Lear Corporation Employee Reviews

Bad place
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 December 2017
Physically demanding job. Mostly creepy men who work here. Management is terrible and the union is worse. They don’t fix wrongs. The pay is low and the hours are awful.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long hours, noisy, rude staff
Worse place i ever worked
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 November 2017
Wow Lear ....
They start off telling you how great the place is and how you can move up and make your own hours . They lead you on to think you can move up in the company and join the union. So many people have to retire before they can even ask you to join meanwhile taking small union dues every check. They say it is not forced to work 6 days a week but if you want a day off you get punished and only work Friday and Saturday. People that have been there over 10 years do not even like the place and around 90 percent of the workers hate being there and the pay and hours. So glad I left Lear in ajax . Worst experience when you find out what is really going on and you will be very disappointed. I give lear 1 star for being clean that is it .
If you want a life and pay do not work there the union says they help you by paying 50 cents above minium wage . I thought they were joking and when I cracked a smile I just got dirty looks.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Working there
Hard work but great pay.
General Laborer/Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 November 2017
I learned a lot working at Lear. It was a great place to work and I met a lot of good people. If the company did not close in 2015, I would have gladly retired from there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Physically demanding at times.
Good Workplace
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 October 2017
It was a good learning experience for me while finishing up school. Having a 7 month co-op placement was beneficial for me to be able to get the job I did right out of school.
Worked more than 14 years. The best place.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2017
I worked for the company for more than 14years. I found the company has it's own respect.
If there is anything more than10 i will give it to the company
Decent workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 June 2017
Work started off great, training was given (Although it was not the best), jobs are relatively easy when taught correctly, most workers are nice, lots of workers and mainly management favour only full-time workers and treat temporary or part-time workers with disrespect. Some jobs were fun and enjoyable, able to listen to music for some of them. Most enjoyable part of the job was specific jobs if assigned to them, otherwise - going home.
Pros
Flexible scheduling for part timers
Cons
Supervisors
Horrible
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON18 April 2017
Absolutely horrible company who cares nothing about the employees or the quality of the product they produce, supervisors are impossible to have any respect for I wouldn't recommend anyone to work thier for any amount of time
Pros
Break
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 April 2017
Amazing experience, got to experience and learn new skills. Employees are really helpful and were able to support me. I was able to further enhance my skills and learn new opportunities to ensure my possibilities in the future
Productive and very fast paced
Line Operator & Entry Level Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON9 February 2017
Job kept me very busy and was easy for me to focus on the task at hand. It was easy to get along with other coworkers and management was always willing to help most of the time.
work
Automatic Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 January 2017
it was a good place to work they treated you good management was the dimiss learned a lot of different jobs like press work tow crane
good place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON18 January 2017
Lear was a physically demanding job, with long hours & swing shifts. I learned team work, time management, & instructing new employees. Management was fair. Most co-workers were very pleasant to work with. New model launches were toughest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the end product & being able to take pride in your work.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
layoffs
Good Company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 November 2016
Good company to work for however the jobs in Ontario have reduced significantly since 2000. Work life balance was non very good due to long hours of the auto industry.
Cons
Long hours, auto industry
productive and effective workplace
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON18 September 2016
Run smoothly and a friendly environment. A lot of different types of personalities in the workplace and accommodate to all questions or concerns an employer might have.
Tough Work and Long
Supplementary worker (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON21 June 2016
On a typical day, supplementary employees would go to what is called "the marketplace" to get stationed on available jobs. We had frequent breaks, but because of long hours, i would only be able to have a real social-work balance on morning shifts.
Pros
Two 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute break
Cons
Long hours and very short amount of training
Faible management
Supply chain Controller (Current Employee) –  Tunis, ON9 May 2016
Lear Tunisie est dotée d'une équipe de direction dont le potentiel managérial est très faible
Pros
souplesse pour le temps des pauses
Cons
absence de plan de carrière
Poor management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON26 January 2016
There is too many in management. Poor communication with all employees. Constant fear of losing your job or wages being cut. No pay raises in 12+ years.
A strong company that was innovative in their field
Engineering / Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON18 January 2016
Learned Six Sigma and Lean techniques there. Was given the opportunity to use these tools to improve the workplace in areas of safety, ergonomics, and enjoyment.
Strong union environment caused some obstacles that were difficult to overcome.
Plant was closed when the Ford Talbotville facility closed
Pros
Ability to learn new methods
Cons
VERY strong union environment that was not challenged
Clean
fast paced production worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 November 2015
Clean work place. Friendly co workers. Friendly supervisors. Very laid back. I would recommend someone to Lear Corp. Not much room for moving up.
My job at Lear was fun and I learned every job on the line.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON21 October 2015
I worked on an assembly line at Lear and I loved all of the people there. We would help each other get the job done. The supervisors were very fair and appreciated a good worker. I never let them down. I came in early or stayed late because I liked my job so much. There was really no hard job there once you learned it.
Pros
Very fun place to work. Supervisors respected all hard workers
Fast Pace Manufacturing Enviroment
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philippines15 September 2015
Good manufacturing experience for aspiring Engineers. High quality standard and stable operation processes. Provide soft skills and technical training opportunities. Competent management team.
Pros
Employee of choice. Good working environment. Free meals.
Cons
Long working hours including weekend. Less career progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lear Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Lear Corporation Reviews by Location