Le Chateau Employee Reviews in Canada

review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pacific Centre, VancouverJuly 11, 2016
greeting customers, helping them select items they are interested in, answering questions about the garments, collections, fabrics, etc.
That men & women shop for different reasons, (typically) men when they need something, women for all sorts of reasons>
co-workers were kind, however, due to it being a commission-based sales environment, it got a bit competitive..
I t was difficult to predict how many people would come through the door that were going to buy something, and if they would keep it or not>
it was enjoyable when a new collection would come in, when we had sales, so more customers would come in
Pros
close-knit environment, enjoyable, nice atmosphere
Cons
hours could be cut, resulting in low pay cheque
Horrible place to work
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 15, 2016
Honestly, stay away. The management is horrible at this business. Hated every minute of working there. Other employees there steal your commission sales every chance they get. The discount is okay because you get fifty percent off the clothing, but some of the clothing is awful; falls apart after one wash cycle.
Great retail store to work at
Sales Associate/ Shoe Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
Working at Le Chateau helped my customer service skills a lot. I started as a cashier/ sales associate and worked my way up to a shoe specialist. I really enjoyed being in charge of my own area, making sure all the right merchandise is displayed and customers are more then satisfied with their purchase.
Productive Job in which I learned many things.
Floor Staff/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 6, 2016
Le Chateau has provided with much experience. Before I worked here, I did not have any experience with the actual inventory operations of the store. I have had the opportunity to learn, explore and come across situations I would have never thought myself to be in. All this has made me a better employee for the current workplace.

One thing that I would change is the addition of a break room. It would be a lot more accommodating to have a separate space to spend my breaks in rather than having to sit squished at the back with all the boxes and materials placed there.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Sometimes low on hours
Productive and energetic work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMarch 24, 2016
No time to sit and no time to find excuses. Nothing but exceptional customer service was always expected. I learned to never take customer's complaints and aggravations personally and to to always try to troubleshoot the problem to get the best outcome possible.

The manager was always available for advice and help but always let everyone figure out situations and problems and solve them on their own before she interfered. Everyone worked as a team and everyone was looking for the best results for the customer and the store.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with complaints patiently and trying to always let the customer leave satisfied but the best part was when the customer got what they were looking for and left the store with a smile and a great and powerful feedback.
Pros
Great discount on awesome clothes
Cons
No sufficient hours
Worst company I have EVER worked for!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Our DM would come to my store and trash talk certain employees behind their backs, was not professional at all... Hired new management member and allowed this new employee to take weeks off at a time leaving all the responsibility of the store on only two full time key holders, who by the way were only getting paid $12.00 and $11.50! Its an embarrassment to say that I ever worked for a company who truly does not care about their employees at all.
Pros
Love my co-workers, do not love my work
Senior Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2016
The company needs to take better care of it's employees as they are the front lines of their business. If you pay sales associates minimum wage and management just above that, then you will only get a minimum wage amount of work from employees.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No sign of a raise!
Professional and fun work enviornment
Product Manager, Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work would involve opening the store, greeting customers, discovering their needs and then meeting them to meet sales goals, and then closing the store.

I learned excellent people skills while working here. How to communicate, how to read body language, how to build a connection an instant connection, while also learning about product knowledge and the importance of sales goals.

My co-workers and managers were always supportive and positive, creating a fun and upbeat atmosphere which really transferred to the sales floor.

The hardest part of the job would be meeting sales goals on low traffic days.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be implementing merchandising directives.
Pros
Flexible schedule, employee discount
Cons
Mall hours
Staff Very friendly and supportive/ Low Wage
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSApril 28, 2016
Great staff, but a lot is expected of you for a very low wage
Love working with great clientele
Manager is very supportive and accommodating
Pros
Staff Very friendly and supportive
Cons
Low Pay for what is expected
good management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 1, 2016
the team is great, you are able apply your communication aswell work on it. Company is flexible with the student work life. very understanding people. management is great on teaching how to do special orders, making customer transactions
Where loves of fashion worked.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2016
There was a lots of people who had a love of shopping and fashion who worked there. There was a lot of work to do as they had no inventory control clerk for awhile.
fun retail experience
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 9, 2016
working at Le Chateau as a brand stylist was a wonderful experience, I enjoyed helping customers find the perfect outfits for parties and weddings.
Good retail experience with lots of fashion knowledge
Part-Time Key holder (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 20, 2016
I check my personal goal for the store to achieve good numbers at the end of the day. I learn about the new products that come into the store and I service customers.
Pros
Co-workers are enjoyable to work with
Great learning experience
Menswear Style Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2016
Learned amazing lifetime skills
Met great people and life time friends.
Learned to thrive in a competitive environment.
Sometimes shaky management but work team made results happen.
amazing managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKMarch 16, 2016
My years at Le Chateau really helped me to grow into a young adult. I started there when i was 16 and I really enjoyed the workplace environment along with the staff.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 4, 2016
Great place to work really enjoyed working as a team. My supervisor was very supportive and inspiring. Loved the clothes.
Great team environment & jovial atmosphere
Sales Associate/Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy my work!! Extremely fast paced and demanding, but a great challenge with both base pay and commission based incentives.
Fun work place, great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 26, 2015
While working for this company I realized that although everyone as individuals were amazing, it felt a little like high school. In a sense everyone would talk about each other and it went from a family to just coworkers
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
People were ridiculing one another
Fashionable place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJanuary 13, 2016
Lots of great fashion with lots of product knowledge and training. Not a great job culture and very low paying. Would not work for them again.
le chateau the best place
Clerk/ Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2015
just enjoy the day as i explain incoming customers about the material we are selling. I learned that creating a good relationship with client is important because they come back.

my management was great and they did what they could to keep it that way.

They most hard part of the job is when client little upset because when she calls before coming in the store someone may have given them bad info.

my co-workers were the best.. i created a friendship with them even though i left but we still talk.

most enjoyable is when you making sells you feel like you doing something
Pros
compliments from manager
Cons
long standing