Ledcor Employee Reviews in Canada

good loacation to work
Lead hand at Nova R3 expansion (Current Employee) –  Joffre, ABJanuary 31, 2016
being 20 min from home was nice having a clac job,with good benefits and wage, hopefully more work close to home is available in the future
greta group of people to work with and always saftey orriented. if you did not understand something just ask.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BCJanuary 29, 2016
typical day would be show up to work and have our safety meeting in the morning to find out what would be going on the site and discussing how to better productivity. always keeping safety in mind finding out how they can better the site. they want you going home safely to your family at the end of each day. Doing our proper pre trip inspections on all the machines and reporting any issues that need to be dealt with. 12 hr shifts are breaks were broken up evenly and you got two 15min breaks and a 30 min for lunch.
learning curve
Crewmember 5, Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. MilliganJanuary 20, 2016
I was hired as a labourer.
Did odd jobs...moving portable light posts, checking sump pumps, cleaned up messy storage c cans.
Eventually got into a packer machine.
On down time, would ride in a rock truck.
Pros
camp life
Cons
travelling in and out to work
Boo-urns
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
lay off with no explanation. Would not recommend to any of my friends. A doctors note was not good enough for this group. That's about all I have to say.
Pros
union based
Cons
n/a
No Parts No tools No support
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 7, 2016
One of the least organized or supportive companies I ever worked for. Enormous stress placed on their mechanics by lack of parts tooling and reference materials. Expected equipment running whether there were parts to repair or not. Management removing mechanics do not operate tags when equipment not fixed, etc.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Constant stress
good company to work for room for growth
Skilled Laborer/ Skidsteer operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 2, 2015
in my experience working for ledcor was great. I got hired on as a skilled labourer showed I could work hard and had a good head on my shoulders and they went above and beyond for me.
It was a decent company to work for, I just wish it would have lasted longer.
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, ABNovember 20, 2015
Ledcor has the possibilities for advancement if you "know" the right people. Unfortunately that's not the way I work or choose to make advancements in a company, so my time there was limited.
Productive job, friendly environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BCNovember 18, 2015
Wages were great, safety was a big priority (and at times way overdone- knives were not allowed) Plenty of hours but no travel time between terrace and the job site was paid (equaled about 2.5 hours per day!) Was not given much opportunity for advancement in the time I was there, which was disappointing.
Most fun I've had at work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABNovember 5, 2015
The hardest part on the job was to endure the cold weather of lovely northern Alberta. Our crew was awesome with an amazing everyday attitude
would work for ledcor again
Laborer Lead hand-equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 4, 2015
I enjoyed my time with ledcor. I was working for them for various project on the Jackpine and Muskeg river mines. coworkers were great, shift bosses were good and even the camp (Shell's Albian sand) was nice. I would go back anytime
Northern Alberta Circus
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  FtHills, AlbertaNovember 4, 2015
Worked for very short term, 1 1/2/shifts, at Hills site doing concrete formwork.

Extremely congested worksite.
Numerous safety incidents, which probably didn't help the company in sustaining its work. Did not feel especially safe not well supported in taking issue with it to management. The day I arrived on site my foreman was suspended for having two crew members reporting incidents, both of which were very minor cuts or scrapes. Not conducive to reporting any further incidents.....

Tool crib was somewhat lacking, especially given they hired 30 new carpenters at once.
Throwing a bunch more guys at the work semed to work, even given the lack of additional management, since a bunch of new hires got laid of after only three or four weeks.
Management was poor, with little direction given to foremen until it was time to hurry up and get something done.
Full-time long term employees described it as the bigger Ledcor circus they had ever been on, but sadly it was the only game in town.
The only thing I miss is the pay.
Pros
Excellent pay. Camp was pretty decent. Suncor transportation system is actually pretty decent.
Cons
Management is a joke. Unsafe worksite.
Great Management
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, ABNovember 3, 2015
Took good care of employees. Made you feel comfortable. You could go to them about any questions or concerns. Great place to work.
Try really hard to find their employees work when they get laid off.
Camp Job
Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, ABOctober 26, 2015
Full time pipefitter/steamfitter. I enjoy the environment of a camp job, the experience I gained was beneficial to my current apprenticeship
good place to work whit good people
IRONWORKER journeyman (Former Employee) –  joffrey red deer albertaOctober 14, 2015
have fun whit other and working safe but management is not to good
managment good money and nice people to work whit i would liker nto work there again my forman was a good forman enjoy working whit him to
Pros
90 day no accident free subway
Cons
10 hours a day 10~4 ROTATION
Horrible atmosphere, too much for one man. Only one electrician per shift, apprentices working on their own
electrician (Former Employee) –  chilliwack,b.c.October 8, 2015
Run your butt off, equipment that is falling apart, poorly identified, lock out procedures not printed out. Maint. manager is a buffoon.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Ledcor
Crew Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 17, 2015
Awesome company to work for with plenty of room to advance. Also, there are always ongoing projects so if your willing to work, the work is there.
Bad managing
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 12, 2015
The management was not enjoyable to work for they played favourites.
The union rep had a bad attitude.
They paid me minimum wage even tho I had 5 years experience working in the deli.
work live balance
Business Strategist (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 4, 2015
Ledcor is a construction company and mainly focused on operating. Mainly leadership team are from operating. it is a good enviornment to learn operating skills and culture.
Drove to work and scenery was fabulas.
Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BCJuly 27, 2015
Operated haul truck, learned to operated a wiggle a triple 7, 1500 .
Had lots of patience, always had to beware of your surroundings, safety was big on the job site.
Pros
Good Shifts and good pay
Cons
Ignorant people
Software Licenses Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 24, 2015
Ledcor provides a great working atmosphere long with excellent perks such as benefits, discounts etc. The only problem is that more than 90% of management (close to 500) is made up of white males.
Pros
High wages, work/life balance
Cons
Very skewed racial demographics in management