Ledcor

Ledcor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good People
Foreman (Former Employee), Fort St. John, BCApril 10, 2014
Was glad to of worked for Ledcor at Encana. Benefits and accomaditions were great.
great work, not to hard to learn
Labourer/Scaffolding (Former Employee), Suncor Fort Mcmurray, ABMarch 31, 2014
Pros: was an easy job
Cons: the heights that came with the work
built and erected scaffolding, good people and management
fairly good company to work for
Industrial Mechanic/Millwright (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayMarch 25, 2014
most days are busy,without a lot of stress because in the construction aspect of is to do the job safely and right the first time.
I loved Ledcor
CSO (Former Employee), Tumbler RidgeMarch 19, 2014
I was very happy working for Ledcor, I wish I was still with them, The contract ended, and that was the end....
Great Company
Project (Maintenance) Coordinator (Current Employee), EdmontonMarch 11, 2014
Great people with great work ethic with ONE goal safety first
1 of the better jobs ive worked on
Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 8, 2014
good team to work with! Safety was a must with ledcor!
was never stuck with out a flight home
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
good management,good co-worker,good team,everybody care about safety & quality
Productive workplace
Civil Earthworks Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray AlbertaFebruary 19, 2014
Ledcor February 2011 – April 2011 (3 months)
Civil Earthworks Supervisor
• Front line supervisor I was responsible for the day-to-day organization and direction of all operations.
• Met or exceeded all production goals in a safe, cost effective and environmentally sound manner.
• Communicated planning and expectation requirements to production crews.
 – more... Ensured continuous production improvements through mentoring, coaching and providing performance feedback pertaining to operating standards and procedures to the production crews.
• Provided consistency between shifts through timely setup of pit infrastructure and by informing the oncoming shift of pertinent operating conditions.
• Maintained a safe and efficient work environment through practice of the Alberta OH&S code and application of company policies and standards and by holding employees accountable to these standards and regulations.
• Maximized crew and employee performance through training and matching of employee experience to daily priorities.
• Development and promoted positive employee relations environment within the production crew and across shifts.
• Reduced operating costs by working efficiently, according to established procedures and by identifying and eliminating situations that could cause equipment damage or excessive wear.
• I hold a valid class 5 driver’s license with air brake.
• Thorough knowledge of OH&S legislation (Alberta) and specifically the Mining Code.
• Effective oral and written communication/presentation skills in the English language.
• A working knowledge of computer skills and business software such as Microsoft Office.
• Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills. – less
Ledcor as an Employer
CSO (Former Employee), KelownaFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good pay and conditions
Cons: after contract was completed, i was out of a job.
I had a very good experience working with and for LEDCOR.
They were willing to negotiate my wages and LOA, and looked after us in a very professional manner. I would hope to work with them again someday.
They supplied me with everything necessary to do the job at hand.
Great company with a history of safety
Materials Technician / Coordinator (Former Employee), Northern BC & AlbertaFebruary 13, 2014
2 different project with this company and found both to be great learning experiences.
good company to work for
Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 13, 2014
great people
great hands on work
outdoors
language barriers with some employees
Great Opportunities, Great leadership
Commissioning Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 10, 2014
I found my time with ledcor to be challanging and rewarding, i found the supervision to be understanding and help out where they could.
Fast paced environment with great team
Heavy Equipment Apprentice/Serviceman (Former Employee), Fort MacMurrayFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: exceptional team members, friendly work environment
Cons: winters were not my favourite
Mostly in charge or site services and repairs. Typical day would start around 6am and not finish until 6pm. Throughout the day we would repair mobile equipment and light duty pumps/light towers and generators. Management was very well put together and organization was unquestionable. We would always work in teams, and the members of Site Services were – more... nothing shy of exceptional. We all got along, and were pretty much considered a close family. Though we had many ups and downs throughout the day to day routines, we would always leave the job site satisfied with the work we put in, and arrive the next day eager to face the challenges the wait for us. – less
productive
Pipefitter / journeyman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2014
I love my job as a pipefitter ,I enjoyed working in any shift, I learned new techniques , some that I never had in my previous employment in other countries. I like working with others that also like me dedicated to my job. My most enjoyable job is when it is completely done before the target date..
lecdor
accountant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch holidays pay
Cons: in edmonton
Great company great co workers great benefits. Easy to grow in this compant lots of great opportunities
management corrupt and self centred
Transportation (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
Worked with Ledcor group for 17 months. Put in a strong effort to make a good impression and treat everyone with respect. Was let go with disregard to previous arrangements and seniority for absolutely no justifiable reason.

Reason used was that work was so and was issued a layoff. However two other workers who started after myself are still working.
Quality and safety at job
Scaffolder/ carpenter/ skill labor (Current Employee), Alls canada and internationalJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: safety. quality and safety at jpb
Cons: camps and long hres for 14/7. shilft
Safety first. Job after
Everything prevent accident
Application for job at ledcor
working at what I love to do
Ironworker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 26, 2013
Having a work partner that works along with you and knows what he is doing also and does it right!
good
Apprentice pipe fitter (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2013
good liked it there. fair rate. good management good environment.
good rate.
I can apply my skills and knowledge, Work in an environment that value the safety of everyone, and eventually acquire career Growth and to the company
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee), EdmontonDecember 8, 2013
Pros: free food and lodgging while in camp
Cons: 14/7 shift of work
Ledcor is a very good company. Good relationship betwen management and worker,my co-workers are friendly.I learned a lots of work to my co-worker.

About Ledcor

The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies, serving the building, oil – Read more