Ledcor Employee Reviews

Great place to build yourself as a person.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2016
I learned lots about telecommunications, grew immensely on my personal development. Met some life long friends. Awesome 12-8 shifts. Management struggled towards the end of my resignment, resulting in a few people leaving the company. Promises were made and not kept about advancement in the company. Hardest part of the job is dealing with is the objections with customers. Most enjoyable part of this job was there was always something new, such as going to another city/town, seeing and meeting new people.
Pros
Company Directors are absolutely awesome.
Cons
Comission based salary.
Good Money, poor management
SITE RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB2 August 2016
Coworkers were people of various trades and job titles. For the most part everyone was easy to get along with. Safety was a big concern though sometimes it was taken too far and prevented work from being completed in a timely fashion. Good, organised hard working individuals were let go for small infractions. Others, victims of workplace violence/harrassment, etc were punished along with the perpetrators of the violence/harrassment.
Inexperienced Supervisors. Unsupportive management.
Family members working closely together created resentment as they were viewed to be favoured.
Pros
Ecellent wages/pay and benefits
Cons
Bureaucratic nightmare; poor communication; poor treatment of employees
Great
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 August 2016
Ledcor was great because it mixed older experienced workers with young workers like myself at the time who were just entering the "real world" and gave us knowledge we could use outside of work, as well as inside the workplace. They gave everybody an equal opportunity at different jobs and running equipment to prove themselves, before deciding on who to give the job to.
Pros
Knowledgebale people, great salary.
Cons
Very Long Hours
Good
Field Operations (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 December 2016
it is ok but not the perfect choice for life balance , on call 24/7 , used to have good benefits , they changed that with the new policies and managements.
Pros
team work
Cons
salary and benefits, higher management
I enjoyed my experience there
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
I found working there to e very good. The wages and benefits were good the management were awsum , I would work for them again.
Pros
Great management
Cons
always far away jobs from home
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2017
Ledcor was a great place to work. Great people and good leadership. The wage and benefits were great as well. Above average wage at the time. Haven't worked there in awhile so i dont know about the wage anymore.
It is a good place to work with many advantages.
Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
Ledcor Construction Ltd was a great place to work. I enjoyed it very much. There were many different people that I had work with. Such as numerous trades. The most important thing I had learned at Ledcor was being a team member and working in a safe and secure environment. The management is quite well. The hardest component of the job was working late night shifts. However, the pay was excellent, and it is a really good company to work for.
Pros
Long lunch hour breaks and weekend compromises.
Cons
Working long night shifts.
Excellent work culture. Management very approachable.
Instrumentation/G.H.T./Hydro Testing Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2017
I have worked for Ledcor for numerous years. They allow an individual to advance. A very professional organization. Ledcor walks the talk when it comes to safety and having the best interests of their employees in mind. Ledcor's management teams are very approachable, always willing to listen, no matter what your role is within the company they will have time for you. They treat everyone with respect.
Dishonest Hiring Practices
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 November 2016
Was told by the recruiter I was being hired for a day shift. I gave notice at the company I was working with that I would be finished in a month. Two days before the new job started I was called and told it would be a night shift. Due to a medical issue I am unable to work nights and told the recruiter. They said to talk it out with the general foreman and superintendent. Neither of them cared.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, no transfers
Hated my time there
HR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton10 January 2017
Egos, nothing but egos. I hated every minute I spent at this organization. Especially as a woman, you had to play the game to get anywhere. Disgusting,
Pros
Good events, charitable
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, sexism, too much ego
Productive but pressured to produce
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 August 2016
Unhealthy mentality brought into the workplace by the boss in my location. Favorites were chosen among the workers by the boss and if you weren't a favorite you were bullied. Incidents happened because workers were afraid to ask the boss on how to go about a task and if they did ask instead of explaining he would go out and do the whole task by himself, making the workers feel incompetent and foolish. I did learn a great deal while I was there from my co-workers. The environment created by the workers was something I had never experienced before, everyone was incredibly kind and eager to help each other out to get the job done. Unfortunately the work environment was still miserable because of the fear the boss instilled on the employees.
Pros
Great people to work alongside with
Cons
Miserable people to work under
Not a great place
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 November 2016
Working for ledcor you are just a number, they stack so many guys in one area to do so little work and with minimal tools to do it. The management was more concerned that i had the right pairs of gloves on then if i did the job correctly and with quality.
Pros
Cons
can't list them all
decent
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 December 2016
work is work and that is what i did, i work hard to get where i want to go in life, there is no other option, do what i do beause i want to do it
no loyality to workers
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2016
Worked there for about five years straight and thought it was the best place I had ever worked. I had to take a few months off because of sickness, they told me to let them know when I was ready to return, so when I got my clearance note from my doctor, I called my superintendent to let him know I was ready to return to full duties.....he said "I don't have anything for you". I was just sick to my stomach. I never had a problem there , did my job in a safe manner, and got along with everyone. They tell workers that they are like "family" to them....don't fall into THAT trap.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
they treat their loyal workers like trash
Gaslighting the Way
IS Emplyoee (Current Employee) –  Corporate3 November 2016
Immediate management in IT is best described as self serving sociopaths. They do not trust anyone but themselves and there is a constant battle between egos across departments.
Pros
interesting industries
Cons
management is insane
Poor management and poor moral
3rd year apprentice (Former Employee) –  Jacos22 September 2016
Two hours a day we were not paid for. Strict with break. Supervision has little faith in there employees. Preach safety but don't practice what they preach.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
No job security
Fun Workplace
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 November 2016
Great to work for, would always go back to work for them. Worked with great people and management was easy to talk to. If your looking for a good place to work ledger is great
great company culture surrounded by awsome people
Field sales representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 December 2016
Fibre optic product knowledge, negotiating, communicating skill, customer service, related engineering knowledge and team-work spirit are significantly developed. Most importantly, from door to door job, a hard-working, persistent, dedicated spirit and never-giving-up mentality are planted.
Great work environment, great pay and job security
Office Assistant/Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2016
Ledcor is an awesome place to work. There is always opportunity to move up in the company and they pay really well. The office has a gym and cafe and some areas have balcony's with bbq, and there is a track out back. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Free lunches, opportunity for advancement
good loacation to work
Lead hand at Nova R3 expansion (Current Employee) –  Joffre, AB31 January 2016
being 20 min from home was nice having a clac job,with good benefits and wage, hopefully more work close to home is available in the future