Made good friends.
Pros
all good.
prductive fun workplace
Skilled labourer, Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BCJanuary 23, 2015
Good management, Great company to work for, fun and productive workplace
Pros
great camp
Cons
end of work