Ledcor Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
good loacation to work
Lead hand at Nova R3 expansion (Current Employee), Joffre, ABJanuary 31, 2016
being 20 min from home was nice having a clac job,with good benefits and wage, hopefully more work close to home is available in the future
Software Licenses Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: High wages, work/life balance
Cons: Very skewed racial demographics in management
Ledcor provides a great working atmosphere long with excellent perks such as benefits, discounts etc. The only problem is that more than 90% of management (close to 500) is made up of white males.
Productive Environment, very safe place to work
Journeyman Electrician and Quality Control (Former Employee), Keal Lake, ABApril 27, 2015
Pros: Good work environment, good benefits, RRSP's etc.
Cons: Travel, being away from home.
-Typical day at work would include running cable tray or teck cable, and terminations of cables, junction box installation, rigid piping etc. while on construction, and performing QC related duties on a day to day basis while in Quality Control (eg. review prints, test cables, verify proper installation, sell systems to clients etc.)

- Learned an abundance of information related to system checks and sale of systems to clients on site.

- Good management, easily accessible, open for discussion.

- Good co-workers, easy to get along with, pleasant environment.

- Hardest part of job was being away from family.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and satisfaction upon completing tasks.
Great place to work.
Business Development Rep (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
Great opportunity for growth and relationship building. Open, honest environment with amazing work life balance.

Management is easy to access and approach.
great working environment- Challenging work.
Ironworker (Former Employee), Joffre, ABFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: Long hours and Good wage
Cons: going home when there is thunder.
working with ledcor was a great opportunity for myself, Because I started out as a labourer then got into the Ironworker trade (Structural) Which I really enjoyed making my days go by fast. Learning more and more great skills from this trade.
All employees are treated with respect and appreciated
Rock Truck / Heavy Hauler Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 6, 2016
Pros: Flights & Camp accommodations provided
Daily Tool box / safety meeting prior to commencing work.

Fill out Field Level Hazard Assessment and update through out the day.

Carry out pretrip equipment inspection, fill out equipment logs and report any leaks or damage.

Operate equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manor performing the required task of staging for loading, hauling and dumping of material at designated area.

Helping others with their task providing assistance and or polite respectful intervention if necessary to mitigate an unsafe condition or act
greta group of people to work with and always saftey orriented. if you did not understand something just ask.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Chetwynd, BCJanuary 29, 2016
typical day would be show up to work and have our safety meeting in the morning to find out what would be going on the site and discussing how to better productivity. always keeping safety in mind finding out how they can better the site. they want you going home safely to your family at the end of each day. Doing our proper pre trip inspections on all the machines and reporting any issues that need to be dealt with. 12 hr shifts are breaks were broken up evenly and you got two 15min breaks and a 30 min for lunch.
No Parts No tools No support
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Can't think of any
Cons: Constant stress
One of the least organized or supportive companies I ever worked for. Enormous stress placed on their mechanics by lack of parts tooling and reference materials. Expected equipment running whether there were parts to repair or not. Management removing mechanics do not operate tags when equipment not fixed, etc.
Northern Alberta Circus
Carpenter (Former Employee), FtHills, AlbertaNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay. Camp was pretty decent. Suncor transportation system is actually pretty decent.
Cons: Management is a joke. Unsafe worksite.
Worked for very short term, 1 1/2/shifts, at Hills site doing concrete formwork.

Extremely congested worksite.
Numerous safety incidents, which probably didn't help the company in sustaining its work. Did not feel especially safe not well supported in taking issue with it to management. The day I arrived on site my foreman was suspended for having two crew members reporting incidents, both of which were very minor cuts or scrapes. Not conducive to reporting any further incidents.....

Tool crib was somewhat lacking, especially given they hired 30 new carpenters at once.
Throwing a bunch more guys at the work semed to work, even given the lack of additional management, since a bunch of new hires got laid of after only three or four weeks.
Management was poor, with little direction given to foremen until it was time to hurry up and get something done.
Full-time long term employees described it as the bigger Ledcor circus they had ever been on, but sadly it was the only game in town.
The only thing I miss is the pay.
Great Place To Work
HUMAN RESOURCES/TRAVEL COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 25, 2016
Pros: Great Atmosphere
Cons: I no longer work there
My time at Ledcor was truly one of the best work based experiences I've ever had. The management team were very helpful and very considerate to your needs. Even though they are such a huge company, they made you feel like an individual and not a number like most huge organizations. I would work for them again if the opportunity came up.
Productive job, friendly environment
Laborer (Former Employee), Kitimat, BCNovember 18, 2015
Wages were great, safety was a big priority (and at times way overdone- knives were not allowed) Plenty of hours but no travel time between terrace and the job site was paid (equaled about 2.5 hours per day!) Was not given much opportunity for advancement in the time I was there, which was disappointing.
good company to work for room for growth
Skilled Laborer/ Skidsteer operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 2, 2015
in my experience working for ledcor was great. I got hired on as a skilled labourer showed I could work hard and had a good head on my shoulders and they went above and beyond for me.
It was a decent company to work for, I just wish it would have lasted longer.
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee), Fort Hills, ABNovember 20, 2015
Ledcor has the possibilities for advancement if you "know" the right people. Unfortunately that's not the way I work or choose to make advancements in a company, so my time there was limited.
Good company to work for
Labourer (Former Employee), Boyle, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: Good money
Cons: Away from friends and family for long periods of time
I've always had a good experience with Ledcor. They're a good company to work for. They believe highly in safety and making sure that every one and every thing is done safely. They take care of their workers.
hard work and good money but not much of a social life
Laborer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 26, 2016
Pros: money was great
Cons: long hours
I learned lots and had fun doing it. Met lots of interesting people that I learned lots of knowledge from. Ledcor was big on safety which was a huge bout because the work was dangerous.
Great company to work
Shared Services (Current Employee), BCFebruary 24, 2016
Large company with room to grow given timing. Try to meet as many people as you can and get involved in projects outside your scope of work.
learning curve
Crewmember 5, Packer Operator (Former Employee), Mt. MilliganJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: camp life
Cons: travelling in and out to work
I was hired as a labourer.
Did odd jobs...moving portable light posts, checking sump pumps, cleaned up messy storage c cans.
Eventually got into a packer machine.
On down time, would ride in a rock truck.
Transportation/Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 3, 2016
Enjoyable work place, love working for this company. Great people to work with, very family and safety oriented company.
Realy enjoyed working for them.
Contract heavy duty mechanic (Former Employee), Kitamaat Village, BCMarch 22, 2016
Good people to work with. Really like doing running repairs for them. Very safety orientated company. Would work for them again anytime.
good place to work whit good people
IRONWORKER journeyman (Former Employee), joffrey red deer albertaOctober 14, 2015
Pros: 90 day no accident free subway
Cons: 10 hours a day 10~4 ROTATION
have fun whit other and working safe but management is not to good
managment good money and nice people to work whit i would liker nto work there again my forman was a good forman enjoy working whit him to
Headquarters