Le Chateau Employee Reviews

Love my co-workers, do not love my work
Senior Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2016
The company needs to take better care of it's employees as they are the front lines of their business. If you pay sales associates minimum wage and management just above that, then you will only get a minimum wage amount of work from employees.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No sign of a raise!
review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pacific Centre, VancouverJuly 11, 2016
greeting customers, helping them select items they are interested in, answering questions about the garments, collections, fabrics, etc.
That men & women shop for different reasons, (typically) men when they need something, women for all sorts of reasons>
co-workers were kind, however, due to it being a commission-based sales environment, it got a bit competitive..
I t was difficult to predict how many people would come through the door that were going to buy something, and if they would keep it or not>
it was enjoyable when a new collection would come in, when we had sales, so more customers would come in
Pros
close-knit environment, enjoyable, nice atmosphere
Cons
hours could be cut, resulting in low pay cheque
good management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 1, 2016
the team is great, you are able apply your communication aswell work on it. Company is flexible with the student work life. very understanding people. management is great on teaching how to do special orders, making customer transactions
Productive and energetic work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMarch 24, 2016
No time to sit and no time to find excuses. Nothing but exceptional customer service was always expected. I learned to never take customer's complaints and aggravations personally and to to always try to troubleshoot the problem to get the best outcome possible.

The manager was always available for advice and help but always let everyone figure out situations and problems and solve them on their own before she interfered. Everyone worked as a team and everyone was looking for the best results for the customer and the store.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with complaints patiently and trying to always let the customer leave satisfied but the best part was when the customer got what they were looking for and left the store with a smile and a great and powerful feedback.
Pros
Great discount on awesome clothes
Cons
No sufficient hours
Productive Job in which I learned many things.
Floor Staff/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 6, 2016
Le Chateau has provided with much experience. Before I worked here, I did not have any experience with the actual inventory operations of the store. I have had the opportunity to learn, explore and come across situations I would have never thought myself to be in. All this has made me a better employee for the current workplace.

One thing that I would change is the addition of a break room. It would be a lot more accommodating to have a separate space to spend my breaks in rather than having to sit squished at the back with all the boxes and materials placed there.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Sometimes low on hours
Horrible place to work
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 15, 2016
Honestly, stay away. The management is horrible at this business. Hated every minute of working there. Other employees there steal your commission sales every chance they get. The discount is okay because you get fifty percent off the clothing, but some of the clothing is awful; falls apart after one wash cycle.
Professional and fun work enviornment
Product Manager, Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work would involve opening the store, greeting customers, discovering their needs and then meeting them to meet sales goals, and then closing the store.

I learned excellent people skills while working here. How to communicate, how to read body language, how to build a connection an instant connection, while also learning about product knowledge and the importance of sales goals.

My co-workers and managers were always supportive and positive, creating a fun and upbeat atmosphere which really transferred to the sales floor.

