Ledcor

Ledcor Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Civil Earthworks Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray AlbertaFebruary 19, 2014
Ledcor February 2011 – April 2011 (3 months)
Civil Earthworks Supervisor
• Front line supervisor I was responsible for the day-to-day organization and direction of all operations.
• Met or exceeded all production goals in a safe, cost effective and environmentally sound manner.
• Communicated planning and expectation requirements to production crews.
 – more... Ensured continuous production improvements through mentoring, coaching and providing performance feedback pertaining to operating standards and procedures to the production crews.
• Provided consistency between shifts through timely setup of pit infrastructure and by informing the oncoming shift of pertinent operating conditions.
• Maintained a safe and efficient work environment through practice of the Alberta OH&S code and application of company policies and standards and by holding employees accountable to these standards and regulations.
• Maximized crew and employee performance through training and matching of employee experience to daily priorities.
• Development and promoted positive employee relations environment within the production crew and across shifts.
• Reduced operating costs by working efficiently, according to established procedures and by identifying and eliminating situations that could cause equipment damage or excessive wear.
• I hold a valid class 5 driver’s license with air brake.
• Thorough knowledge of OH&S legislation (Alberta) and specifically the Mining Code.
• Effective oral and written communication/presentation skills in the English language.
• A working knowledge of computer skills and business software such as Microsoft Office.
• Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills. – less
Ledcor as an Employer
CSO (Former Employee), KelownaFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good pay and conditions
Cons: after contract was completed, i was out of a job.
I had a very good experience working with and for LEDCOR.
They were willing to negotiate my wages and LOA, and looked after us in a very professional manner. I would hope to work with them again someday.
They supplied me with everything necessary to do the job at hand.
Great company with a history of safety
Materials Technician / Coordinator (Former Employee), Northern BC & AlbertaFebruary 13, 2014
2 different project with this company and found both to be great learning experiences.
good company to work for
Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 13, 2014
great people
great hands on work
outdoors
language barriers with some employees
Great Opportunities, Great leadership
Commissioning Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 10, 2014
I found my time with ledcor to be challanging and rewarding, i found the supervision to be understanding and help out where they could.
Fast paced environment with great team
Heavy Equipment Apprentice/Serviceman (Former Employee), Fort MacMurrayFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: exceptional team members, friendly work environment
Cons: winters were not my favourite
Mostly in charge or site services and repairs. Typical day would start around 6am and not finish until 6pm. Throughout the day we would repair mobile equipment and light duty pumps/light towers and generators. Management was very well put together and organization was unquestionable. We would always work in teams, and the members of Site Services were – more... nothing shy of exceptional. We all got along, and were pretty much considered a close family. Though we had many ups and downs throughout the day to day routines, we would always leave the job site satisfied with the work we put in, and arrive the next day eager to face the challenges the wait for us. – less
productive
Pipefitter / journeyman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2014
I love my job as a pipefitter ,I enjoyed working in any shift, I learned new techniques , some that I never had in my previous employment in other countries. I like working with others that also like me dedicated to my job. My most enjoyable job is when it is completely done before the target date..
lecdor
accountant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch holidays pay
Cons: in edmonton
Great company great co workers great benefits. Easy to grow in this compant lots of great opportunities
management corrupt and self centred
Transportation (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
Worked with Ledcor group for 17 months. Put in a strong effort to make a good impression and treat everyone with respect. Was let go with disregard to previous arrangements and seniority for absolutely no justifiable reason.

Reason used was that work was so and was issued a layoff. However two other workers who started after myself are still working.
Quality and safety at job
Scaffolder/ carpenter/ skill labor (Current Employee), Alls canada and internationalJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: safety. quality and safety at jpb
Cons: camps and long hres for 14/7. shilft
Safety first. Job after
Everything prevent accident
Application for job at ledcor
working at what I love to do
Ironworker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 26, 2013
Having a work partner that works along with you and knows what he is doing also and does it right!
good
Apprentice pipe fitter (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2013
good liked it there. fair rate. good management good environment.
good rate.
I can apply my skills and knowledge, Work in an environment that value the safety of everyone, and eventually acquire career Growth and to the company
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee), EdmontonDecember 8, 2013
Pros: free food and lodgging while in camp
Cons: 14/7 shift of work
Ledcor is a very good company. Good relationship betwen management and worker,my co-workers are friendly.I learned a lots of work to my co-worker.
Ledcor takes pride in the work they do and safty .
pipeline Labourer (Former Employee), NWTDecember 4, 2013
We start the day with a tailgate meeting about the task to be preform, that really get the crew prepare for the day.
just starting out as a fitter
first year pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 27, 2013
Pros: long hours
Cons: no loa
hi i am just starting out as a fitter and i am really liking it i have learned a lot and wanna learn a lot more and get up to a j ticket a tipical day at work was flying pip in and put of the work area with a crane or a boom truck, assist welders with cutting and beveling the pipe then after welder welded we installed pipe doing bolt up. i have learned – more... a lot but i need to know a lot more and i wanna learn to so di safely with other coworker i can ask questions. the hardest part of the job is not knowing what i had to to while doing a big lift i stood back ad asked my forman where he wanted me and what to do. i enjoy the job because it is a good gay that passes and i learn a lot every day i went back to camp with somthing nw under my belt – less
flexible
Managed Services Technician (Current Employee), edmontonNovember 26, 2013
great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great
Past employee
forman (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 17, 2013
Ledcor is a great company to work for at the site level but needs a big change in the upper managment level.[ Send all the managers back to North American]
good place to work, consistent and always busy
Skilled Labourer & Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good work
Cons: management not focused on every ones individual interests
consistent work always busy, no grey areas. although was promised advancement, it never came.
job did not have enough work to keep electricians busy
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), christina lake poplar ridge campNovember 11, 2013
over staff of workers on job and hardest job was trying to keep busy so does not allow employee the chance to show work skills.
Living arrangements
Supervisor (Current Employee), Kitimat, BCNovember 5, 2013
Pros: nice crew to work with.
Cons: you are with them more than your family.to long of a shift.
I think they could have done a much better job in the living arrangements. Shuttle service to and from the airport. Travel time that is not covered , getting home at a late time of night. you are putting in 15 hours and getting paid for 12.5. A camp that has been promised for a year now still not in place. You are up at 4:30am and you get back to town – more... at 8:30 / 9pm. You go to eat at a restaurant that closes at 9 you rush home to shower and hopefully you get to sleep by 11pm. So you are sleep deprived not enough time to rest. There are many times men say that they are burnt out and making stupid mistakes on the job.To me That is an unsafe work place. – less

About Ledcor

The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies, serving the building, oil – Read more