Ledcor

Ledcor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad managing
Material Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 12, 2015
The management was not enjoyable to work for they played favourites.
The union rep had a bad attitude.
They paid me minimum wage even tho I had 5 years experience working in the deli.
work live balance
Business Strategist (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 4, 2015
Ledcor is a construction company and mainly focused on operating. Mainly leadership team are from operating. it is a good enviornment to learn operating skills and culture.
Drove to work and scenery was fabulas.
Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chetwynd, BCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good Shifts and good pay
Cons: Ignorant people
Operated haul truck, learned to operated a wiggle a triple 7, 1500 .
Had lots of patience, always had to beware of your surroundings, safety was big on the job site.
Software Licenses Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: High wages, work/life balance
Cons: Very skewed racial demographics in management
Ledcor provides a great working atmosphere long with excellent perks such as benefits, discounts etc. The only problem is that more than 90% of management (close to 500) is made up of white males.
Lots of great training and respect for their employees
Shop Labourer (Former Employee), Northern B.CJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible in over time.
Cons: Contract work
A typical day would be a 12 hour day. The start of my shift would inquirer me to ensure proper fluid levels are maintain in the fleet. Working with the maintenance planner to perform preventive maintenance on the mining equipment based on a 500 hour service interval. I learned basic diagnostic and mechanical skills. Management was helpful and respectful of their employees. My co-workers were a team player and would make the work environment pleasurable. The hard part of my job would be working away from home and the extreme weather conditions. What made my job enjoyable was the wide variety of equipment to learn about and work on.
construction div horrible place to work
assistant project manager (Former Employee), VancouverJuly 6, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no loyalty, HR is political only, not supportive
Worked 8 yrs with Ledcor and enjoyed it. Until my mentor moved up and the new operation manager demoted all of the "other team" members to lower rankings and promoted his hockey team players into management roles they were unqualified for. I was demoted to clerk from PM and a forklift operator was made PM, then they asked me to train him! You can give these people your health and soul, but moment you need support they cast you out and ruin your rep. By the way, I can provide complete documents to prove all claims.
Family
Lead Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 20, 2015
My co-worker have become family to me. They made work more enjoyable. It is awesome to see a company with great structure.
Fun place towork
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJune 13, 2015
Ledcor Fabrication is a very good place to work and they are good to their employees and i really enjoyed my time of employment with them. I was able to learn a great deal of work and experience. my achievement in the field of learning was due to the opportunity I was given to expand on my scopes of learning. I will work for them any day.
Great culture and co-workers.
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Excellent culture
Ledcor is a great place to work. Corporate culture values on employee safety and well-being.

Managed a territory for VoIP service sales. Great co-workers that assisted in a team environment. Territory was my neighborhood, which made a work/life balance awesome ( no long commutes )

Data and decisions made by partner VoIP company made the position challenging.
good place to work
Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2015
Pros: accomodations in camp were nice
Ledcor was a excellent place to work withgreat pay and excellent management.Nice new equipment to operate.good crew to work with and lots of experience on job
Great camp enviroment with comfortable accomidations great people to work with
Coating Crew Labourer (Current Employee), Wandering River, ABMay 20, 2015
Pros: excellent camp facilities
Cons: never home gone for 3-4 months at a time.
early starts with long work hours. at the end of the day you really feel as if you accomplished something.
Lots of opportunity to learn new equipment and different types of tools not often seen on typical job sites.
management was incredible very positive and always helpful with any questions
excellent co-workers with can do attitudes everyone got along great
hardest part of the job was the weather conditions hitting -57 some days
most enjoyable part of the day was being in an environment not many people would get to see.
Dirt work
Packer Operator (Former Employee), Worsley, ABMay 6, 2015
Meet with foreman and go over dayplan and what to expect.Learned communication and equipment operation skills.This job was not hard and was in a familiar environment.
Productive Environment, very safe place to work
Journeyman Electrician and Quality Control (Former Employee), Keal Lake, ABApril 27, 2015
Pros: Good work environment, good benefits, RRSP's etc.
Cons: Travel, being away from home.
-Typical day at work would include running cable tray or teck cable, and terminations of cables, junction box installation, rigid piping etc. while on construction, and performing QC related duties on a day to day basis while in Quality Control (eg. review prints, test cables, verify proper installation, sell systems to clients etc.)

- Learned an abundance of information related to system checks and sale of systems to clients on site.

- Good management, easily accessible, open for discussion.

- Good co-workers, easy to get along with, pleasant environment.

- Hardest part of job was being away from family.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and satisfaction upon completing tasks.
a day at ledcor
Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee), Nisku, ABApril 20, 2015
I Really enjoy Ledcor, but I am a young Apprentice and i want to see more of the trade, Bigger cranes, more experence before I go to school for my 3rd period.
good wage good co workers
Pipe fitter (Current Employee), Nisku, ABApril 4, 2015
great place to work wish they had more work so i could stay on best crew of guys i worked with before the wage was the highest ive got as an apprentice
Good place to work if money is not an issue
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Grande Cache, ABApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great hours and people to work with
Cons: paychecks are small during the summer season
Its a great place to work with great hours and safety is a very large part of every job . The money is a little small in the summer time as there is no overtime . It would be great for someone with no bills and getting close to retirement .
Ledcor
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), EdmontonMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great work atmosphere. Company culture is amazing and you can really feel the team.
Cons: Really long shifts away from home and in camp without rotations.
Great company to work for and a great place to learn from others. Had a lot of field experience and have come along way from when i started.
Fun job,great crew, close to home!
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee), Nisku,ABMarch 9, 2015
Had a very positive experience at Ledcor, it was nice and close to my home. Good yard, very well organized! Lots of opportunity to try all the different aspects of being an electrician in a mod yard.
Great Place to work
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee), edmonton, abMarch 1, 2015
There are great people who work for Ledcor, it is a more stable company in today's economy that helps. I would recommend this company to anyone!
very good company, reasonable management
Technician (Current Employee), CalgaryFebruary 19, 2015
people in this company care about it's own people and others. good benefit, might need to be re-structured for more competivieness

1 2 3 4 5

About Ledcor

The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies, serving the building, heavy – Read more