Ledcor Employee Reviews

Enjoyed it
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 November 2017
Enjoyed this job - wish it would have more permanent. I thought I would have received a call back but the position ended and they did not rehire. I had good relations with both co-workers and management here.
Good company to work for
Haul Truck/Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 November 2017
Ledcor is a good company with an opportunity for advancement. The co workers and the management were all great to work with. They have a strong safety policy.decent equipment. Money is pretty good.
Pros
recognition of safe work by awarding you with something.
Cons
work mis usually seasonal. nothing year round
Field Tech
installation and repair technician (Former Employee) –  BC17 November 2017
Good place to work but you will learn on the fly, in the field, sink or swim. Training is painfully non existent unless it's an online module.
You are on your own which is nice but there is a lack of tools provided and you may be stuck at a site at 3am with no options and nobody picking up the phone to help you.
Contracts come and go so set aside a little cash for the slow times. Vehicle is provided.
Managers are over worked and are not always available when you need them. If you are an excellent troubleshooter, and can think like McGyver in the field then this job is for you. I enjoy a challenge and have no regrets working there. Another plus is that you are home dispatched and get a gas card, laptop, smart phone are provided.
Benefits are good, and they match RRSP contributions.
Pros
independance, new challenges arise often
Cons
tools and training need to be improved
Great company and benefits
Equipment Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 November 2017
Learned a lot from the supervisors and foreman.
Great camp to be in and the union had exceptional benefits.
Would go back to work and for this company .
Great place for developing/improving sale and communication skills and growing skin under amazing management
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2017
Work starts with daily meeting and trainings for a few hours. Afterwards, we drive to specific areas and go door-to-door. I have
enhanced my communication and interpersonal skills by daily presenting to several potential customers. Also:
- Strengthened my time management skills by prioritizing certain tasks to ensure the best outcome for all customers.
- Actively worked and maintained positive relationship with the team of 7-8 people
- Learned about the importance of relationship with the customer and leaving a good experience.
Pros
Skill development, commission
Cons
No hourly wage and benefits
Horribly managed
B Trane chip hauler (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC6 November 2017
Mass hiring in Jan...Mass layoff in May
Toxic environment. Senior driver egos
Rounder times unreachable

Heard old management is out. Hope new is better.
Pros
Cons
To many
Excellent sales teaching
Sales Rep/MxU Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everywhere4 November 2017
Literally the absolute best company I have ever worked for. Access to Grant Cardone's sales training Uni, manage your own time strictly commission based but commission pay was very reasonable and more then enough opportunity to make money
Well Managed, Well Supported working envrioment
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB31 October 2017
I worked for ledcor as an electrician on multiple occasions. Bar none the best company i have worked for. I am not saying they are perfect, but 90% of the time they have all the tools and equipment one needs to complete the job, they have a very good co-ordination system and the reward hard work., I would work for them again in the future if given the chance!
great
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB30 October 2017
great company work/life great money will run company great at oill and gas great people and management training ability to move up within the company 100%
Project Estimator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2017
Ledcor is a good place to work The management team has a good relation to employees and provides training to elevate knowledge and capabilities of workers.
Enjoyable
Concrete Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 October 2017
Working for Ledcor was enjoyable. The crew was good to work with. Living arrangements were good but sometimes you had a shared bathroom depending with what room you were in.
There was overtime and the pay was good. The flights were arranged for us but the turnaround was short with only having 1 week home which included your 2 days travelling.
work in industrial place think safe and others
B - welder Rig (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 October 2017
we work together with respect and follow what is safe for every one no body heart. follow what is work procedure on site and safety rolls and management aware in every unsafe act to all worker reporting near miss and incident work safe and play safe.
Pros
respect company folicy
Cons
keep safe every one on site
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 October 2017
This company goes beyond for their employees and they treat them with the utmost respect..Very clean camp with lots of facilities to use and the food was great and very clean rooms.
Great company to work for to build your knowlegde is Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 October 2017
Three thing I can thank Ledcor for is Professionalism, Culture, and Growth. Amazing company to work for if you have no prior sales experience, they are very excited about team bonding and culture.
Excellent Organization
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 October 2017
Ledcor is the best place I've ever worked! I say this because I'm challenged each day, motivated to do my best and feel supported by my management team. It's a joy coming to work each day!
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 October 2017
Ive been working here for over 5 years now and they have been keeping me busy through all the economic downturn. Great wages and great group of people
The company is great i learned a lot.
Pipefitter helper/ Apprentice pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2017
I love working with Ledcor. I really appreciate how they value their workers. Aside from that When I was new here in canada,Ledcor gave me a way and great opportunity to build my career in trade industry.
Huge on Safety
Blast Truck Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2017
Ledcor has probably been one of the best companies I have ever worked for. On job training is excellent and I love the work we do...

Looking forward to a long career with this company.
okay
Heavy duty equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 September 2017
it was an okay place to work i made some good friends working there i learned a lot about working in the oil sands as it was my first go at it for the most part everyone was professional
Massive Corp
Swamper/Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 September 2017
Ledcor is a massive company. Lots of room for growth. I worked with them for half a year and then went to a different company as they were offering a significantly higher wage for the same work.

Would recommend