Le Chateau

Le Chateau Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work environment with an amazing staff
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: discounts, good quality clothing, good team
Cons: not enough hours, underpaid.
I believe this is a great job for a part-time employee with a very flexible schedule and a great group of people who are willing to help you make more sales and achieve your goals. Although, if you are looking for a full-time job, with benefits or to progress and move your way up through a company, I'm not too certain that this would be the correct place. It is very hard to move up in this company, unfortunately, and they are known for being over-staffed (therefore making a full 40 hours almost impossible to attain.) Otherwise, a great company to work for, with amazing quality stuff!
flexible shifts
Floor Sales Associate (Co-op) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 12, 2015
outbound calls and asking to donate as a charity.Ability to handle difficult calls.Breast cancer foundation helping to raise fund.
fun workplace where one gets to feels the pressure to take initiative and motivates themselves to make sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: earning commission when sales were high enough
Cons: having to be on your feet all day
A typical day at work involved greeting customers, helping them find styles and items best suited to their body type, bringing them sizes and styles and also putting unpurchased clothes back to the their place in the store. At the end of the night we clean up, which includes putting all items back in their rightful places and organizing items according to size on their racks - sizing the store. I learned how to take initiative and how to communicate with people and approach customers in a friendly and helpful but not pushy manner. Management was well organized. We had a friendly store manager who pushed us to take initiative, come to work looking very presentable and to do our best to meet our sales goals. Most of my co-workers were friendly and cooperative people who I could chat with during slow times The hardest part of the job was trying to meet sales goals during slow days or slow times of the year - it is necessary to find the fine balance between promoting products without being too pushy with customers which only leads to their frustration. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I would vastly exceed my sales goal on good days. It made me feel good and motivated.
productive and a great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Guelph,February 2, 2015
Great co-workers. Great place to learn a lot about sales.A typical day at work involves provides the best customer service and meeting sales goals.
Reluctant to change
Store Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: freedom of fashion.
Cons: work-life balance, wage
Everyday is the same challenge. Balancing tasks vs proper customer service can be tough, but when it comes to fashion, money can't buy style. You really don't have to spend lots to look amazing. It's nice knowing that your supervisor will be there when you need it the most, especially when your team is always changing. Which also makes consistency difficult to achieve. At the end of the day, nothing makes you feel better knowing you've steered a client or in the right direction. Being an ambassador of your own style and service type, nothing can beat that.
Interactive hands on environment
Merchandiser Assistant (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 19, 2015
- Achieved company standards through visual displays
- Communicated with management and staff for feedback on product movement and sell through

- Forecasted the weeks’ business and applied visual movements in order to capitalize on the business at hand

- Management worked hard to ensure everyone on the team was up to date with current numbers and goals

- Creative ability when displaying new merchandise
Fun company to work with and room to grow
Part time Style Specialist/ Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great employee benefits
Cons: low hours
I learned a lot to be part of the management team. I had amazing co workers and enjoyed my time there!
Vibrant and fashion forward.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 23, 2014
Pros: 50% discount, incentives
Cons: constant changing schedules
I really enjoyed working here. Always in touch with latest and upcoming fashion trends.It was great for early work experiences.
Good job with great people. Really good products: fashion, shoes, and accessories.
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2014
Pros: i get to work with good people, and i'm surrounded with clothing. i also get a really good discount.
Cons: it's not a 9-5 job. it's shift work.
I clock in and start my day. There are always clothes to put away, organize, and reprice. Some days we accept new merchandise and open the boxes and place the clothes on racks to put out on the floor. Shoes get put away. The prices on the tag are checked to make sure they are correct. I stay near the fitting room where it's closer to the shoes and washrooms. After some time, I might put the clothes that weren't purchased back where they were hanging on the floor. Depending on how long my shift is, I either get an hour lunch break, or only a 15 minute break. When my shift is over, I clock out.
Great job for merchandising. Terrible mgmt
Visual Merchandiser / Product Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2014
Loved the visual, poor management, head office expects things that can be done when they have no idea whats actually happening in the store.
great place to work!
Key holder- supervisor (Current Employee), saint john,nbJune 27, 2014
Love working here! I love the staff, the clients & the fashion!
Fun Working Environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 24, 2014
Great for part time staff.
Learned how to work based on sales.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chinook Mall, CalgaryMay 6, 2014
Pros: 50% off store clothing (employee discount)
Meet several customers. Requires a lot of interaction with people and understanding customer's needs. Team members a competitive but friendly too. Team spirited and helpful to eachother.
Fun atmosphere to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2014
Fun atmosphere to work for, opportunities to work your way up in company.
Hard physical and detailed work, and I loved every moment of it
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Victoria BCApril 16, 2014
My day started at 8am
-clean the floors
-restock the floor with product
-write up daily/weekly reports
-open the store. Cash, verifying receipts, opening tills
-Merchandise product/ move around the store
-stock
-schedules
-training new/existing staff
-managing floor for sales
-closing reports
-close the store

The hardest part of my job was leaving at the end of the day.
Best part is seeing my staff grow and move into high positions within the company.
Generally good company to work for
Visual Display Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 7, 2014
Pros: health benefits, clothing discount.
Cons: lots of unpaid overtime, unfair favouritism.
Mostly delightful working environment but very inappropriate inner company relations that made for unfair favouritism.
Positive Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 13, 2014
While working at Le Chateau I have made many friends. I like that the work place was always friendly and positive.
Fun and very interactive
Style Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits. excellent hours if working full time
Cons: you want to buy everything there
Very good job as far as customer service goes.
Staff all very fun and open.
Very good pay especially if you are sales driven.
Enjoyable
Men's Specialist (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: hours go to management mostly. its more a part time job.
This place was a fun place to work for the time being, enjoyed the people. The over all job was standard retail clothing store structure. The commission was good as well.
So-so experience
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, 50 % employee discount
Cons: not enough hours given to the store - resulting in a few available hours for sales associates, discount only applies to clothes for you.
Le Chateau - based on my experience as a sales associate and key holder rarely takes care of its employees. They ask a lot from their employees which would be acceptable if they took care of them. This goes for the company itself and not the various store managements. I've had different managers over the past 2 years as an employee of Le Chateau. As stated above, they ask too much out of their managers and sales team and rarely give back.

Store management differs from manager to manager and this greatly changes the work experience.

1 2 3