Competition Number: LM0046
Location: Red Deer, AB
Closing date: June 22, 2013
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers for Materials Handling and Aerial equipment including boomlifts and scissorlifts and have recently broadened into the new wave of industry leading, environmentally friendly products such as self erecting cranes, electric forklifts and scissorlifts. Our 18 full-service branches provide the best in New, Used and Rental equipment, mobile service, parts, and industry leading safety training. Already established in British Columbia, Alberta and Washington State, we are looking to grow our team.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Service Manager. The Service Manager oversees maintenance and repair of materials handling and aerial equipment in the Red Deer region. Supervising a team of technicians, the Service Manager ensures customer satisfaction, while providing direction and motivation to all employees in the region. The Service Manager builds the service structure in the branch and ensures adherence to safety policies and procedures.
Job Description Details
- Develops key customer accounts
- Maintains frequent contact with staff in the region and address concerns as they arise
- Conducts regular toolbox meetings with all mechanics in the region
- Frequently reviews each service job description and performs spot checks
- Conducts regular meetings with parts/svc staff at the branch level
- Completes SWO's on policy and redo jobs as required
- Actively addresses customer service and facility issues
- Maintains a close awareness of all performance measures for the region
- Human Resources functions include hiring, training and motivating staff, scheduling work hours and approving hours for employee payments, employee performance management and terminations
Job Skills and Requirements
- Minimum five years of experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in a similar role is considered a strong asset
- Licensed mechanic with technical knowledge of highway equipment
- Ability to manage an operational budget
- Must be extremely organized and a self-starter; able to work with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills; deals with conflict effectively
- Must be a strong multi-tasker, and must excel at coping with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Strong computer and trouble-shooting skills
Submit your cover letter and resume, quoting “Service Manager – LM0046” to: careers (AT) leavitt.ca
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We would like to thank all those who apply, however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization.
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers for Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We sell, rent, lease, finance,...