Competition Number: LM00937
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We are a growing company that offers you the potential to grow with us. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social responsibility, work-life balance, and personal accountability. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity for the right individual to make their mark. At Leavitt Machinery, we are leaders in our industry looking for like-minded leaders to join our growing team.
Field Technician Overview
Reporting to the Service Manager, your core job will be promoting customer growth and developing new accounts.
Job Description Details
- Communicate with supervisor on job expectations prior to every job
- Communicate all estimated labour times to supervisor in a timely fashion
- Ensure all aspects of the job are handled to the customer's satisfaction
- Look for additional repair opportunities on retail jobs and communicate to supervisor or PSSR on each job
- Ensure job details are discussed with customers to the customer's level of satisfaction
- Show flexibility to the customer in repair requests
- If diagnosis time exceeds 2 hours, seek help through local leadhand, chargehand, service manager or tech center if required
- Fill out work order forms for each job and secure customer signatures on all work order forms
- Complete all necessary warranty paperwork as instructed by the warranty administrator
- In the event of a safety incident, complete all necessary paperwork as laid out in the Leavitt Safety Program
- Track and follow-up on parts for ongoing jobs
- On Warranty jobs, ensure parts are returned
- Ensure all parts are present before traveling to site
- Represent Leavitt Machinery professionally.
- Must be an experienced Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Heavy-Duty Journeyperson certificate
- General ability to perform repairs on LP systems, diesel systems, reading and repairing hydraulic and electrical schematics and systems
- Previous Aerial & Lift Truck experience
- Strong computer and trouble shooting skills
- Clear communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to contribute positively to a quality team environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- A self starter and work under minimal supervision
Compensation & Other Details
- Earn $45-50/hour depending on experience
- Full Benefits
- 12 hour shifts – 14 days on/14 days off. Hours of work are based on current needs and are subject to change to meet the future needs of the business.
DOES YOUR CAREER NEED A LIFT?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume, quoting “Field Technician - LM0937” to: careers at leavitt.ca
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization.