Lear Corporation

Lear Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Manufacturing Job
Car Seat Assembler (Former Employee), AjaxNovember 12, 2013
A typical day is standing in front of an assembly line and make sure that you are not holding the line. I learned how to work fast with accuracy, without this skill working in an assembly line will be impossible. This was only a summer job.
You must account for every second of your day. Makes you feel like you're in prison.
Assembler (Former Employee), Ajax, ONSeptember 3, 2013
A typical Tier 1 Auto Supplier. Make counts first, quality second. Employees treated like a number, not a person.
Building Seats For Dodge/Chrysler
Line Worker (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 15, 2013
Pros: in house cafitera, friendly employees/ supervisors
Cons: maximum of 3 shifts a week, no set schedual
Only worked as Temporary Part Time
Fast paced environment
Standing for extended amounts of time
Lifting 30+lbs constantly
Great pay and fun people to work with
Production Assembler (Former Employee), St.ThomasFebruary 3, 2013
Working with Lear Corporation was exciting and a very good learning experience
A fortune 500 company
Materials/Production Supervisor - St. Thomas (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 6, 2012
For the better part of eighteen years I managed and directed 16 to 32 people within a JIT environment, in both production and material handling. I learned the values of respect, both giving and receiving, and the importance of keeping and maintaining a clean, safe work environment. Managers did not micro manage, but allowed you to make decisions regarding – more... your job. It is important to establish a working relationship with co-workers and to give assistance if needed. Like most jobs, motivating workers requires constant need, and the most enjoyable part was to have workers dedicated to their job and duties. – less
factory setting
Factory Worker (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 1, 2012
I just go to work...do my job the best of my ability...be civil to others...be on time and work overtime when needed.
People are not all bad
Production Associate (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONAugust 10, 2012
Pros: benifits
Cons: dirty
Having to watch what you say to whom you say it too is bad. If someone didn't like you or felt threatened by you, they would try to make your life misserable.
Very hard physical work in a dirty and noisy environment
Assembler (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: very hot dirty and injury on the job a frequent occurance
Building seats for General Motors cars. The job was very physically demanding in a very hot dirty and noisy environment.
Long hours and days,travel
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Ajax,ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: high paying job
Cons: on call
Enjoyed the time while employed
Enjoyed helping people
Earned many certificates
OK place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Concord, ONApril 17, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: midnight shift
Different place to work. I learned how to lead people. The management was good. the co-workers where OK. The hardest part of the job was the work shift. the most enjoyable was the ability to train other people.
Life changing and oportunity to advance
Shift Union Rep and Assembler (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 12, 2012
Pros: excellent wages
Cons: repetative and hard on your body
Being elected as a shift union rep by my co workers was a exciting experience.I then had a chance to take many coarses to improve my skills and educate myself in the areas I need to be able to deal with.Beyond doing production work,I had a chance to negotiate a contract with Lear and the C A W union..Typical days would inclued doing overtime sheets – more... and filing paper work to managment and the union,health and safty and unemployment.I also had to defend other employees in matters at work.I work well under pressure and in hectic situations ..as per dealing with almost all men in a factory setting. – less
Set up CMMS
Maintenance Management Systems Contract Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2012
Pros: work independant
Cons: cold enviroment
Gather pertinent data and input into CMMS
Organize a stockroom and identify items for CMMS

Regimented

Skilled tradesmen

Getting information for CMMS
Identifying Parts

Seeing work orders created for PM and repair tasks
was a pleasant working experience
Quality auditor (Former Employee), St. Thomas, OntarioFebruary 27, 2012
just had to follow Fords schedule and somethimes was a pain but Lear made it it up to us with early outs and free lunches
Good to lear new things
Customer Service Analyst / Manufacturing (Current Employee), Apodaca MexicoSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: overtime pay, weekends pay.
Need to be a proactive person to enjoy and to survive in this kind of job. Need to involve in all departments (production, quality, procurement, engineering, etc).
Productive and fun place to work for .
Logisitcis Analyst (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Cordinating and schedule the logistics of Domestic and Internatinal shipments..
Great pay and benefits, wide gap between execs and non-managements
Analyst (Current Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 24, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: fear of layoff at quarter end to make numbers
Major industry player, great opportunity to work globally in automotive industry. Despite record earnings every quarter since the 2009 downturn, future bonus formulas for non-executives have been cut. Lots of talk about being Employer of Choice, and The Leadership Model, but it feels like propaganda. Great for execs and college grads, not so much for – more... the mid-lifers. Also, to be global can require evening conference calls from home in addition to your regular work day. – less
Long days
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: the time spend driving
I would leave at 6:30 am to start my day at 8:00 am and arrive home after 8 pm. My drive was over 100 miles a day.
Great job with great co-workers
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Roscommon, MIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and a strong staff
Cons: break downs, downtime, extreme heat
Strong Union support for fellow brothers and sisters. Fast paced work environment with a complicated layout. Great management and support from other team members. Hardest part is the hours are hard and shifts can become quite exhausting in the late summer months. Love the people and the staff I work with.
Good Company tough industry
Sr. Material Planner (Former Employee), Duncan, SCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good learning environment.
Cons: expend-ability of employees. poor life work balance.
Good Company Learned a good deal in my tenure. Managers at the plant level are expendable and tend to be let go for issues that may or may not be in their direct control. This is the nature of tier One Automotive supply.

Not much job security.
great
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 12, 2014
Had a fun atmosphere and great co-workers. Challenging but rewarding work. Loved the work experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lear Corporation

Lear doesn't take a back seat to anyone when it comes to manufacturing automotive seats. The company's Seating business, by far – Read more

Lear Corporation Photos