Competition Number: LM0050
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Closing date: June 30, 2013
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We are a growing company that offers you the potential to grow with us. At Leavitt, we set you up to succeed by offering you training and mentorship in a team environment. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social responsibility, work-life balance, and personal accountability. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity for the right individual to make their mark. At Leavitt Machinery, we are leaders in our industry looking for like-minded leaders to join our growing team.
Equipment Broker Overview
Are you interested in being a Stock Broker? Leavitt Machinery’s Equipment Brokers (or Traders) perform a very similar function.
They buy and sell equipment throughout North America and Internationally, focusing on authorized equipment dealers. Working within a “niche” business unit (Wholesale Division), an Equipment Broker will be responsible for prospecting for new clients, growing existing relationships, and performing detailed market research that will allow you to successfully trade equipment throughout the world. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in marketing management and strong negotiating skills.
- Prospecting to generate new leads and client accounts
- Proficient in Microsoft CRM
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with accounts remotely (within US and Eastern Canada)
- Capable of maintaining a travel schedule; visiting key suppliers / customers on a quarterly basis
- Command control over proposals and presentations
- Manage data of pricing, sales and activity reports
- Consults management on market and business direction
- Works with pricing model to generate appropriate margins
- Helps to achieve objectives of regional business plans
- Develop marketing and/or branding plan appropriate for your territory
Skills and Requirements
- Strong communicator
- Ability to read market signals and intelligence and use this information to make decisions
- Ability to analyze and manage risk
- Strongly developed negotiation skills
- Self-starter who will pursue a specific source of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency
- Proven problem solving skills with the ability to gather and assess information, formulate and evaluate alternatives and propose a recommended solution
DOES YOUR CAREER NEED A LIFT?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume, quoting “Equipment Trader - LM0050” to: careers at leavitt.ca
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization.