Ledcor Employee Reviews

R3 Expansion at nova joffre
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Joffre, AB13 June 2016
Its only been a short time the 6 months I have worked with ledcor at nova joffre but I have never worked in a place where they are so concerned about your well being and safety. It is nice to work in such an environment where they not only talk about safety and care of their workers but actually do it. I want to thank ledger and nova for taking it to a new level and making it such a safe place so their workers can come home safe.
Truly has been a great experience.
Great to work for
JOURNEYPERSON ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB28 May 2016
Great to work for. Team environment and reliable workers. Overtime isn't compensated like other sites I have been on. Will continue to stand behind ledcor
Great Company
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 May 2016
I very much enjoy working at Ledcor however, when the site supervisor was changed he definitely ensures that he "takes care" of his friends first. Otherwise, a great experience and enjoy the company.
hard work and good money but not much of a social life
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 April 2016
I learned lots and had fun doing it. Met lots of interesting people that I learned lots of knowledge from. Ledcor was big on safety which was a huge bout because the work was dangerous.
Pros
money was great
Enjoyable
JM Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2016
I enjoyed working for ledcor, gave me a better outlook on working as a family. I would recommend ledcor to other tradesmen
Great Place To Work
HUMAN RESOURCES/TRAVEL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 April 2016
My time at Ledcor was truly one of the best work based experiences I've ever had. The management team were very helpful and very considerate to your needs. Even though they are such a huge company, they made you feel like an individual and not a number like most huge organizations. I would work for them again if the opportunity came up.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
I no longer work there
All employees are treated with respect and appreciated
Rock Truck / Heavy Hauler Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 April 2016
Daily Tool box / safety meeting prior to commencing work.

Fill out Field Level Hazard Assessment and update through out the day.

Carry out pretrip equipment inspection, fill out equipment logs and report any leaks or damage.

Operate equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manor performing the required task of staging for loading, hauling and dumping of material at designated area.

Helping others with their task providing assistance and or polite respectful intervention if necessary to mitigate an unsafe condition or act
Pros
Flights & Camp accommodations provided
Realy enjoyed working for them.
Contract heavy duty mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kitamaat Village, BC22 March 2016
Good people to work with. Really like doing running repairs for them. Very safety orientated company. Would work for them again anytime.
Great place to work.
Business Development Rep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2016
Great opportunity for growth and relationship building. Open, honest environment with amazing work life balance.

Management is easy to access and approach.
Transportation/Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 March 2016
Enjoyable work place, love working for this company. Great people to work with, very family and safety oriented company.
Great company to work
Shared Services (Current Employee) –  BC24 February 2016
Large company with room to grow given timing. Try to meet as many people as you can and get involved in projects outside your scope of work.
Good company to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB18 February 2016
I've always had a good experience with Ledcor. They're a good company to work for. They believe highly in safety and making sure that every one and every thing is done safely. They take care of their workers.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Away from friends and family for long periods of time
great working environment- Challenging work.
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB17 February 2016
working with ledcor was a great opportunity for myself, Because I started out as a labourer then got into the Ironworker trade (Structural) Which I really enjoyed making my days go by fast. Learning more and more great skills from this trade.
Pros
Long hours and Good wage
Cons
going home when there is thunder.
good loacation to work
Lead hand at Nova R3 expansion (Current Employee) –  Joffre, AB31 January 2016
being 20 min from home was nice having a clac job,with good benefits and wage, hopefully more work close to home is available in the future
greta group of people to work with and always saftey orriented. if you did not understand something just ask.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC29 January 2016
typical day would be show up to work and have our safety meeting in the morning to find out what would be going on the site and discussing how to better productivity. always keeping safety in mind finding out how they can better the site. they want you going home safely to your family at the end of each day. Doing our proper pre trip inspections on all the machines and reporting any issues that need to be dealt with. 12 hr shifts are breaks were broken up evenly and you got two 15min breaks and a 30 min for lunch.
learning curve
Crewmember 5, Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Milligan20 January 2016
I was hired as a labourer.
Did odd jobs...moving portable light posts, checking sump pumps, cleaned up messy storage c cans.
Eventually got into a packer machine.
On down time, would ride in a rock truck.
Pros
camp life
Cons
travelling in and out to work
Boo-urns
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2016
lay off with no explanation. Would not recommend to any of my friends. A doctors note was not good enough for this group. That's about all I have to say.
Pros
union based
Cons
n/a
No Parts No tools No support
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2016
One of the least organized or supportive companies I ever worked for. Enormous stress placed on their mechanics by lack of parts tooling and reference materials. Expected equipment running whether there were parts to repair or not. Management removing mechanics do not operate tags when equipment not fixed, etc.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Constant stress
good company to work for room for growth
Skilled Laborer/ Skidsteer operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2015
in my experience working for ledcor was great. I got hired on as a skilled labourer showed I could work hard and had a good head on my shoulders and they went above and beyond for me.
It was a decent company to work for, I just wish it would have lasted longer.
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB20 November 2015
Ledcor has the possibilities for advancement if you "know" the right people. Unfortunately that's not the way I work or choose to make advancements in a company, so my time there was limited.