Ledcor Employee Reviews

It is a good place to work with many advantages.
Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
Ledcor Construction Ltd was a great place to work. I enjoyed it very much. There were many different people that I had work with. Such as numerous trades. The most important thing I had learned at Ledcor was being a team member and working in a safe and secure environment. The management is quite well. The hardest component of the job was working late night shifts. However, the pay was excellent, and it is a really good company to work for.
Pros
Long lunch hour breaks and weekend compromises.
Cons
Working long night shifts.
Not a great place
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 November 2016
Working for ledcor you are just a number, they stack so many guys in one area to do so little work and with minimal tools to do it. The management was more concerned that i had the right pairs of gloves on then if i did the job correctly and with quality.
Pros
Cons
can't list them all
Pretty good to work for. Team Environment.
Operator III (Current Employee) –  Encana23 November 2016
Operation of Fuel and Lube, safety is a key component and they are consistent in maintaining a high level.

Co workers are good, supervisors listen. Work can be hard at times and others there may be less to do.
Pros
Fly In
Cons
Camp food
Good people
Foreman/Supervisor electrician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 November 2016
Good place , easy going , good workers.

No problems

Good facilities

In town

Ok pay

Good hrs

Always keep u working

Hand out extra money for rewards
great crew
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2016
it was a great experience, and a wonderful crew to work with, however the job was not long enough.
i learnt a great deal of cable pull, and terminating.
Fun Workplace
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 November 2016
Great to work for, would always go back to work for them. Worked with great people and management was easy to talk to. If your looking for a good place to work ledger is great
Great experience
Apprentice Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 November 2016
Ledcor was an excellent place to work with the up most regard for safety. Wonderful staff and accommodations. Food was great and I learned a lot working for them.
Pros
great food
Cons
not enough work
I enjoyed my experience there
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
I found working there to e very good. The wages and benefits were good the management were awsum , I would work for them again.
Pros
Great management
Cons
always far away jobs from home
Great place for being shown the ropes
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 November 2016
My experience with Ledcor has been very positive. Everyone is always eager to help or show you how to properly do a task. They're very big on safety with weekly safety meetings as well as having safety personnel walking the yard on a regular basis.
Gaslighting the Way
IS Emplyoee (Current Employee) –  Corporate3 November 2016
Immediate management in IT is best described as self serving sociopaths. They do not trust anyone but themselves and there is a constant battle between egos across departments.
Pros
interesting industries
Cons
management is insane
Fun work environment. Great safety culture
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB1 November 2016
I have enjoyed my employment with the company. I have gained lots of experience here and it's great to enjoy comming to work everyday.
Pros
Great training
Dishonest Hiring Practices
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 November 2016
Was told by the recruiter I was being hired for a day shift. I gave notice at the company I was working with that I would be finished in a month. Two days before the new job started I was called and told it would be a night shift. Due to a medical issue I am unable to work nights and told the recruiter. They said to talk it out with the general foreman and superintendent. Neither of them cared.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, no transfers
Very Pleased With Company
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB27 October 2016
Company was very professional and cared about there workers needs and safety. Would definetly work for them again if the opportunity presented itself.
Competitive Job Scope
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB25 October 2016
It was fun and challenging at the same time, however you do run in to some managment that can be tough to deal with. Had a great time working here, learned lots and always looked forward to going to work.
Poor management and poor moral
3rd year apprentice (Former Employee) –  Jacos22 September 2016
Two hours a day we were not paid for. Strict with break. Supervision has little faith in there employees. Preach safety but don't practice what they preach.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
No job security
Great place to build yourself as a person.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2016
I learned lots about telecommunications, grew immensely on my personal development. Met some life long friends. Awesome 12-8 shifts. Management struggled towards the end of my resignment, resulting in a few people leaving the company. Promises were made and not kept about advancement in the company. Hardest part of the job is dealing with is the objections with customers. Most enjoyable part of this job was there was always something new, such as going to another city/town, seeing and meeting new people.
Pros
Company Directors are absolutely awesome.
Cons
Comission based salary.
My responsibilities
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 September 2016
Everyday it was my job to get all the materials ready for each crew to do there job that day.

I would then get the paper work up to date and start going through the list of things that needed to be ordered for the day.

Next was to ship and receive materials and put inventory away.
Great
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 August 2016
Ledcor was great because it mixed older experienced workers with young workers like myself at the time who were just entering the "real world" and gave us knowledge we could use outside of work, as well as inside the workplace. They gave everybody an equal opportunity at different jobs and running equipment to prove themselves, before deciding on who to give the job to.
Pros
Knowledgebale people, great salary.
Cons
Very Long Hours
Productive but pressured to produce
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 August 2016
Unhealthy mentality brought into the workplace by the boss in my location. Favorites were chosen among the workers by the boss and if you weren't a favorite you were bullied. Incidents happened because workers were afraid to ask the boss on how to go about a task and if they did ask instead of explaining he would go out and do the whole task by himself, making the workers feel incompetent and foolish. I did learn a great deal while I was there from my co-workers. The environment created by the workers was something I had never experienced before, everyone was incredibly kind and eager to help each other out to get the job done. Unfortunately the work environment was still miserable because of the fear the boss instilled on the employees.
Pros
Great people to work alongside with
Cons
Miserable people to work under
Great company to work for
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 August 2016
great company to work for would continue to work for them if there was more work available. Lots of great people work here.