Ledcor

Ledcor Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun job,great crew, close to home!
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee), Nisku,ABMarch 9, 2015
Had a very positive experience at Ledcor, it was nice and close to my home. Good yard, very well organized! Lots of opportunity to try all the different aspects of being an electrician in a mod yard.
Great Place to work
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee), edmonton, abMarch 1, 2015
There are great people who work for Ledcor, it is a more stable company in today's economy that helps. I would recommend this company to anyone!
very good company, reasonable management
Technician (Current Employee), CalgaryFebruary 19, 2015
people in this company care about it's own people and others. good benefit, might need to be re-structured for more competivieness
I loved working for ledcor
Laborer (Former Employee), Kitimat, BCFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: rain
great company.great people. I looked forward to going to work every day.I learned a lot about what it takes to build a road over a mountain.I worked 11 months in Kitimat.laid off Oct.12 2014.Hardest part off the was the terrain very steep you really had to pay attention to your surroundings.The most beautiful scenery.
Lies and broken promises
Apprentice (Former Employee), JoffreFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the hr lady at the office is a good person
Cons: the on site supervisor should be replaced
Quit my $45 an hour job to work for them because it was a promises in a stable career. Big mistake, got one day of orientation and then let go the next day after 2 hours of work. No reason given to as I was let go, but thats unions for you

Union buddies in the loop only matter
I do enjoy working at my current job.
Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great bunch of guys to work with.
Cons: i did learn lots.
I get up at 5am go to Tim's for breakfast and coffee, took a ferry to site not big enough for all to be inside out of the elements. one thing I did learn was, when the heater quits on the bus it could always be worse. ..
Great Place to Work. Great facilities.
Heavy Equipment Truck Driver (Former Employee), ABJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: all good.
Loved the work. Great food and facilities. Management and co workers good. Made good friends.
prductive fun workplace
Skilled labourer, Equipment operator (Former Employee), Kitimat, BCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great camp
Cons: end of work
Good management, Great company to work for, fun and productive workplace
camp lot to do
heavy equipment operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: camp
Cons: 12 hour days
12 hour dayslot of safety,good management,nice people to work with,working on steep slopes,really good bunch of guys to work with
needs better commumition in place,18 min interview for job.???
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Whitecourt, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: growing company, enjoyable people
Cons: long work hours, ask alot of questions on what is to be completed
i dont know of any place that will hire you in an 18 min interview..but they did.In all the years of working for different companys that was an eyeopener,,strange but true,all in all the company has a strong background are generally good to work for,,
Overall, a good company to work for
4th year Electrician (Former Employee), 4th year ElectricianDecember 19, 2014
I enjoyed my experience with this company. Safe environment, nice accommodations. Travel to and from site was easy and completely taken care of. Overall, management was good, accommodating and approachable. No major complaints, working for this company. Work at a few sites for them and would/will work with them again.
Day at work
Civil Quality Control coordinator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 8, 2014
Review all testing and inspections performed during the shift.
Coordinate with construction, inspections required and verify as per ITP.
Communicate with Quality Manager and Project Manager of all Quality issues.
Review and compile all documents with Document Control.
Review Survey As-Builts.
Good people, always different tasks
Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician/Serviceman (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayNovember 29, 2014
We have a large fleet of equipment so there was always something new to do or learn. Most of the journeymen came from very different locations or backgrounds, so they had a large breadth of knowledge and experience.
company culture
labourer/pipefitter apprentice (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABNovember 24, 2014
not bad had too many foreigners working and not enough canadian boys too were the1st to go to wen layoffs came other than that ok to work for
Great crews
Operator/Lead Hand (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 21, 2014
Crews were great, but the company seemed to be a bit top heavy in management. The resources that we had were great do to the size of the company
Its a nice place to work. All the teams work together.
B Pressure Welder (Current Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 29, 2014
we use to do pipe fabrication. I've never got any repair on my weld joint.
Great place to work and learn. Just wish it was long term.
Rigid Frame Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fort MacMurray, AlbertaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: camp life was good for me.
Cons: expensive plane fares.
In the construction field, the business is feast or famine. I would have liked to work till retirement. I really enjoyed the job.
same as last one
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCOctober 17, 2014
same as the review I put for Ledcor management always changing their minds on how they wanted us to do things
Good summer work, safe and fast-paced
Engineering hand for a Pipeline Field Engineer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaOctober 12, 2014
I would start a typical day by examining what tasks needed to be completed. Once on site I would write a safety form for the task. I would help the field engineer by measuring, calculating and holding the measure level for the engineer to shoot angles with a transit. Since I was the only crew member for a team that usually consists of three or more I held a lot of responsibility with the field engineer and managed most tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was working close with the environment and learning about field engineering,
Tipical Corprate work place
I&R tech (Current Employee), BC, CanadaOctober 8, 2014
Pros: no one else wants to work in my location
Cons: never no who your manager is and to many pay cuts here, pay structure sucks.
Work day not typical it changes daily you take the good and the bad Days.
Learned What Not to do the next time.

Management is terrible lots of personnel changes in the upper ranks in this outfit. Not very stable and the bean counters order the work vehicle's.
Co-workers are decent for the most part however there are the odd lazy ones that don't take pride in their work and you are just another number in the Corporate world here.

Working alone and the end of the day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ledcor

The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies, serving the building, oil – Read more