Crane Operations Supervisor
Competition Number: LM0072
Location: Calgary, AB
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers of Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We are a growing company that offers you the potential to grow with us. We value a strong work ethic, dedication to continuous improvement and learning, social responsibility, work-life balance, and personal accountability. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity for the right individual to make their mark. At Leavitt Machinery, we are leaders in our industry looking for like-minded leaders to join our growing team.
Crane Operations Supervisor Overview
As a Crane Operations Supervisor, you are responsible for overseeing repair costs, complex erecting and demobilization of both tower and self-erect cranes. You will utilize your operational background to work with the sales team, service technicians, and contractors to find solutions to meet the needs of our crane customers. Relocation assistance to the Alberta, Canada region is available for the right candidate.
Job Description Details
- Planning the processes for erecting and demobilizing of both conventional and self erect cranes
- Access, troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions, determine extent of repair required, adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Provide guidance on shipping, NDT, inspection, and Geo-tech bearing pressure issues
- Liaise and coordinate with contractors, technicians, electricians, customers, engineers, factory, freight, logistics and vendors
- Review structural and architectural blue prints, distinguishing what configuration and type of crane is best suited for the job
- Assist in creating base drawings and blue prints
- Identifying and developing new account opportunities
- Ensuring all safety standards are met and processes followed.
- Post-secondary education in Project, Operations or Business Systems Management, or Mechanical Engineering is required
- Proven experience as a Project Manager in a similar role or related industry
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Knowledge of related safety standards
- Must be extremely organized and a self-starter; able to work with limited supervision
- Possess superior interpersonal, communication, trouble-shooting and analytical skills
- Must be a strong multi-tasker, and must excel at coping with conflicting priorities
- Comfortable working at heights and all weather conditions
- Able to contribute positively to a quality team environment
- A positive attitude and a good work ethic.
DOES YOUR CAREER NEED A LIFT?
To be a part of this exciting company, apply by sending your detailed cover letter and resume, quoting “Crane Operations Supervisor - LM0072”
Leavitt Machinery is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however, we will only be contacting those candidates that we believe will be a successful fit in our organization.
Leavitt Machinery is one of North America’s largest Dealers for Materials Handling and Aerial equipment. We sell, rent, lease,...