Le Chateau Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
I have learned how work efficiently, and under pressure.
I have learned how to work independently, as well as take leadership in tasks.
I have learned to do online orders.
Send professional emails.
I have learned how to receive and ship stock.

I enjoy that the environment is safe, the people are nice within this company and my management is very understanding. They work well as a team, and assist me when it is needed. I enjoy the culture of the company and all it offers.
Pros
understanding
Cons
hours
No way
Key Holder, Shoe Specialist, (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
- hard work and no positive feed back
- nothing, because management is not qualified to train and does not train
- Management was nice in the beginning but turned blind eyes to harassment
- they are rude, Clique
- Not positive feedback, no pay off, worked like slaves and so much turn over just about there bottom line and no concern for well being of workers in any regard.
Pros
Nothing to Pro
Cons
Everything to Con
Fun workplace but can be stressful
Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 January 2017
When I worked there, it had awful management. They were consistently down our necks. Even as a top seller, they treated their employees awfully. Everyone I worked with quit because of how bad it got. Had an awful commission as well.
Pros
the people
Cons
managment
review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pacific Centre, Vancouver11 July 2016
greeting customers, helping them select items they are interested in, answering questions about the garments, collections, fabrics, etc.
That men & women shop for different reasons, (typically) men when they need something, women for all sorts of reasons>
co-workers were kind, however, due to it being a commission-based sales environment, it got a bit competitive..
I t was difficult to predict how many people would come through the door that were going to buy something, and if they would keep it or not>
it was enjoyable when a new collection would come in, when we had sales, so more customers would come in
Pros
close-knit environment, enjoyable, nice atmosphere
Cons
hours could be cut, resulting in low pay cheque
Love my co-workers, do not love my work
Senior Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2016
The company needs to take better care of it's employees as they are the front lines of their business. If you pay sales associates minimum wage and management just above that, then you will only get a minimum wage amount of work from employees.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No sign of a raise!
Productive and fun work place and friendly co-workers
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 February 2017
Always do the unloading of the delivery of the stocks.

Hang and fold of the clothes

Organize and maintain the cleanliness and arrangement of the items inside the backrooom.

Assist all the staff for all their needs in the store.
Pros
N/A
Cons
overtime sometimes
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 August 2016
fun working environment but it can be very slow at times. the management isn't very polite and flexible when it comes to requesting days off or anything. overall, not a bad place to work.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Very slow and boring
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
Great people to work with great staff they show that they really care. Loved my years there getting to know some of the most amazing people
decent
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 August 2016
it was an okay place to work. Management was just a little disorganized. Good people though. very comfortable place to work.making target was sometimes difficult when the season was slow
Nice environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 December 2016
pleasant
team work
good
sociable, funny, kind
please everyone
seeing customers' satisfaction
I enjoyed working there
Pros
commission
Cons
heavy stuff sometimes

Want to know more about Le Chateau?

