Le Chateau Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Love my co-workers, do not love my work
Senior Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: Good discount
Cons: No sign of a raise!
The company needs to take better care of it's employees as they are the front lines of their business. If you pay sales associates minimum wage and management just above that, then you will only get a minimum wage amount of work from employees.
good management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCApril 1, 2016
the team is great, you are able apply your communication aswell work on it. Company is flexible with the student work life. very understanding people. management is great on teaching how to do special orders, making customer transactions
Great learning experience
Menswear Style Expert (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2016
Learned amazing lifetime skills
Met great people and life time friends.
Learned to thrive in a competitive environment.
Sometimes shaky management but work team made results happen.
Don't work here
Brand Stylist (Former Employee), KelownaSeptember 5, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: inflexible
I really enjoy working at Le Chateau. The clothes are high quality and easy to sell as well as the people I work with are amazing. However, I would not recommend applying here. They do not give you room to be an individual and sell in your own way. The company wants all of their employees to conform to everything they say and basically sell in a scripted way. If you are going to school or have any kind of a life outside of work they will not be willing to work around your schedule. The company is inflexible and stubborn when it comes to availability. I loved working here and had top sales however they practically pushed me out the door because I refused to work off a script and drop out of school to have a career here. They are not looking for people to work their part-time, they only want people who are going to work for Le Chateau forever. If you are just looking for a job in retail DO NOT apply here. They don't even have competitive wages and you will probably stay at minimum wage for the entire period of working there.
Worst company I have EVER worked for!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: none
Our DM would come to my store and trash talk certain employees behind their backs, was not professional at all... Hired new management member and allowed this new employee to take weeks off at a time leaving all the responsibility of the store on only two full time key holders, who by the way were only getting paid $12.00 and $11.50! Its an embarrassment to say that I ever worked for a company who truly does not care about their employees at all.
Glad it is over
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Commissions
Cons: Long hours, not enough breaks, and management
I worked here while I was going to school.
A typical work day would start pleasant with my fellow employees, then by the end I would be miserable.
I was the head cashier, so I was mostly responsible for ringing through the sales. I was also in charge of the accessories.
On top of the salary, the sales employees got a commission for their sales. That is were it got really competitive and the employees could turn angry quickly.
What was really frustrating was that it was a store stuffed with too much clothing. If we had to get clothing out of the back, that was a nightmare, and dangerous to our safety. It would take another person to pry open the tracks and hold it open with their bodies, so that I could get something for a customer. And if it was on the top row, you had to climb up to get it. There were no ladders, and a clothes hook was impossible to come by. I had ripped so much of my clothing from that. I had talked to management about it several times but nothing was really done.
Once the store was closed, we would have to stay for hours after cleaning, and re-organizing the store. I had to stop several times out of sheer exhaustion and I got yelled at for it. An eight hour work day would end up being 10-11 hours with no other breaks.
The only thing that made me happy was working in the men's department the few times I had to cover while another employee was on break.
I would not recommend this place to work at to anyone. I don't even shop there anymore.
Productive and energetic work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Great discount on awesome clothes
Cons: No sufficient hours
No time to sit and no time to find excuses. Nothing but exceptional customer service was always expected. I learned to never take customer's complaints and aggravations personally and to to always try to troubleshoot the problem to get the best outcome possible.

The manager was always available for advice and help but always let everyone figure out situations and problems and solve them on their own before she interfered. Everyone worked as a team and everyone was looking for the best results for the customer and the store.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with complaints patiently and trying to always let the customer leave satisfied but the best part was when the customer got what they were looking for and left the store with a smile and a great and powerful feedback.
Productive Job in which I learned many things.
Floor Staff/Cashier (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 6, 2016
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Sometimes low on hours
Le Chateau has provided with much experience. Before I worked here, I did not have any experience with the actual inventory operations of the store. I have had the opportunity to learn, explore and come across situations I would have never thought myself to be in. All this has made me a better employee for the current workplace.

One thing that I would change is the addition of a break room. It would be a lot more accommodating to have a separate space to spend my breaks in rather than having to sit squished at the back with all the boxes and materials placed there.
Professional and fun work enviornment
Product Manager, Keyholder (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Flexible schedule, employee discount
Cons: Mall hours
A typical day at work would involve opening the store, greeting customers, discovering their needs and then meeting them to meet sales goals, and then closing the store.

I learned excellent people skills while working here. How to communicate, how to read body language, how to build a connection an instant connection, while also learning about product knowledge and the importance of sales goals.

My co-workers and managers were always supportive and positive, creating a fun and upbeat atmosphere which really transferred to the sales floor.

The hardest part of the job would be meeting sales goals on low traffic days.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be implementing merchandising directives.
Good retail experience with lots of fashion knowledge
Part-Time Key holder (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Co-workers are enjoyable to work with
Cons: Long hours
I check my personal goal for the store to achieve good numbers at the end of the day. I learn about the new products that come into the store and I service customers.
Sales Associate and Key Holder
Sales Associate Key Holder (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Pros: Got a raised
Cons: Management
Go to work
Clock in
Read binder of tasks to be completed in between customers
Customer Service
Up selling products aim for goal
Close store
General store clean up
Home

Promoted from Sales Associate to key Holder
Fashionable place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 13, 2016
Lots of great fashion with lots of product knowledge and training. Not a great job culture and very low paying. Would not work for them again.
le chateau the best place
Clerk/ Customer Services (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2015
Pros: compliments from manager
Cons: long standing
just enjoy the day as i explain incoming customers about the material we are selling. I learned that creating a good relationship with client is important because they come back.

my management was great and they did what they could to keep it that way.

They most hard part of the job is when client little upset because when she calls before coming in the store someone may have given them bad info.

my co-workers were the best.. i created a friendship with them even though i left but we still talk.

most enjoyable is when you making sells you feel like you doing something
amazing managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKMarch 16, 2016
My years at Le Chateau really helped me to grow into a young adult. I started there when i was 16 and I really enjoyed the workplace environment along with the staff.
Staff Very friendly and supportive/ Low Wage
Product Manager (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 28, 2016
Pros: Staff Very friendly and supportive
Cons: Low Pay for what is expected
Great staff, but a lot is expected of you for a very low wage
Love working with great clientele
Manager is very supportive and accommodating
Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 4, 2016
Great place to work really enjoyed working as a team. My supervisor was very supportive and inspiring. Loved the clothes.
Great team environment & jovial atmosphere
Sales Associate/Style Specialist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy my work!! Extremely fast paced and demanding, but a great challenge with both base pay and commission based incentives.
Management was awful
Style Specialist (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: Management
Hated management, everything else was alright...
Loved the 50% off discount and they frequently had contests where you could win gift cards for free clothes!
don't ever work here
General Store Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 3, 2015
company doesn't value people. they change people as often as they change their window displays. work over 55-60 hours per week.
Fun work place, great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Great Discount
Cons: People were ridiculing one another
While working for this company I realized that although everyone as individuals were amazing, it felt a little like high school. In a sense everyone would talk about each other and it went from a family to just coworkers