Ledcor Employee Reviews in Canada

R3 Expansion at nova joffre
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Joffre, ABJune 13, 2016
Its only been a short time the 6 months I have worked with ledcor at nova joffre but I have never worked in a place where they are so concerned about your well being and safety. It is nice to work in such an environment where they not only talk about safety and care of their workers but actually do it. I want to thank ledger and nova for taking it to a new level and making it such a safe place so their workers can come home safe.
Truly has been a great experience.
All employees are treated with respect and appreciated
Rock Truck / Heavy Hauler Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 6, 2016
Daily Tool box / safety meeting prior to commencing work.

Fill out Field Level Hazard Assessment and update through out the day.

Carry out pretrip equipment inspection, fill out equipment logs and report any leaks or damage.

Operate equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manor performing the required task of staging for loading, hauling and dumping of material at designated area.

Helping others with their task providing assistance and or polite respectful intervention if necessary to mitigate an unsafe condition or act
Pros
Flights & Camp accommodations provided
Great Place To Work
HUMAN RESOURCES/TRAVEL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 25, 2016
My time at Ledcor was truly one of the best work based experiences I've ever had. The management team were very helpful and very considerate to your needs. Even though they are such a huge company, they made you feel like an individual and not a number like most huge organizations. I would work for them again if the opportunity came up.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
I no longer work there
greta group of people to work with and always saftey orriented. if you did not understand something just ask.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BCJanuary 29, 2016
typical day would be show up to work and have our safety meeting in the morning to find out what would be going on the site and discussing how to better productivity. always keeping safety in mind finding out how they can better the site. they want you going home safely to your family at the end of each day. Doing our proper pre trip inspections on all the machines and reporting any issues that need to be dealt with. 12 hr shifts are breaks were broken up evenly and you got two 15min breaks and a 30 min for lunch.
great working environment- Challenging work.
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Joffre, ABFebruary 17, 2016
working with ledcor was a great opportunity for myself, Because I started out as a labourer then got into the Ironworker trade (Structural) Which I really enjoyed making my days go by fast. Learning more and more great skills from this trade.
Pros
Long hours and Good wage
Cons
going home when there is thunder.
No Parts No tools No support
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 7, 2016
One of the least organized or supportive companies I ever worked for. Enormous stress placed on their mechanics by lack of parts tooling and reference materials. Expected equipment running whether there were parts to repair or not. Management removing mechanics do not operate tags when equipment not fixed, etc.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Constant stress
hard work and good money but not much of a social life
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 26, 2016
I learned lots and had fun doing it. Met lots of interesting people that I learned lots of knowledge from. Ledcor was big on safety which was a huge bout because the work was dangerous.
Pros
money was great
Cons
Good company to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Boyle, ABFebruary 18, 2016
I've always had a good experience with Ledcor. They're a good company to work for. They believe highly in safety and making sure that every one and every thing is done safely. They take care of their workers.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Away from friends and family for long periods of time
Great Company
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 24, 2016
I very much enjoy working at Ledcor however, when the site supervisor was changed he definitely ensures that he "takes care" of his friends first. Otherwise, a great experience and enjoy the company.
learning curve
Crewmember 5, Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. MilliganJanuary 20, 2016
I was hired as a labourer.
Did odd jobs...moving portable light posts, checking sump pumps, cleaned up messy storage c cans.
Eventually got into a packer machine.
On down time, would ride in a rock truck.
Pros
camp life
Cons
travelling in and out to work
Great to work for
JOURNEYPERSON ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, ABMay 28, 2016
Great to work for. Team environment and reliable workers. Overtime isn't compensated like other sites I have been on. Will continue to stand behind ledcor
Productive job, friendly environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BCNovember 18, 2015
Wages were great, safety was a big priority (and at times way overdone- knives were not allowed) Plenty of hours but no travel time between terrace and the job site was paid (equaled about 2.5 hours per day!) Was not given much opportunity for advancement in the time I was there, which was disappointing.
Realy enjoyed working for them.
Contract heavy duty mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kitamaat Village, BCMarch 22, 2016
Good people to work with. Really like doing running repairs for them. Very safety orientated company. Would work for them again anytime.
Great place to work.
Business Development Rep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
Great opportunity for growth and relationship building. Open, honest environment with amazing work life balance.

Management is easy to access and approach.
Transportation/Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 3, 2016
Enjoyable work place, love working for this company. Great people to work with, very family and safety oriented company.
Enjoyable
JM Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed working for ledcor, gave me a better outlook on working as a family. I would recommend ledcor to other tradesmen
Great company to work
Shared Services (Current Employee) –  BCFebruary 24, 2016
Large company with room to grow given timing. Try to meet as many people as you can and get involved in projects outside your scope of work.
It was a decent company to work for, I just wish it would have lasted longer.
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, ABNovember 20, 2015
Ledcor has the possibilities for advancement if you "know" the right people. Unfortunately that's not the way I work or choose to make advancements in a company, so my time there was limited.
good loacation to work
Lead hand at Nova R3 expansion (Current Employee) –  Joffre, ABJanuary 31, 2016
being 20 min from home was nice having a clac job,with good benefits and wage, hopefully more work close to home is available in the future
good company to work for room for growth
Skilled Laborer/ Skidsteer operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 2, 2015
in my experience working for ledcor was great. I got hired on as a skilled labourer showed I could work hard and had a good head on my shoulders and they went above and beyond for me.