Ask a question
good management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 April 2016
the team is great, you are able apply your communication aswell work on it. Company is flexible with the student work life. very understanding people. management is great on teaching how to do special orders, making customer transactions
Horrible place to work
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 June 2016
Honestly, stay away. The management is horrible at this business. Hated every minute of working there. Other employees there steal your commission sales every chance they get. The discount is okay because you get fifty percent off the clothing, but some of the clothing is awful; falls apart after one wash cycle.
Great learning experience
Menswear Style Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2016
Learned amazing lifetime skills
Met great people and life time friends.
Learned to thrive in a competitive environment.
Sometimes shaky management but work team made results happen.
Don't work here
Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Kelowna5 September 2015
I really enjoy working at Le Chateau. The clothes are high quality and easy to sell as well as the people I work with are amazing. However, I would not recommend applying here. They do not give you room to be an individual and sell in your own way. The company wants all of their employees to conform to everything they say and basically sell in a scripted way. If you are going to school or have any kind of a life outside of work they will not be willing to work around your schedule. The company is inflexible and stubborn when it comes to availability. I loved working here and had top sales however they practically pushed me out the door because I refused to work off a script and drop out of school to have a career here. They are not looking for people to work their part-time, they only want people who are going to work for Le Chateau forever. If you are just looking for a job in retail DO NOT apply here. They don't even have competitive wages and you will probably stay at minimum wage for the entire period of working there.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
inflexible
Glad it is over
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2015
I worked here while I was going to school.
A typical work day would start pleasant with my fellow employees, then by the end I would be miserable.
I was the head cashier, so I was mostly responsible for ringing through the sales. I was also in charge of the accessories.
On top of the salary, the sales employees got a commission for their sales. That is were it got really competitive and the employees could turn angry quickly.
What was really frustrating was that it was a store stuffed with too much clothing. If we had to get clothing out of the back, that was a nightmare, and dangerous to our safety. It would take another person to pry open the tracks and hold it open with their bodies, so that I could get something for a customer. And if it was on the top row, you had to climb up to get it. There were no ladders, and a clothes hook was impossible to come by. I had ripped so much of my clothing from that. I had talked to management about it several times but nothing was really done.
Once the store was closed, we would have to stay for hours after cleaning, and re-organizing the store. I had to stop several times out of sheer exhaustion and I got yelled at for it. An eight hour work day would end up being 10-11 hours with no other breaks.
The only thing that made me happy was working in the men's department the few times I had to cover while another employee was on break.
I would not recommend this place to work at to anyone. I don't even shop there anymore.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Long hours, not enough breaks, and management
Worst company I have EVER worked for!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 February 2016
Our DM would come to my store and trash talk certain employees behind their backs, was not professional at all... Hired new management member and allowed this new employee to take weeks off at a time leaving all the responsibility of the store on only two full time key holders, who by the way were only getting paid $12.00 and $11.50! Its an embarrassment to say that I ever worked for a company who truly does not care about their employees at all.
well-structured, upbeat environment
Manager, Assistant Manager, Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2012
-servicing customers needs, merchandising, receiving stock, cash and systems paperwork, perform directives from Head Office
-learned all aspects of store operations and how to organize and give priority to key situations
-management well trained, professional, knowledgable
-co-workers fun to work with while striving to reach objectives
-hardest part of the job would be long hours standing
-most enjoyable part of the job is being in a fast-paced environment that allows you to learn, be surrounded by great fashion and, meet new people on a daily basis
Pros
quality fashion, bright contemporary stores, quality training, great incentives
Cons
employee turn-over
Productive and energetic work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 March 2016
No time to sit and no time to find excuses. Nothing but exceptional customer service was always expected. I learned to never take customer's complaints and aggravations personally and to to always try to troubleshoot the problem to get the best outcome possible.

The manager was always available for advice and help but always let everyone figure out situations and problems and solve them on their own before she interfered. Everyone worked as a team and everyone was looking for the best results for the customer and the store.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with complaints patiently and trying to always let the customer leave satisfied but the best part was when the customer got what they were looking for and left the store with a smile and a great and powerful feedback.
Pros
Great discount on awesome clothes
Cons
No sufficient hours
Sales Associate and Key Holder
Sales Associate Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2015
Go to work
Clock in
Read binder of tasks to be completed in between customers
Customer Service
Up selling products aim for goal
Close store
General store clean up
Home

Promoted from Sales Associate to key Holder
Pros
Got a raised
Cons
Productive Job in which I learned many things.
Floor Staff/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 March 2016
Le Chateau has provided with much experience. Before I worked here, I did not have any experience with the actual inventory operations of the store. I have had the opportunity to learn, explore and come across situations I would have never thought myself to be in. All this has made me a better employee for the current workplace.

One thing that I would change is the addition of a break room. It would be a lot more accommodating to have a separate space to spend my breaks in rather than having to sit squished at the back with all the boxes and materials placed there.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Sometimes low on hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Le Chateau. Our community is ready to answer.

65%