Ledcor Employee Reviews

Great place to build yourself as a person.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2016
I learned lots about telecommunications, grew immensely on my personal development. Met some life long friends. Awesome 12-8 shifts. Management struggled towards the end of my resignment, resulting in a few people leaving the company. Promises were made and not kept about advancement in the company. Hardest part of the job is dealing with is the objections with customers. Most enjoyable part of this job was there was always something new, such as going to another city/town, seeing and meeting new people.
Pros
Company Directors are absolutely awesome.
Cons
Comission based salary.
expect to work long hours
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 February 2017
good Canadian company, expect to work long hours and it very male dominated. Lots of room for movement and growth as the company is so large. Generally good people, family feel, good benefits.
Pros
good benefits, room for advancement
Cons
long hours, old boys club feel.
Great place
Piping Foreman (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB29 January 2017
Worked on and off for over 20 years got my journeyman tickets through Ledcor industrial I have worked a lot of locations over the years even as a GF at Fire bag Suncor would like to join the group again where there is employment. Very good management and good benifits
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
non
Good Money, poor management
SITE RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB2 August 2016
Coworkers were people of various trades and job titles. For the most part everyone was easy to get along with. Safety was a big concern though sometimes it was taken too far and prevented work from being completed in a timely fashion. Good, organised hard working individuals were let go for small infractions. Others, victims of workplace violence/harrassment, etc were punished along with the perpetrators of the violence/harrassment.
Inexperienced Supervisors. Unsupportive management.
Family members working closely together created resentment as they were viewed to be favoured.
Pros
Ecellent wages/pay and benefits
Cons
Bureaucratic nightmare; poor communication; poor treatment of employees
Slow paced safe place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 January 2017
Ledcor provides a safe environment to work in but is not always organized to the best of its ability and doesn't always communicate very effectively with its employees. It provides a good salary and benefits.
Pros
salary
Cons
outside work
Great company, better safety culture.
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 January 2017
Not a single day I went to work for Ledcor I felt safety wasn't the top priority and focus of the company. Every task was approached with a level of professionalism and safe culture that made me and my peers feel much more comfortable when at work. This job was nearing its end when I got to site so the hardest part was figuring out where everything was located on such a congested site. Management did a very good job in organizing the work so the job could be completed on time. I enjoyed the positive work attitude that was brought into the safety meetings every morning.
Pros
safe work culture
Cons
no chance for advancement
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2017
Ledcor was a great place to work. Great people and good leadership. The wage and benefits were great as well. Above average wage at the time. Haven't worked there in awhile so i dont know about the wage anymore.
Great
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 August 2016
Ledcor was great because it mixed older experienced workers with young workers like myself at the time who were just entering the "real world" and gave us knowledge we could use outside of work, as well as inside the workplace. They gave everybody an equal opportunity at different jobs and running equipment to prove themselves, before deciding on who to give the job to.
Pros
Knowledgebale people, great salary.
Cons
Very Long Hours
I enjoyed my experience there
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
I found working there to e very good. The wages and benefits were good the management were awsum , I would work for them again.
Pros
Great management
Cons
always far away jobs from home
One of the worst employers around
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 February 2017
Worked in the finance area and had the wrong experience ever. Ego ridden management with no education what so ever or support. Managers there are all duds.

Erp system is not used to the max. Only used for reporting. Expect no system to help you besides excel
Pros
Cons
Poor management, long hours, no communication, ERP equals job ERP.
Excellent work culture. Management very approachable.
Instrumentation/G.H.T./Hydro Testing Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2017
I have worked for Ledcor for numerous years. They allow an individual to advance. A very professional organization. Ledcor walks the talk when it comes to safety and having the best interests of their employees in mind. Ledcor's management teams are very approachable, always willing to listen, no matter what your role is within the company they will have time for you. They treat everyone with respect.
It is a good place to work with many advantages.
Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
Ledcor Construction Ltd was a great place to work. I enjoyed it very much. There were many different people that I had work with. Such as numerous trades. The most important thing I had learned at Ledcor was being a team member and working in a safe and secure environment. The management is quite well. The hardest component of the job was working late night shifts. However, the pay was excellent, and it is a really good company to work for.
Pros
Long lunch hour breaks and weekend compromises.
Cons
Working long night shifts.
Great company
GHT work coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta12 February 2017
Very safe and friendly to everyone. Great company to pipefit for. Management were friendly and opportunities are presented to those who work hard.
good job.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Thunderbay, Ontario23 January 2017
I really enjoyed working with Ledcor. the company was very organized and professional. The management took good care of its workers and gave us respect.
although the superintendant would drive around the site and try to instill fear in to his workers. it was very uncomfortable when he was around. the rest of the time was a pleasant work environment.
Pros
paid for flights.
Cons
the one superintendant was not a company man.
Dishonest Hiring Practices
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 November 2016
Was told by the recruiter I was being hired for a day shift. I gave notice at the company I was working with that I would be finished in a month. Two days before the new job started I was called and told it would be a night shift. Due to a medical issue I am unable to work nights and told the recruiter. They said to talk it out with the general foreman and superintendent. Neither of them cared.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, no transfers
Hated my time there
HR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton10 January 2017
Egos, nothing but egos. I hated every minute I spent at this organization. Especially as a woman, you had to play the game to get anywhere. Disgusting,
Pros
Good events, charitable
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, sexism, too much ego
Progressive and innovative place to work
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 March 2017
Ledcor is an innovative company to work for with an impressive safety culture and a company that welcomes input from its work force to improve its work practices.
Not a great place
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 November 2016
Working for ledcor you are just a number, they stack so many guys in one area to do so little work and with minimal tools to do it. The management was more concerned that i had the right pairs of gloves on then if i did the job correctly and with quality.
Pros
Cons
can't list them all
decent
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 December 2016
work is work and that is what i did, i work hard to get where i want to go in life, there is no other option, do what i do beause i want to do it
great company culture surrounded by awsome people
Field sales representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 December 2016
Fibre optic product knowledge, negotiating, communicating skill, customer service, related engineering knowledge and team-work spirit are significantly developed. Most importantly, from door to door job, a hard-working, persistent, dedicated spirit and never-giving-up mentality are planted.