Small Engine Technician
Competition Number: LM0074
Location: Kitimat, BC
Closing Date: September 13, 2013
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America's largest Dealers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We are a growing company that offers you the potential to grow with us. At Leavitt, we set you up to succeed by offering you training and mentorship in a team environment. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social responsibility, work-life balance, and personal accountability. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity for the right individual to make their mark. At Leavitt Machinery, we are leaders in our industry looking for like-minded leaders to join our growing team.
If you are an avid outdoors person and are passionate about fishing, hunting, hiking, or riding to the top of the mountains on your snowmobiles or ATV, then this location may be for you. If you possess the following skills and experience for this position in Kitimat, we encourage you to apply.
Small Engine Technician Overview
We are currently recruiting for an additional Small Engine Technician/Outdoor Power Technician to join the team at our Kitimat location. Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the diagnosis and repair of small engines.
Job Description Details
- Communicate with supervisor on job expectations prior to every job
- Communicate all estimated labour times to supervisor in a timely fashion
- Diagnose and repair all types of small engine and outdoor power equipment
- Ensure job details are discussed with customers to the customer's level of satisfaction
- Show flexibility to the customer in repair requests
- Complete work order paperwork and necessary warranty paperwork
- Minimum five years experience as a Mechanic, Small Engine Technician, or Outdoor Power Technician
- Small engines certification or equivalent is a strong asset
- Strong computer and trouble shooting skills
- Clear communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to contribute positively to a quality team environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- A self starter and work under minimal supervision.
DOES YOUR CAREER NEED A LIFT?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume, quoting "Small Engine Technician - LM0074" to: careers (AT) leavitt.ca
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization.