My client is an established Winnipeg Hotel with a very strong experienced Management team requires an experienced Hotel Controller.
The Controller will look after all financial operations, including management and financial reporting; annual budgeting; audit preparation/liaison; improving financial systems, controls and procedures with a full knowledge of full cycle accounting.
- Perform the full cycle of accounting activities related to the production of financial statements; including creating and posting journal entries, analyzing financial results, and writing financial narratives.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met and all deliverables are completed with a high quality product. Prepare bank and balance sheet reconciliation's related to assigned area of responsibility. Ensure all schedules are completed timely and efficiently. Verify that all reconciling items are researched and resolved promptly.
- Work effectively with team members within Accounting and across departments to effect changes and complete special projects required as part of company-wide goals and objectives.
- Research, analyze, resolve and document accounting issues or processes as assigned by Management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement by reviewing current processes for automation.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Controller will also lead the drive to reduce costs and increase profitability through strong commercial and pragmatic approach, with the ability to work with the General Manager to provide sound financial advice and support.
Prior Hotel financial control experience is essential. The successful candidate must be CMA , CGA or CA designated. ISO Management Systems experience would be an asset.
The above position will be challenging, demanding and rewarding to the individual eager to deliver excellence at every opportunity. In return my client offers an excellent salary and benefits package within an exciting work environment of a dynamic company. For more information or to apply please forward your resume with a covering letter by February 10, 2013, explaining how your previous experience qualifies you for the position. Applications close on February 10, 2013.
Indeed - 10 months ago