Ledcor Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great Management
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort Hills, ABNovember 3, 2015
Took good care of employees. Made you feel comfortable. You could go to them about any questions or concerns. Great place to work.
Try really hard to find their employees work when they get laid off.
Camp Job
Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee), Fort Hills, ABOctober 26, 2015
Full time pipefitter/steamfitter. I enjoy the environment of a camp job, the experience I gained was beneficial to my current apprenticeship
good place to work whit good people
IRONWORKER journeyman (Former Employee), joffrey red deer albertaOctober 14, 2015
Pros: 90 day no accident free subway
Cons: 10 hours a day 10~4 ROTATION
have fun whit other and working safe but management is not to good
managment good money and nice people to work whit i would liker nto work there again my forman was a good forman enjoy working whit him to
Horrible atmosphere, too much for one man. Only one electrician per shift, apprentices working on their own
electrician (Former Employee), chilliwack,b.c.October 8, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything else
Run your butt off, equipment that is falling apart, poorly identified, lock out procedures not printed out. Maint. manager is a buffoon.
Ledcor
Crew Lead Hand (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 17, 2015
Awesome company to work for with plenty of room to advance. Also, there are always ongoing projects so if your willing to work, the work is there.
Bad managing
Material Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 12, 2015
The management was not enjoyable to work for they played favourites.
The union rep had a bad attitude.
They paid me minimum wage even tho I had 5 years experience working in the deli.
work live balance
Business Strategist (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 4, 2015
Ledcor is a construction company and mainly focused on operating. Mainly leadership team are from operating. it is a good enviornment to learn operating skills and culture.
Drove to work and scenery was fabulas.
Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chetwynd, BCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good Shifts and good pay
Cons: Ignorant people
Operated haul truck, learned to operated a wiggle a triple 7, 1500 .
Had lots of patience, always had to beware of your surroundings, safety was big on the job site.
Software Licenses Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: High wages, work/life balance
Cons: Very skewed racial demographics in management
Ledcor provides a great working atmosphere long with excellent perks such as benefits, discounts etc. The only problem is that more than 90% of management (close to 500) is made up of white males.
construction div horrible place to work
assistant project manager (Former Employee), VancouverJuly 6, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no loyalty, HR is political only, not supportive
Worked 8 yrs with Ledcor and enjoyed it. Until my mentor moved up and the new operation manager demoted all of the "other team" members to lower rankings and promoted his hockey team players into management roles they were unqualified for. I was demoted to clerk from PM and a forklift operator was made PM, then they asked me to train him! You can give these people your health and soul, but moment you need support they cast you out and ruin your rep. By the way, I can provide complete documents to prove all claims.
Family
Lead Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 20, 2015
My co-worker have become family to me. They made work more enjoyable. It is awesome to see a company with great structure.
Fun place towork
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJune 13, 2015
Ledcor Fabrication is a very good place to work and they are good to their employees and i really enjoyed my time of employment with them. I was able to learn a great deal of work and experience. my achievement in the field of learning was due to the opportunity I was given to expand on my scopes of learning. I will work for them any day.
Great culture and co-workers.
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Excellent culture
Ledcor is a great place to work. Corporate culture values on employee safety and well-being.

Managed a territory for VoIP service sales. Great co-workers that assisted in a team environment. Territory was my neighborhood, which made a work/life balance awesome ( no long commutes )

Data and decisions made by partner VoIP company made the position challenging.
good place to work
Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2015
Pros: accomodations in camp were nice
Ledcor was a excellent place to work withgreat pay and excellent management.Nice new equipment to operate.good crew to work with and lots of experience on job
Great camp enviroment with comfortable accomidations great people to work with
Coating Crew Labourer (Current Employee), Wandering River, ABMay 20, 2015
Pros: excellent camp facilities
Cons: never home gone for 3-4 months at a time.
early starts with long work hours. at the end of the day you really feel as if you accomplished something.
Lots of opportunity to learn new equipment and different types of tools not often seen on typical job sites.
management was incredible very positive and always helpful with any questions
excellent co-workers with can do attitudes everyone got along great
hardest part of the job was the weather conditions hitting -57 some days
most enjoyable part of the day was being in an environment not many people would get to see.
Dirt work
Packer Operator (Former Employee), Worsley, ABMay 6, 2015
Meet with foreman and go over dayplan and what to expect.Learned communication and equipment operation skills.This job was not hard and was in a familiar environment.
Productive Environment, very safe place to work
Journeyman Electrician and Quality Control (Former Employee), Keal Lake, ABApril 27, 2015
Pros: Good work environment, good benefits, RRSP's etc.
Cons: Travel, being away from home.
-Typical day at work would include running cable tray or teck cable, and terminations of cables, junction box installation, rigid piping etc. while on construction, and performing QC related duties on a day to day basis while in Quality Control (eg. review prints, test cables, verify proper installation, sell systems to clients etc.)

- Learned an abundance of information related to system checks and sale of systems to clients on site.

- Good management, easily accessible, open for discussion.

- Good co-workers, easy to get along with, pleasant environment.

- Hardest part of job was being away from family.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and satisfaction upon completing tasks.
a day at ledcor
Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee), Nisku, ABApril 20, 2015
I Really enjoy Ledcor, but I am a young Apprentice and i want to see more of the trade, Bigger cranes, more experence before I go to school for my 3rd period.
good wage good co workers
Pipe fitter (Current Employee), Nisku, ABApril 4, 2015
great place to work wish they had more work so i could stay on best crew of guys i worked with before the wage was the highest ive got as an apprentice
Good place to work if money is not an issue
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Grande Cache, ABApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great hours and people to work with
Cons: paychecks are small during the summer season
Its a great place to work with great hours and safety is a very large part of every job . The money is a little small in the summer time as there is no overtime . It would be great for someone with no bills and getting close to retirement .
Headquarters