Ledcor

Ledcor Employee Reviews

Great company to work for, I just need more time with my family.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 16, 2012
I decided it was time for a career change as I was burnt out and stressed out as a broker. I landed a job with Ledcor due to a family member. I have moved up very quickly due to initiative, asking a lot of questions and the willingness to work with others. I moved from laborer to Project Coordinator to now being trained as a foreman in the major earth works, civil area. Ledcor has given me a wealth of knowledge in varying aspects of the job. I am definately richer for the experience. It just turns out that I want to be with my family, if I can find appropriate employment.
11 Months I worked for Ledcor, then hired permanent by TELUS
Telecommunications LTS, I & R 2007-2008 (Former Employee) –  Interior South, British ColumbiaMarch 18, 2013
The Eleven months I was employed by Ledcor in the I&R telecom side for Telus I found to be most enjoyable.
Ledcor strove for safe work standards and maintaning quality control.
Manager at that time gave technicians under his supervision good guidence and kept intouch with excellent rapore.

I left Ledcor Tel to join Telus.
I would work for Ledcor again.
Pros
great first level mangement
Cons
poor budget to pay mangers what they are worth...they should get as much as an engineer +
Safe site,safety was always frist,organized,clean,great boss and great C.S.O i learned a lot.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 2, 2012
Early 7am start,where and all there safety concerns are and what to watch for when working in a dangerous parts of our site,management was good C.S.O and the our boss,my C.S.O taught me a lot since I've been studying to take the course at B.C.I.T for construction management,co-workers where hard working the hardest part of my day would have to have been the morning when it would rain,and the most enjoyable part of my day would be coffee time and home time.
Pros
i worked inside, learned a lot about construction management.
Cons
repetative work.
safety culture with some hard situations due to the nature of the proyect
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 21, 2012
this is a job that needs an extra effort due to the location,extreme weather and rotation of the personal, many situations to handle in very little time,
management doing a fine job with the rotations and accomodation ,transporttcion of personnel,
the job require 100% concentration of the perssonnel, every step of the way, at home, at the airport, at the lodge, and at the jobsite.
The proyect itself is a very interesting one, I personaly enjoy working on it.
Pros
free lodge, transportation and food. good pay rate
Cons
long hours and extra commute to job site
Good summer work, safe and fast-paced
Engineering hand for a Pipeline Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AlbertaOctober 12, 2014
I would start a typical day by examining what tasks needed to be completed. Once on site I would write a safety form for the task. I would help the field engineer by measuring, calculating and holding the measure level for the engineer to shoot angles with a transit. Since I was the only crew member for a team that usually consists of three or more I held a lot of responsibility with the field engineer and managed most tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was working close with the environment and learning about field engineering,
would work there again
Laborer/Heavy Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  fort nelsonJune 4, 2014
great place to work has union and ability to move up the ladder

co-workers seem to be well selected group of mature hardworking individuals with goals and strong work ethics-pros

hardest part of job is being away from family for so long and home
but you cant have your cake and eat it too

most enjoyable part of job is the strong leadership and ability to advance promotes harder working and more professional work environment
Pros
strong leadership
Cons
not understanding of needing time with family
When there, it was brand new facilities-nice.
Crewmember 5, packer operator (Former Employee) –  Mt Milligan Mine SiteSeptember 20, 2013
The work hours were 10.5 and 11 hours long. Typical breaks, lunch. Learned the packer machine, and rode in rock trucks while nothing for the packer machine.
The management I thought was good. The co-workers were great because this was my first exposure to camps, and this kind of work.
The hardest part was shift change, never dealt with it before.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers and of course getting off shift.
Pros
everything was supplied-rooms, showers, meals, gym
Cons
getting use to night shift
good
Safety coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 16, 2013
• Conducting daily and weekly site inspections
• Behaviour Based Observation reports
• Creation and updating of JHA’s and SWP
• Working in Both team based and independent environments
• Joint Occupational health and safety committee meeting
• Conducting orientations for new and experienced workers
• Ensuring OH&S and company policies are in place and being followed
• Ensuring safe work procedures, hazard controls are in place and PPE requirements are met
• Incident investigations
• Led/coordinated daily tool box and weekly safety meetings
• Issuing all Personal Protection Equipment to new workers
• Calibrating and bump testing gas monitors
Lies and broken promises
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  JoffreFebruary 10, 2015
Quit my $45 an hour job to work for them because it was a promises in a stable career. Big mistake, got one day of orientation and then let go the next day after 2 hours of work. No reason given to as I was let go, but thats unions for you

