Branch Field Technician
Competition Number: LM00910
Location: Red Deer, AB
Closing Date: Remains open until further notice
Leavitt Machinery is seeking a replacement Field Technician in our Red Deer location. Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the diagnosis and repair of Materials Handling equipment including Forklifts and Aerial Work Platforms.
Job Description Details
Reporting to the Service Manager, your core job will be promoting customer growth and developing new accounts:
- Communicate with supervisor on job expectations prior to every job
- Communicate all estimated labour times to supervisor in a timely fashion
- Ensure all aspects of the job are handled to the customer's satisfaction
- Look for additional repair opportunities on retail jobs and communicate to supervisor or PSSR on each job
- Ensure job details are discussed with customers to the customer's level of satisfaction
- Show flexibility to the customer in repair requests
- If diagnosis time exceeds 2 hours, seek help through local leadhand, chargehand, service manager or tech center if required
- Fill out work order forms for each job and secure customer signatures on all work order forms
- Complete all necessary warranty paperwork as instructed by the warranty administrator
- In the event of a safety incident, complete all necessary paperwork as laid out in the Leavitt Safety Program
- Track and follow-up on parts for ongoing jobs
- On Warranty jobs, ensure parts are returned
- Ensure all parts are present before traveling to site
- Represent Leavitt Machinery professionally.
- Heavy-Duty Journeyperson certificate
- General ability to perform repairs on LP systems, diesel systems, reading and repairing hydraulic and electrical schematics and systems
- Previous Aerial & Lift Truck experience
- Strong computer and trouble shooting skills
- Clear communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to contribute positively to a quality team environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- A self starter and minimal supervision
- A good reference for your skill abilities
- Both male and female candidates can succeed in this role.
It is our policy to contact only those candidates that we believe will be successful fit for our organization.
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.