Ledcor

Ledcor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good
Apprentice pipe fitter (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2013
good liked it there. fair rate. good management good environment.
good rate.
I can apply my skills and knowledge, Work in an environment that value the safety of everyone, and eventually acquire career Growth and to the company
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee), EdmontonDecember 8, 2013
Pros: free food and lodgging while in camp
Cons: 14/7 shift of work
Ledcor is a very good company. Good relationship betwen management and worker,my co-workers are friendly.I learned a lots of work to my co-worker.
Ledcor takes pride in the work they do and safty .
pipeline Labourer (Former Employee), NWTDecember 4, 2013
We start the day with a tailgate meeting about the task to be preform, that really get the crew prepare for the day.
just starting out as a fitter
first year pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 27, 2013
Pros: long hours
Cons: no loa
hi i am just starting out as a fitter and i am really liking it i have learned a lot and wanna learn a lot more and get up to a j ticket a tipical day at work was flying pip in and put of the work area with a crane or a boom truck, assist welders with cutting and beveling the pipe then after welder welded we installed pipe doing bolt up. i have learned – more... a lot but i need to know a lot more and i wanna learn to so di safely with other coworker i can ask questions. the hardest part of the job is not knowing what i had to to while doing a big lift i stood back ad asked my forman where he wanted me and what to do. i enjoy the job because it is a good gay that passes and i learn a lot every day i went back to camp with somthing nw under my belt – less
flexible
Managed Services Technician (Current Employee), edmontonNovember 26, 2013
great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great
Past employee
forman (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 17, 2013
Ledcor is a great company to work for at the site level but needs a big change in the upper managment level.[ Send all the managers back to North American]
good place to work, consistent and always busy
Skilled Labourer & Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good work
Cons: management not focused on every ones individual interests
consistent work always busy, no grey areas. although was promised advancement, it never came.
job did not have enough work to keep electricians busy
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), christina lake poplar ridge campNovember 11, 2013
over staff of workers on job and hardest job was trying to keep busy so does not allow employee the chance to show work skills.
Living arrangements
Supervisor (Current Employee), Kitimat, BCNovember 5, 2013
Pros: nice crew to work with.
Cons: you are with them more than your family.to long of a shift.
I think they could have done a much better job in the living arrangements. Shuttle service to and from the airport. Travel time that is not covered , getting home at a late time of night. you are putting in 15 hours and getting paid for 12.5. A camp that has been promised for a year now still not in place. You are up at 4:30am and you get back to town – more... at 8:30 / 9pm. You go to eat at a restaurant that closes at 9 you rush home to shower and hopefully you get to sleep by 11pm. So you are sleep deprived not enough time to rest. There are many times men say that they are burnt out and making stupid mistakes on the job.To me That is an unsafe work place. – less
Would have liked to advance with the complany
Dozer / Excavator Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 4, 2013
Days were routine, safety was a strong factor, management fair, co-workers were dedicated and the hardest part was working through the night if your job was not too involved. Where the more enjoyable part of the job was the working atmosphere.
When there, it was brand new facilities-nice.
Crewmember 5, packer operator (Former Employee), Mt Milligan Mine SiteSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: everything was supplied-rooms, showers, meals, gym
Cons: getting use to night shift
The work hours were 10.5 and 11 hours long. Typical breaks, lunch. Learned the packer machine, and rode in rock trucks while nothing for the packer machine.
The management I thought was good. The co-workers were great because this was my first exposure to camps, and this kind of work.
The hardest part was shift change, never dealt with it before.
The – more... most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers and of course getting off shift. – less
Full active day
shop foreman (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2013
Morning toolbox talk, stretches, flha's schedule repairs and mechanics, hands on repairs. Safety walks, review equipment schedules with management and other disiplines to co-ordinate repair around their schedules. Sometimes it becomes frustrating when parts are delayed, then I redirect work schedules to acommidate the hours in the day. The most enjoyable – more... part of my day is completion of a task and thanking the mechanics for there effort and hard work. – less
Good management, well organized.
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Fort MacSeptember 16, 2013
Great management. Work, travel, and accommodations were always well organized. They offer lots of new training and new job experiences. Overall a good company to work for.
good
Safety coordinator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 16, 2013
• Conducting daily and weekly site inspections
• Behaviour Based Observation reports
• Creation and updating of JHA’s and SWP
• Working in Both team based and independent environments
• Joint Occupational health and safety committee meeting
• Conducting orientations for new and experienced workers
• Ensuring OH&S and company policies are in place and – more... being followed
• Ensuring safe work procedures, hazard controls are in place and PPE requirements are met
• Incident investigations
• Led/coordinated daily tool box and weekly safety meetings
• Issuing all Personal Protection Equipment to new workers
• Calibrating and bump testing gas monitors – less
Productive and Fun workplace
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: longer work hours and for from home
Ledcor is one of the top 100 Canadian employers and is very good place to work.
Very satisfactory
APPRENTICE PIPEFITTER (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABSeptember 12, 2013
As a second year apprentice you look for work where you can get a lot of training and be able to work with experienced fitters and ledcor provided that. i learned a lot in my period working with them and i hope to work for them again sometime in the future.
great camp conditions, fare wage and good hours
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: free room and board
Cons: no scenery and mountains, and not much for activities in the evenings
The cabin gas plant was fun. Being exposed to such a big company like ledcor, and their safety and environmental starndards was a positive eye opener
Productive with Professional and supportive co-workers, family oriented
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Hills Site , Fort MckaySeptember 9, 2013
Pros: employee focused management and efficient organizational processes
Cons: uncertainty with regards to next project ( especially for a fort mcmurray local)
Ledcor Industrial Group hasliterally been one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

I started work with them in the Suncor Voyageur Project and everyday since has been a such a learning and unforgettable experience.

Everyday, I find myself surrounded by such wealth of experience and knowledge and these co-workers are so supportive and sharing – more... that at some point they became like family. We work hard together and we make time to unwind together.

Ledcor has taught me many things, how to embrace a safety first culture and a high standard of work ethic. Ledcor has also given me several opportunities to grow via their learning programs and short courses.

Management has always been supportive , fair and open. I have worked for two different management teams, with different styles. but they both share common Ledcor Values and commitments to their employees.

The best part of the job is just knowing your part of something, and in your own simple way your contributing to the project.

The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty. As they say in construction you are working yourself out of a job. – less
good atmasphre
heavy hauler driver 777 (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
this was a good bunch of people to work with. the foreman were great explaning wath to do each day
Horrible Safety Culture
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Albian SandsAugust 27, 2013
Pros: get paid on time.
Cons: safety is an afterthought.
Ledcor does not care about their worker's safety. They punish anyone who brings up safety concerns, cover up incidents and don't report them to their clients. They hire inexperienced kids for Safety Coordinators because they're cheap. Management doesn't support them and bully them if they try to make changes.

If workers bring up safety concerns they – more... are ignored and they are punished, usually by finding an excuse to fire them or lay them off at the first opportunity. Get hurt and go to first aid? Fired. Report an near miss? Fired.

They promote based on nepotism, not competence. Are disorganized and lie to get you to work for them. Avoid Ledcor at all costs. – less

December 13, 2013

They still have one of the worst safety records at Albian. And they still cover up incidents. Shell is to blame as well. They know what's going on and they let them get away with it because they're cheap.

About Ledcor

The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies, serving the building, oil – Read more