Ledcor February 2011 – April 2011 (3 months)
Civil Earthworks Supervisor
• Front line supervisor I was responsible for the day-to-day organization and direction of all operations.
• Met or exceeded all production goals in a safe, cost effective and environmentally sound manner.
• Communicated planning and expectation requirements to production crews.
• Ensured continuous production improvements through mentoring, coaching and providing performance feedback pertaining to operating standards and procedures to the production crews.
• Provided consistency between shifts through timely setup of pit infrastructure and by informing the oncoming shift of pertinent operating conditions.
• Maintained a safe and efficient work environment through practice of the Alberta OH&S code and application of company policies and standards and by holding employees accountable to these standards and regulations.
• Maximized crew and employee performance through training and matching of employee experience to daily priorities.
• Development and promoted positive employee relations environment within the production crew and across shifts.
• Reduced operating costs by working efficiently, according to established procedures and by identifying and eliminating situations that could cause equipment damage or excessive wear.
• I hold a valid class 5 driver’s license with air brake.
• Thorough knowledge of OH&S legislation (Alberta) and specifically the Mining Code.
• Effective oral and written communication/presentation skills in the English language.
• A working knowledge of computer skills and business – more... software such as Microsoft Office.
• Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills. – less