Ledcor Employee Reviews

Great company, better safety culture.
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 January 2017
Not a single day I went to work for Ledcor I felt safety wasn't the top priority and focus of the company. Every task was approached with a level of professionalism and safe culture that made me and my peers feel much more comfortable when at work. This job was nearing its end when I got to site so the hardest part was figuring out where everything was located on such a congested site. Management did a very good job in organizing the work so the job could be completed on time. I enjoyed the positive work attitude that was brought into the safety meetings every morning.
Pros
safe work culture
Cons
no chance for advancement
Best place ive ever worked
Materials Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
i would not work for another company if i had a choice love that they donate and keep me safe so i can go home at the end of the day
Pros
great place
Cons
ur working outside
Slow paced safe place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 January 2017
Ledcor provides a safe environment to work in but is not always organized to the best of its ability and doesn't always communicate very effectively with its employees. It provides a good salary and benefits.
Pros
salary
Cons
outside work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2017
Ledcor was a great place to work. Great people and good leadership. The wage and benefits were great as well. Above average wage at the time. Haven't worked there in awhile so i dont know about the wage anymore.
Excellent company.
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 January 2017
It's good to be part of one of the leading company in oil and gas industry. I learned a lot about my skills and I enjoy meeting new pipefitter friends.
Excellent work culture. Management very approachable.
Instrumentation/G.H.T./Hydro Testing Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2017
I have worked for Ledcor for numerous years. They allow an individual to advance. A very professional organization. Ledcor walks the talk when it comes to safety and having the best interests of their employees in mind. Ledcor's management teams are very approachable, always willing to listen, no matter what your role is within the company they will have time for you. They treat everyone with respect.
Hated my time there
HR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton10 January 2017
Egos, nothing but egos. I hated every minute I spent at this organization. Especially as a woman, you had to play the game to get anywhere. Disgusting,
Pros
Good events, charitable
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, sexism, too much ego
great company culture surrounded by awsome people
Field sales representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 December 2016
Fibre optic product knowledge, negotiating, communicating skill, customer service, related engineering knowledge and team-work spirit are significantly developed. Most importantly, from door to door job, a hard-working, persistent, dedicated spirit and never-giving-up mentality are planted.
Good
Field Operations (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 December 2016
it is ok but not the perfect choice for life balance , on call 24/7 , used to have good benefits , they changed that with the new policies and managements.
Pros
team work
Cons
salary and benefits, higher management
decent
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 December 2016
work is work and that is what i did, i work hard to get where i want to go in life, there is no other option, do what i do beause i want to do it
It is a good place to work with many advantages.
Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
Ledcor Construction Ltd was a great place to work. I enjoyed it very much. There were many different people that I had work with. Such as numerous trades. The most important thing I had learned at Ledcor was being a team member and working in a safe and secure environment. The management is quite well. The hardest component of the job was working late night shifts. However, the pay was excellent, and it is a really good company to work for.
Pros
Long lunch hour breaks and weekend compromises.
Cons
Working long night shifts.
Not a great place
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 November 2016
Working for ledcor you are just a number, they stack so many guys in one area to do so little work and with minimal tools to do it. The management was more concerned that i had the right pairs of gloves on then if i did the job correctly and with quality.
Pros
Cons
can't list them all
Pretty good to work for. Team Environment.
Operator III (Current Employee) –  Encana23 November 2016
Operation of Fuel and Lube, safety is a key component and they are consistent in maintaining a high level.

Co workers are good, supervisors listen. Work can be hard at times and others there may be less to do.
Pros
Fly In
Cons
Camp food
Good people
Foreman/Supervisor electrician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 November 2016
Good place , easy going , good workers.

No problems

Good facilities

In town

Ok pay

Good hrs

Always keep u working

Hand out extra money for rewards
great crew
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2016
it was a great experience, and a wonderful crew to work with, however the job was not long enough.
i learnt a great deal of cable pull, and terminating.
Fun Workplace
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 November 2016
Great to work for, would always go back to work for them. Worked with great people and management was easy to talk to. If your looking for a good place to work ledger is great
Great experience
Apprentice Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 November 2016
Ledcor was an excellent place to work with the up most regard for safety. Wonderful staff and accommodations. Food was great and I learned a lot working for them.
Pros
great food
Cons
not enough work
I enjoyed my experience there
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
I found working there to e very good. The wages and benefits were good the management were awsum , I would work for them again.
Pros
Great management
Cons
always far away jobs from home
Great place for being shown the ropes
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 November 2016
My experience with Ledcor has been very positive. Everyone is always eager to help or show you how to properly do a task. They're very big on safety with weekly safety meetings as well as having safety personnel walking the yard on a regular basis.
Gaslighting the Way
IS Emplyoee (Current Employee) –  Corporate3 November 2016
Immediate management in IT is best described as self serving sociopaths. They do not trust anyone but themselves and there is a constant battle between egos across departments.
Pros
interesting industries
Cons
management is insane