Ledcor Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company to work
Shared Services (Current Employee) –  BCFebruary 24, 2016
Large company with room to grow given timing. Try to meet as many people as you can and get involved in projects outside your scope of work.
Great culture and co-workers.
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
Ledcor is a great place to work. Corporate culture values on employee safety and well-being.

Managed a territory for VoIP service sales. Great co-workers that assisted in a team environment. Territory was my neighborhood, which made a work/life balance awesome ( no long commutes )

Data and decisions made by partner VoIP company made the position challenging.
Pros
Excellent culture
Enjoyable
JM Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed working for ledcor, gave me a better outlook on working as a family. I would recommend ledcor to other tradesmen
Realy enjoyed working for them.
Contract heavy duty mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kitamaat Village, BCMarch 22, 2016
Good people to work with. Really like doing running repairs for them. Very safety orientated company. Would work for them again anytime.
Transportation/Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 3, 2016
Enjoyable work place, love working for this company. Great people to work with, very family and safety oriented company.
good place to work whit good people
IRONWORKER journeyman (Former Employee) –  joffrey red deer albertaOctober 14, 2015
have fun whit other and working safe but management is not to good
managment good money and nice people to work whit i would liker nto work there again my forman was a good forman enjoy working whit him to
Pros
90 day no accident free subway
Cons
10 hours a day 10~4 ROTATION
construction div horrible place to work
assistant project manager (Former Employee) –  VancouverJuly 6, 2015
Worked 8 yrs with Ledcor and enjoyed it. Until my mentor moved up and the new operation manager demoted all of the "other team" members to lower rankings and promoted his hockey team players into management roles they were unqualified for. I was demoted to clerk from PM and a forklift operator was made PM, then they asked me to train him! You can give these people your health and soul, but moment you need support they cast you out and ruin your rep. By the way, I can provide complete documents to prove all claims.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no loyalty, HR is political only, not supportive
learning curve
Crewmember 5, Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. MilliganJanuary 20, 2016
I was hired as a labourer.
Did odd jobs...moving portable light posts, checking sump pumps, cleaned up messy storage c cans.
Eventually got into a packer machine.
On down time, would ride in a rock truck.
Pros
camp life
Cons
travelling in and out to work
Great camp enviroment with comfortable accomidations great people to work with
Coating Crew Labourer (Current Employee) –  Wandering River, ABMay 20, 2015
early starts with long work hours. at the end of the day you really feel as if you accomplished something.
Lots of opportunity to learn new equipment and different types of tools not often seen on typical job sites.
management was incredible very positive and always helpful with any questions
excellent co-workers with can do attitudes everyone got along great
hardest part of the job was the weather conditions hitting -57 some days
most enjoyable part of the day was being in an environment not many people would get to see.
Pros
excellent camp facilities
Cons
never home gone for 3-4 months at a time.
Boo-urns
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
lay off with no explanation. Would not recommend to any of my friends. A doctors note was not good enough for this group. That's about all I have to say.
Pros
union based
Cons
n/a
Horrible Safety Culture
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albian SandsAugust 27, 2013
Ledcor does not care about their worker's safety. They punish anyone who brings up safety concerns, cover up incidents and don't report them to their clients. They hire inexperienced kids for Safety Coordinators because they're cheap. Management doesn't support them and bully them if they try to make changes.

If workers bring up safety concerns they are ignored and they are punished, usually by finding an excuse to fire them or lay them off at the first opportunity. Get hurt and go to first aid? Fired. Report an near miss? Fired.

They promote based on nepotism, not competence. Are disorganized and lie to get you to work for them. Avoid Ledcor at all costs.
Pros
Get paid on time.
Cons
Safety is an afterthought.

Comment – December 31, 1969

They still have one of the worst safety records at Albian. And they still cover up incidents. Shell is to blame as well. They know what's going on and they let them get away with it because they're cheap.

safety culture with some hard situations due to the nature of the proyect
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 21, 2012
this is a job that needs an extra effort due to the location,extreme weather and rotation of the personal, many situations to handle in very little time,
management doing a fine job with the rotations and accomodation ,transporttcion of personnel,
the job require 100% concentration of the perssonnel, every step of the way, at home, at the airport, at the lodge, and at the jobsite.
The proyect itself is a very interesting one, I personaly enjoy working on it.
Pros
free lodge, transportation and food. good pay rate
Cons
long hours and extra commute to job site
work live balance
Business Strategist (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 4, 2015
Ledcor is a construction company and mainly focused on operating. Mainly leadership team are from operating. it is a good enviornment to learn operating skills and culture.
would work for ledcor again
Laborer Lead hand-equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 4, 2015
I enjoyed my time with ledcor. I was working for them for various project on the Jackpine and Muskeg river mines. coworkers were great, shift bosses were good and even the camp (Shell's Albian sand) was nice. I would go back anytime
Bad managing
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 12, 2015
The management was not enjoyable to work for they played favourites.
The union rep had a bad attitude.
They paid me minimum wage even tho I had 5 years experience working in the deli.
Productive with Professional and supportive co-workers, family oriented
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills Site , Fort MckaySeptember 9, 2013
Ledcor Industrial Group hasliterally been one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

I started work with them in the Suncor Voyageur Project and everyday since has been a such a learning and unforgettable experience.

Everyday, I find myself surrounded by such wealth of experience and knowledge and these co-workers are so supportive and sharing that at some point they became like family. We work hard together and we make time to unwind together.

Ledcor has taught me many things, how to embrace a safety first culture and a high standard of work ethic. Ledcor has also given me several opportunities to grow via their learning programs and short courses.

Management has always been supportive , fair and open. I have worked for two different management teams, with different styles. but they both share common Ledcor Values and commitments to their employees.

The best part of the job is just knowing your part of something, and in your own simple way your contributing to the project.

The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty. As they say in construction you are working yourself out of a job.
Pros
employee focused management and efficient organizational processes
Cons
uncertainty with regards to next project ( especially for a fort mcmurray local)
Most fun I've had at work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABNovember 5, 2015
The hardest part on the job was to endure the cold weather of lovely northern Alberta. Our crew was awesome with an amazing everyday attitude
Great Management
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, ABNovember 3, 2015
Took good care of employees. Made you feel comfortable. You could go to them about any questions or concerns. Great place to work.
Try really hard to find their employees work when they get laid off.
Camp Job
Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, ABOctober 26, 2015
Full time pipefitter/steamfitter. I enjoy the environment of a camp job, the experience I gained was beneficial to my current apprenticeship
Horrible atmosphere, too much for one man. Only one electrician per shift, apprentices working on their own
electrician (Former Employee) –  chilliwack,b.c.October 8, 2015
Run your butt off, equipment that is falling apart, poorly identified, lock out procedures not printed out. Maint. manager is a buffoon.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else