Ledcor Employee Reviews

Good work and safety culture
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC15 May 2017
The worksite was great. Most people there seemed to be happy with the jobsite and the other trades they worker with. It was a good place to work and enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Camp was good
Cons
Not paid and were on the bus 40-50 minutes each way to and from the worksite
Very good Employer, many opportunities for Career Advancement
Purchasing Coordinator 4 (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 May 2017
I look back on my 13 years at Ledcor a one of the most memorable work experiences in my career. They are one of the best companies that i have worked for in my role as a Buyer .
Fun place to work!
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB10 May 2017
Start the day off with a toolbox safety meeting to go over the tasks that we will be completeling! Go to your assigned job and perform the task! Take lunch break around 12:30. Work till 5:30 drive to yard and go home.
Pros
Great pay
Welder/ Steamfitter
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 May 2017
The job itself was physically challenging, but I'm glad I worked them. Their management, teams taught me the value of quality & team work. Overall, excellent company.
Good Management
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 May 2017
Good Management Teams, and excellent place to work. I have nothing bad to say about working for Ledcor Fabrication Inc; it was always a pleasant experience working for them...but ever job comes to an end.
Fun work and safety conscience
Fiber Optic Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
Fun work climbing up poles in B.C and seeing the view. Can be dangerous at times with the rain making your job somewhat hard working as a drop technician
Pros
paid flights and hotel and per diem
Cons
Pay is below average and no overtime
Great Work place
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB2 May 2017
Great company to work for, had a great work atmosphere, had a lot of good incentives to keep workers happy and in good mood, management wasn't the greatest but it was good
Pros
Great People
Cons
Terrible parking
Fast Paced work environment with many good people
Sub-Contract Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Alberta and British Columbia1 May 2017
Great place to work but unfortunately they had no further upcoming major projects in the near future. On site work environments with the latest technology and equipment to utilize was certainly an asset.
Great teams with very knowledgeable staff and engineering, A great place to advance and utilize training.
Pros
Great teams
Cons
On remote construction sites
good pay, decent hours
I&R Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
The pay is good, dont get me wrong but the work is not stable. thats not the company's fault but being a contractor you are at the mercy of the people who give you work.
Pros
good pay for short hours
Cons
lots of out of town deployments, work is unstable, hours are sporatic
Good work and organized company
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB24 April 2017
Great place to work. I recommend going and working for them . The are definitely one of the industry's leaders. They have a variety of commercial and industrial projects
Great enviroment and employees
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB24 April 2017
Having our morning meeting and scheduling the task for that day. I learn that even in a tight blue print over 3000 employees can have a safe safety record.
Pros
We felt appriciated and respected
Loved the time period I was with them.
Labouer/Operater (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
No matter if it was 40 below we were suppose to show up to site in the morning and if too cold to work they had sent us home with 4hrs and subsistence pay (160 a day) Benefits were amazing and 100% match for rssp. Pention was $4 every hour worked. Management was on you asap if needed proper documention. The job was amazing but certain crews would be cliched
Pros
Paid on time and every week
Cons
-45 degrees and you are working outside
Awesome Experience
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 April 2017
Even though I only worked there for almost 6 months, the amount of experience I acquired was countless. I met a lots of nice people and learned a lot of things. I don't mind the low salary because that's where I should really start, what matters to me is the experience.
great company to work for
Labour Foreman (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK21 April 2017
i enjiyed working with ledcor in regina sk the things i learned and the advancement to labour forman was awsome got laid off after southlandmall job wish i could work with them again great company to work for enjoyed my time there
Pros
overtime was great
Cons
long hrs
LEAD HAND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC19 April 2017
same as stated earlier . good compagny , good healt care plan , good benefit , interesting plans for compagny future , lots of different divisions , advancement opportunity are scarce .
Pros
same as stated earlier
Cons
same as stated earlier
N/a
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2017
I started at the LedCor mod yard as an apprentice and worked my way up to be a foreman. I enjoyed working there, the management was good, the people I worked with was good, all and all a good place to work.
good place to work
Apprentice Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 April 2017
was a fun place to work and was close to my family.Enjoyed the time i was there meet a lot of good people and good fitters.was a real good work experience
Good Company
Contracts Manager AFRRCS Project (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
Good company with many opportunities. Very diverse employees with a very stable long standing management team. Employees tend to last very long due to the share structure program
Pros
Gym/Cafeteria
Great place to work!
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB12 April 2017
The days were long but went by fast. It would have been a more permanent position if there was more then one day off a week, so workers could see their families, e.g. 4 days off 7 on. Management was quick to respond to any concerns.
Great Organization
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 April 2017
A typical day for me with Ledcor was outside in the elements with a great bunch of people giving it their all day in and day out. From Supervisors to Management, all the people were great.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Braving the elements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.