The hardest part of the job would be meeting sales goals on low traffic days.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be implementing merchandising directives.
Pros
Flexible schedule, employee discount
Cons
Mall hours
Worst company I have EVER worked for!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Our DM would come to my store and trash talk certain employees behind their backs, was not professional at all... Hired new management member and allowed this new employee to take weeks off at a time leaving all the responsibility of the store on only two full time key holders, who by the way were only getting paid $12.00 and $11.50! Its an embarrassment to say that I ever worked for a company who truly does not care about their employees at all.
Pros
Great retail store to work at
Sales Associate/ Shoe Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
Working at Le Chateau helped my customer service skills a lot. I started as a cashier/ sales associate and worked my way up to a shoe specialist. I really enjoyed being in charge of my own area, making sure all the right merchandise is displayed and customers are more then satisfied with their purchase.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 29, 2016
fun working environment but it can be very slow at times. the management isn't very polite and flexible when it comes to requesting days off or anything. overall, not a bad place to work.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Very slow and boring
Great learning experience
Menswear Style Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2016
Learned amazing lifetime skills
Met great people and life time friends.
Learned to thrive in a competitive environment.
Sometimes shaky management but work team made results happen.
Great work environment with an amazing staff
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 15, 2015
I believe this is a great job for a part-time employee with a very flexible schedule and a great group of people who are willing to help you make more sales and achieve your goals. Although, if you are looking for a full-time job, with benefits or to progress and move your way up through a company, I'm not too certain that this would be the correct place. It is very hard to move up in this company, unfortunately, and they are known for being over-staffed (therefore making a full 40 hours almost impossible to attain.) Otherwise, a great company to work for, with amazing quality stuff!
Pros
discounts, good quality clothing, good team
Cons
not enough hours, underpaid.
decent
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 10, 2016
it was an okay place to work. Management was just a little disorganized. Good people though. very comfortable place to work.making target was sometimes difficult when the season was slow
Glad it is over
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2015
I worked here while I was going to school.
A typical work day would start pleasant with my fellow employees, then by the end I would be miserable.
I was the head cashier, so I was mostly responsible for ringing through the sales. I was also in charge of the accessories.
On top of the salary, the sales employees got a commission for their sales. That is were it got really competitive and the employees could turn angry quickly.
What was really frustrating was that it was a store stuffed with too much clothing. If we had to get clothing out of the back, that was a nightmare, and dangerous to our safety. It would take another person to pry open the tracks and hold it open with their bodies, so that I could get something for a customer. And if it was on the top row, you had to climb up to get it. There were no ladders, and a clothes hook was impossible to come by. I had ripped so much of my clothing from that. I had talked to management about it several times but nothing was really done.
Once the store was closed, we would have to stay for hours after cleaning, and re-organizing the store. I had to stop several times out of sheer exhaustion and I got yelled at for it. An eight hour work day would end up being 10-11 hours with no other breaks.
The only thing that made me happy was working in the men's department the few times I had to cover while another employee was on break.
I would not recommend this place to work at to anyone. I don't even shop there anymore.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Long hours, not enough breaks, and management
Sales Associate and Key Holder
Sales Associate Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Go to work
Clock in
Read binder of tasks to be completed in between customers
Customer Service
Up selling products aim for goal
Close store
General store clean up
Home

Promoted from Sales Associate to key Holder
Pros
Got a raised
fun retail experience
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 9, 2016
working at Le Chateau as a brand stylist was a wonderful experience, I enjoyed helping customers find the perfect outfits for parties and weddings.
Where loves of fashion worked.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2016
There was a lots of people who had a love of shopping and fashion who worked there. There was a lot of work to do as they had no inventory control clerk for awhile.
Staff Very friendly and supportive/ Low Wage
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSApril 28, 2016
Great staff, but a lot is expected of you for a very low wage
Love working with great clientele
Manager is very supportive and accommodating
Pros
Staff Very friendly and supportive
Cons
Low Pay for what is expected
Good retail experience with lots of fashion knowledge
Part-Time Key holder (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 20, 2016
I check my personal goal for the store to achieve good numbers at the end of the day. I learn about the new products that come into the store and I service customers.
Pros
Co-workers are enjoyable to work with
Don't work here
Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  KelownaSeptember 5, 2015
I really enjoy working at Le Chateau. The clothes are high quality and easy to sell as well as the people I work with are amazing. However, I would not recommend applying here. They do not give you room to be an individual and sell in your own way. The company wants all of their employees to conform to everything they say and basically sell in a scripted way. If you are going to school or have any kind of a life outside of work they will not be willing to work around your schedule. The company is inflexible and stubborn when it comes to availability. I loved working here and had top sales however they practically pushed me out the door because I refused to work off a script and drop out of school to have a career here. They are not looking for people to work their part-time, they only want people who are going to work for Le Chateau forever. If you are just looking for a job in retail DO NOT apply here. They don't even have competitive wages and you will probably stay at minimum wage for the entire period of working there.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
inflexible