Ledcor Employee Reviews

Great place to build yourself as a person.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2016
I learned lots about telecommunications, grew immensely on my personal development. Met some life long friends. Awesome 12-8 shifts. Management struggled towards the end of my resignment, resulting in a few people leaving the company. Promises were made and not kept about advancement in the company. Hardest part of the job is dealing with is the objections with customers. Most enjoyable part of this job was there was always something new, such as going to another city/town, seeing and meeting new people.
Pros
Company Directors are absolutely awesome.
Cons
Comission based salary.
Good Money, poor management
SITE RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB2 August 2016
Coworkers were people of various trades and job titles. For the most part everyone was easy to get along with. Safety was a big concern though sometimes it was taken too far and prevented work from being completed in a timely fashion. Good, organised hard working individuals were let go for small infractions. Others, victims of workplace violence/harrassment, etc were punished along with the perpetrators of the violence/harrassment.
Inexperienced Supervisors. Unsupportive management.
Family members working closely together created resentment as they were viewed to be favoured.
Pros
Ecellent wages/pay and benefits
Cons
Bureaucratic nightmare; poor communication; poor treatment of employees
Great
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 August 2016
Ledcor was great because it mixed older experienced workers with young workers like myself at the time who were just entering the "real world" and gave us knowledge we could use outside of work, as well as inside the workplace. They gave everybody an equal opportunity at different jobs and running equipment to prove themselves, before deciding on who to give the job to.
Pros
Knowledgebale people, great salary.
Cons
Very Long Hours
I enjoyed my experience there
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
I found working there to e very good. The wages and benefits were good the management were awsum , I would work for them again.
Pros
Great management
Cons
always far away jobs from home
It is a good place to work with many advantages.
Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
Ledcor Construction Ltd was a great place to work. I enjoyed it very much. There were many different people that I had work with. Such as numerous trades. The most important thing I had learned at Ledcor was being a team member and working in a safe and secure environment. The management is quite well. The hardest component of the job was working late night shifts. However, the pay was excellent, and it is a really good company to work for.
Pros
Long lunch hour breaks and weekend compromises.
Cons
Working long night shifts.
Dishonest Hiring Practices
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 November 2016
Was told by the recruiter I was being hired for a day shift. I gave notice at the company I was working with that I would be finished in a month. Two days before the new job started I was called and told it would be a night shift. Due to a medical issue I am unable to work nights and told the recruiter. They said to talk it out with the general foreman and superintendent. Neither of them cared.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, no transfers
Productive but pressured to produce
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 August 2016
Unhealthy mentality brought into the workplace by the boss in my location. Favorites were chosen among the workers by the boss and if you weren't a favorite you were bullied. Incidents happened because workers were afraid to ask the boss on how to go about a task and if they did ask instead of explaining he would go out and do the whole task by himself, making the workers feel incompetent and foolish. I did learn a great deal while I was there from my co-workers. The environment created by the workers was something I had never experienced before, everyone was incredibly kind and eager to help each other out to get the job done. Unfortunately the work environment was still miserable because of the fear the boss instilled on the employees.
Pros
Great people to work alongside with
Cons
Miserable people to work under
no loyality to workers
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2016
Worked there for about five years straight and thought it was the best place I had ever worked. I had to take a few months off because of sickness, they told me to let them know when I was ready to return, so when I got my clearance note from my doctor, I called my superintendent to let him know I was ready to return to full duties.....he said "I don't have anything for you". I was just sick to my stomach. I never had a problem there , did my job in a safe manner, and got along with everyone. They tell workers that they are like "family" to them....don't fall into THAT trap.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
they treat their loyal workers like trash
Not a great place
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 November 2016
Working for ledcor you are just a number, they stack so many guys in one area to do so little work and with minimal tools to do it. The management was more concerned that i had the right pairs of gloves on then if i did the job correctly and with quality.
Pros
Cons
can't list them all
Great work environment, great pay and job security
Office Assistant/Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2016
Ledcor is an awesome place to work. There is always opportunity to move up in the company and they pay really well. The office has a gym and cafe and some areas have balcony's with bbq, and there is a track out back. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Free lunches, opportunity for advancement
good loacation to work
Lead hand at Nova R3 expansion (Current Employee) –  Joffre, AB31 January 2016
being 20 min from home was nice having a clac job,with good benefits and wage, hopefully more work close to home is available in the future
Poor management and poor moral
3rd year apprentice (Former Employee) –  Jacos22 September 2016
Two hours a day we were not paid for. Strict with break. Supervision has little faith in there employees. Preach safety but don't practice what they preach.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
No job security
Gaslighting the Way
IS Emplyoee (Current Employee) –  Corporate3 November 2016
Immediate management in IT is best described as self serving sociopaths. They do not trust anyone but themselves and there is a constant battle between egos across departments.
Pros
interesting industries
Cons
management is insane
Fun Workplace
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 November 2016
Great to work for, would always go back to work for them. Worked with great people and management was easy to talk to. If your looking for a good place to work ledger is great
My responsibilities
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 September 2016
Everyday it was my job to get all the materials ready for each crew to do there job that day.

I would then get the paper work up to date and start going through the list of things that needed to be ordered for the day.

Next was to ship and receive materials and put inventory away.
Great place for being shown the ropes
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 November 2016
My experience with Ledcor has been very positive. Everyone is always eager to help or show you how to properly do a task. They're very big on safety with weekly safety meetings as well as having safety personnel walking the yard on a regular basis.
Productive Environment, very safe place to work
Journeyman Electrician and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Keal Lake, AB27 April 2015
-Typical day at work would include running cable tray or teck cable, and terminations of cables, junction box installation, rigid piping etc. while on construction, and performing QC related duties on a day to day basis while in Quality Control (eg. review prints, test cables, verify proper installation, sell systems to clients etc.)

- Learned an abundance of information related to system checks and sale of systems to clients on site.

- Good management, easily accessible, open for discussion.

- Good co-workers, easy to get along with, pleasant environment.

- Hardest part of job was being away from family.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and satisfaction upon completing tasks.
Pros
Good work environment, good benefits, RRSP's etc.
Cons
Travel, being away from home.
R3 Expansion at nova joffre
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Joffre, AB13 June 2016
Its only been a short time the 6 months I have worked with ledcor at nova joffre but I have never worked in a place where they are so concerned about your well being and safety. It is nice to work in such an environment where they not only talk about safety and care of their workers but actually do it. I want to thank ledger and nova for taking it to a new level and making it such a safe place so their workers can come home safe.
Truly has been a great experience.
Great Place To Work
HUMAN RESOURCES/TRAVEL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 April 2016
My time at Ledcor was truly one of the best work based experiences I've ever had. The management team were very helpful and very considerate to your needs. Even though they are such a huge company, they made you feel like an individual and not a number like most huge organizations. I would work for them again if the opportunity came up.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
I no longer work there
Pretty good to work for. Team Environment.
Operator III (Current Employee) –  Encana23 November 2016
Operation of Fuel and Lube, safety is a key component and they are consistent in maintaining a high level.

Co workers are good, supervisors listen. Work can be hard at times and others there may be less to do.
Pros
Fly In
Cons
Camp food