At LeadSift we are building a platform to generate sales leads by mining publicly available social media data. Imagine you want to go car shopping and a local car dealer reaches out to you on Twitter and offers a test drive in your dream car, or you just broke your new iPhone 5 and a representative from Rogers provides a replacement! Yep, we are creating a platform that will allow that.
As a software engineer, you’ll be working on LeadSift’s complete stack, from designing the databases to implementing new features that fortune 500 companies will be using on a daily basis.
You’ll be part of a strong, hard working engineering team in a start-up environment, and learn hands-on about our industry and our customers, and you’ll be figuring out how to make them happy, and then going ahead and doing it. We love people who can set their own direction and are self-motivated, be passionate about what they create and work well with a team.
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Proficiency with Relational Databases
- Passion for creating awesome code, down to the smallest details
Nice to have:
- Experience with Django
- Knowledge of No-SQL databases like MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra.
- Prior experience with data mining
- Contribution(s) to open source software
- Half day Fridays
- Start-up culture = being able to get your hands dirty in many things at once.
- Unlimited supply of espresso/chai + fully stocked snack bar
- Health benefits from day one
- Macbook Pro.
- Weekly team lunches/dinners
- Equity Options
Without solid, inventive development, Leadsift can’t develop industry leading solutions. If you dream of working on what can legitimately be called The Next Big Thing, put your resume together and contact us at the email id below. Along with your application,
please include references to any open source contributions you’ve made or examples of side projects (i.e. Github, HackerNews)