Competition Number: LM0107
Location: Kitimat, BC
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We are a growing company that offers you the potential to grow with us. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social responsibility, work-life balance, and personal accountability. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity for the right individual to make their mark. At Leavitt Machinery, we are leaders in our industry looking for like-minded leaders to join our growing team.
If you are an avid outdoors person and are passionate about fishing, hunting, hiking, or riding to the top of the mountains on your snowmobiles or ATV, then this location may be for you. If you possess the following skills and experience for this position in Kitimat, we encourage you to apply.
Field Technician Overview
Reporting to the Service Manager, your core job will be promoting customer growth and developing new accounts.
Job Description Details
- Communicate with supervisor on job expectations prior to every job
- Communicate all estimated labour times to supervisor in a timely fashion
- Ensure all aspects of the job are handled to the customer's satisfaction
- Look for additional repair opportunities on retail jobs and communicate to supervisor or PSSR on each job
- Ensure job details are discussed with customers to the customer's level of satisfaction
- Show flexibility to the customer in repair requests
- If diagnosis time exceeds 2 hours, seek help through local leadhand, chargehand, service manager or tech center if required
- Fill out work order forms for each job and secure customer signatures on all work order forms
- Complete all necessary warranty paperwork as instructed by the warranty administrator
- In the event of a safety incident, complete all necessary paperwork as laid out in the Leavitt Safety Program
- Track and follow-up on parts for ongoing jobs
- On Warranty jobs, ensure parts are returned
- Ensure all parts are present before traveling to site
- Represent Leavitt Machinery professionally.
- Must be an experienced Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Heavy-Duty Journeyperson certificate
- General ability to perform repairs on LP systems, diesel systems, reading and repairing hydraulic and electrical schematics and systems
- Previous Aerial & Lift Truck experience
- Strong computer and trouble shooting skills
- Clear communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to contribute positively to a quality team environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- A self starter and work under minimal supervision
- 12 hour shifts – 14 days on/14 days off. Hours of work are based on current needs and are subject to change to meet the future needs of the business.
DOES YOUR CAREER NEED A LIFT?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume.
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization.