Ledcor Employee Reviews

good loacation to work
Lead hand at Nova R3 expansion (Current Employee) –  Joffre, ABJanuary 31, 2016
being 20 min from home was nice having a clac job,with good benefits and wage, hopefully more work close to home is available in the future
Productive but pressured to produce
Labourer (Former Employee) –  AlbertaAugust 11, 2016
Unhealthy mentality brought into the workplace by the boss in my location. Favorites were chosen among the workers by the boss and if you weren't a favorite you were bullied. Incidents happened because workers were afraid to ask the boss on how to go about a task and if they did ask instead of explaining he would go out and do the whole task by himself, making the workers feel incompetent and foolish. I did learn a great deal while I was there from my co-workers. The environment created by the workers was something I had never experienced before, everyone was incredibly kind and eager to help each other out to get the job done. Unfortunately the work environment was still miserable because of the fear the boss instilled on the employees.
Pros
Great people to work alongside with
Cons
Miserable people to work under
Good Money, poor management
SITE RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Joffre, ABAugust 2, 2016
Coworkers were people of various trades and job titles. For the most part everyone was easy to get along with. Safety was a big concern though sometimes it was taken too far and prevented work from being completed in a timely fashion. Good, organised hard working individuals were let go for small infractions. Others, victims of workplace violence/harrassment, etc were punished along with the perpetrators of the violence/harrassment.
Inexperienced Supervisors. Unsupportive management.
Family members working closely together created resentment as they were viewed to be favoured.
Pros
Ecellent wages/pay and benefits
Cons
Bureaucratic nightmare; poor communication; poor treatment of employees
Great place to build yourself as a person.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 20, 2016
I learned lots about telecommunications, grew immensely on my personal development. Met some life long friends. Awesome 12-8 shifts. Management struggled towards the end of my resignment, resulting in a few people leaving the company. Promises were made and not kept about advancement in the company. Hardest part of the job is dealing with is the objections with customers. Most enjoyable part of this job was there was always something new, such as going to another city/town, seeing and meeting new people.
Pros
Company Directors are absolutely awesome.
Cons
Comission based salary.
no loyality to workers
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2016
Worked there for about five years straight and thought it was the best place I had ever worked. I had to take a few months off because of sickness, they told me to let them know when I was ready to return, so when I got my clearance note from my doctor, I called my superintendent to let him know I was ready to return to full duties.....he said "I don't have anything for you". I was just sick to my stomach. I never had a problem there , did my job in a safe manner, and got along with everyone. They tell workers that they are like "family" to them....don't fall into THAT trap.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
they treat their loyal workers like trash
Great
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 15, 2016
Ledcor was great because it mixed older experienced workers with young workers like myself at the time who were just entering the "real world" and gave us knowledge we could use outside of work, as well as inside the workplace. They gave everybody an equal opportunity at different jobs and running equipment to prove themselves, before deciding on who to give the job to.
Pros
Knowledgebale people, great salary.
Cons
Very Long Hours
R3 Expansion at nova joffre
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Joffre, ABJune 13, 2016
Its only been a short time the 6 months I have worked with ledcor at nova joffre but I have never worked in a place where they are so concerned about your well being and safety. It is nice to work in such an environment where they not only talk about safety and care of their workers but actually do it. I want to thank ledger and nova for taking it to a new level and making it such a safe place so their workers can come home safe.
Truly has been a great experience.
All employees are treated with respect and appreciated
Rock Truck / Heavy Hauler Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 6, 2016
Daily Tool box / safety meeting prior to commencing work.

Fill out Field Level Hazard Assessment and update through out the day.

Carry out pretrip equipment inspection, fill out equipment logs and report any leaks or damage.

Operate equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manor performing the required task of staging for loading, hauling and dumping of material at designated area.

Helping others with their task providing assistance and or polite respectful intervention if necessary to mitigate an unsafe condition or act
Pros
Flights & Camp accommodations provided
Productive Environment, very safe place to work
Journeyman Electrician and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Keal Lake, ABApril 27, 2015
-Typical day at work would include running cable tray or teck cable, and terminations of cables, junction box installation, rigid piping etc. while on construction, and performing QC related duties on a day to day basis while in Quality Control (eg. review prints, test cables, verify proper installation, sell systems to clients etc.)

- Learned an abundance of information related to system checks and sale of systems to clients on site.

- Good management, easily accessible, open for discussion.

- Good co-workers, easy to get along with, pleasant environment.

- Hardest part of job was being away from family.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and satisfaction upon completing tasks.
Pros
Good work environment, good benefits, RRSP's etc.
Cons
Travel, being away from home.
Great place to work.
Business Development Rep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
Great opportunity for growth and relationship building. Open, honest environment with amazing work life balance.

Management is easy to access and approach.
Great work environment, great pay and job security
Office Assistant/Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 21, 2016
Ledcor is an awesome place to work. There is always opportunity to move up in the company and they pay really well. The office has a gym and cafe and some areas have balcony's with bbq, and there is a track out back. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Free lunches, opportunity for advancement
Software Licenses Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 24, 2015
Ledcor provides a great working atmosphere long with excellent perks such as benefits, discounts etc. The only problem is that more than 90% of management (close to 500) is made up of white males.
Pros
High wages, work/life balance
Cons
Very skewed racial demographics in management
My responsibilities
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 13, 2016
Everyday it was my job to get all the materials ready for each crew to do there job that day.

I would then get the paper work up to date and start going through the list of things that needed to be ordered for the day.

Next was to ship and receive materials and put inventory away.
great working environment- Challenging work.
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Joffre, ABFebruary 17, 2016
working with ledcor was a great opportunity for myself, Because I started out as a labourer then got into the Ironworker trade (Structural) Which I really enjoyed making my days go by fast. Learning more and more great skills from this trade.
Pros
Long hours and Good wage
Cons
going home when there is thunder.
probably wouldn't work for them again
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Joffre, ABJune 29, 2016
Ok company to work for. Pay check on time. A lot of training and certification for fall arrest and other safety training provided. Go to school for apprenticeship, no job to return to, they will just lay you off. They do not seem to support apprentices, just use them for cheap labourers.
Great Place To Work
HUMAN RESOURCES/TRAVEL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 25, 2016
My time at Ledcor was truly one of the best work based experiences I've ever had. The management team were very helpful and very considerate to your needs. Even though they are such a huge company, they made you feel like an individual and not a number like most huge organizations. I would work for them again if the opportunity came up.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
I no longer work there
Poor management and poor moral
3rd year apprentice (Former Employee) –  JacosSeptember 22, 2016
Two hours a day we were not paid for. Strict with break. Supervision has little faith in there employees. Preach safety but don't practice what they preach.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
No job security
Great learning experience
Ironworker (Current Employee) –  Red deer AlbertaJuly 11, 2016
Great crews, employees taken care of. Crews want to work and build safely and effectively. Crews help one another in doing all jobs not just the one they want.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Out of home province
greta group of people to work with and always saftey orriented. if you did not understand something just ask.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BCJanuary 29, 2016
typical day would be show up to work and have our safety meeting in the morning to find out what would be going on the site and discussing how to better productivity. always keeping safety in mind finding out how they can better the site. they want you going home safely to your family at the end of each day. Doing our proper pre trip inspections on all the machines and reporting any issues that need to be dealt with. 12 hr shifts are breaks were broken up evenly and you got two 15min breaks and a 30 min for lunch.
Great company to work for
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 6, 2016
great company to work for would continue to work for them if there was more work available. Lots of great people work here.