Competition Number: LM00904
Location: Calgary, AB
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We are a growing company that offers you the potential to grow with us. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social responsibility, work-life balance, and personal accountability. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity for the right individual to make their mark. At Leavitt Machinery, we are leaders in our industry looking for like-minded leaders to join our growing team.
Shop Technician Overview
Leavitt Machinery is seeking an additional Shop Technician for our service team in Calgary. Reporting to the Service Manager, your core job will be promoting customer growth and developing new accounts. You will be responsible for the diagnosis and repair of Materials Handling equipment including Forklifts and Aerial Work Platforms.
- Communicate with supervisor on job expectations prior to every job
- Communicate all estimated labour times to supervisor in a timely fashion
- Ensure all aspects of the job are handled to the customer's satisfaction
- Look for additional repair opportunities on retail jobs and communicate to supervisor or PSSR on each job
- Ensuring high quality repairs
- Fill out work order forms for each job and submit on a daily basis
- Complete all necessary warranty paperwork as instructed by the warranty administrator
- In the event of a safety incident, complete all necessary paperwork as laid out in the Leavitt Safety Program
- Track and follow-up on parts for ongoing jobs
- On Warranty jobs, ensure parts are returned
- Ensure that parts orders are correct before attempting to install.
Skills and Requirements
- Heavy-Duty/ Commercial Transport Journeyperson certificate
- General ability to perform repairs on LP systems, diesel systems, reading and repairing hydraulic and electrical schematics and systems
- Previous Aerial and Lift Truck experience
- Strong computer and trouble shooting skills
- Clear communication skills and professional
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to contribute positively to a quality team environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- A self starter and minimal supervision
DOES YOUR CAREER NEED A LIFT?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume, quoting “Shop Technician - LM00904” to: careers (at) leavitt.ca
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization.