Ledcor Employee Reviews

One of the worst employers around
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 February 2017
Worked in the finance area and had the wrong experience ever. Ego ridden management with no education what so ever or support. Managers there are all duds.

Erp system is not used to the max. Only used for reporting. Expect no system to help you besides excel
Pros
Cons
Poor management, long hours, no communication, ERP equals job ERP.
a crew with safety as priority #1
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC14 February 2017
all in it had a great group of people and fun to work with. There was a very nice camp that we stayed at, the food was good and lots to take as lunches.
Great company
GHT work coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta12 February 2017
Very safe and friendly to everyone. Great company to pipefit for. Management were friendly and opportunities are presented to those who work hard.
expect to work long hours
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 February 2017
good Canadian company, expect to work long hours and it very male dominated. Lots of room for movement and growth as the company is so large. Generally good people, family feel, good benefits.
Pros
good benefits, room for advancement
Cons
long hours, old boys club feel.
Fun place to work
Pipefitter apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 February 2017
Good company,great people mots of times they try to keep you busy thru out the project and with option to move transfer to other projects and by far they pay better than most companies out there
A buisy and rewarding work
Experienced Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lac des zill mine30 January 2017
I had a great time working for Ledcor. The hours were long, but the work was rewarding. I look forward to working another contract in the near future.
Great place
Piping Foreman (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB29 January 2017
Worked on and off for over 20 years got my journeyman tickets through Ledcor industrial I have worked a lot of locations over the years even as a GF at Fire bag Suncor would like to join the group again where there is employment. Very good management and good benifits
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
non
good job.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Thunderbay, Ontario23 January 2017
I really enjoyed working with Ledcor. the company was very organized and professional. The management took good care of its workers and gave us respect.
although the superintendant would drive around the site and try to instill fear in to his workers. it was very uncomfortable when he was around. the rest of the time was a pleasant work environment.
Pros
paid for flights.
Cons
the one superintendant was not a company man.
Great company, better safety culture.
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 January 2017
Not a single day I went to work for Ledcor I felt safety wasn't the top priority and focus of the company. Every task was approached with a level of professionalism and safe culture that made me and my peers feel much more comfortable when at work. This job was nearing its end when I got to site so the hardest part was figuring out where everything was located on such a congested site. Management did a very good job in organizing the work so the job could be completed on time. I enjoyed the positive work attitude that was brought into the safety meetings every morning.
Pros
safe work culture
Cons
no chance for advancement
Best place ive ever worked
Materials Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
i would not work for another company if i had a choice love that they donate and keep me safe so i can go home at the end of the day
Pros
great place
Cons
ur working outside
Slow paced safe place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 January 2017
Ledcor provides a safe environment to work in but is not always organized to the best of its ability and doesn't always communicate very effectively with its employees. It provides a good salary and benefits.
Pros
salary
Cons
outside work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2017
Ledcor was a great place to work. Great people and good leadership. The wage and benefits were great as well. Above average wage at the time. Haven't worked there in awhile so i dont know about the wage anymore.
Excellent company.
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 January 2017
It's good to be part of one of the leading company in oil and gas industry. I learned a lot about my skills and I enjoy meeting new pipefitter friends.
Excellent work culture. Management very approachable.
Instrumentation/G.H.T./Hydro Testing Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2017
I have worked for Ledcor for numerous years. They allow an individual to advance. A very professional organization. Ledcor walks the talk when it comes to safety and having the best interests of their employees in mind. Ledcor's management teams are very approachable, always willing to listen, no matter what your role is within the company they will have time for you. They treat everyone with respect.
Hated my time there
HR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton10 January 2017
Egos, nothing but egos. I hated every minute I spent at this organization. Especially as a woman, you had to play the game to get anywhere. Disgusting,
Pros
Good events, charitable
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, sexism, too much ego
great company culture surrounded by awsome people
Field sales representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 December 2016
Fibre optic product knowledge, negotiating, communicating skill, customer service, related engineering knowledge and team-work spirit are significantly developed. Most importantly, from door to door job, a hard-working, persistent, dedicated spirit and never-giving-up mentality are planted.
decent
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 December 2016
work is work and that is what i did, i work hard to get where i want to go in life, there is no other option, do what i do beause i want to do it
It is a good place to work with many advantages.
Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
Ledcor Construction Ltd was a great place to work. I enjoyed it very much. There were many different people that I had work with. Such as numerous trades. The most important thing I had learned at Ledcor was being a team member and working in a safe and secure environment. The management is quite well. The hardest component of the job was working late night shifts. However, the pay was excellent, and it is a really good company to work for.
Pros
Long lunch hour breaks and weekend compromises.
Cons
Working long night shifts.
Not a great place
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 November 2016
Working for ledcor you are just a number, they stack so many guys in one area to do so little work and with minimal tools to do it. The management was more concerned that i had the right pairs of gloves on then if i did the job correctly and with quality.
Pros
Cons
can't list them all
Pretty good to work for. Team Environment.
Operator III (Current Employee) –  Encana23 November 2016
Operation of Fuel and Lube, safety is a key component and they are consistent in maintaining a high level.

Co workers are good, supervisors listen. Work can be hard at times and others there may be less to do.
Pros
Fly In
Cons
Camp food

76%