Lead Hand Technician
Competition Number: LM0062
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Closing Date: October 4, 2013
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We are a growing company that offers you the potential to grow with us. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social responsibility, work-life balance, and personal accountability. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity for the right individual to make their mark. At Leavitt Machinery, we are leaders in our industry looking for like-minded leaders to join our growing team.
Lead Hand Technician Overview
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Lead Hand Technician is responsible for directing technician workflow for the Rental, Retail, and Fleet Management business units. You will also be working closely with customers and technicians on retail shop jobs.
Job Description Details
- Quoting repairs to Rental, Retail, and Fleet business units
- Leading and coaching other technicians by example, using outstanding product and trade knowledge
- Acting as technical support to the Field Technicians
- Observing and correcting any unsafe work habits or conditions
- Ensuring high quality repairs
- Inspecting every machine before it leaves the shop and advising the repairing Technician of any short falls or deficiencies found
- Encouraging team work and advising Service Manager of any personnel issues in the shop.
- Heavy-Duty Journeyperson certificate
- Minimum 10 years experience with Aerial & Lift Trucks
- General ability to perform repairs on LP systems, diesel systems, reading and repairing hydraulic and electrical schematics and systems
- Outstanding leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to contribute positively to a team environment
- Strong computer, organization, and trouble shooting skills
- Willingness and desire to learn
- A self starter and minimal supervision.
Compensation & Shift Details
- Starting wage: $55.07 per hour
- Hours of work: 12 hour shifts – 14 days on/14 days off. Hours of work are based on current needs and are subject to change to meet future needs of the business.
DOES YOUR CAREER NEED A LIFT?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume, quoting “Lead Hand Technician - LM0062” to: careers (at) leavitt.ca
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization.
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers for Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We sell, rent, lease, finance,...