Competition Number: LM0112
Location: Red Deer, AB
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We are a growing company that offers you the potential to grow with us. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social responsibility, work-life balance, and personal accountability. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity for the right individual to make their mark. At Leavitt Machinery, we are leaders in our industry looking for like-minded leaders to join our growing team.
Assistant Service Manager Overview
Reporting directly to the Regional Service Manager, the Service Manager supervises maintenance and repair of materials handling and aerial equipment in the Red Deer region. Responsible for the supervision of a team of technicians, the Service Manager ensures customer satisfaction, while providing direction and motivation to all employees in the region. The Service Manager helps to build the service structure in the branch and ensures adherence to safety policies and procedures.
Job Description Details
- Develops key customer accounts
- Maintains frequent contact with staff in the region and address concerns as they arise
- Conducts regular toolbox meetings with all mechanics in the region
- Frequently reviews each service job description and performs spot checks
- Conducts regular meetings with parts/svc staff at the branch level
- Completes SWO's on policy and redo jobs as required
- Actively addresses customer service and facility issues
- Maintains a close awareness of all performance measures for the region
- Human Resources functions include hiring, training and motivating staff, scheduling work hours and approving hours for employee payments, employee performance management and terminations
- Minimum five years of experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in a similar role is considered a strong asset
- Licensed mechanic with technical knowledge
- Ability to manage an operational budget
- Must be extremely organized and a self-starter; able to work with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills; deals with conflict effectively
- Must be a strong multi-tasker, and must excel at coping with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Strong computer and trouble-shooting skills.
DOES YOUR CAREER NEED A LIFT?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume, quoting “Service Manager”
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization. Due to the volume of applications received, no phone calls please.
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers for Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We sell, rent, lease, finance,...