Union buddies in the loop only matter
Pros
the hr lady at the office is a good person
Cons
the on site supervisor should be replaced
Full active day
shop foreman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2013
Morning toolbox talk, stretches, flha's schedule repairs and mechanics, hands on repairs. Safety walks, review equipment schedules with management and other disiplines to co-ordinate repair around their schedules. Sometimes it becomes frustrating when parts are delayed, then I redirect work schedules to acommidate the hours in the day. The most enjoyable part of my day is completion of a task and thanking the mechanics for there effort and hard work.
Great Company to work with
Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BCAugust 24, 2013
Very approachable management, encouraging and respectful.
Great experience being the parts runner, everyday has different challenge.
Learning new areas of the mine, picking up parts from lots of different locations. Interacting with all types of service personal,found this fun and interesting made lots of new friends.
I love driving and interacting with people, so this was a great job opportunity.
Pros
christmas parties, family picnics
Cons
being a part of developement is great, although the job comes to an end.
needs better commumition in place,18 min interview for job.???
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABJanuary 13, 2015
i dont know of any place that will hire you in an 18 min interview..but they did.In all the years of working for different companys that was an eyeopener,,strange but true,all in all the company has a strong background are generally good to work for,,
Pros
growing company, enjoyable people
Cons
long work hours, ask alot of questions on what is to be completed
LTS is terrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  OkanaganJune 1, 2014
Never been treated so badly by a company, constant wage cuts with increased workload. Work life balance is non-existent, constant screw ups with pay, can't ever get answers from management as it's a very "pass the buck" mentality. Put in three years with the company only to lose the job in a mass layoff so new techs could be hired at lower wages. Good riddance!
efficent,organised and safety consious
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2013
11 hour days,6 days a week month after month living on the road.politics run through every aspect of company.managers had a hard time coping with changing deadlines and locations.a good gruop of young and old workers.on the road constantly.people your work with.meeting new people everywhere you go.
Pros
paychecks, learning every back road in western canada
Cons
long hours and always on the road
Productive, New Learning Experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BCAugust 21, 2014
My overall experience while working for Ledcor has been okay. I have learned many new skills that I used to have minimal experience. Working with Excel daily has been so beneficial I believe to finding another career. My biggest struggle with this job is that it is contract work, so it has left me in a position to find a new job after an early shut down.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
minimal room to grow within company
management corrupt and self centred
Transportation (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 11, 2014
Worked with Ledcor group for 17 months. Put in a strong effort to make a good impression and treat everyone with respect. Was let go with disregard to previous arrangements and seniority for absolutely no justifiable reason.

Reason used was that work was so and was issued a layoff. However two other workers who started after myself are still working.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Great Company No BS
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 19, 2012
Ledcor was a great company to work for (Fort McMurray). Lots of benifits, competive wages and great management. If your hard working and easy to get along with this company will keep you for years to come.

I was never impressed with the union CLAC, and felt at times it hindered the company.

Over all great company.
Pros
lots of work, very safety concious, camp
Cons
21 and 7 turn around
I do enjoy working at my current job.
Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 29, 2015
I get up at 5am go to Tim's for breakfast and coffee, took a ferry to site not big enough for all to be inside out of the elements. one thing I did learn was, when the heater quits on the bus it could always be worse. ..
Pros
great bunch of guys to work with.
Cons
i did learn lots.
The work place in Oil Industry
Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  albertaJuly 2, 2014
The oil industry can be most challenging and complex with broad job descriptions and vast industrial requirements.

It can be a demanding job, but most rewarding at times. If the environment is suitable for the ideal candidate, the experience of working within the trade can allow for an advisors role to become most successful in the future.
Pros
salaried vacation
No Parts No tools No support
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 7, 2016
One of the least organized or supportive companies I ever worked for. Enormous stress placed on their mechanics by lack of parts tooling and reference materials. Expected equipment running whether there were parts to repair or not. Management removing mechanics do not operate tags when equipment not fixed, etc.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Constant stress