Ledcor Employee Reviews

makes you wanna kill yourself
Fibre optic field technician (Former Employee) –  everywhere26 July 2017
prepare to have no life working as there is almost no time off, and the hours are not flexible. Management is very strict and does not really care about its workers.

They also waste your time in training. I saw a few guys go or let go after a few weeks.

If you're scared of heights and cant climb poles dont waste your time and take this job.

They tell you you're hired on and then next thing you know they let you go if you are slow during work and the exams in class.
good benefits,
Electrical Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC12 July 2017
I appreciate the CLAC benefits provided. Ledcor also provides more tools to work with than other employers.They tend to get larger jobs than my previous employer.
Fantastic safety program.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 July 2017
Overall a good place to work, friendly and knowledgeable. Major potential for growth if one applied him/herself. Good pay/Decent Benefits. Union was more for the company rather than the worker.
Millwright apprentice
Northern Alberta - Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta3 July 2017
I worked up north on a 14 and 7 schedule. Money was great, benefits were good. Security was questionable. Willing to train u. Able to do your apprenticeship.
Professional , good atmosphere
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 June 2017
Really enjoyed working there. Good atmosphere, got a lot of hours when it was busy just not getting enough right now so looking for something new and more steady.
Good experience
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 June 2017
It was pretty good and well taken care of. Too bad I couldn't continue with the company with my apprenticeship and hopes of becoming a welder. Would like to be reached out to a little more often.
Pros
good wages and benifits
Cons
laid off and havent worked with them since.
gain lot of knowledge in the mod yard,nice working environment
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB13 June 2017
They have a good work system for both management and employee's. Safety is a priority everybody participate there safety program and they gave incentives for those who push more for safe environment.
Great Values
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2017
Very organized. Ledcor has a great on-boarding program which allows new employees to get started comfortably. Fun office to work in with many experienced professionals.
great company to work for.
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 May 2017
The typical day at work was always having a job to do while learning from others, learnt new terminating skills, the management was fantastic as they came by to se what you were working on and see how the day goes.
The hardest part of the job was working the Ledcor mod yard, our lead hand was very unorganized. The best part was working with a team and learning from each of them.
productive and enjoy working
Insulator/labourer (Former Employee) –  alberta27 May 2017
a very good company and happy working with them...they treat workers very good and we have all good benifits..enjoy working with good guys all over canada..
Pros
free food and lodging
Cons

Want to know more about Ledcor?

Ask a question
great fun productive work enviroment
Apprentice Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB25 May 2017
14 and 7 rotation with flights camp accommodations provided by Suncor days were very productive 10 hour days great people to work all around great company . worked on construction and hydrotesting
Company vehicle and strong managment
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 May 2017
Frontline client care for all contracts was our main focus everyday.
I learned strong skills in the telecom field as ledcor contracted to multiple providers.

Strong management and leadership was key. All employees had full training and great mentorship

Ledcor was one on the best companies I worked for. My crew and leaders were very involved with the daily tasks.
Run by Scientologists (Actually though)
Residential Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 May 2017
The company lies about how much you can possibly make and basically uses people. The average person here is working 10 hours a day for between 50-100 dollars. Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
They lie about EVERYTHING, dont pay out on sales you make and it is terribly run.
laborer
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 May 2017
Management are horrible don't take in consideration on the good employees not hard to see. Going overboard you notice that there's an oil leak on your truck and you reported it to your supervisor he wants to give you a yellow card as a warning. I've seen where they want you to put out $1,500 or more for certain certificates out of your own pocket but I've seen smaller companies that help accommodate you. If you work there you're better off to stay as the person in the corner and just do your job. The other reports that you see about how good the company is. Almost like there's is total different company never got those little perks or benefits that you hear about in this company
Good work and safety culture
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC15 May 2017
The worksite was great. Most people there seemed to be happy with the jobsite and the other trades they worker with. It was a good place to work and enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Camp was good
Cons
Not paid and were on the bus 40-50 minutes each way to and from the worksite
Very good Employer, many opportunities for Career Advancement
Purchasing Coordinator 4 (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 May 2017
I look back on my 13 years at Ledcor a one of the most memorable work experiences in my career. They are one of the best companies that i have worked for in my role as a Buyer .
Fun place to work!
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB10 May 2017
Start the day off with a toolbox safety meeting to go over the tasks that we will be completeling! Go to your assigned job and perform the task! Take lunch break around 12:30. Work till 5:30 drive to yard and go home.
Pros
Great pay
Welder/ Steamfitter
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 May 2017
The job itself was physically challenging, but I'm glad I worked them. Their management, teams taught me the value of quality & team work. Overall, excellent company.
Good Management
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 May 2017
Good Management Teams, and excellent place to work. I have nothing bad to say about working for Ledcor Fabrication Inc; it was always a pleasant experience working for them...but ever job comes to an end.
Fun work and safety conscience
Fiber Optic Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
Fun work climbing up poles in B.C and seeing the view. Can be dangerous at times with the rain making your job somewhat hard working as a drop technician
Pros
paid flights and hotel and per diem
Cons
Pay is below average and no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval