Lear Corporation

Lear Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced,always something to do
Assembler (F/T) (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 31, 2014
co workers were great good management I liked getting trained in any different positions it helped keep the job more interesting
Great company to work for.
Customer Liaison / Quality Team Leader (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: ongoing training
Cons: long hours during launches
Great Company to be employed for. Enjoyed the day to day challenges of the just in time environment.
Manufacturing Job
Car Seat Assembler (Former Employee), AjaxNovember 12, 2013
A typical day is standing in front of an assembly line and make sure that you are not holding the line. I learned how to work fast with accuracy, without this skill working in an assembly line will be impossible. This was only a summer job.
You must account for every second of your day. Makes you feel like you're in prison.
Assembler (Former Employee), Ajax, ONSeptember 3, 2013
A typical Tier 1 Auto Supplier. Make counts first, quality second. Employees treated like a number, not a person.
Building Seats For Dodge/Chrysler
Line Worker (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 15, 2013
Pros: in house cafitera, friendly employees/ supervisors
Cons: maximum of 3 shifts a week, no set schedual
Only worked as Temporary Part Time
Fast paced environment
Standing for extended amounts of time
Lifting 30+lbs constantly
Great pay and fun people to work with
Production Assembler (Former Employee), St.ThomasFebruary 3, 2013
Working with Lear Corporation was exciting and a very good learning experience
A fortune 500 company
Materials/Production Supervisor - St. Thomas (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 6, 2012
For the better part of eighteen years I managed and directed 16 to 32 people within a JIT environment, in both production and material handling. I learned the values of respect, both giving and receiving, and the importance of keeping and maintaining a clean, safe work environment. Managers did not micro manage, but allowed you to make decisions regarding – more... your job. It is important to establish a working relationship with co-workers and to give assistance if needed. Like most jobs, motivating workers requires constant need, and the most enjoyable part was to have workers dedicated to their job and duties. – less
factory setting
Factory Worker (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 1, 2012
I just go to work...do my job the best of my ability...be civil to others...be on time and work overtime when needed.
People are not all bad
Production Associate (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONAugust 10, 2012
Pros: benifits
Cons: dirty
Having to watch what you say to whom you say it too is bad. If someone didn't like you or felt threatened by you, they would try to make your life misserable.
Very hard physical work in a dirty and noisy environment
Assembler (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: very hot dirty and injury on the job a frequent occurance
Building seats for General Motors cars. The job was very physically demanding in a very hot dirty and noisy environment.
Long hours and days,travel
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Ajax,ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: high paying job
Cons: on call
Enjoyed the time while employed
Enjoyed helping people
Earned many certificates
OK place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Concord, ONApril 17, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: midnight shift
Different place to work. I learned how to lead people. The management was good. the co-workers where OK. The hardest part of the job was the work shift. the most enjoyable was the ability to train other people.
Life changing and oportunity to advance
Shift Union Rep and Assembler (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 12, 2012
Pros: excellent wages
Cons: repetative and hard on your body
Being elected as a shift union rep by my co workers was a exciting experience.I then had a chance to take many coarses to improve my skills and educate myself in the areas I need to be able to deal with.Beyond doing production work,I had a chance to negotiate a contract with Lear and the C A W union..Typical days would inclued doing overtime sheets – more... and filing paper work to managment and the union,health and safty and unemployment.I also had to defend other employees in matters at work.I work well under pressure and in hectic situations ..as per dealing with almost all men in a factory setting. – less
Set up CMMS
Maintenance Management Systems Contract Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2012
Pros: work independant
Cons: cold enviroment
Gather pertinent data and input into CMMS
Organize a stockroom and identify items for CMMS

Regimented

Skilled tradesmen

Getting information for CMMS
Identifying Parts

Seeing work orders created for PM and repair tasks
was a pleasant working experience
Quality auditor (Former Employee), St. Thomas, OntarioFebruary 27, 2012
just had to follow Fords schedule and somethimes was a pain but Lear made it it up to us with early outs and free lunches
Great company to work for
Director of Corporate Development and Planning (Former Employee), 上海市, ChinaDecember 16, 2014
Good work life balance with great benefits and perks, quite good opportunities and exposure to management
Job
Production Associate (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIDecember 15, 2014
Lear is a company with no room for advancement. Hard to talk to anymore in management if you have any questions or concerns. Happy to be employed but cant see myself as a Lear employee for years to come.
great place to work
Production Line Team Leader (Former Employee), Coventry, ENGNovember 28, 2014
Pros: well paid
Cons: no canteen
great place to work enjoyed the work i was incharge and implemented all changes/ processes needed to achieve daily targets as team leader
Lear was the most memorable job. Fast pace and dynamic.
Design Manager (Former Employee), Southfield, MINovember 15, 2014
i have not worked at Lear since 2008. I am sure that the culture have changed. I started during the growth period and it was most exciting and provided me with room to grow and learn.
Lear was a company that was made of individuals not systems. A culture that promoted competitiveness and individual contributions.
Fast-paced physically demanding place to work
Assembly Line Operator (Current Employee), Roscommon, MINovember 12, 2014
Pros: union, benefits, pay
Cons: mandatory overtime, body wear and tear
A typical day at this facility consists of fast-paced assembly work, followed by paperwork and quality check to insure the parts made meet inspection to be used for the sister company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lear Corporation

Lear doesn't take a back seat to anyone when it comes to manufacturing automotive seats. The company's Seating business, by far – Read more

Lear Corporation Photos